[TW] Guard You

Enchanted

"Unnie!" Soeun calls Soojin brightly. "Promise me you won't forget me," She holds out her right pinky to the older, eyes wide and expecting, and patient. Soeun was always patient.

It reminds Soojin of when they were younger. When Soeun was still a first year, Soojin helped her locate her classroom even though she wasn't her house's perfect. Soojin wasn't even in the same house as her. Later, she'll find the elder again in the library and get help for a book she needed. She'll also ask her to be her tutor and practice spells with her until she perfected all of them. Since then, she's stuck close to Soojin, looking for her everywhere she goes. And when she became a fourth year, she'd still follow Soojin around like a little duckling to the creature they imprinted on. That even if Soojin tried to shoo Soeun away, telling her to stop liking her, she just comes back again, ready to accompany the older wherever she goes. 

Soeun eventually developed a habit of walking just slightly behind Soojin. Of course, even the one observant of her surroundings, she notices it and asks the younger about it. 'Just because' she says then giggles. Soojin frowned, not getting her answer nor what she was laughing about. 'I just... so i could see you and the path we're taking.'

She still didn't get what Soeun meant then, but now she does, not wanting to take off of her the entire time the place was crumbling down. Soojin won't admit it outloud that she's gotten used to the other's prescence beside her. So it pains her that everything has led up to this point. 

Soojin hooks her right pinky with Soeun's, one of her many childish antics that Soojin doesn't understand but follows. If this were to be the last. 

"I... I promise," She says weakly, enough for the younger to hear. 

Soeun beams, eyes going into crescents, cheeks round and high despite her current condition. It was a sight amid the scratches on her face and her messy hair from the fight. Strain and fatigue was evident in her face, she was already tired but she was still smiling. Why are you hiding it? 

Soojin lets go and stands back a few steps away as Soeun remains seated on the faded green sofa of the office, bloody left hand clutching her stomach. It was a miracle to get the both of them alive inside. Ensuring Soeun's safety was her number one priority then and now. As she points her wand towards the younger, tears she's been holding back roll down her cheeks, slowly, hotly, retracing their path from a few hours ago. Soojin tries to blink them away but only wills them more. And it's so much, it's stinging and it's making it hard for her to keep her eyes open. The tears blur out her surroundings and they blur out Soeun in front of her. 

Maybe this was better, so she doesn't have to see Soeun smile. So she wouldn't have to see the pain in Soeun's eyes knowing what was about to happen. Because if she does, she wouldn't be able to do it. 

This is the only way to protect her. 

Shakily, in a volume above a whisper, 

You'll always be worth remembring. 

"Obliviate"