DEVELOPMENT — 1

The Lucky One

Ning Yizhou, or Ningning as she likes to call herself is sitting outside the audition hall. She is auditioning for a commercial for a famous shampoo. She was from a small town back home, but for her dream, she chose to live in a big city without actually knowing anyone. 

"Ning Yizhou?" A staff called. Tumayo si Ningning sa upuan nya at ngumiti. This is her chance to be famous. 

"Introduce yourself." Sabi ng Director ng commercial. May tatlong tao na naakaupo sa harapan nya, watching her. 

"Good morning! I am Ning Yizhou!" She cheerfully introduced. 

"Look at the camera and smile. You can pose too," a girl with long blonde hair said and smiled. She kind of reminds Ningning of a bear. And if she remembers correctly, that woman is a renowned Director. Very famous too. 

Ningning grinned in front of the cameras and pose. She showed her hair elegantly and confidently. Maraming nagsasabi na she will hit it big. And she believed them. She was the star of their small town. She knew being in a big city with so many people with the same dream is hard, but she is a star.

"Not bad!" The guy in the middle complimented. 

"Yeah, not bad. But you are too cheery," napataas ng kilay si Yizhou sa sinabi ng isang Director. 

"What about me being too cheery?" She asked. This is for a commercial, she needs to be cheery.

"It's not suitable for the concept." The writer shrugged. 

"With all due respect, Sir, I can act however you like me to act. Pero I chose to stick with the concept we have, hindi ba lahat naman dapat cheerful if their hair does not look like ?" Before she can utter another word, the guards are dragging her out. She rolled her eyes. She might overreact inside that room, pero alam naman nyang tama sya. Maybe, this attitude of hers is what is keeping her from stardom. 

Pinagpag ni Ningning ang damit nya bago naglaakad papunta sa bar na palagi nyng tinatambayan. She heard that many Producers and Directors love to drink there. Kung hindi sya papalarin sa mga auditions, maybe someone will recruit her in an agency and give her acting jobs. 

"You are here again?" The bartender, a guy named Chenle asked. 

"Nandito ka rin naman ulit, pero hindi ko tinanong." Ningning said sassily.

"Yes, because I work here?" 

"Just get me a scotch, Chenle," Ningning said and roam the place with her eyes. She is trying to spot a Producer or Director, but she saw nothing. Maybe tonight is not her night.

"Wala pa bang dumadating na mga Producer? Kahit Screenwriter?" She asked. Chenle is drying the glasses with a cloth and shrugged.

"How would I know? Hindi ko naman alam lahat ng trabaho ng mga tao na pumapasok dito,"  he answered. Ningning and him are always bantering. Annoying each other. 

"You uncultured swine!" Ningning gasped. She even put a hand on .

"Manahimik ka nga, Ningning!" Naaasar na sabi ni Chenle at lumipat ng pwesto. The girl smirked and drank her scotch. 

"Ning Yizhou," napatingin si Ningning sa gilid at nakita ang nag-iisang babae kanina sa Audition nya. She stood up and bowed to show respect. 

"I'm Kang Seulgi, but you might know me as Irene's wife," Ningning tilted her head but shook Seulgi's hand.

"I know you as Director Kang, not a famous actress' wife," sabi nito. It's not about buttering Seulgi up and getting on her good side. Ningning does not lie. She was born that way. She knew the Director from her works, not because she has a famous wife. '

"No offense. Irene Bae is a great actress," paghabol ni Ningning at ngumiti. 

"It's an honor," nakangising sabi ni Seulgi. She ordered a beer before gesturing to the chair beside Ningning's. The latter smiled and nodded her head. Is this her night? 

"You know, every new actress tends to be a people-pleaser. They are too easy to manipulate, if I am being honest," Seulgi suddenly said. Ningning grimaced. She wants to act like someone else as a job, why would she ever bring it in person?

"If you are here to manipulate me to say that I was sorry, then I guess you are not as great as I think you were," nakataas na kilay na sabi ni Ningning. Seulgi laughed and shook her head.

"No! God, no! I was here to offer you a job!" Ningning relaxed. An acting job?

"An acting job? Hindi ako papatol sa may asawa, Direk." She said. Seulgi raised a brow. 

"Are you implying that I am asking you for a ual favor?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Seulgi. 

"Hindi po ba?" The younger girl asked. 

"Not at all! I am faithful to my beloved wife, Yizhou. I am here to offer you a role," Ningning blushed. She just embarrassed herself in front of her future employer. 

"I-I am sorry po," she stuttered. She bowed her head slightly in shame and chuckled nervously. 

"Hey, that's okay. It's pretty normal for me, though, it is the first time someone turned down my supposedly "ual favor," Seulgi quoted and chuckled. 

"Very sorry again, Direk."

"Here is my number. Call me when you're sober enough to talk about the contract. Hinahanap na rin siguro ako ng asawa ko!" Seulgi stood up and left. Ningning looked at her hand and smiled.

Her acting career is starting. And she is scouted by the famous Director.