MEET YOUR TOWN。

하은의 집 ― a family diner au。「 coming soon! 」
plotline

haeun's house

family diner

welcome to haeun's house, a family diner run by hwang dohoon and his chaotic bunch of employees. it's located right between a flower shop and a bookstore! the diner is open 7 days a week from 9 am - 3 pm and 5 pm - 11 pm. on the weekends, the store hours are extended until 3 am for those who are craving a late night bite. haeun's house specializes in korean comfort food but the menu is always ever expanding so you can be sure you'll find something that satisfies your cravings! come on in and join the family!

hwang dohoon

owner

main cast member

age : 32

uality : heteroual

fc : woo dohwan

 

about him : sarcastic, tough. his staff somehow manages to respect him and not take him seriously at the same time. loves money. will flirt for kicks. a grumpy old man with crude humor. secretly everyone's father figure. will care for you behind your back. tell anyone and you die.

 

dohoon got married at age 27 to the love of his life, hwang jinhee. she was his whole world and as the two were expecting their first child, he couldn't wait to have his own family — until a freak car accident took both his wife and future child away from him. after that, he completely lost himself and it was like all life had left his eyes. he was barely trudging through life until he stumbled upon some of his late wife's old belongings and remembered how it had been her dream to open up a restaurant, or a safe space for others, and he decided that the last thing he would do would be to fulfill her wishes.

 

if you looked at him now, you wouldn't even imagine he had such a past. if anything, he's just known as the grumpy old owner who bickers with his employees and threatens people with green onions waving around in his hands. it's easy to be intimidated if you don't know him but all his employees and regulars know that he's all bark and no bite. he's like the chaotic uncle you never had and although he'll never admit it, he's starting to find a second family through this diner. 

 

quotes

– "when the cops aren't around, everything's legal!"

– "free is my favorite number"

– "that sounds like a YOU problem"

– "you know, if i could hire new staff, i'd pick someone less sarcastic"

– "never speak of this hug to anyone"

– "i'd fire all of you if i could"

– "i know i'm not your dad or anything but there's one last song left. you coming?"

plotline
plotline

byun jonghyeob

employee

recurring cast member

age : 22

uality : biual

fc : choi beomgyu

 

about him : reliable, outgoing, clumsy, eager, playful, chaotic. sunshine on earth. you can hear his laugh a mile away. you'll never be bored with him around. loves adventure but is also a coward. who tf could hate him?? ?? 

 

it's hard not to be friends with jonghyeob, especially when the boy goes out of his way to befriend almost anyone he runs into. he can somehow manage to find the joy in any situation and is just as encouraging and kind as he is playful. if you're having a bad day and need a pick me up, he's usually a great guy to go to for a fun distraction. he's the kind of guy you would look at and think "there's no way he has anything bad going on in his life" because of how consistently positive and bright he is.

 

the thing is, he's not very vulnerable or open about things that hurt him or just situations that can seem a bit heavy in general. he dropped out of college after a semester due to financial problems and took on whatever jobs he could to help his mother. due to their lack of money, he was constantly moving around, having been kicked out of several places for being behind on rent and it prevented him from making deep relationships with people. now that he has a proper job and is taken care of by dohoon, he's finally in a place where he can build stronger bonds, knowing they won't be taken away from him any time soon. as he makes more friends, he can't help but feel like he's finally living the childhood he never had.

 

quotes

– *screaming laughter that lasts for five straight minutes*

– "aaaaand now i'm starting to think that i didn't think things through"

– "hey guys" "noTHING!!" *hides the mess he made"

– "anything's food if you try hard enough"

– "aaaa that was a great try! you're doing an amazing job!!"

shin jaehee

employee

main cast member

age : 25

uality : gay

fc : kim doyoung

 

about him : seems quiet and shy, can be blunt and savage without batting an eye, simultaneously soft and unhinged. honestly a sensitive soul who's just lost in life. introverted and is usually tired and done with everyone's . always ready to throw hands. cowers away if there's actual conflict though. king of talking. just wants to be loved.

 

his information will be written on an actual app since this is my official oc for the story!! 

 

quotes

– "move, i'm gay."

– "everyone shut. the up. before i lose it."

– "i want a kiss. gimme a kiss."

– "hey don't talk about my mans like that."

– " wtf"

– "how are you guys talking about feelings while sober?"

– "i just .. want someone to stay."

plotline
plotline

nam yuri

high schooler

recurring cast member

age : 17

uality : aroace

fc : ahn yujin

 

about her : tough, defender of women, does not have time for your ist and mysogynistic , argues with adults a lot bc they're stupid, always down to fight, struggles with the idea that she'll be alone forever because she desires deep platonic intimacy but the world seems to be caught up in chasing romance and she can't help but fear that she'll never have the intimacy she craves in her life, lives with her dad and her brother, she would die for both of them but is sometimes tired of being the caretaker.

 

quotes

– "sUP LOSERS"

– "high school . everyone's depressed or angry or falling in love with the wrong people."

– "can you add me back into the group chat? i need to say something a little petty"

– "we're young! life is short! let's go up!! ! ! !"

– "i feel like you're trying to tell me what to do so i'm gonna do the opposite"

– "i'm just .. i'm not normal .. why can't i be like everyone else?"

choi shinwoo 

police officer

recurring cast member

age : 27

uality : heteroflexible

fc : lee dohyun

 

about him : bashful, soft hearted, soft spoken, sOFT IN GENERAL, A BIG OL SOFTIE, firm believer in justice and helping others, looks like you could walk all over him but he won't back down when it's necessary, mainly patrols the neighborhood at night, usually ends up bailing our main cast out whenever they get caught up in , dohoon owes him a lot of free meals for that, grew up in an abusive household with his younger sister, studied hard to become a police officer to help others like him when no one seemed to lend a hand when he reached out. 

 

quotes

– "dohoon .. i don't mean to alarm you but your um your kids are at the station .. again .."

– "good evening, ma'am!"

– "it's not safe to be out this late! may i walk you home?"

– *gets scared easily*

– "i just wanted to help make the world a better place .."

plotline
plotline

family diner

author's note

i will probably come back to add some important places or other characters once i think of them but for right now, these are three of the main cast so please feel free to incorporate them in your apps or build an oc around them! i'll post the cheatsheet when i can but who knows when it'll actually be up because i'm getting a lot busier these days rip ... however, i really want to write some wholesome family goodness so i do plan on sticking it out!

 

6/10 : you can see how lazy i got with the chara descriptions for yuri and shinwoo lmao