I’ve Heard Of It

I’ve Heard Of It

Baekhyun didn't expect to run into someone in his usual hiding spot, if you could even call it that. Especially when he thought he had been the only one left in the building. 

So when he went to the small office he usually went to he at first didn't notice someone else was there too. 

 

It wasn't a surprise that he got scared when he closed the door and turned around only to get met with a pair of other eyes. 

 

He let out a small scream and gathered the courage to ask the question, "Who are you? And why are you still in the office at this time?"

 

"I could ask you the same thing", the other said. 

That reminded Baekhyun that it was almost time for the building to get closed up if he didn't stop the guard like he usually would. He had taken it upon himself to lock the doors himself. 

 

That's when they both heard the click of the door lock. Just their luck that all rooms were soundproof. 

V

"Oh no", Baekhyun groaned. 

 

"What?" The stranger questioned. 

 

Baekhyun looked at him, "The door just got locked and I'm stuck with a weirdo who seems to like working in the dark."

 

"Well, seems like I'm not the only one.  What are you even doing here in the first place?"

 

Baekhyun pointed behind him, "I was just working overtime and came here to take a break. What are you doing here?"

 

"I work here", he answered. 

 

"Well obviously, otherwise you wouldn't be here", Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 

 

"No literally, this is my office", that made Baekhyun shut up. "Since when?" He asked. 

 

"It's been a few months already."

 

"How come I've never even seen you here before?" Now he was confused. 

 

"How would I know? I don't know why you aren't very observant, Byun Baekhyun."

 

"You know my name?! Are you a stalker or something?"

 

"Are you being serious right now? No, remember I work here. It would be logical to know everyone's name, or most of them."

 

"But I don't know yours. Mind to share it?" Baekhyun smiled slightly. 

 

"Park Chanyeol", the other leaned back. 

 

"Oh, I know that name", then the realization hit him that he was the guy his friend, Jongdae, had been rambling about all month. Basically telling him that he could feel he and Baekhyun could get along and about how much Chanyeol looked like Baekhyun's type. "Wait! You're Park Chanyeol?!"

 

"Yes, that's me."

 

Baekhyun laughed nervously and sat down on the small couch at the side of the office room. "So, how about we start over? Hello, I'm Baekhyun. It's nice to meet you", he showed his best smile. 

 

"Do you really think the situation we're in is going to leave a good impression?" Baekhyun just kept looking at him waitingly, "Okay, fine. I'm Park Chanyeol, it would've been nice to meet you under different circumstances."

 

"Why are you so serious?"

 

"It's not every day you get locked in a room with someone."

 

"That's true", he agreed, "If we're going to be here the whole night, you might as well come sit next to me."

 

"No thanks, I'm good", he tilted his chair so that he could lay down but the chair toppled over. 

 

Baekhyun wasn't able to hold his laughter and slapped his hand on his mouth and laughed loudly, "That's amazing!"

 

Chanyeol got up and tried to act like nothing happened but it seemed like the world wasn't on his side as the chair now wouldn't go back to the standard position. 

 

"Oops, it looks like you have to sit on the couch with me if you want to be able to sit", Baekhyun said, still smiling. 

 

Chanyeol finally gave in and took a seat next to Baekhyun. 

 

"See, much better", Baekhyun said, "If you don't mind, I will try to sleep now."

 

Apparently Baekhyun was more tired than he thought because within a few minutes he fell asleep on the couch. That resulted in his head dropping onto Chanyeol's shoulder. 

 

"You know, you don't have to act as tough as you always do", Chanyeol said quietly. 

 

A few minutes later Chanyeol drifted off too after admiring Baekhyun for a while. 

 

 

The next day Jongdae found the two of them cuddling while they were sleeping on the couch. This was surely going to be the talking point of the week. Who knows, maybe even longer if things go differently.