[1] not so "usual" walk

By Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today's weather was particularly nice so Jungsoo decided that after eating lunch, he'll take Koongie for a walk at the nearby park. 
"Koongie-ya, should we take a walk later?" he asked the white maltese lounging at the sofa. Upon hearing the word "walk", she immediately perked up and started stamping her small feet excitedly. Jungsoo couldn't help but smile at how adorable his baby is.
"Okay, let me finish hanging the laundry first." he told Koongie and as if she understood his words well, she stopped stamping and just quietly sat at the sofa to wait.

Its already an hour past noon but the weather still felt nice. Its the last weeks of winter and spring is already in the air so being outside is very comfortable.
Jungsoo went to his usual walking route with Koongie. As usual, Koongie was excitedly running at the sidewalks going to the park but once they reach the winding pathwalks of the park between trees and lawns, she will immediately lessen the pace of her small footsteps.


"The weather is so nice, right Koongie?" Jungsoo told Koongie as she stopped to smell the nearby grass. 
Suddenly, out of nowhere, another small dog appeared infront of them. It was small in size but definitely filled with energy as it excitedly ran around them, as if asking them to play with him.

Koongie was immediately scared with another stranger dog that she quickly retreated to Jungsoo's feet and asked to be carried. Jungsoo immediately understood the signal and picked up the white dog.
The energetic dog was still there, zooming past around Jungsoo in all directions. Jungsoo recognized the dog to be a jack russel terrier and he was surprised that a dog can be this hyper.
When the dog finally stopped running around and sat on his feet, Jungsoo lowered his body and started petting him with his free hand.
"Little one, where is your owner? Why are you alone? Do you want to play?" Jungsoo started petting his head while at the same time looking for his collar for any details of its owner. However, his collar only contains a name engraved on it "Kibok"
"Oh, so your name is Kibok?" Jungsoo said and the dog immediately reacted to his name. 
Kibok started stamping his feet excitedly upon hearing his name.
"Kibok-ah, I know you want to play with Koongie. But she is not really sociable."
With his words, Kibok immediately sat again and looked up to Jungsoo with his puppy dog eyes.
Jungsoo was really surprised that a stranger dog can be this friendly.
"Kibok-ah, are you lost?" Jungsoo asked Kibok who just responded by tilting his head to the sides. "Your family must be looking for you. Do you know where you are?"
As if understanding his words, Kibok started stamping his feet again before walking away and looking back at Jungsoo, as if telling him to follow him. Both Jungsoo and Koongie got curious that when Jungsoo put Koongie back to the ground she also started walking to follow Kibok. 


A couple of minutes later, they arrived at the lawn area near the edge of the park's man-made lake. Kibok immediately went towards the nearby bench with a man lying down and sleeping with a notebook covering his face. The man was wearing a black tracksuit but he didn't look like someone jogging as he was wearing a pair of red slippers.
Kibok then sat beside the sleeping man as if it was the thing that he wanted to show. 
Jungsoo remained a few feet away from the sleeping man as he wouldn't dare to come closer in worry of waking him up. But then a sudden thought hit him.
Is he dead?! Is this dog actually asking for help?"
With a sudden sense of urgency, Jungsoo went and got on his knees beside the bench to try and wake up the man. He couldn't see his face so he just assumed that he is just some middle-aged man so he tried waking him up by gently tapping his shoulder.
"Ahjussi? ahjus--"
But to Jungsoo's surprise, before he could finish calling him a second time, the said man woke up with a jolt and quickly sat upright, his head bumping into Jungsoo's chin. The impact made Jungsoo lose his balance and making him fall on his on the ground.
The man, who turns out to be a young guy, was still drowsy from sleep and confusi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter