Better than him

Better than Him

Better than Him

"I'll be there in a minute." Chaeyoung remove the ear piece in her ear after hanging up the call.

Driving her Porsche, 911 Targa 4s to the bar's parking lot. She skillfully park the car and get off, tossing the key to her pocket before fixing the collar of her black polo shirt which was giving off a classy vibe by being tucked in her fitted grey chinos with a pair of black tassel loafers.

Without giving much effort, Chaeyoung manage to capture attentions while making her way to the bar's main entrance. Groaning internally when her phone make another vibrations, indicating another call, making her stop her tracks.

"Damn see that Porsche outside dude. That's hella expensive." Chaeyoung heard not far--coming from three guys who's eyeing her car since earlier-- before answering the call.

"I know, I don't have flight tomorrow, I wouldn't be here if I have." She grunted, disliking the idea of answering a call about work, when she's supposed to have fun for the night and unite with her friends.

She paused.."I would gladly give my girlfriend to the owner of this car if he let me ride this ing masterpiece."

..."I get it, thanks for the reminder." She put down her phone after it disconnected, eyeing the guys who's still gawking at her car and the person who uttered the words that made her paused.

"Still same piece of s." She mumbles, shaking her head in disappointment before finally going inside the bar-- where the reunion of their batch is being held.

She can't believe Bambam and his friends still hasn't changed through the years. Still as disappointing boys as before.

Checking her wristwatch she sighs before stepping inside the bar, attracting almost half of the girls on the entrance. Anyone can tell and feel how expensive she is even just in one glance. Plus she's giving off a daddy vibe. Chaeyoung simply return the smile giving to her by some of her classmates back in college, who are present tonight. Not minding the flirty invitations of some woman trying to block her way.

"Ooh, here comes Captain!" She chuckles and return Dahyun's embrace once she reach the counter area-- where all her close friends are.

"Still as loud as ever tofu." The cub also return Tzuyu, and Jeongyeon's hug before pecking her Nayeon and Jihyo Unnie's cheek.

"Wait up Chae, where's my kiss too!" And of course there's Sana who just come back from the wash room and eagerly gave a peck to Chaeyoung's cheek.

"You look so good bro." Jeongyeon commented.

"Is that because you see beautiful girls everyday?" Nayeon teased, referring to Chaeyoung's work of being an airline pilot-- who obviously interact with alot of beautiful flight attendants.

"How many of them have you screwed already huh?" Tzuyu received a smack from her girlfriend-- Sana, because of her blunt mouth and also a not so light pinch from her overprotective Nayeon Unnie.

"Or is it because airplanes have alot of  good foods?" Momo who suddenly appear out of nowhere-- with a cupcake in her hand, which she probably get from the buffet serving area.

Chaeyoung just give an unknowing smile as a respond and recieved the glass of drink Jihyo's offering to her.

"Oh where's Mina?" Jihyo suddenly uttered when she figured there's someone missing in their group.

Chaeyoung's ears pricked upon hearing that name again after such a very long time but she easily shrug it off and take a sip from her drink.

"Speaking of and with his boyfriend.." Chaeyoung turn her head to look at the side where they are looking, seeing the woman they were just talking about.. with Bambam.

She saw how Bambam walk first with pride, not minding Mina behind him who's being pushed lightly by the crowd.

So this piece of is her boyfriend?

Chaeyoung scoff, gulping the remaining liquor in her glass before feeling a familiar presence beside her.

"Mina Unnie, look it's Chaeng-chaeng." Tzuyu pointed Chayoung as if Mina hasn't noticed her presence.

"Yeah Mina, the crybaby Chaengie before who has undying love for you." Jeongyeon added making the group chuckled, remembering how Little Chaeyoung is before.

Even if they're all in college before, and Chaeyoung is a freshman, the cub is very childish and shamelessly confessed to Mina-- a sophomore at that time-- about her feelings. Everyone knows about if because it happened in the school field where Chaeyoung prepared a really romantic big banner  with heart-shaped balloons, she confessed her love to Mina in front of every students in their University.

Mina and Chaeyoung grew silent. Everybody might've known about Chaeyoung's childish confession and undying love for Mina back then, but they all assume that it was just a simple puppy love. That's why no one take it seriously, but Chaeyoung does.

They don't know how she give all her efforts just to win Mina's heart back then. And they don't know how she got her first heart break when Mina told her she only see her as a younger sister.

"Well.. I'm not a crybaby now." Chaeyoung try to shrug off the awkward silence, chuckling a little.

"Wait Chaeyoung has a crush on Mina before?" Everybody looked at Bambam when he said that. He's probably busy bullying someone or cutting classes at that time that's why he didn't know.

"Oh, we up on stage now." Tzuyu break the silence, not minding Bambam's words and pulls Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Momo behind the stage. They are one of the famous band performers now.

The rest of the group seems to disappear as well with Sana, Nayeon and Jihyo being a supportive friend and girlfriends, walking to the front to get a good view of the performance.

"Bam!" Chaeyoung saw from her peripheral vision how Bambam nod to his friend's invitation, pecking Mina's cheek and walk off to have fun with his friends, leaving his girlfriend standing near the counter.. a few steps away from Chaeyoung.

(A/N. Play Boyfriend by Dove Cameron)

I can't believe we're finally alone
I can't believe I almost went home

 

Chaeyoung look at the stage when Tzuyu started to sing, everyone went silent as the lights get dim. Everyone starts asking their other half in a slow dance. She get another glass of liquor and hastily drink it, grabbing another one and play with it.

 

What are the chances? Everyone's dancing
And he's not with you

 

She turn her head to look at the woman a few steps away from her. Mina's looking at Bambam who's having fun with his friends and Chaeyoung can't help but clench her jaw in disbelief.

 

How can this guy leave her like this?

 

The universe must have divined this

 

The cub took her time and let out a heavy breath before scooting closer to Mina. Finally have the courage to talk to her.

 

What am I gonna do
Not grab your wrist?

 

"Hey, how are you?" Mina turn her head to look at Chaeyoung. Getting a little flustered by the Cub's strong aura.

 

"I'm good, you? You look good." The cub had a chance to fully look at Mina and she had to take a second glance and look away after because she don't want to look weird in front of her.

 

I could be a better boyfriend than him
I could do the that he never did
Up all night, I won't quit

 

Mina is beautiful, she always do for Chaeyoung. The cub would always shamelessly say that to Mina back then. Compliment her in any way possible.

 

"I'm good, fulfilled my dream to become a pilot." Chaeyoung replied, couldn't really look straight to Mina's eyes. It's stupid how she can look fearless and walk head high on crowds but not with Mina, she's different.

 

Thinking I'm gonna steal you from him
I could be such a gentleman
Plus all my clothes would fit

 

Mina look at Chaeyoung, she actually can't believe how the little Chaeyoung she had known before, is such a grown woman now. She noticed how Chaeyoung get the attention of the crowd by her mere presence.

 

I could be a better boyfriend

 

How some girls shamelessly walk closer and try to get the Cub's attention which Chaeyoung paid no glance. And without knowing why, Mina felt a little relived about it.

 

Maybe because she sees Chaeyoung as a younger sister and she want to protect her? Yeah maybe that's it.

 

Oh how she tries to convince herself.

 

I don't need to tell you twice
All the ways he can't suffice
If I could give you some advice
I would leave with me tonight

 

Chaeyoung noticed how Mina rubbed her arm, so she remove her leather jacket she wore before stepping inside this bar and drape it on Mina's exposed shoulder to cover her.

 

"Oh, you don't have to Chaeng."

 

"No I insist, I kinda feel hot too." Mina smile from Chaeyoung's sensitivity. Even before Chaeyoung always do her best to make Mina feel comfortable. Something Mina never experiences to anyone, even from her own boyfriend.

 

It seems like the cub attracts another attention from having her arms exposed, including Mina's. The ballerina can't help but gulp at Chaeyoung's prominent strong muscles.

 

The universe must have divined this, mmm, mmm
Ladies first, baby, I insist


Suddenly, two guys have started fighting, pushing each other in the chest.

"!" Mina close her eyes in shocked when the guy being pushed tumbles to her direction.

 

Chaeyoung immediately, like a reflex, cover Mina, resulting for the guy to bump on Chaeyoung's strong back instead. It made the cub step forward, almost trapping Mina to the counter.

 

".." she uttered at how close they are. She can smell Mina's alluring scent and can feel the softness of her body, pressed to her own.

 

Finally, the guards came and kick the guys outside the bar who appear to be tresspassers. Chaeyoung was about to move back and create a space between them when she catch a glimpse of Bambam, kissing other girl like his girlfriend wasn't here.

 

"Chae.." She immediately grab Mina's wrist and was about to pull her outside the bar when Mina didn't let her.

 

The Cub's shoulder slump down when she saw how Mina remove her hand on her wrist and walk towards Bambam's direction who just finished smooching another woman.

 

Chaeyoung can feel another pang of pain in her chest from receiving another rejection from Mina. Or so she thought..

 

The crowd gasps which captured Chaeyoung's attention and there she saw how Mina, without fear, slap Bambam hard in front of the crowd and uttered..."I'm tired of your bulls, we are done."

 

The cub's mouth parted a little in amusement specially when Mina gracefully walk back to her and everyone gasp once again, including Chaeyoung when Mina wrap her arms on the Cub's nape and kiss her lips.

 

Some girls stomp their feet in disappointment when Chaeyoung wrap her arms on Mina's waist and as if lost, kisses Mina back. While their friends squeal in the background.

 

"Let's get out of here." Mina hold the still dazed Chaeyoung's hand and pull her outside of the bar.

 

------

 

(A/N. I'm thinking of I should give this a sequel. I just simply thought of this after hearing Boyfriend by D.C. so I'm not sure if this is good, but if hope you liked it guys.)

 

PS. If I did a sequel, what do you guys think would be better, a fluffy one or a ? :-|