One

Consequences

The first time I laid my eyes on him I felt an awry feeling in my chest. His eyes were twinkling and his smiles were a perfect subject in photography. The way he spoke meticulously in his friends was enchanting. This was the first time I felt this way. I suddenly wanted to know more about him, I started following him around, I am not a stalker! Just when I got time, I guess, I tried following him.

“Hey what are you looking at?” there was a slight nudge behind me, it was my friend Jongdae, were both at the library to look for things we needed for our literature class and it happened that this guy I’ve been liking for a month now is here and he was busy looking at a book. (I’m sorry library scene is so overrated already! HAHAHAHA)

I replied with a deep sigh.

“Chanyeol will gonna be here next week.”

“Huh? Who cares?” Jongdae replied with a stoic face, as if he had heard it a million times already “he always follows you around you anyway. I’m not surprised.”

I sigh for the second time.

“By the way, he only decided to follow you now that we’re in Senior High, something’s fishy.”

“Jongdae……”

“Hmmm?”

Now that Jongdae said we’re in senior high, maybe it’s my chance to confess to this guy. I look at his direction; he was still standing there, as if he was waiting for someone to approach him. I checked my appearance, I smiled and walk towards him.

“Hey” I waved my hand, he blinks his eyes a few times before acknowledging my presence. “I like you.”

I’m already aware what his reaction will be, but I ignored it and hand out my phone. “Please, give me your number.”

“What the heck?!” Sehun replied bitterly, everyone on the other aisle judgingly throws a glance at him “Are you sick?” he whispered but was loud enough for the guy in front of us to hear.

“I like you!” I said the second time ignoring Jongdae. “Go out with me!”

The guy simply flicked my forehead, already annoyed.

“Am I a joke to you? Do I even know you?”

I smiled and prepared to shake hands with him, he ignored it and obviously there’s a growing annoyance in his handsome features.

“I’m Kim Junmyeon, Senior, Class A.”

“I don’t care who you are!” he snapped and made a hasty exit.

 

 

 

“Jongdae, I’ve already made a background check on him” I whispered to my friend as we walk on the noisy hallway, he was walking fast trying to make it on the first class so I have to run too.

“Don’t tell me you ask Mr. Lee to find details for him” he asked, referring to my personal butler, I nodded and showed him the folder. “You’re crazy!”

“I like him!”

“I know!! You just saw him. How come you like him that much? And you’re sounding like a stalker Junmyeon. Please.”

“He was cool, he’s doing part time job in a café, and he is a nice person.”

“Kim Junmyeon don’t let me slap you in the cheek to help you come into your senses!”

“Jongdae, I know you’ve been hurt when Luhan broke up with you but please help me with this.”

We’ve arrived in the room. We’re obviously late but it’s confusing how Ms. Debby-il’s voice couldn’t be heard.

“You’re late!” I was expecting that line though but not from our teacher but from the person I don’t want to see.

“ Chanyeol!” Jongdae gasped in an overreacting mode.

I frowned and made it to my seat while my classmates’ eyes were on us.

“I was waiting for you. I told you I will transfer the soonest, right? Surprised that much?”

“Like right now? But you’re still wearing your uniform from your old school? !” Jongdae replied for me, he created a small space from mine to Chanyeol so the latter couldn’t come closer.

“I was just visiting, and I came here in rush because Junmyeon’s not replying to my messages.”

“Look how Junmyeon doesn’t care about your existence!”

“And I don’t care about yours either! And how many times do I have to remind you, my surname is Park! Not !”

They continued to bicker, I don’t want to play along with Chanyeol right now, I feel like there’s a big burden inside my chest. It only changed when our teacher entered the room.

 

 

I excused myself immediately when I saw my man walking towards the hallway, it was lunch break and still, Chanyeol and Jongdae are busy bickering behind.

“Hi Oh Sehun!” I greeted and tried my best to follow his pace of walking. The sudden expression on his face was obvious; he doesn’t want to see me. “Have you eaten your lunch?”

He stopped. I followed and showed him my cutest smile.

“Hey, can you stop following me around? You’re annoying me.”

And then he left me, I stand there alone. I don’t know why my heart started to race. He looked cool when he acts like that. I like it.

 

 

“You must be crazy!” Jongdae whispered while we watched Sehun playing basketball with my classmates “he’s acting tsundere and you’re okay with it?”

“You’re the one who advise me to try dating” I said while fondly watching my man.

Jongdae irritably rolled his eyes “yeah! I did! But with someone you know you have a chance with. Not like him!”

I turned my head and frowned “you’re telling me we don’t have a chance?”

Jongdae’s expression changed to guilt one. “Sorry. Just my observation.”

“I hate…..” I muttered while looking at Jongdae “his attitude….” He raised his eyebrow surprisingly “but I still like him.” I smiled and run towards the bench area giving Sehun the water bottle from Jongdae’s hand.

“Kim Junmyeon, that’s my wat…..er” too late though, I’ve already handed the bottle to him and he accepted, nodded and went to sit far away from me.

I can just ignore his poker face but when he looks at me my heart is racing so fast.

We were too busy handing out the class papers inside the room, we finished the basketball game yesterday and I can’t wait to tell Jongdae what happened but then a booming voice interrupted our silece, I would be lying if I say I didn’t know him, but I do and it happened to be my best friend Chanyeol, waving his big hand to me.

“Hey Junmyeon, guess what I’m wearing today?”

His gazed was amusing but I didn’t care and replied a simple “your uniform?”

“Yeah ” can be heard at the back, which obviously came from Jongdae.

“Ding! Wrong! It’s the smile you gave me” he proudly propped himself on his seat next to me earning a loud ‘ohhhhh’ from our classmates.

“Stop teasing me and study this one instead.”

I gave him the paper right in front of his face, he took it and studied it for a second.

“Solar system? Why would we need to study this one?”

I grunted but didn’t reply.

“Hey classmates why would I need to study solar system, my whole world revolves around Junmyeon anyway!”

It was a louder ‘oooooooooooooh’ this time. I couldn’t do anything but cover my ears, I can hear Jongdae making a gagging sounds behind us.

 

 

 

 

“You have to eliminate Chanyeol before he makes another embarrassing statement that would let you fall down Junmyeon.”

“I know, I know.”

“His pick-up lines are too cheesy to even let me think of cutting off my ears just not to hear another one.”

I laugh at Jongdae’s statement and gave him a side glance, sometimes he blabbers something so foolish it made me laugh.

“I’m deadly serious” he stated even raising his eyebrows and showing it to me “he !”

“Oh, here’s my car, I have to go. See you tomorrow Jongdae. Don’t stress yourself too much okay?”

 

 

We’re halfway finishing our lunch in the cafeteria when Chanyeol appeared in front of us, shining brightly with his silver haired color. His hair was slicked back, showing his clean undercut.

“Yo” he breathes offering a drink to me and Jongdae. “I’m giving you drink even if you hate me.”

Jongdae frowned “no thanks, and shut your mouth with your pick up line or I’ll stab you with my chopsticks.”

I sighed, setting my chopsticks on the table. “You know you can get expelled if you’re going to school with the time you only want to show up.” I said reminding him that he didn’t show up this morning.

“Ohhh, you care about me?”

“I care about your dad’s reputation.”

He shrugs and paused for a few minutes. “I’ll just have to pass the exams anyway, right?”

“This person doesn’t learn at all” Jongdae muttered under his breathe. “Let’s go Junmyeon we’ll be late for our class.”

I was quick on my feet that I didn’t notice I forgot the packed lunchbox beside my tray.

 

 

“Hey!” It was that familiar voice again, it was deep yet so soft to the ears. Sehun. I’m sure of it. He was outside our classroom right now, we just ended our last class and everyone was in hurry to exit the room. I was waiting for Jongdae near the door when he appeared suddenly. He looked pissed. “Is it you again?”

“Me?” I said pointing at myself.

“Yeah! Junmyeon!”

I nodded confusedly and nervously.

“I have to tell you something important.”