LAFS : V

Love At First Strike
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunseo has tried all the possible ways just for her university to forcefully transfer her to a different school. A few days after the game, a small paper was pinned on their bulletin board and it was about school rules violators who were asked to transfer. Most of the violations were cheating and assault; Eunseo could never choose to cheat since her mother wanted her to have passing grades, so she tried engaging in peer assault.

“Hello, officer? There has been a gang fight going on in this address. Come here quickly!” As soon as Eunseo did the call, she rushed towards the group of students who were fighting and proceeded to join them as well. It was pure chaos; some were ripping each other's uniform off; others were pulling each other's hair off. 

But as soon as they all heard the police car's siren, everyone ran away from the scene.

Everyone, except Eunseo, who was stunned when the students suddenly disappeared so quickly. Her hair was messy, she gained a few cuts from the fight, and some of her uniform buttons were ruined too.

It could've been successful, only if she ran too. 

“Officer, wait! I joined in the fight too!” She yelled, chasing the policemen who were after the students.

“Please arrest me and let me transfer!” 

The athlete buried her face on the thick calculus book, bumping her head in annoyance because of all the failures she had. Yeoreum, her best friend, was just staring at her in disbelief. Both of them were together in the library and were supposed to study for a quiz, but Eunseo was just whining in her seat because of all the failed attempts to get herself transferred.

“Shouldn't you be studying for our Math quiz? Just stick with what your mom wants instead, Eunseo. Study hard and get good grades so she'll let you transfer. Violating school rules won't technically work especially if it's a major offense. What if you get expelled instead? Yonsei won't definitely accept students that have a record of expulsion,” Yeoreum said, trying to convince her friend to quit the dirty work and choose what's safer. 

“You know, I hate studying,” Eunseo complained, aggressively scratching her head when her eyes landed on the combined letters and numbers on the book. “Gosh, this doesn't even help with my life as a volleyball player! Math is just a whole headache.” 

“Well, like I said, studying is the only safest way possible if you really want to transfer to that university. Unless you beg someone to let you in.” 

“I did,” Eunseo uttered, pouting. “I went to Yonsei to convince their volleyball coach to take me in since I heard about the tryouts on television. He told me he'd contact my mom, but it has been a week and I'm still stuck here in Hanyang. Plus, my mom's being extra annoying these past few days because she has been convincing me to stop playing volleyball.”

Eunseo did wait, hoping that Coach Lee would give her mom a call after she gave him the woman's phone number; but it seemed like the chances of her getting the slot were just unlikely.

“Hm, well, I really don't know what else to do. You literally tried everything, so I guess you're really stuck with—”

“I am not studying.” Eunseo said, cutting her friend's words off. “There must be other ways, and I'm certainly gonna find more tonight!”

Eunseo checked her wristwatch. 

It was already ten in the evening and the streets were empty. She rolled up her sleeves and checked herself in the mirror for the last time, smiling when she was already satisfied with how she looked. 

This was her last option; enter a bar that only accepts people who were aged twenty and above. She was almost twenty and was already in her age of majority, but either way, she can still lie and state she was a minor to get arrested for it. 

The athlete managed to get in without the guards questioning her and asking for an identification card. She casually walked towards an empty seat and made herself comfortable despite the reeking smell of alcohol and cigarettes that made her feel a bit lightheaded. 

Eunseo looked around, frowning when she saw that there were no policemen inside to make sure people who entered the place fit in the age requirement. She was about to go towards the counter to ask for a drink when a waiter grabbed her arm and pulled her towards a private room where a group of friends were having a drink. 

“She will be the one to entertain you guys today. Enjoy and just hit the button if you need anything else!” The waiter said before leaving. Eunseo just stood there, her facial expressions looking blank, because of how surprised she was of what just happened. 

“She's definitely a minor,” one of the guys said, chuckling as he gave Eunseo weird and creepy stares. “So, are you gonna sit here and drink with us? The glass is waiting.” 

Eunseo swallowed the lump that was stuck in . She suddenly remembered why she was there, and that was to let herself get arrested just so she could transfer to Yonsei. She then shrugged all the negative thoughts away and walked towards the couch, sitting in between two men; one was taking a shot of alcohol and the other was huffing on his cigarette. The athlete was thankful because the majority of the people in that circle were women and only three were men, so she guessed she had nothing to worry about.

She'd just have a drink, and that's it.

“I'll take that,” Eunseo said, holding on to the glass that was already filled all the way up with strong alcohol. The drunk guy beside her watched her in amusement. She was about to take a shot when suddenly, someone grabbed the glass from her and drank the liquid inside instead. 

“Number 27, what are you doing here?” 

Eunseo paused for a while before her eyes widened in surprise when she realized who it was.

“Kim Bona?”

“Gosh, Bona, you're such a killjoy!” One of the girls said, pouting as she took a shot from her glass. The man beside her just pulled her body close and planted kisses on her neck, and the sight just made Eunseo really uncomfortable. 

“I just left for a while to look for an empty bathroom and you guys are already drinking without me.” Bona uttered, her arms crossed. “And as for you, 27, you're leaving.” 

“Wait, I have to—”

“Woah, don't let her leave! She was so excited to drink, but you stole the glass from her. Let the kid have fun on a Friday night,” the drunk guy suggested, to which his other friends agreed. 

Bona let out a deep sigh before grabbing Eunseo's wrist and pulling her away from the scene. She heard her friends call, but she thought it would be much safer if Eunseo left the place immediately, before the police came. They both quickly walked out of the bar and ended up standing in the middle of an empty street.

As soon as they were alone, Bona stood in front of Eunseo, her eyebrow raised. The girl just looked away, trying to avoid the judging gaze Bona was giving her. 

“Care to tell me what a student your age was doing inside that place?” 

“Shouldn't I be asking you that too?” 

“I'm also a student, but I'm already twenty-one.” Bona reminded. “And I have a high alcohol tolerance, so I don't have to worry about being in a really drunken state. Now, answer my question.”

Eunseo released a heavy sigh.

“I was trying to get myself arrested,” she answered. 

“Are you nuts? Do you know how it feels to get arrested and be jailed? I honestly don't have any idea why you're trying to let that happen, but couldn't you think of another way than letting yourself be harmed?” 

Eunseo's heart started beating faster than its normal rate. She didn't know if it was because Bona's tone changed and rather sounded threatening than comforting, or was it because they barely knew each other but it was obvious how concerned she was of Eunseo's well-being. 

Bona was still staring at her and it made her feel even more nervous.

“Why are you trying to get yourself arrested?” Bona asked when she noticed that Eunseo doesn't have any plans on speaking. 

“So my school would forcefully transfer me to yours.” Eunseo finally spoke. Instead of being surprised a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter