fin

Starky & Narkissa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a world where despite not having the typical superpower genes and driven in technology alone, everything has come to a point where anyone can be a Hero or a Villain. 

 

Heroes — Paid government allies, saves the day, gets to wear something flashy, works 24/7 with no overtime pay and frustrated techy lawyers (mostly) who wanted to level up their fight for justice. 

 

Villains — personal issues or they just hate the government, wants to ruin everyone's day, has quarterly meeting with other villains (cause why not? They needed to form alliance too), really complex-minded individuals who only cared for their own needs. 

 

Only geniuses can pull off both roles.

 

Kim Dahyun and Im Nayeon differed however. 

 

Kim Dahyun a.k.a Starky (Star Kim) was a simpleton, not-so-well-known and really straight forward with her work. Unlike other heroes who depended on their gadgets—Dahyun used words as weapons. Her reasoning and logic would usually anger the Villains which would often be a result of a failed mission and that is why Kim Dahyun is a regular in the government's disciplinary sector.

 

Im Nayeon a.k.a Narkissa on the other hand is infamous for her inventions—all made to overthrow tax evaders and their ty government. Though that doesn't mean she's not vicious—she is. Currently, she's the top villain with highest hospital bills named after her due to the fact that she always leave her victims alive but severely tortured. 

 

Nayeon had fought a lot of Heroes before and she would always—always outsmart them. Except for a certain small (literally) Hero who has this weird ability to get into her nerves and make her infuriated thus leaving most of her recent works half-assed and incomplete. 

 

Neither side won.

 

It's either Nayeon completely fails and get Dahyun into trouble with her superiors or Nayeon would succeed in her plans but would fail in getting rid of the little Hero. 

 

Just like for this instance where Nayeon was able to bomb a small bank outside the city (for a change and also hoping it'd be far of Dahyun's reach because the little Hero became quite a nuisance to her ever since she was assigned to capture her). 

 

After detonating the bomb, Nayeon tugged the rope attached to her chopper, signalling them that it's time for her to ascend and leave the place before Dahyun can get to the scene.

 

Well that's what she thought because apparently destiny had some stupid plans for her when someone jumped, literally jumped on her while she's hanging in mid-air.

 

"What the—" 

 

Nayeon looked down to see a civilian leeching unto her leg, hanging for her dear life. 

 

It was a brave civilian. 

 

What kind of fool would do this? 

 

A wanna-be Hero? 

 

Nayeon had no business with civilians unless they're her target. She doesn't want her work to be messy that's why as much as possible, she wouldnt want unecessary elements getting mixed into her plans. 

 

"Are you out of your mind! Get off of me this instance!" She commanded, trying to shake the civilian off while the ground is still not that far  

 

"No! It's already too high!" 

 

Nayeon looked down to see that she was right. It was indeed to high but that's not Nayeon's concern right now! The voice, it was familiar and she couldn't miss it in the whole world. 

 

"Stupid Kim?!" 

 

It was of course none other than her most hated Hero. 

 

"I told you it's Starky (StarKim)! Not Stupid Kim!" The Little Hero yelled back. 

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes as she felt her blood boiling. The chopper is already moving towards their next destination while the two are still pretty much in mid-air. Nayeon didn't have any problems with it however, after getting to know the little hero over time, she came to observe how Dahyun hated heights in general. 

 

"What the hell are you doing here! Let go of me now or I'll shoot you!" Nayeon knew Dahyun had her fair share of gadgets and that she has a bubble technology made to fend off rapid fires. 

 

Nayeon was indirectly suggesting for her to do that. 

 

But life had other plans for her still.

 

Dahyun shook her head and held on to her tighter, "Can't! I'm on vacation and I don't have my gadgets with me!"  

 

Nayeon's jaw dropped. How can a hero be so irresponsible and careless! Shouldn't they still be prepared even in vacations?! What kind of er is fate playing with her right now. 

 

"Then what do you want me to do! You're the one who jumped unto me. I could really kill you right now!" 

 

Nayeon didn't want to because as much as she's a villain, she doesn't want to take lives of others. She's just there to make it harder not end it and pushing Dahyun off would really be the end of the little Hero. 

 

"You have to take me back to Seoul! It's your fault I'm late for my cousin's birthday party!" 

 

That surprised Nayeon even more. Dahyun was definitely out of her mind right now. 

 

"Are you hearing yourself?! That's clearly a bait! You'd turn me to the police the moment we reach the—h-hey! Watch where you're holding me!" 

 

Nayeon's face flushed in a pinkish hue when Dahyun pulled herself up by wrapping her arm tightly around Nayeon's waist while the other is right around her hip. 

 

"It's not a bait I swear! I saw you wondering here earlier so I already evacuated the bank and the only casualty you did is destroy it. There are no living beings involved so it's not my job! It's Sector 3's problem!" 

 

And as if she wasn't angry enough, her wick got lightened when she heard how her plan semi-failed. 

 

"What?!" 

 

Nayeon was pissed. She spent two whole days developing a device that would specifically target her prey's car the moment it detonates and Dahyun just casually ruined that for her. 

 

Now, the latter is using her to reach Seoul in less than an hour. What could be more infuriating than that? 

 

"Get off of me!" Nayeon yelled and started shaking her off. 

 

Nayeon didn't have much choice but to use her spare parashoot on her just so she can escape her. God knows what Nayeon would do with how mad she is right now.

 

But Dahyun was stubborn. Climbed even higher till her head hits Nayeon's armpit, the arm Nayeon used to hold unto the rope, while Dahyun's arms hugged her waist. 

 

They're both getting heavy too. 

 

"I don't want to! As I've said, it's your obligation to send me to Seoul! Traffic will surely arise after what you did so it's the least you can do for me!" 

 

Nayeon gritted her teeth as she attached the pin on Dahyun's collar, she was about to push it for a parashoot to morph but Dahyun looked up at her. 

 

"How is that my obligation you stupid son of a —"

 

Nayeon's tongue just froze when Dahyun turned to her: Jet black hair flying with the wind, monolid eyes with sharp feature, a cute face that could cure any bad omen and most of all that stupid (Nayeon found it alluring) way of looking at her. 

 

Almost 2 years of fighting and Nayeon never saw the person behind the mask. Nayeon didn't care. She's just doing her job as a villain and Dahyun is doing hers too that's why aside from that, Nayeon had no clue what she looked like. 

 

Now she do and oh boy was she insanely attractive. 

 

"No! You need to take me there. You have to! I don't think I can jump right now. I hated heights! If I die, I'll haunt you in your sleep and in anything you do! That's an oath." Dahyun threatened but not that it took effect on her. 

 

What took effect on her was when how Dahyun hugged her tighter, hiding her head under her arm and near her chest. 

 

Nayeon's blood rose up and this time for a different reason.

 

"Arghhh!" 

 

Nayeon groaned in frustration before she completely pulled them up to send Dahyun back to Seoul. 

 

Great. Just ing great. Nayeon had no choice but to oblige and only because Starky's features caught her off guard. This will be the first and last time. Next time...she should just continue using the underground express. 

 

Thankfully they were busy checking if the bank still had its treasure that's why no one was able to make a fuss about their little moment up in the air.

 

No one aside from her allied villains got it. 

 

"Man you should've just kicked her. That is so hilarious!" 

 

Yoo Jeongyeon—well known arsonist who likes to burn the elites' properties. 

 

"Unlike us, she was vowed not to kill anyone. The moment she kills one, she'd have the entire North and South Korea army up in her ." 

 

Chou Tzuyu—a young underground mafia leader who supports the Villain Society. 

 

"Pfft. That's what she gets from stealing the center spotlight." 

 

Hirai Momo—A master in stealing stuff and bargaining. 

 

"My, my, my. It's our break and yet we are still stressing ourselves over here. Can we not?" Another voice stated followed by a sigh. 

 

Minatozaki Sana—a master of disguise, body count higher than that of Burj Khalifa, preferably old disgusting erted men. 

 

P.S. the gruesome type of 'body count'

 

Nayeon sighed and massaged her scalp before taking a sip on her martini, something she enjoys recently.

 

"Fine. What do you want to talk about?" 

 

Minatozaki Sana pulled her sweet smile before she showed them a peculiar gadget with a palm imprint on it. 

 

Before any of them can even ask, Sana proceeds to explain her little toy.

 

"A demo invention I got from the Police Department. I heard it's going to prove if someone is really telling the truth or not. I made Momo steal it because I find it interesting as a toy so tadaah!" 

 

Villain's Society where everything is ruthless that even simple games can get really extreme. 

 

"Pshh just that? I doubt it's going to be that painful." Jeongyeon grabbed the device and boldly placed her hand on it. 

 

"Shoot!" 

 

Sana smirked and leaned forward, "You're having frequent urges to take me home."

 

"Ha. Dream on." 

 

The device started to subtly shake and stopped with a light 'ting!' which made Jeongyeon smile and Sana click her tongue. 

 

"Fine. You broke into Momo's apartment and replaced her plants with fake ones." 

 

Jeongyeon stiffled a laugh, "Nah that's way too—agh!" 

 

Jeongyeon—the one with high pain tolerance just yelled like that and she hasn't even finished her sentence yet. 

 

Momo gasped at this, "Oh my gosh you pyrofreak! I still water those daily!" 

 

Tzuyu grinned in amusement and pulled the device while Jeongyeon is getting an earful from the Phantom Thief girl. 

 

"Interesting indeed. The police could achieve a huge milestone with this and that's a big no from me." 

 

Of course as an underground Mafia, Tzuyu prefers to have her business hidden from above and if it leaks—continues to leak— then it's going to be a problem. 

 

"I know right?" Sana concured as she blew on her nail. 

 

"The probability of its truth is unethical. One can't judge with just the rate of its heart. Imagine someone with a natural fast heartbeat, they'd be guilty all the time." Nayeon commented which made Momo roll her eyes.

 

"Yeah of course we forgot not all people can control their heartbeat like you do." Momo bitterly pointed out. 

 

Referencing to that one time when the both of them went out to cause havoc and only Nayeon got out of the building unscathed just because they couldn't detect her heartbeat. 

 

"You needed more training Hirai. You just wouldn't listen." 

 

It was Jeongyeon's turn to challenge her, "Well if you're so confident then why not try it?" 

 

Nayeon sighed and placed her palms on top of it without much hesitation. Jeongyeon is right, she is confident and she would prove that over and over again. 

 

"Give me a hard one." 

 

Sana squealed and started to engage her in a fast talk.

 

"You dated a governor once!" 

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes, "False. I dumped him. Next."

 

"It's not that there's anything she'd lie of." Tzuyu interjected with a chuckle.

 

"You hated Sana before." 

 

"I don't." 

 

"Pfft yeah that's definitely a lie."

 

However it wasn't when nothing happened after she said that and it made Sana pout.

 

"Awww really? I thought you didn't like me before!" 

 

"Dislike and hate are two different things Sana. Pelase construct your claims properly." 

 

Momo laughed out loud. Nayeon did not like Sana but wasn't enough to raise it into a hate level. Either way it was funny because no one really expected it. 

 

"Fine. You went out on a date with Tzuyu here!" 

 

Nayeon raised her hands and martini, "I didn't." 

 

"You dreamt of becoming a businesswoman." 

 

"True."

 

"Did you hid your safe in Jeju?" 

 

Nayeon her lips and glared at Momo, "Yes." 

 

Momo pumped a fist and was about to celebrate when Nayeon snickered.

 

"See? This is fake. I was lying when I said yes and definitely lied to some of the questions prior. How can you even trust this?" 

 

Tzuyu clicked her tongue, "It just doesn't work on you but that doesn't mean everyone is the same." 

 

Nayeon hummed in satisfaction, "Hmm yeah you're right." 

 

"Damn it. I don't have anymore tea to confirm." Sana huffed. 

 

"Oh look at the news! Starky is trending." 

 

Upon the mention of her name, Nayeon flicked an eyebrow and glanced at Momo's phone. Nayeon, although an inventor, didn't really like to mingle with social media. Only Momo and Sana bring her that kind of news.

 

"Starky seen with Prime Minister, Park Jihyo on a stroll in Busan. Ooooh it seems like the two are finally hitting it off." 

 

Anything related to Starky makes her blood boil so it wasn't new to them for her to react this way.

 

"She's still wearing her hero suit? What a show off."

 

For them, it wasn't new and they would just laugh at her rivalry with Starky but what Nayeon said made them wonder. 

 

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen Starky without her suit off nor can I trace her background. She's kind of a mystery ain't she?" 

 

Everyone nodded at that while Nayeon just rolled her eyes.

 

"Don't bother. She's not even that attractive underneath." 

 

"Or maybe you just hate—"

 

"Aghhh !" 

 

Everyone in the room fell in silence before they rapidly blinked their eyes if it indeed happened. 

 

"You guys saw it right?"

 

They nodded and pierced their gazes to Nayeon who's holding her poor, electrocuted right hand. 

 

"God, am I seeing this right?!"

 

"The tea!" 

 

"Busted." 

 

Nayeon internally curse. Not only did Starky continuously ruins her life on screen but also behind it. 

 

"As I've told you, this device is fake." She reasoned.

 

Jeongyeon snorted, "Yeah right. You're definitely telling a lie."

 

"Jeong's right and even if the device is fake. May we just ask why your heart rate spiked?" 

 

Damn it Tzuyu. The girl was clever for using her own words against her. 

 

With the silence she's giving, it gave Sana the floor to squeal so loud. 

 

"So you really did see her! Is she really that pretty? Oh my gosh if you don't want her then refer her to me!" 

 

Nayeon threw Sana a sharp gaze as if telling her to stop because Nayeon is not here to joke around.

 

"No wonder you can't completely shake her off. It's because a part of you didn't want to." Momo said, looking at her smugly.

 

"Unlike other heroes, this one is a clean slate. I don't see any reason to harm her." Nayeon simply replied.

 

"But damn. I did not expect a wimpy hero like her could get your attention. I guess time does change things." 

 

And you know what? Jeongyeon was right because the more Nayeon spend another minute with Dahyun—the more she gets.....ballistic.

 

"The fight is over Stupid Kim. Why are you still here? Get out of the way or I'll run you over." Nayeon said through gritted teeth.

 

Currently, Nayeon is 3 blocks away from their fighting scene where Dahyun once again managed to stop her from getting her work done properly. Though Nayeon was able to send 4 men to the hospital,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter