it feels real...all too real

you plucked the strings of my heart

I.

There is one thing that occupies Minjeong's mind everyday. Even her friend Yizhuo knows about it, and maybe the whole school might know. It is the undeniably gorgeous and overachiever Yu Jimin, the student a few classes away from her and is always sitting on the bench near the pond every lunch break.

Don't ask Minjeong that she knows, she's just lowkey looking at the beautiful being from afar in the dark, or behind the tree where Yizhuo teases her for fitting so right. Yizhuo often scold her for creepily knowing Jimin's timetable, Minjeong blatantly retorts that she knows her friend's timetable too, and Yizhuo teases her for being in love. "I know you're lying, short stuff. We're basically attached to the hip."

Right.

They have the same timetable. Minjeong huffs, glaring at her grinning friend before closing her English Literature book. What's so great at learning all this romance literature thingy? "Duke Albert is such a trash. Why can't Zeon and Aila be together? They have been seeing each other for years!" Yizhuo whines, closing her notebook full of sappy lines from the recent story Ms. Son has been babbling about. Minjeong shrugs and looks at her friend.

"Duke Albert is a bit protective to Aila, Yizhuo. Imagine seeing a man beside your neice suddenly asking for marriage?" Yizhuo rolls her eyes, smashing the heavy book to her arm, making Minjeong shriek in pain. "What was that for?!" 

Yizhuo scoffs, almost mockingly. "Oh please, remember someone called you an english name?" Minjeong slumps back to her seat, brain immersively working to travel back to her past and she frowns. "Yeah, he called me Winter because of my fair skin? Didn't know he was flirting though, we were still 13." Yizhuo laughs, "And that's how you met me. You also called me your 'knight in shining armor', really?" Minjeong dramatically gasps.

"Excuse you, you were wearing a really shiny jacket that day! I was blinded by it that I thought you're wearing a heavy armor or something." She grumbles, clearly sad that her only friend mocked her for calling Yizhuo her knight in shining armor. She likes Yeonjun's company before, not until he throws a machine gun of sappy lines to Minjeong to the extent where the girl wants someone to barge in like a hero to save her.

And that hero is Yizhuo, wearing a shiny silver jacket that her mom gave her on Christmas and what a coincidence, Yizhuo was also Yeonjun's friend and was planning to boast it and tease the boy. "You're such a romantic, no wonder your mom calls you Winter." Her friend cackles, and Minjeong glares at her.

Yizhuo's right, Minjeong likes romance so much she oftens daydream of her having one romantic interest that she and Yizhuo know it will never happen. "Just wait until Aeri knows you're crushing on her best friend." Yizhuo teases, warms hands pinching her cheeks and Minjeong whines at the contact. "Aeri doesn't even know you, ."

Yizhuo pauses for a second before looking at her in realization, right. "You have a point..." Yizhuo looks solemn, Minjeong can see that. Her best friend is so expressive that anyone can tell what she's feeling right now. She's just the polar opposite to her. "I guess we can't do anything now. It's still 3 hours til the next subject." Minjeong sighs, they're currently sitting at the bench near the pond where several expensive fish are swimming and doing things. No, she's not here to wait for Jimin to ogle at fishes again, Yizhuo dragged her here because of the scenery infront of them.

That reminds Minjeong of something.

Yizhuo is currently babbling about wanting to own a cute cat, Minjeong is listening to her while humming a song she recently listened to, she's currently reading the book Ms. Son recommended them and she closed it, wanting to freshen her mind. Her focus was currently on the grassy fields that she failed to notice a tall figure passing next to her, and Yizhuo's constant abuse to her thigh. "Ow ow, Yizhuo, what happened?" Minjeong snaps out of her reverie, glaring at her best friend who has a teasing smile on her lips and looks behind her. 

Minjeong decided to follow her sight and oh my heavens she was blessed. Next to her was Jimin in her full glory, talking happily with her best friend Aeri while looking at the fishes. Minjeong blinks and looks at her friend, "Yizhuo, you're staring too much." She whispers, softly slapping her thick book on the girl's thighs. "I know, let me be."

Minjeong scoffs, "Whatever, I'm gonna finish my essay. Ms. Son needs to have it passed by 2pm." Minjeong checks the time on her phone, she got plenty of time to finish a 1k word essay about a love story. Luckily, she needs a few words for a better conclusion and hand it over to Ms. Son. But her mind's is not functioning pretty well because of her crush a few feet away from her. She can faintly smell Jimin's perfume, a strong but feminine scent. She unconsciously sniffed her sweater, and frowns when she didn't smell her own perfume.

"Hey Ning, I have to go back to the room." She said, Yizhuo decided to follow her friend and began writing her essay on a piece of paper, instead of ogling a certain Japanese student. Minjeong is already done and is watching her friend do her work. Wow Yizhuo is actually doing something early for once. Minjeong fights back a grin coming out, and she successfully did.

"Hmm be back soon, why though?" Yizhuo looks up, Minjeong shyly looks away. "I don't have my perfume on." Yizhuo opens , but nothing comes out so she closes it again. "No wonder I didn't smell anything from you. That perfume was addicting I could say." The Chinese's mouth was rambling about her perfume at this point, so Minjeong took the chance to quietly leave, not noticing the body infront of her.

And she crashed.

Minjeong was stunned, so she looks up and froze. Jimin's face was inches away from her and she could hear the older girl's breathing. "Are you okay?" Jimin asks, concern written all over her face and Minjeong opens , but nothing came out when she felt dainty hands dancing on her waist. Minjeong scrambles away rapidly, startling poor Jimin and she bows apologetically. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking."

Breathe in, breathe out Minjeong. You're gonna have a heart attack. 

Jimin widens her eyes, which doesn't go noticed by Minjeong who's upper body bent to a 90 degree angle. "It's fine, be careful on your way next time." With that Jimin walked away with a snickering Aeri beside her. All Minjeong wants right now is to disappear and never be seen again. "Min! You okay? That crash was pretty hard." Yizhuo pats the older girl's back, Minjeong painfully whines.

"I wanna disappear."

Yizhuo giggles, "No you don't, come on. Let's just hang out in our classroom. I have your stuff in my bag." Minjeong pouts and looks at her best friend. "What? We still have two hours, let's do our work and have a daily nap, yeah?" Yizhuo smiles at her, and Minjeong smiles back. Nocturne op.9 was currently playing in her earphones as they walked together to class.

Today has been an eventful day, Minjeong. Not a good one, you just bumped hard against your crush, great.

Minjeong frowns, finally arriving at the door of her room. Yizhuo went inside first and she followed suit towards their usual seat. "I'm actually done with the essay, Ning. You can just take ideas from it. I'm gonna take a nap." Yizhuo lets out a happy 'thank you' before indulging on her beautifully written essay. Don't get her wrong, Minjeong loves writing and all of it comes from her dreams.

Her inspirations always come from her imaginations, some are really good and bad. Minjeong is currenly into fantasy themed movies, so she dreams one yesterday, which she forgot to tell Yizhuo about it. "Can I bother you for a bit? I had a really good dream last night." Yizhuo stopped what she's doing immediately and perks up when she immediately heard a good dream coming from her best friend. Minjeong always tell the best stories that seemed believable.

Yizhuo claps loudly and motioned all her classmates to form a circle, Minjeong giggles at that. "Is it Minjeong's dream adventures again? Tell us, tell us!" Her classmate, Ryujin howled in excitement and the others followed too, making her laugh. "Alright, alright." Tuesday break times is always Minjeong's story telling, and it's her favorite thing to do so even though she's shy to speak.

"Well, it all started with this,"

Winter was roaming around the festive town again, running cheerfully with plenty of royal guards chasing after her. "Your Majesty, be careful!" One of the soldiers hollered, Winter lets out a cheerful laugh, her blonde hair flowing against the summer wind. It's the kingdom's festival today and there's a dance coming round in 3 minutes. 

"I have to attend this dance, Rostav. I always have." Winter grins at her personal guard, who's awed at her ethereal beauty. "Shall I spread the word to the royal guards?" Rostav asks, Winter shakes her head. "No need, my mother already knows the occassion. Have fun hanging out with Geila!" She laughs when her guard lets out a sound of disapproval.

"It's a festive day today, Your Majesty. Are you here for the dance?" George the baker asked, handing Winter a freshly baked bread and the princess immediately accepts it. "You already know what I'm here for George." The baker boastfully laughs, and Winter joins in too. "I should better get going." Winter playfully bows and George does the same.

She can finally hear the faint music, making her feet unknowingly dance as she made her way to the center of the town. Winter happily takes in the surroundings, many people are dancing and laughing gleefully, children playing and elderly people jusst enjoying the joyful music. Winter rapidly takes her shoes off and hoists her pink dress high, smoothly making her way to the center and the town cheered at her arrival.

"Her Majesty has arrived!" Several people clapped and watched her dance. Winter was enjoying this event blissfully, twirling around with pretty flowers decorating her hair, the kids did a pretty good job at styling her hair, Winter beckons them to come dance with her, and they joined, while chanting the kingdom's oath while dancing.

Winter stops and immediately she froze, a young boy was dancing along with an elderly. His clothes are so pristine and youthful, Winter never knew purple looked so good on a person until now. The young boy seemingly noticed that someone was looking at him and he turns around, meeting Winter's eyes and he smiles. Winter raises her eyebrow before dancing again, raising her feet high to the climatic music. She didn't know that her dancing mesmerized the young boy.

"What's your name?" Winter shrieks and turns her head back, the boy was smiling softly at her. Winter is confused whether this person behind her is a girl or not, his features seemed a bit more feminine, along with a noticeable mole under his lips. "Winter, the name's Winter." She turns around to face to young boy properly. Before Winter could ask for his name, the boy cuts her off.

"You're very beautiful. Would you like to dance?" 

Winter smirks, "Dance with the people, and I'll dance with you in the end." The boys grins widely, before doing a curtsy bow, Winter does the same and twirls away from the prince (she'll assume that), a smile donning her pretty features as she heard the boy laugh. George seemed to notice her and gently linked their arms to dance. Winter gasps and laughs, her eyes never leaving the boy's figure and surprisingly, he looked at her too. 

Winter stopped dancing when she felt someone tug at her dress, she looks back to see kids carrying colorful chalks. "What do we have here?" She smiles, taking the chalk out of their hands. The princess looked at the small girl, who's smiling at her. "Elisia, what do you think we should draw?" The little girl takes a purple chalk, and draws a small flower.

Winter smiles and kissed the girl's cheeks. "Wonderful, will you mind helping me? The music's still going." Winter can still feel the throbbing sensation of her heart, her longing to dance along with the music. The kids immediately obliged and drew a perfect gold flower, with the help from her of course. "Alright! This is the best part." She laughs and stands up, linking arms with someone right away as the town formed into a circle around the newly drawn flower. 

Winter notices the boy looking at her with a smile. The boy might be a little bit older then her judging how tall he is. She can feel the music getting louder and more faster, so she breaks contact with the lady and smiles at her, dancing her way towards the boy. "I guess this is the best part?" The boy asks, hands immediately occupying Winter's waist, it feels like they've done this before.

"Well, I apporoached you. This is the end." Winter laughs, and holds the boy's hand. Dancing and dancing, she forgot to ask what his name is. The boy twirls around and marches behind her, which Winter followed suit and bumps her hips against hers. Not a typical dancing step but the way the boy's face lights up, plucks the strings of her heart.

The boy immediately brought her closer when the score ends, breaths heavy and Winter smiles. The town cheers happily, and went on their merry way, Winter finally noticed several royal guards running towards the area and she frowns. "I'm afraid I have to go." Her heart breaks when she saw the prince's expression falter.

"Prince Jimin, the Duke has been looking for you!"

Winter immediately lets go and runs, trying to ignore the boy's calls to her. One of the royal guards had her shoes and bends down to assist the princess. Winter beckons the guard to stand up, "I'll wear it once we are in the castle grounds. I must arrive quickly before the ceremony." Winter sighs, she didn't even get to hear the prince's name. Atleast, he's a prince.

There's a chance the prince might be there at the ceremony.

"And that's all." Minjeong sighs, the room suddenly silent. Yizhuo was trying not to squeal. "Oh my, that was a fantastic story! I can't wait for another one next week!" Ryujin squeals, seemingly swooning over the charming price and Minjeong laughs. Yizhuo beckons her to sit down again, "The way you describe the dancing part was too good. It happened to you, right?" She asks, her eyes just scream romance and Minjeong cringes. She admits that she enjoys the prince's company, but he and Jimin shares a creepy resemblance, or she's that desperate.

Minjeong hums, her mind seemed to be at ease as she finally ducks her head down to take a nap, and her friend just let her.

She's gonna do it again tomorrow, she wants to know the prince more.

II.

It happened again.

Minjeong wakes up in the same flower field, eyes straining at the sunrays above her and she sits up. Is this a dream? She frowns, her hand still grasping the book she read. She fell asleep on the flower field, so she musn't be dreaming. Minjeong rubs her eyes softly, and she lets out a soft gasp when she saw the face she wasn't entirely expecting.

Jimin was in front of her, grinning.

"Had a good sleep?" The girl asks, Minjeong was still shocked at the sight of the girl.

"This is a dream, isn't it?" She mutters lowly, merely a whisper to not Jimin hear. "Yeah, I was so shocked to see you in infront of me." She sheepishly smiles, her cheeks tinted red at how close Jimin's face across hers. "Why do you looked shocked? Is my face too gorgeous?"

Yes, it is. Minjeong pretends to scoff, but her lips break out a wide grin at Jimin who's looking at her lovingly. Yeah, this is a dream. "Don't fret. Your face is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." Jimin cups her face tenderly, and Minjeong feels scared. She feels scared at how real this is. She can feel Jimin's warmth radiating from her hand, as she leans into it unconsciously.

"You're bluffing." She mumbles, Jimin would never say it to her in real life. But this Jimin, is different from yesterday. Her dreams was full of music, and dancing. Jimin was a boy but it is still Jimin, or that was her haircut when she was a child (don't ask how she knew Jimin's hair before). Jimin looks at her, slightly worried at a spacing out Minjeong. "What's wrong?" Minjeong felt hands cupping her cheeks down to her shoulders, each touch sent shivers down her spine and she wants to wake up fast from this dream. "I am slightly worned out." Minjeong answers, and Jimin's worried eyes are replaced with happy ones. Did she just noticed that Jimin's hair is short and blonde?

"Your hair," The taller girl hums, right hand immediately fumbling her hair as she shot Minjeong a quick look. "It's blonde." Minjeong finishes and Jimin shot her a playful glare and laughed. She might have lied that it didn't affect her but oh boy hearing Jimin laugh is doing something to her. Minjeong laughs nervously, taking her sweet time to look around and found her house a little far away. Jimin was no longer laughing and she noticed the older girl staring at her.

"Can I kiss you?" Jimin suddenly asks, and Minjeong breaks out in a fit of painful coughs. A panicked hand pats her back gently, Minjeong almost had a heart attack. Jimin smiles apologetically, "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that." Oh heavens, she thought I didn't like the idea of kissing her. Minjeong slightly panics, and grabs the older girl's shoulders without a second thought.

Minjeong, what are you doing?!

Red in the face, she slightly leaned in to rest her forehead on Jimin's collarbone. Minjeong lets out a shaky sigh, "You can kiss me."

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.

She feels Jimin going stiff in her hold, so she took this as an opportunity to kiss the love of her life, in her dreams. An acceptance is what this Jimin wants, a mutual understanding is what she needs. "You can kiss me, Jimin." Minjeong feels like a puddle for going brave at initiating eye contact with the woman she loved the most, but nothing else matters to her when this Jimin also looked at her the same, lips curved into a soft smile as she leaned in.

Just a little bit closer.

She feels her heart beating loudly when she felt Jimin's breath just above her lips, so she closed her eyes in anticipation.

A little bit closer.

Then she opened her eyes, Minjeong blinks and she almost screamed. She's still lying on the flower fields, hand still holding the book. It was a dream, a realistically scary dream. She lets out a pained whine. "I almost kissed Yu Jimin." She mutters, as she tries to sit up. Minjeong feels miserable or pathetic.

Ha! She wants the ground below her to swallow her up and never spit her back. Because she feels embarrassed! She never wants to face Jimin again, though the girl never really noticed her on breaks. She's always with Yizhuo, who's clinging to her like a koala.

Oh, does she even have to mention that Jimin lives in the same neighborhood as her? Minjeong prefers to live in her room rather than going out in the possibilities of meeting Jimin in the streets. Nope, she'll be a human personification of a bright red beet.

"Kim Minjeong?" Minjeong shrieks, hands flailing out to cover herself from the person calling her. "It's just me, Jimin." The taller girl looks at her with a worried expression plastered on her beautiful face. Oh. Wait, Jimin?! "Oh, hey." Minjeong stutters, hands fumbling the hem of her shirt. "Sorry, I didn't notice you walking your way here." As she said, she really wants the ground to eat her because talking with Jimin is the least of her expectations.

What are the odds?

"Do you mind if I sit beside you?" Jimin smiles at her, Minjeong gulps and moves a bit when the other settles herself in. "So, I never noticed you going out here. I usually come at this hour every Satuday." Minjeong wants to die, because Jimin just talked to her! Talked. To. Her.

"Uh...I also come here, but sometimes. The view is just too good to not visit here so here I am."

She really wants to leave. At this rate, her heart is going to burst out at any moment. "I just came here to give this to you. See you on Monday." With that Jimin stands up and shot her a soft smile before walking away. Minjeong is in a trance, because what just happened? She looks down to see a single freshly picked rose, wrapped beautifully in a yellow thin paper. My favorite color.

Minjeong carefully picks the flower, and smells it. Why would she give me this, she thought. Is she still dreaming? She pinches her cheek and winced, "Yeah, not a dream." Minjeong painfully stands up, her legs started to feel numbe after sitting on top of it for so long.

"At this rate, I'm gonna have leg problems." She mutters, dusting off the grass on her shorts and walked to her home. There are so many thoughts currently invading her mind right now.

First of all, why did Jimin gave her a rose? Minjeong wished it was for her, because one of Jimin's friend named Sungchan took a liking of her and kept sending a single rose everyday. She feels dejected, knowing her crush would never do something like that to her. Having no energy to even greet her sister calling out for her, Minjeong just went straight to her bedroom and lied down. With tears, she slowly drifted off to dreamland.

Hoping it's a dream with no Jimin in it.

III.

"Minjeong, wake up." The girl groans, one eye open to glare at her sister frowning at her. "You seemed upset last night." Taeyeon sits beside her and Minjeong ignores her, turning her body sideways so she couldn't meet her sister's worried eyes.

"You didn't even eat yesterday. Mom is worried." Minjeong sighs, upset at herself at not knowing why she's even sulking in the first place. She slowly sits up, "Just a little tired, but I rested well." No, she didn't. Minjeong woke up and decided to stay awake all night, hoping that she wouldn't dream about Jimin again. It hurts her, but she already knows that Jimin wouldn't bat an eye to her.

"Jimin was actually worried, you know? She's currently cooking your favorite meal downstairs." What? Taeyeon leans down to kiss her forehead and left her alone. Instead of feeling happy, Minjeong felt hopeless. She's dreaming, with Jimin in it again. The butterflies on her stomach with the mention of Jimin are now gone, is now replaced with a feeling she couldn't even comprehend. She felt surprisingly calm.

Minjeong had no choice but to join the others in the dining table. She spots Taeyeon playing with her dog and her mom currently watching news on the TV, but there was no sight of Jimin. Her mother noticed her coming down and she frowns. "Minjeong honey, you didn't even eat last night." Minjeong waves her off with a small smile as her legs instinctively lead her to the kitchen.

A little part of her hoped that Jimin was there, making something for her or waiting for atleast. When she saw the cooked lasagna with no Jimin on sight, Minjeong felt her heart clench. In her peripheral vision, comes Jimin holding a small towel while mumbling something. Minjeong just watch the older girl fishing out two plates, settling it beside each other. Jimin must've noticed her presence as she looks back at her.

"Baby, I see you have waken up. Come, I made your favorite."

Minjeong hums tiredly, and felt a warm body pressing on her back and a soft kiss plastered on her head. It feels weird that her heart isn't doing a somersault, or she's too tired to even feel Jimin's warmth behind her. "I came here to apologize, even though I don't know what I did wrong." She feels Jimin chuckle, and she lets out a small laugh. "I was just tired, I'm sorry for making you worry."

It feels like it was scripted, but Minjeong tries to let out the sweetest smile she could muster, and takes Jimin's smaller hand towards her place. She also noticed the hair change, Jimin's hair is midnight blue and long instead of blonde.

"You suddenly want to go home, looking a little bit upset." Seeing the sad look on Jimin's face, Minjeong melts instantly. She playfully pinches the older girl's cheeks, ignoring the painful throb of her heart.

What's next, her and Jimin getting married?

Jimin pouts at her, "Let's eat and you can continue to rest, okay?" Minjeong nods, albeit forcefully as she chugs down a mouthful of lasagna. She hears the older girl giggle, "You must be really hungry." She felt cold fingertips touch the side of her lips, Minjeong looks back to see Jimin so focused on wiping the sauce, her eyebrows furrowed.

Thump, thump.

Minjeong blinks, what did she just hear? "You know, when the time I knew you liked me back is when your heart beats loudly twice." Jimin wipes the remaining sauce with a table napkin, Minjeong is confused. In this dream, she did that?

"I did?" She lets out a shaky breath, eyeing the love of her life's face.

Jimin laughs, "You crashed into me, remember?"

Oh my god. Is that an implication that Jimin might've heard it when she bumped into her?

"I didn't remember." She frowns, munching the remaining lasagna and Jimin smiles, again. "I'll tuck you in." Jimin kissed her forehead and left the kitchen area. Minjeong caressed the area where the other girl kissed and she gasped, it felt so real. She can still feel Jimin's lips, the warmth lingering in the area for too long.

Why does it feel so real? The fear of her falling deeper into dreaming increases even more, and Minjeong almost wished she won't wake up again. It's too good, to be real. Minjeong puts the plates on the sink and follows Jimin upstairs. She then saw Jimin patting the duvet into perfection and saw her standing on her doorway. "Baby, come here." Minjeong smiles and dives in to the older girl's arms. Warmth starts to surround her as she feels Jimin bringing her to bed. She giggles when Jimin peppered kisses all over face, except her lips.

"Sleep well, my love."

She did, for the first time.

When she wakes up again, the first thing she saw was Taeyeon patting her side like a baby, gently waking her up. "Hey sleepyhead, mom is worried that you suddenly got tired." 

Minjeong only hums, her sister stops what she's doing. "Try to rest, or sleep the whole day." Minjeong felt Taeyeon's presence left her room, and she sighs. Though she wants to spend the rest of the day with her family, her body just shutted down completely after. 

Sunday is a really weird day.

IV.

Waking up was always Minjeong's weakness.

Though she ever did was sleeping all day on Sunday. She feels the dread creeping in already when she hears Yizhuo chatting with her mother downstairs. She internally groans, her body felt stiff for sleeping a whole day, for an unknown reason. Do her dreams tire her a lot? Minjeong knows she can't distinguish whether she's in a dream, because everything she felt was real to her.

Then she heard heavy footsteps coming up to her room.

"Oh Minjeong~" Yizhuo shamelessly slams her poor door open, she pretends not to hear the latter but soon regret when she lets out a pained shriek. Yizhuo just did a John Cena move on her. "Oh Ning Yizhuo, that hurts!" Minjeong hissed, Yizhuo kneeled her hip and she swears she hear a bone cracked. "Oh stop being dramatic. School starts in an hour."

"Any dreams happening lately?" 

Minjeong glares at her best friend, who's blatantly looking at her, and she's wrapped in a towel getting ready to shower. "Can you atleast be decent for the whole morning?" Yizhuo raises her hands in defeat, turning around for Minjeong to enter her bathroom with a hot head.

Minjeong frowns, closing her eyes when the cold water hits her head. Why is she taking her anger out on Yizhuo? The girl always do that everyday or when Minjeong wakes up late (when it's just 6am in the morning) or Yizhuo just wakes up early...

She recalls her dream with Jimin again, she lets out a tired sigh. The dreams drained her a lot, emotionally and mentally. Minjeong feels like she's going crazy at the though of Jimin liking her back, though it came across her mind. Jimin might like her as a friend or as a schoolmate, that's how desperate she is. Minjeong wants Jimin to like her, be platonically or romantically she wouldn't care. But she hoped Jimin might like her romantically too.

But pigs do fly, right?

Never. Minjeong shakes her head, as she massaged her head thoroughly. She could use a break, maybe interacting with puppies nearby can be a huge help. Minjeong held the note inside her head, but was soon replaced by a scenario of her and Jimin playing with puppies. "What's wrong with me?" She whispers, feeling frustrated that she can't even had one single thought without Jimin in it.

After all, she's in love with Jimin her whole highschool year.

Only Yizhuo knows that, except the part where she had a crush on the older girl for 4 years. Her best friend probably thought it's a mere crush, and Minjeong is a dreamer and loves to imagine scenarios such as Jimin being a prince and all, or Jimin being sweet to her for a few minutes and she snaps out of her thoughts again. It's always a cycle, Minjeong is already used to it.

She turns of the shower and wraps herself with the towel, when she got out of the bathroom she can feel her best friend's piercing eyes on her as she dries her hair with another towel. "Took you long enough." Yizhuo scoffs, lying on her bed like she lives in her house. Minjeong rolls her eyes and opens her closet, she takes out her uniform Irene already ironed, that woman..."We have a report due today. And Taehyun is excused for a sports event." Yizhuo says, standing up and starts to fix her dear friend's bed. Usually her sister or her mom would clean her bedroom, she's the youngest after all.

But after she befriended the superstar self-proclaimed cleanliness queen Ning Yizhuo, she had to listen to the younger one's nagging every morning and at night when she comes over to stay at Minjeong's house. Yizhuo is like Minjeong's older sister, despite being younger than her. "I'm fine doing it by myself." She said, buttoning her blazer. Yizhuo hums, her hands busy arranging Minjeong's notebooks and pencil cases. Surprisingly, Yizhuo seems quiet today.

"You remember that one time Lee Siyeon praised you for being an action movie maniac?" Minjeong turns around, Yizhuo was holding her John Wick pencil case, the one Siyeon gave when she was currently watching Avengers. She and Siyeon became close due to their love of action movies. "You didn't throw this. Wow, you had it for three years?" Minjeong shot her friend a questioning look. 

"It's still useable? It's stainless steel."

"Wow, you are...loyal." Yizhuo snickers, putting the case back. Minjeong rolls her eyes and smiled, "Unless you want one too? Siyeon currently works in a book store and there's that special isle full with animal pencil cases. And I found a gecko one a few days ago." Her smile widened when her eyes met Yizhuo's happy ones. "Deal! Better free up your schedule on Saturday bestie."

Yizhuo leaves the room first, happily skipping on her way downstairs and Minjeong follows suit with a laugh. Her mom noticed her happy demeanor and approaches her with a gentle smile, "My my, what a good day. Good morning honey, I see you are happy today." Minjeong embraced her mother for a few moments, "Sorry for worrying you yesterday Mom. You know me having dreams tire me out." Her mother coos at her, her blonde hair gently. 

"Eat breakfast after first period okay? Yizhuo said you two need to be early because of the early assembly." Taeyeon appears in the kitchen, already in her work attire and Irene follows after, still in her pajamas. "Oh, Irene came home yesterday?" Minjeong went to hug her older sister, Irene happily accepts the embrace. "I already ironed your uniform last night, don't tire yourself too much."

Minjeong hums happily, and pulls away from Irene's embrace when she heard Yizhuo's car outside, "Goodbye! See you after school." Minjeong waves back, tossing her backpack at the back of Yizhuo's car and she opens the door of the passenger seat. "What took you so long?" The Chinese woman snarls at her, Minjeong fights back a scowl. "Why are you so grumpy? It's still 6:45." 

Yizhuo huffs, turning her vehicle's engine as she drove away towards their school, which was 15 minutes away by car. Minjeong hums at the song currently playing on the radio, "I can't believe you're friends with Lee Siyeon all along. One of the most popular students in our freshman year? That senior was a total definition of popular!" Yizhuo squeals, Minjeong just listen to her babbling friend with a small smile on her face.

"Kim Minji too. I've been hanging out with them for quite a while in our sophomore year. When you are busy attending the Foreign Affairs Club?" Yizhuo nods, Minjeong is afraid the girl might break her neck. "Siyeon and the others are actually a band called 'Dreamcatcher'. They invite me on their gigs and let me sing along with them." Minjeong giggles at her friend's jealous expression.

"I didn't know you hung out with the popular students at school. All I ever do was being an assisstant to Chenle and doing all his paperworks in the club." Yizhuo pouts, already parking her car on the garage of the school. Minjeong goes out first and takes her bag along with Yizhuo's, the girl's bag is way smaller than hers. "My friend is a cool kid and I didn't even know."

Minjeong rolls her eyes, on her way to the main campus but stopped when she saw students running towards a large circle. What happened? Yizhuo seems to notice it as well, "Is there something going on?" A male student runs alongside, panting. Yizhuo pats the boy's shoulder, "Hey, what happened there?" The boy looks at Minjeong, making her feel uneasy but soon diverted his attention to her best friend.

"Oh, Jimin was beating up a guy for an unknown reason. But she looks furious, she kept punching the guy until someone from the senior high stopped her. Who knew the president had that side on her?" Yizhuo's eyes widen at the news. "Yu Jimin? As in the student council president Yu Jimin?" Winter asks, looking away instantly when the boy stares at her again. "It's her. You don't believe me? See it for yourself."

Jimin? As in Yu Jimin?

No way. Jimin wouldn't hurt someone with no reason, she never abused someone using her power or because she's the champion of the Taekwondo teams. Minjeong felt her knees buckle, Yizhuo was quick enough to help her. "Let's know the reason why Jimin beat up that guy. It's the first time I've heard of her beating up a student so badly. Minjeong nods, unable to hear what Yizhuo said because her mind is filled with Jimin. 

Is she gonna be okay? What if she's hurt too?

Without a second thought, Minjeong sprints towards the crowd, ignoring Yizhuo's calls. She knew her friend would follow her. She needed to see Jimin, that she's safe. It's all that matters, Minjeong doesn't care. "Minjeong?" She stops when she hears Aeri jogging beside her. "Aeri? Is Jimin okay?" She asks a bunch of questions unheard by Aeri, the older girl pats her on the head gently, and Minjeong felt calm.

"Relax, I'll break it down to you one by one. First, Jimin is okay. No bruises or scratches. Second, she's gonna be suspended for two weeks. She beat up Sungchan and he's on an ambulance," Minjeong winced, was it that bad?" And lastly, she did it because of you."

What?

Minjeong blinks, suddenly can't understand what Aeri is saying on the last part. "What do you mean?" She asks, hands shaking. Aeri looks hesitant but seeing Minjeong in a panicked state, she decided to tell her. "The reason why Jimin is beating up that student is because she was mad. Like furious," Minjeong tries to cut her off but Aeri gives her a look that made her quiet.

"Jimin heard him talking about something doing bad to you. So she did it."

V.

Jimin never believed in love.

She never did. Being in the concept of love irks her, she couldn't explain why. She saw how people do stupid things just for love, be it in the movies or in real love. Love makes her cringe so bad, seeing a couple being lovely in front of her is okay. But her doing it? Never in a million years.

She focuses herself on her studies instead, and she succeed. Now a student council president for the junior high school for 4 years, Jimin wants her last year to be memorable. She studies more and more, doesn't care when her body felt exhausted. She is a career-driven student, it surprised her family too. Her own mother couldn't stop her from studying.

Until her father made a suggestion during their family dinner, Jimin wanted to throw up at that memory.

Her father want her to go on a date, with someone. 

Too bad for her father, Jimin had zero love interest. She had no crushes, first love, nothing! It doesn't frustrate her but her family are. Jeongyeon is mostly worried, Jimin might grow up being cold hearted even though the girl is approachable and friendly. She asks her girlfriend for help, but Nayeon insists that love doesn't need to be forced.

"Baby, just let time do its thing to Jimin. She will find someone right for her eventually. She's still a freshman." 

Unfortunately, Jimin heard that. Part of her agrees, love isn't a thing to be pushed around. She can wait for years, and if that someone doesn't appear she just want to be a cat lady and have many cats until she grows old.

She met with many students around her age, but none of them sparked an interest inside her. It's like she's a living doll, with no emotions whatsoever. Jimin instead focused in being a competent and ambitious student, stealing awards here and there and within half of her freshman year, she became popular.

But she doesn't like it.

Sure being popular has its advantage, but her pretty face what made her popular, not her achievements. The school only adore her for her looks, Jimin sometimes felt if she was not good enough. But she let it happen, letting the students gawk at her beauty.

Until one caught her attention.

The girl was just standing alone on one of the lockers, seemingly reading something and another student comes into view, startling the girl. The scared students slaps the other one's shoulder while whining. Jimin stops for a bit and looks at them for a while. She feels her cheeks hurt, she didn't even realise she's smiling.

What happened to her?

She never smiled at anyone before, only at Aeri or her family. Luckily, the two students didn't notice her and she resumed walking her way towards her room. Jimin spots Aeri not far away, but she prefers sitting in front. 

A few days later, she meets the same girl again. And this time, she was alone. Jimin approaches her slowly, the girl seemed to be spacing out, just staring at nothingness and Jimin just left her there. Days later, she realized the girl was beautiful as hell. One of her weakness is she forgets people's faces easily, what's strange is she can't forget the girl's face. Everywhere she go, all she think about is that pretty girl spacing out in the garden bench.

Few days later, Jimin finally knew her name.

Kim Minjeong, even her name is pretty.

Everyday during school breaks, Jimin would go to the canteen just to take a glance of Minjeong chatting with her friend named Yizhuo. The two sat on the same table over the years, which made it easier for Jimin to spot them, since she and Aeri usually eat at her office. Her best friend didn't notice it for a while, until Jimin always come to the cafeteria everytime, and Aeri was suspicious.

"You don't come here because you hate crowded people? Now, you come here everyday. What's the catch, Yu Jimin?" Jimin, surprisingly, tells Aeri that she was just on a task of observing students' behaviour during breaks. Though Aeri didn't believe it at first, but after a few papers about a task she mentioned shoved into the Japanese girl's face, Aeri immediately believed.

You know what they say 'Jimin never lies.', well that's a truth and a lie. Jimin only lied to Aeri about that task she had a few days ago. She felt extremely weird not seeing Minjeong's face everytime she enters the cafeteria. Jimin felt empty, not the kind of empty she feels everyday. The kind of empty that makes you want to see the person immediately. Jimin felt crazy, she doesn't know why. She just find Minjeong pretty, that's all. But why would she act like Minjeong as her daily energy sustenance to survive for a whole day?

So she did a crazy thing, she proposed an idea to the dean to have two breaks in the afternoon. The dean surprisingly agreed, seeing JImin's serious face made him accept her idea. The dean favors Jimin after all, but not his son. Everyone made a complaint but if they get to see Jimin hanging out in the cafeteria for two hours? They didn't utter a single word.

Jimin always enter the cafeteria from now on, hoping to see a glimpse of Minjeong with her pretty eyes and smile. Jimin feels like she's a crazy person, from the start she didn't even notice the girl and now she longs for her presence than she longs for food? Her best friend, Aeri is confronting her about it. Jimin finally told her little crush on Minjeong.

At first, Aeri couldn't believe one single thing Jimin said. She grew up with the older girl since they were elementary students, she saw how Jimin rejected the flowers everytime a boy wants to give it to her. She saw how Jimin harshly rejected a guy in 6th grade, for a reason to study hard and they were also young. She didn't see Jimin being giddy all over, or gushing about someone.

But this Jimin who had her eyes everywhere everytime she enters the cafeteria is a sight Aeri wanted to double check if it's real. Jimin hates going to the cafeteria, she brings her own snacks and lunch and eat with her in the office. Or Jimin doesn't eat, instead she finishes all her paper work and sleep in the makeshift bed in their office. Seeing this new Jimin, Aeri recalls on what Mr. Yu said.

"Love will eventually come to her, Aeri. I know I'm desperate of her being with someone who will make her happy. But it's Jimin's choice." 

Jimin begs Aeri not to tell a single soul about it, and the girl agrees. Jimin is still confused, it's the first she ever felt something towards someone. Jimin still prioritizes her studies and duties first, but secretly asking for advice on a senior named Kim Minji, who knows Kim Minjeong. 

Jimin has a little notebook containing little details about Minjeong. Aeri thinks it's cute and a lot about it, and Jimin is whining and putty everytime Aeri mentions Minjeong. And on her sophomore year, she can finally confirm.

She was in love with Kim Minjeong.

Now there are rumors circulating the whole campus, that the dean's son fancies Kim Minjeong too. And that one rumor that made her heart beat fast, a rumor that Kim Minjeong likes her and it sparked her hope and tries to approach the girl.

She failed.

Everytime she tries to approach her, all her senses go haywire and she will just ignore her crush, hurriedly walking her way towards the office with her face red as a tomato. Aeri teases her everyday for it, because she's been making calculations and possibilities on how to approach her crush easily. But she can't just do it.

"You're hopeless." Aeri laughs, reading Jimin's little notes about Minjeong and the older girl shot her a glare. "It's hard, okay? When I go near her, I can't think." Jimin buries her head on her arms, Aeri pictures her friend as a depressed slime who's secretly in love with Kim Minjeong. "No wonder you're all putty around her. She's pretty." Aeri says, Jimin springs up from her seat and shot her friend a warning glare.

"Chill."

After a few days, Jimin gave up and decided to admire the girl afar instead. Aeri just shook her head and let her best friend do her thing. But seeing Jimin looking at Minjeong with hope and love in her eyes, Aeri couldn't help any longer. "Look Jimin, just approach her? Say hi and get to know her?" Aeri flails her arms around trying to get Jimin out of her senses. 

But Jimin is focused on the figure a few feet away from them.

Here lies the great body of Kim Minjeong, doing her assignment on break time and her friend Ning Yizhuo annoying her and complaining Minjeong doesn't wear her perfume. "I suddenly remember something in the office. I'll be right back in a few minutes Aeri." She hurriedly excused herself, her feet fast she couldn't even notice someone was infront of her. Jimin heard a yelp and she immediately grabbed the person, not knowing who it is.

"Are you okay?

Jimin felt her whole body freeze, the person in her arms is her crush. Gathering all her courage, Jimin decided to look down and surprised to see Minjeong already staring at her with wide eyes, and red cheeks. Cute..She didn't notice her hands wrapped around Minjeong's waist. She tries to grip it a little tighter, or just let her fingers do her thing. All of it disappeared when Minjeong seemed to snap out of her thoughts and kept apologising.

The girl scrambles away rapidly, startling her and Minjeong bows, Jimin tries to let the girl stand up but her body wouldn't work together with her, so she just helpessly stare at her crush's head. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking."

Calm down Jimin.

Jimin widens her eyes, and she coughs, feeling her face hot as she looks away from Minjeong. "It's fine, be careful on your way next time." Jimin watches her crush run towards her room with Yizhuo beside her, then she walked away with a snickering Aeri beside her. "Look at how red your face was earlier." Aeri laughs, Jimin slaps her best friend's shoulder. "Even her voice is pretty." She mumbles, walking a bit further away from her snickering best friend.

A few days past, with Aeri doing nothing but , Jimin is now currently standing in front of Minjeong's classroom. She's nervous, a teacher just asked her to call the girl but she can't do it. "Ms. Jimin? I don't mind to intrude but I'm the next teacher there and you've been standing on the same spot for 5 minutes." Jimin bows, "I apologize but can I ask a favor miss? Someone from the faculty asked for Kim Minjeong. Thank you."

Jimin scurried away to her red face, oh boy that was hard. She fanned herself with her hands. "What are you doing to me Kim Minjeong?"

Days turned to months, Jimin is still stuck at hopelessly staring at Minjeong from afar and Aeri whining on her side, already complaining. "I had enough of you staring at Minjeong like a creep. Make a move on her already!" Aeri slightly pushed her, she threw a glare. "Look, we barely know each other. What's the point?"

Aeri raises an eyebrow at her, "I heard Sungchan is about to make a move on Minjeong next week. You gave her a rose last Saturday right? Shoot your shot Jimin."

It's true that she met Minjeong last Saturday, the girl was sleeping on the flower fields near her home (which was owned by her grandparents), she was hiding behind a tree nearby after picking up a red rose on her personal area. She feels her heart beating furiously at the sight of Minjeong waking up. It's weird but she wants that Minjeong everyday when she wakes up.

It's like her heart screams for Minjeong.

Jimin eventually waits for the girl nearby the entrance where Minjeong and Yizhuo pass everyday. Holding the rose in hand, she nervously waits. The school will held an early meeting and it is expected that all of the students will come at 7:00. Jimin came early as she could, a whopping 6:03 am displayed on the father clock as soon as she arrived in the campus.

And there she saw Sungchan and his friends, seemingly talking about something or rather someone.

Jimin doesn't like eavesdropping, but as her duty as the president she had no choice but to secretly listen on what they're talking about, non-trivial or not she doesn't care.

"Hey Chan, you're gonna ask Minjeong on a date right?" One of the boys asked, Sungchan looks at him and smirks. Jimin furrows her eyebrows, now interested.

She needs to be first, to ask Minjeong out. "Ask Minjeong out? More like bring her home with me on the first date! I will flaunt her like a trophy dude." Sungchan snickers, Jimin felt her knuckles turn white at how hard she closes them. Sunghan doesn't like Minjeong, but instead chose to flaunt her like she's some sort of a prize? She won't let it happen to her. "So you don't like Minjeong at all?" She waits for an answer, she hears the boy scoff again. "Oh please, girls are just like dolls to collect. They are pretty but once they are cracked, it's time for me to throw them.."

The first thing she did was her fist colliding with the boy's face, sending him down to the marble floor with a pained cry. "Flaunt like a trophy huh?" Sungchan glares at her, blood seeping out from his nose and mouth. Jimin felt her left hand throb at the collision, but she ignores it at how angry she is right now. "Eavesdropper huh? No wonder my father favors you, not now. You just punched his son's face."

The injured boy lets out a pained wheeze and his friends are just watching, scared that Jimin might hit them too. "Abusing one's power is illegal here, Jimin. Why would you punch me for no reason?" Sungchan mocks, and stands up to face her. "You're scared?" He laughs, Jimin can't control her anger anylonger and kicked Sungchan in his thigh. "You...dare to say I abuse my power?"

Jimin only sees red. Red, anger, fear. She straddles Sungchan's stomach and punched his face continiously, ignoring the crowd's cries she didn't notice before. But she didn't care, she wanted Minjeong to not interact with this low-life disgusting parasite.

Sungchan groans, but Jimin doesn't care. She harshly steps one of the boy's fingers, earning a loud cry. She bends down and scowls at Sungchan. "Try to touch Minjeong and the last thing you'll ever see is my fist." She stands up, and she feels rough hands drag her away from the badly beaten up boy. Instead of panicking that her clean record is tarnished the moment the dean calls her, Jimin feels victorious and calm. 

With a smirk plastered on her face, she raised an eyebrow towards Sungchan, who's being assisted by the nurses. "Yu Jimin, what do you think you're doing?" A hand grabbed her shoulder and harshly turned her around. Jimin was face to face with Jaehyun, her cousin. "I saw a pest, so I decided to do the thing." She nonchalantly says, but deep down she's frightened. Jimin never knew she had that side, no one has ever made her angry like a serial killer before, not until now. "I heard Sungchan talking inappropriately towards a girl. I had no choice but to give him a lesson."

"Loving someone can change a person, Jimin. It can release one's side they never knew."

"How do you know that Jeongyeon?"

"Nayeon once punched a guy. Because that guy was verbally abusing her and me."

Jaehyun scowls at her, "The moment you land your fist on his face, your pristine record is now long gone Jimin." Her cousin groans, hands tightly massaging his temple and Jimin glares at him. "I did the right thing instead of letting it happen. If you were in my shoes, do you think you won't be angry hearing someone talking bad to the one you love?" She snaps, and it honestly surprised Jaehyun. 

"Who is this woman?"

Jimin sighs, "I'm not in the mood." Just as the time she was about to walk away, she felt thin arms circling around her waist and Jimin felt like she couldn't breathe, this familiar scent. Oranges and coffee. "Minjeong?" She shakily asks, is it really Minjeong behind her? Jimin is dreaming right? "You shouldn't have done that, Jimin." Minjeong gently turns her around and gently takes both of her bruised hands above hers, the president can already feel her face getting hot at the small interaction. "I did what I have to do." Jimin mutters, her eyes currently focusing on Minjeong who is currently wiping her bruised knuckles gently with a wet tissue.

She can see the love in Minjeong's eyes, the girl's prettiest feature is always that expressive. And Jimin is already falling deeper and deeper.

"I like you Minjeong. And hearing that bastard talking bad things to you made me feel things I couldn't explain. I was scared, and hopeless." Jimin closed her eyes, out of all..she decided to confess now?! Stupid, stupid, stupid. She lets out a shaky breath when she feels the younger girl's hands pulling its way out of her hold. "Jimin...please open your eyes." Minjeong mutters, she immediately opened her eyes like she just woke up from a long term coma.

"I like you too Jimin. But that's not the priority right now, your clean record...it's now dirty because of me." Jimin immediately panics at the sight on Minjeong bowing her head so low, so she cups the girl's face with her hands. "I don't care Minjeong." She stares at her, taking in all of Minjeong. Her teary eyes, rosy cheeks and rosy lips. God, help Jimin for she have fallen in the infinite hole of love.

Minjeong looks at her, "But--" Jimin cuts her by placing a tender kiss on the shorter girl's forehead.

"I never knew love until I met you Minjeong. I love you and my pristine record, atleast I have you."

 

Notes:
Hey everyone! So this is the one-shot version of this story. Believe me, their interactions are just fragments on what I've planned :D. I really do hope I can write the whole book, but I have so many ideas in mind so I just made this up on the spot. Hehe, these are just timestamps and I'm planning to publish the full story of this haha.

Thank you for reading everyone!