idiot

idiot

“You are my sun,

my moon and my stars.

You make me want to keep living.

Without you my life is pointless.

You shine in my eyes,

You shine brighter than anything and anyone.

Please stay with me.”

Eunji typed into her laptop and looked out the window. Gosh, this poetry thing was hard. Hard and tiring. She closed her eyes and stretched a little, thinking about when will she be able to take a break and eat something. Just as she thought that a big mug of coffee and a plate with muffins was placed in front of her. She looked up to see her best friend and roommate, Bomi, reading her poem, concentration written all over her face. Suddenly Eunji felt really self-conscious, her face heating up at the thought of Bomi reading that sappy thing.

“It’s good, I didn’t know you’re into poetry.” Was all Bomi said before going to her bed and laying down, picking up her book.

“Aw, come on, you know me better than I know myself. We both know this is homework for our English class. Anyways, it sounds dull and meaningless. Help me?” Eunji asked and Bomi sighed, put her book down yet again and went to Eunji.

“Okay, first of all, this really is good but you do need to change something. It’s too… basic. Pour some soul into it, will you? Something that means the world to you. Here, let me try, okay?” Bomi said and without asking for permission opened new Word document and started typing. After about 15 minutes she showed Eunji what she had written.

“The life I live is a lie

If you are not there.

Without seeing your hair

Black as the night sky

Without seeing your eyes

Grey as the fog that clouds my mind when I’m around you

Without seeing your smile

Which shines brighter than the sun in a summer day

I cannot live

For I shall give my life up for you to see

How much I love you

And how much it hurts knowing

I shall never be loved back.”

Eunji was speechless, she never knew a poem could contain so much emotion. Bomi cleared and looked away.

“So, yeah, this is it. It’s not much but you can try if you want. I’m going to Chorong for a bit to see how she’s doing.” And with that she left Eunji alone in the room, wondering what to do.

Some hours later when Bomi came into their room, Eunji was nowhere to be found but her laptop was on her desk with a new document open. Bomi went there to see what it was and found a new poem, much more direct this time.

“You are the reason I wake up

I can’t fall asleep without you near me.

Every time I close my eyes

Brown is the color that I see.

Brown because of your curls,

Because of your marvelous eyes.

The thought that you are next to me

And yet I cannot touch you,

I cannot embrace you like I want,

I cannot play with your hair till you fall asleep,

I cannot kiss your lips every time you wake up next to me

And fall asleep at night.

The thought that you are right here

And yet so far away,

It’s been driving me mad

For I thought I shall never stop loving you

And you shall never love me back.

But oh, was I wrong, for I just found out

You feel the same way as I do

So let me say this for the first time

As I should have said it a long,

Long time ago.

I love you, from the bottom of my heart and even further.

I love you, to the moon, to the next universe even.

I love you like I have never loved before.

I love you,

Yoon Bomi.”

At this point Bomi was full-on crying her eyes out, thinking about her roommate, her best friend, the love of her life. She just couldn’t believe Eunji would write something so…. Beautiful. Bomi did not hear the door open, nor shut close. She, however, felt a hand on her shoulder and quickly turned around to find Eunji, a single rose flower in her hand. She looked at Bomi, confusion all over her face.

“Hey, why are you crying? Did I do something wrong? This was not about me, was it? I ed up, huh? I’m sorry, please don’t be mad or sad, please don’t cry-” She was cut off by Bomi’s lips colliding with her. The kiss was short and fierce, filled with love, the love these two have been hiding from each other for years. Eunji looked at the other girl and handed her the flower.

“I’m a bit late, huh?” She smiled at the sight of Bomi laughing and shaking her head.

“Only by six years.” Bomi laughed while caressing Eunji's cheeks

“You know me too well, I’m not really smart.” She said and Bomi laughed yet again.

“I know. That’s why I love you, you idiot.”

“You are idiot too,” She kissed Bomi again. “I'm your idiot.”

“Yeah, you’re finally my idiot.”