The Burn Out

Will you let me be your pilot?
Please log in to read the full chapter

March 2021 - Jaehyun

As the plane slowed down to a leisurely roll on its way into the terminal, Jaehyun and his co pilot looked at each other and grinned before Jaehyun reached for the intercom. "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your co-pilot Jaehyun speaking together with captain Johnny Seo. I am pleased to announce that we have touched down in Chicago. As mentioned earlier during the flight we have gained some speed due to the tail winds and have landed approximately 15 minutes ahead of schedule. If you are visiting Chicago I hope you have a lovely time, and if Chicago is home, welcome home. Once again, we thank you for flying with Korean Air and we look forward to seeing you again. Have a lovely day." 

Johnny looked at Jaehyun's eyebags once he disconnected the intercom, a mirror image of his own eyebags after the 13 hour flight. "Alright Jae. Mum is expecting us for dinner. She's making Galbi tang. Funny how we fly out here from Korea and mum still makes me Korean food when I get home, but I guess sometimes we do need some comfort food after such a long journey. Are you still down to crash at my place today or are you planning on taking the hotel?" 

Jaehyun leaned back wearily in his seat and contemplated his options. If he went with Johnny, he would need to make small talk, not that he was not for it, Johnny's parents always welcomed him with open arms whenever they flew to Chicago, he was just feeling burnt out lately after all the various extra flights he took on to keep busy the past few months as his last relationship did not end well with his ex girlfriend unhappy with him constantly being away. After the breakup Jaehyun put his hand up for as many flights as he could to keep his mind occupied. On the other hand, if he stayed at the company's partner hotel, he would be ordering take out, sleeping in a foreign bed and having to socialise with the rest of the cabin crew after spending 13 hours together. "I seriously needed a break", he thought to himself. 

Jaehyun grinned back, "Galbi tang sounds lovely. Thank you Johnny. Next time I am definitely bringing something over for your mum for all her hospitality." Johnny shook his head and laughed, "Nonsense, you're like a brother to me and a second son to her. Don't worry about it. Let's get out of here. You look like you need a hot shower, some hot food and a good sleep. Just remind me before we head back to buy Mar

Please log in to read the full chapter