Part 3 (Nayeon)

Going Back to You

Note: All words in italic are Nayeon thoughts


Nayeon managed to return to the past, to be precise she returned to the time when she was waiting for her friends at the park. Her hand was holding her cellphone and her cellphone screen showed a message which she had not sent to their group chat. Nayeon remembered the time when she spammed their group chat. None of her friends replied to her messages at that time. So, Nayeon chose to delete the message and not spam their group chat. She knew that only one person would come to see her. So, there was no point to spam their group chat.

Nayeon put her phone on her thigh.  She suddenly remembered the chocolate ice cream she had placed beside her. She turned her gaze to the chocolate ice cream and found a small leaf falling on the ice cream.

Oh no.. a small leaf fell on my ice cream, Nayeon thought.  She then remembered that Momo would 'steal’ and eat her chocolate ice cream.  Wait.. could this be the reason Momo swapped my ice cream for hers?

Nayeon chose not to eat that ice cream and threw it in the trash. She then waited for Momo's arrival. Not long after that, she saw someone running using her power. She realized that it was Momo.  Didn't Momo say she was walking casually that’s why she was late?  So, she lied to me?

When Momo stopped running, Nayeon and Momo made eye contact.  After that, Momo lowered her head and avoided Nayeon's face.  Nayeon then stood up and walked over to Momo.

"I saw you running really fast," Nayeon said when she arrived in front of Momo.

"Sorry.. I overslept," Momo replied. So, she overslept..

"It doesn't matter.  At least you came," Nayeon said with a smile.  Then, Nayeon gave her hand.  "Let's go."

"Eh? You don't want to wait for the others?"

"They definitely won't come. I know it."

"Right, they definitely won't come," Momo replied with a laugh. Momo then grabbed Nayeon's hand and held it tightly.

Nayeon and Momo walked around the park like she had done with Momo. They discussed various things, from school matters to their friends. Nayeon missed these topics of conversation. She missed the times when they didn't think about work and marriage.

In the middle of their trip, Nayeon felt very tired.  Nayeon didn't feel this tired when she walked with Momo before.  Nayeon felt something strange. Is this the side effect of me going back in time?

"You look pale. Are you all right?”  Momo asked while looking at Nayeon and holding Nayeon's hand tightly.

"I think I'm a little tired.  How about we eat at that ramyeon shop now?” Nayeon said while pointing at the ramyeon shop that they would go to.

"Oh, that’s a nice idea. I'm hungry right now," Momo replied.

They left the park and visited the ramyeon shop that Nayeon had pointed at earlier. The ramyeon shop wasn't that crowded like what Nayeon remembered. They then ordered three bowls of ramyeon, two for Momo and one for Nayeon.

"You have to eat a lot. You need a lot of energy for tomorrow's running test."

"Speaking of the test.. are you ready for that?"

Nayeon just remembered that the next day she had to take the test.  Her ability had clearly improved in these past seven years. Would it be cheating if I used my powers tomorrow? Nayeon wondered.

"I think I'm ready," Nayeon said.

"That’s good. I'm honestly still not sure if I will break my previous record," Momo replied.

"Don’t worry about it. The more you think about it, the less confident you become," Nayeon said. It was Momo's words. Nayeon remembered it clearly.

Momo changed the topic of their conversation because she didn't want Nayeon to feel bad about her. Momo also didn't want to imagine what would happen next day.

After they talked for a while, their food finally came. They no longer continued their conversation. They chose to focus on eating their food. Silence fell over them, but that didn't make them awkward. They are used to something like this.

While eating her food, Nayeon occasionally looked at Momo. She was reminded of Momo's confession again. Momo, do you currently have feelings for me? Nayeon wondered.

"Why are you looking like that?"  Momo noticed Nayeon's gaze.

"I just realized that you're cute."  Nayeon spoke her mind. Momo looked surprised to hear that.  Her face suddenly turned red. You really like me, Nayeon thought while smiling.

Nayeon and Momo finished their meal. Then, Nayeon remembered that Momo would take her for a couple bike ride. Therefore, Nayeon asked her first.

“Do you want to ride a couple bike?”  Nayeon asked.

"Woah, you can read my mind?"  Momo asked back.

"Yeah, that's my new ability," Nayeon joked.

"That means I have to be careful," Momo replied then laughed.  “But, are you okay?  You look tired today."

Nayeon realized that her energy was drained a lot since she used her power to go back in time.  Riding a bike was definitely not a good idea for her.

"To be honest, I'm quite tired today," Nayeon answered honestly.

"Then how about we walk along the Han river?"  Momo asked.

"Good idea," Nayeon replied.

They finally decided to walk along the Han river.  Momo held her hand tightly and occasionally looked at her.  Nayeon knew that Momo was worried about her.  Nayeon just realized how much Momo cares for her.

"Tell me if you feel you can't walk anymore," Momo said.

"Yeah, don’t worry," Nayeon replied and smiled.

Nayeon and Momo talked about many things again. To be honest, Nayeon almost knew all of these things because she had heard of them from Momo before. However, she pretended like she was hearing them for the first time.

"I think I'm so tired of walking," Nayeon said.

"You want to go home now?"  Momo asked.  Nayeon then nodded.  "I'll take you home.”

Along the way, Nayeon let Momo talk. She was just listening her while smiling. Nayeon realized how innocent Momo was when she was in high school.  It made her want to protect her.

"It's weird not hearing you say anything, Nayeon," Momo said.

"I love listening to your ramblings," Nayeon replied. That answer made Momo blush.  However, Momo tried to cover it up.  "Who are you? I don’t think you’re Nayeon" Momo said.

Nayeon laughed hearing that. "I'm crazy right now," Nayeon replied. I'm crazy because of you.

"Oh, that’s why," Momo replied then laughed.

After arriving in front of Nayeon's house, Momo said goodbye and left Nayeon. Momo felt something was amiss, but she couldn't figure it out.

The next day, Nayeon took her test. Nayeon's test had two parts like what it did before. The first part was to test how much Nayeon can go back in time and the second part was to test how far Nayeon can go back in time.

“I will turn on the timer for 5 seconds.  After the timer goes off, you have to go back in time.  When you feel like you can't take it anymore, tell me how many times you've gone back in time," Miss Kim explained.

Nayeon planned not to use her power because she still felt so tired.  She felt unable to use her power for some time. Therefore, when Miss Kim the timer, she immediately said that she had returned to the past 9 times as she had in the past.

"Okay then. Next, we're going to test how far you can go back in time.  I'll turn on the timer for 10 minutes.  After this timer goes off, go back in time as far as you can," Miss Kim explained.

"Okay, Miss Kim," Nayeon replied.

Miss Kim gave Nayeon a break for 5 minutes.  After that, she the timer for 10 minutes.  Because the atmosphere would be so awkward if there was no talk, Miss Kim started to talk to Nayeon.

"Have you got a partner for next week's prom?" Miss Kim asked.

"Not yet.. no one asked me to be their partner," Nayeon replied.

"You don't want to ask anyone?" Miss Kim asked again.

Nayeon was silent for a while as she thought about the answer to that question.  Back then, she didn't want to ask anyone to be her prom date. However, now someone appeared in her mind.

"I want to ask someone," Nayeon replied.

"May I know who that person is?" Miss Kim asked

"Momo. I want to ask her to be my prom date.”

"Woah, she'll be glad to hear that."

"Wait.. You know that Momo likes me?"

"You already know that Momo likes you?"

"E-eh.. yes, I already know.." Nayeon lowered her head. She felt shy about that.

Miss Kim smiled hearing that. “Momo clearly likes you. But, I just realized you like her back," Miss Kim said.

Is that really obvious that Momo likes me? Wait.. Do I like Momo? Many questions arose in Nayeon's mind.

Because Nayeon was too busy chatting with Miss Kim, Nayeon forgot to look at Miss Kim's timer.  Nayeon planned to tell Miss Kim that she has gone back in time if the timer shows 5:00. Unfortunately, when Nayeon saw Miss Kim's timer, it showed 04:30. Oh no.. I missed it.

In the end, Nayeon chose to wait until the timer went off then used her powers to go back in time.  When the timer went off, Nayeon took her pen and tried to use her powers to go back in time.

Bang!!

Nayeon fell from her chair.  She suddenly became unconscious. Miss Kim panicked. She immediately picked up Nayeon and took her to the infirmary.  The infirmary officer asked Miss Kim what had happened. However, Miss Kim herself did not know what had happened.

This news reached Nayeon's friends, including Momo. Momo was the first one to visit Nayeon at the Infirmary.  Momo sat next to Nayeon's bed.  She looked at Nayeon's face and held her hand tightly.  She remembered that yesterday Nayeon looked very tired.  She believed that this incident had something to do with it.

When Nayeon came back to her senses, she found Momo sleeping.  Her head was on the bed and her hand was still holding Nayeon's hand.  Nayeon Momo's head while wondering to herself what had happened.

I guess I really can't use my powers for a while.  I can't even get out of bed, Nayeon thought.

Not long after that, Momo woke up and found Nayeon looking at her.  Nayeon tried to smile even though she felt very tired.  That worried Momo.

"Are you sick?"  Momo asked.

"No. I'm just tired," Nayeon replied.

“But, this is very serious. You were unconscious!"  Momo was very worried about Nayeon.  I don't want to tell the truth.

Nayeon took Momo's hand and kissed it.  "Don't worry."

Momo was clearly surprised at that action.  Momo felt something different from Nayeon.  However, she couldn't figure out what had caused it.

"Have you finished your test?"  Nayeon asked.

“Yes, I even broke my previous record!  I finished it in just 0.48 seconds!” Momo answered excitedly.

Nayeon was surprised to hear that because previously Momo couldn't break her own record. Nayeon wondered why this could happen. Whatever the reason, Nayeon was happy to see Momo's success.

"I'm proud of you," Nayeon said then ruffled Momo's hair.  Momo's cheeks turned red and Momo lowered her head.  "You're so cute when you blush."

"Please stop it.  I don't know what happened to you," Momo said.

"You don't need to know," Nayeon replied and laughed.  “By the way, can you take me home?  I guess I'm not strong if I have to walk alone."

"Of course. I want to take you home.”

After that, Momo helped Nayeon to stand up.  Momo saw Nayeon was so weak. She thought that Nayeon would not be able to walk in this state. In the end, she decided to give Nayeon a piggyback ride.

"Hey, you don’t have to do this!" Nayeon said.

"If I don't do this, we'll never get to your house," Momo replied.

Momo gave Nayeon a piggyback ride until they arrived at her house. Momo met with Nayeon's parents and explained what had happened.  After that, Nayeon's parents told Momo to take Nayeon to her room.

Momo put Nayeon slowly on the bed.  When Momo wanted to let go of her grip, Nayeon pulled her.  In the end, Momo sat on Nayeon's bed with Nayeon sitting behind Momo.  Nayeon hugged Momo tightly and leaned her her head on Momo's back.

"Please don't move for a while," Nayeon said.  Momo obeyed Nayeon's words.  "Please don’t leave me." Nayeon hid her face on Momo's back.

"I won't leave you," Momo replied.

"It hurt so much when you left me.  I don't want to lose you again," Nayeon said while hugging Momo tightly. Momo didn't understand what Nayeon was saying.

"Do you want me to have a sleepover at your house?"  Momo asked. She still didn't understand the meaning of Nayeon's words.

"Oh, that's a great idea!"  Nayeon answered then put her chin on Momo's shoulder.  "I miss the time when you had a sleepover at my house."

"Didn't I just have a sleepover a your house a few days ago?"  Momo asked.

"Yeah," Nayeon replied. It's been three years since you last had a sleepover at my house.

"I'm going home to get clothes. I'll be back at seven," Momo said.

Momo went home to get her clothes.  After that, she returned to Nayeon's house. When she arrived at Nayeon's house, her parents invited her to have dinner with them.  Momo was like their own daughter in that house.

After dinner, Nayeon and Momo went to Nayeon's room.  They spend their time talking about random things in Nayeon’s room.  Nayeon was lying on her bed at that time and Momo was sitting on a chair.

"Momo," Nayeon called.

"Yes?  What is it?"  Momo asked.

"Please be my prom date," Nayeon said then covered her face with her pillow.She felt embarrassed for saying that.

"Huh?!"  Momo was clearly shocked to hear that.  "Did I hear it wrong?"

"No, you didn't hear it wrong.  I want to be your prom date. Don't you want it?"

Momo was too stunned.  Momo couldn't put the words together well because of that.  "You... are you sure?  I mean with me?  Is this real?  Are you kidding?"

Nayeon was laughing so hard after seeing that. She had never seen Momo panicking like that. "I'm serious. It’s better than be alone at the prom, right?" Nayeon said.

"Yeah, you're right," Momo replied.

"Come here," Nayeon said, patting her bed.  "Let's sleep."

Momo climbed onto Nayeon's bed. She then lay down next to Nayeon.  Nayeon suddenly hugged Momo and hid her face on Momo’s chest.  Nayeon could hear Momo's heartbeat. Momo's heart was beating so fast. Hers was also beating so fast. Did you notice that? This is crazy. I think I have been falling in love with you.

The next day, Miss Kim suddenly came to Nayeon's house. Miss Kim wanted to discuss something with Nayeon. Therefore, she went to see Nayeon.

When Miss Kim came, Nayeon and Momo were still sleeping.  Nayeon's mother woke Nayeon up in the end.  Nayeon then met Miss Kim in the living room.

"Good morning, Miss Kim," Nayeon said.

"Oh, good morning, Nayeon. Please have a sit.  There's something I want to talk to you about," Miss Kim replied.

Nayeon sat according to Miss Kim's request.  Nayeon wondered what made Miss Kim come to see her.  Is it because Miss Kim is worried about Nayeon's condition? Or did Miss Kim want to talk about yesterday's test?

"I noticed there was something odd about your test yesterday," Miss Kim said

"Yes, I was so tired yesterday," Nayeon replied

"Not only that.  When you said that you had gone back in time 9 times, I knew it was a lie but at the same time I knew you were telling the truth," Miss Kim added. Nayeon panicked after hearing that. “Please tell me the truth, Nayeon.”

Nayeon looked around her.  She didn't want her parents to hear this conversation. She didn't want her parents to know that she had returned to the past.

“I went back in time.. I went back to seven years ago. That's why I was so tired," Nayeon replied.

Miss Kim was silent for a moment after hearing that. "May I know why you went back in time?"

Nayeon smiled before replying, "Because I don't want to lose Momo."

Miss Kim didn't ask further. She knew that it was Nayeon's privacy.  Hence, she chose to finish their conversation.

"I won’t say this to anyone.  And you don't have to worry about your test," Miss Kim said with a smile.

“Thank you very much, Miss Kim!”

After the conversation, Miss Kim left Nayeon's house and Nayeon returned to her room. She found Momo playing with her cellphone on the bed.

"Are you done talking to Miss Kim?"  Momo asked.

"Yeah, she asked about my condition," Nayeon lied.

"As expected," Momo replied.

After that day, Nayeon became more and more sure of her feelings.  She planned to confess her feelings on the prom day.  She was so nervous every time she imagined how she would confess her feelings to Momo. So, this is how Momo felt.  Ah, I'm going crazy!

Prom day finally arrived. Nayeon was sitting in her living room at that time.  She waited for Momo to pick her up. Her heart was beating so fast while waiting for Momo's arrival. She never imagined that she would attend that prom again. This time she was Momo's prom date.

Ding dong!

Nayeon's doorbell rang. Nayeon immediately opened the door and found Momo standing in front of her house.  Even though Nayeon had seen Momo was wearing that dress, she was still fascinated to see Momo wearing it.

"You're so beautiful," Nayeon complimented Momo.  Momo lowered her head and avoided Nayeon's gaze.  Nayeon made Momo blush again.

"You too..." Momo said in a small voice. Then, Momo gave her hand to Nayeon and said, "Let's go."

They went together to the prom.  Even though Nayeon had been to the prom before, Nayeon had a completely different experience.  All of this because of Momo.

Nayeon and Momo spent time together during their prom. Their friends also spend their time with their respective partners.  Nayeon was happy because this time she didn't go through this prom alone.

"Nayeon, do you wanna dance with me?"  Momo asked.

"Of course!  I've been waiting for you to ask this," Nayeon replied.

Momo pulled Nayeon to the dance floor.  She then led Nayeon in dancing.  Momo held Nayeon gently like she had done before.  This reminded Nayeon of the first time her heart was beating fast because of Momo.

"Do you think it's weird if one day I have feelings for you?"  Nayeon suddenly asked.

"Yes, it's weird. And if you do, I would die," Momo replied.

"Why would you die?" Nayeon asked then laughed.

"Can we talk about this in somewhere private?" Momo asked back.

"Sure," Nayeon said.

Momo took Nayeon out of the building and asked her to sit on a bench not far from that building.  Momo looked uneasy as she sat next to Nayeon.  It made Nayeon wonder what was wrong.

“So, are you going to tell me the reason?”  Nayeon asked.

"Before I tell you, I want you to be honest with me," Momo replied.

"About what?" Nayeon confused.

“About what will happen to me in the future?”  The question made Nayeon realize that Momo was overhearing her conversation with Miss Kim.  "I'm sorry for overhearing your conversation."

"Nothing. You'll be fine," Nayeon replied.

“Then, what do you mean you lost me?”

“Before I answer that, I also want you to be honest.  Do you have feelings for me?”

"Huh?!" Momo was surprised to hear the question. Momo wasn't ready to answer that question. "What are you talking about?"

"I know you have feelings for me."

"Why do you come to such a conclusion?"

“Future Momo said it to me. Could it be that she lied to me?”

Momo was silent for a moment because she was still mustering up the courage to confess her feelings. "She didn’t lie. I do have feelings for you," Momo said while looking at Nayeon.

“Future Momo also said that she had feelings for me.  But after that, she left me and told me to forget her.  Do you know how painful it is?"  Nayeon said while caressing Momo's cheek. “I went back to this time so I can fix my mistake, which is not realizing your feelings.”

"Now that you know about my feelings, then what?" Momo asked.

"After I realized your feelings, I also realized my feelings for you," Nayeon replied then held Momo's cheeks and rested her forehead on Momo's forehead.  “I just realized that I can also see you in a romantic way.”

“Then, do you have feelings for me?” Momo asked.

"Yes, I do. So, can I kiss you now?”  Nayeon asked while staring at Momo's lips. Momo didn't say anything for a while. It seemed she was preparing herself.

"Please kiss me," Momo replied.

Then, their lips met each other. Momo had been waiting this kiss for a long time. That kiss was so soft and warm. Nayeon noticed that Momo was nervous. Nayeon knew that it was Momo's first kiss. So, she held both of Momo's hands to reassure Momo that everything was fine.

After the kiss ended, Momo couldn't look at Nayeon's face.  Her face was so red. This made Nayeon laugh out loud.  Damn, you're so cute. I wanna hold you.

“I want to drink soju to celebrate this.  But, I just remembered that we are still underage," Nayeon said then laughed.

"We can drink soju at my house if you want," Momo replied.

"You've been drinking soju at this age?  Wow, I just know it.”

"It seems that future Momo is still keeping a lot of secrets."

Nayeon was surprised to hear that. After so many years of being her friend, there were still so much things she didn't know about Momo? “What else do you hide from me?” Nayeon asked while glaring at Momo.

"You wanna know? Then be my girlfriend."