Hot shot

Slow down (I think I’m falling for you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

In the Philippines there is a street that’s crowded but not with a traffic jam, the streets are crowded with people betting on who’s going to win the drag race that they are witnessing. The bets started very low but as the silver moon hung above their heads, the shoutings became louder, bets grew higher. For they were informed that at this certain night, a very famous yet mysterious racer will be joining the race. Very little was known about that person. They just call that person “Hot shot”. 

 

“And for the main event the battle between two undefeated racers, BM and Hotshot. Now place your bets.” The bets are almost even, the tension between the bettors are very high but the racers are quiet, almost nonchalant about it.

 

BM removed his helmet to talk to the hotshot. “Hey Hot shot, want to bet if I win you’ll give me your motorcycle and if you win I’ll give you mine.”

 

“Yeah, sure.” Hot shot replied curtly.

 

BM snorts, "You sound confident. Are you sure you can beat me?" 

 

"Yes." Hot shot answered, still not looking at BM.

 

"You know very well that I could crush you in this race right?" BM said as he fully turned himself to Hotshot, hovering in front, trying not to miss any chance of intimidating his opponent. 

 

"But don't worry," BM continued, "I won't beat you that hard after all, your build looks so fragile that you might collapse any second." And he laughed, completing his personal recipe on how to intimidate his opponents, thinking that Hot shot might be shaking nervously inside now, as he waits for any counter that the silent racer has to say. 

 

But a sigh of irritation was Hot shot's reply to him, before Hotshot lifted her and looked at him pointedly in the eyes. 

 

"Are you done?  A word of advice, stop yapping, my eardrums almost popped out on how empty each of the threats that you've said to me so far. You almost sound like a broken radio to be honest" 

 

BM almost immediately boiled with fury, "Watch your words shrimp." 

 

"What's with the sudden change of attitude?" Hot shot was about to say more when they heard the announcer calling out to them as the crowd booms louder at every second, their voices buzzing with excitement.

 

Hot shot gave one last glance to BM, "Don't worry," she lifted down her visor as she smiled widely behind it, "Little, fragile Hot shot will crush you down in no time" then she turned to face her motorcycle. Ignoring BM's cursings behind her back. 

 

Once seated, she turned her keys and pumped the shifter at ease, their engine began to roar. Hot shot felt her veins pumped up with excitement, adrenaline rushed through her body like the speed of light as she savors the the crowd's noises, finding it more pleasant to listen to than her opponents' useless words, the burning diesel seeps dances through the air and seeps into her nose, mixing along with the faint scent of the nighttime air. Her hand twitches in excitement as the announcer counts down, she hears BM revs up his engine, and it didn't faze her once, it never was. All she knew now was that the legendary Hot shot was ready to kick some . 

 

She waits as the countdown hits its final seconds

 

Three

 

Two

 

One

 

Just as the sound of the horn came out, BM jumped ahead, half a second away from the signal, and had already gained distance. Hot shot clicks her tongue before she squeezes her gas pedal and her motor soars through the empty street. She was about to match BM with his current pace, but he speeds up a little more, making quite a show (possibly taunting her) as he hovers the road. 

 

She twists the throttle harder while shifting gears, the engine lets out a weird noise and she apologizes under breath, taking a note to take a look at her motor later on. BM tries to swerve again but Hot shot manages to pass through him in a tiny gap, making her smile under helmet as she hears BM swear out loud. It feels like blood rushes through her ears, her body is on fire with excitement. All she needed was to go faster, keep her distance and stay calm. 

 

She hears BM swerve once again away from her and she decides to give him a taste of his own medicine, she slows down and swerves right in front of him. Hotshot saw BM suddenly lose his concentration for a split second and accidentally forces himself to the side, nearly crashing down.

 

She couldn't help out and let a snort out before she switched gears and rushed away, as she zoomed away, moving w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter