final.

The Most Beautiful Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: The Most Beautiful Thing

Pairing: Winrina



 

I don't know who you are

But I'll save you a seat

Hang my coat on a chair next to me

I tried to reassure the waiter

Say you're down the street

He laughed at me

So here's to you

The most beautiful thing that I have never seen

 

- The Most Beautiful Thing, Bruno Major



 

Karina’s POV

 

What are the chances that a person devoid of colors would magically see a pigment that is not black and white for the first time after seeing a person who is just sitting at the table in a restaurant? 

 

I know it’s close to impossible, even I couldn’t imagine that it would happen in real life. The thought of me, a girl who couldn’t see colors, seeing a shade that is different from the usual black and white that I was used to seeing, is really ridiculous in my mind. 

 

But it happened. 

 

I saw colors for the first time in my life. 

 

And it happened after my eyes caught a girl sitting in a table approximately 12 meters away from mine, and she’s not just a simple girl, she’s different. Maybe it’s because she exudes vibrance, and that she’s composed of colors that I didn’t know existed, but there’s something more that I just couldn’t point out. 

 

She’s just beautiful. The most beautiful girl that I have ever seen to be exact, and I’m not exaggerating. 

 

And because of her beauty, and also the fact that her figure’s the only thing that allowed me to see various colors, I kept coming back to the restaurant where I first saw her. I was hoping to see her again; I was hoping to see colors again. But I guess seeing her was just a one time thing. 

 

I keep coming back to this particular restaurant for a week but I have never seen her colorful figure again. And because of that, I have already lost hope. 

 

It’s only when I decided that it’s going to be my last time visiting the restaurant when the colors decided to show up.

 

It was a saturday night, and the restaurant was full of customers trying to find a table to sit in. The room is full of noise, while I was just quietly sitting at the two person table, with a wine in my hand, observing the people going in and out of the restaurant. Without a bash of even a slight hope that I’m going to see the girl again.

 

When I finished drinking my wine, I had already decided to go back home. And as I was carefully standing up, fixing the seats that I had sat on, a figure of a lady, with a yellow colored floral dress, entered the chaotic scene inside the restaurant. 

 

She just stood in her spot for a minute, an employee approaching her, maybe trying to tell her to just wait for a vacant table since the restaurant is already full. I lost my focus on the girl when someone called for my attention.

 

“Are you done already, Ma’am?” She asked, I took a quick glance at the girl flushed with colors and then looked at the waiter again.

 

“Uhm, I’m actually not.” I said. Afterwards, I then looked at the girl that caught my eye earlier and pointed at her.

 

“Can you invite that lady to just sit at this table with me?” I inquired. 

 

“Kilala niyo po ba sila?” She asked, and I just nodded even if it was a lie.

 

“Okay po, I’ll be back na lang po in a minute. Pili na lang po kayo ng gusto niyong orderin dito.” She said and gave me their menu and then walked away towards the beautiful girl whom I wanted to sit with me.

 

I sat again and waited for the lady to arrive. And a few minutes later, here she was, standing beside the chair in front of me.

 

She’s beautiful, I won’t ever shut up about how good looking of a person she is. 

 

She’s also vibrant, full of different colors; of different hues, and I have never been this happy seeing a person in front of me since I was released from the womb.

 

“Ah Miss, the waiter told me that you specifically asked for me to sit with you?” She started.

 

“Uhm yeah, I saw you struggling on finding a table to sit on that’s why I wanted to offer the vacant seat in front of me.” I said, trying to sound calm even though I am ecstatic about the colors that were present in front of me.

 

She just stayed there, not knowing what to do, so I stood up and fixed the chair for her to sit on. 

 

“Uhm, sit.” I offered and she couldn’t do anything but to agree.

 

After she had already seated, I offered the menu for her to choose from. She glanced at me, her eyes questioning.

 

“Are you not gonna order?” She asked, I just shook my head.

 

“Tapos na ako.” I simply said and she just nodded at that before choosing the dish that she wanted to order.

 

After she had decided, she asked for a waiter and told her the order. After the waiter had listed the orders, she walked away and a pair of eyes coming from the front appeared.

 

The gaze was serious, it’s rather suffocating, but I just find it adorable since this is the first that I saw a pair of orbs with a different color other than black.

 

“Hindi ka pa ba aalis?” She directly said.

 

“You want me to leave already?” I asked, a pout threatening to appear from my lips.

 

“I mean, you don’t have anything to do in here anyways, so akala ko uuwi ka na.” She said, I just stared at her for seconds and then smiled.

 

“I want to accommodate you, okay lang?” I said, innocently smiling at her, silently hoping that she would agree.

 

I heard her sigh before saying something.

 

“Ito ah didiretsuhin na kita. Ano bang kailangan mo sakin? I don’t even know you.” She said irritatingly and I immediately got nervous because of that.

 

“Ahh.” I stuttered, not knowing what to say to the gorgeous lady who is now waiting for answers. 

 

I cleared my throat and fixed my posture. I looked at her again and tried to explain myself in a way that wouldn't freak her out.

 

“You see. This is not the first time that I have encountered you. You really caught my attention just when I first saw you in this restaurant so I’m glad that I got to see you here again.” I said and I’m still not finished when she already interrupted me.

 

“What?” She exclaimed, worryness and fear evident on her brown orbs.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter