your song

your song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There’s a man. Who loves you so much.
There’s a man. Who can’t even say I love you.
By your side, I put my hand out at a path where you can always reach me, who cherishes you more than myself, am with you."

 

Jihyo voluntarily closed her eyes as she heard the voice again. It was a song sung by a familiar voice that has been lingering inside her mind for a while now.

 

She took a deep breath, trying to clear her mind from the voice she heard earlier and to prevent the vivid memories of the catastrophic accident that she experienced months ago. The accident that almost took her life.

 

Everything is still clear to her.

 

She still remembers how she saw the heavy rain pour down that night. She still remembers how loud the thunder was, and how that sound started to scare her up to this day.

 

She still remembers how bright the headlights that she saw were before two cars collided with one another.

 

The sound of the ambulance's siren that fetched her from the accident scene also plays inside her mind once in a while every time she sees that type of vehicle. If only she can forget those things entirely.

 

"Are you alright?" Kwangsoo, her younger brother, asked.

 

She nodded. "Yeah. I'm okay."

 

"Do you need anything? I can get it for you. Or should I call over hyung?" Kwangsoo asked again, she just gave him a small smile.

 

"It's okay, Kwangsoo-ssi. He must be busy also."

 

"Arasseo. Just call me if you need help. I'll be outside. " She nodded as response.

 

After talking to Kwangsoo, Jihyo went inside her study room. It's just been two days since she returned to her house after staying for more than a month in the hospital.

 

It was indeed a miracle when she woke up from the coma she experienced. The impact of the car accident that experienced mostly damaged her head, causing her to lose her memories. The one which she cherishes the most.

 

In the study room, Jihyo saw her old paintings. They were simple, but they convey deep messages. Memories from her childhood; her hometown, Pohang; and even her favorite sceneries also started to return as she looked at them one by one.

 

She suddenly had an urge to paint when she saw a blank canvas on an easel. She took every painting material that she could find and started to paint as she hummed the song she heard earlier. It has a sad melody, it is a mysterious song for her since she doesn't even remember where she heard it before. But she surely finds it catchy.

 

Painting is a hobby that she's been doing ever before, she may not be the best at it, but it certainly helps her to clear her mind from the negativity around her and she also enjoys giving life to her imagination.

 

Happiness was also painted on her face as she looked at her finished work. "Perfect," Jihyo said in satisfaction. She brushed the final on her canvas before placing down the brush that she used.

 

After a while, she heard a knock on her room. It was Kwangsoo again. "Jihyo noona? It's me again, are you here?"

 

"Yes."

 

Kwangsoo slowly entered her room, "Are you feeling better now? Sorry if I keep on bothering you... hyung asked me to check on you again—" he paused for a while after noticing the painting behind Jihyo. "Oh, you finished a painting!"

 

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" She proudly showed her painting to Kwangsoo. It was a man, wearing a black suit, singing in front of an audience just as she imagined the voice she's been hearing. That man.

 

Jihyo was expecting she'll get a compliment from him, but she got a different reaction, a confusing one. Kwangsoo just stared at her painting, "What's wrong?" She asked him.

 

"Nothing, noona. It's beautiful." He smiled awkwardly at Jihyo, diverting his attention away from the painting. "Hyung already prepared our dinner." Kwangsoo changed the topic.

 

"Okay. I'll follow you outside. I'll just clean this up."

 

 

Kwangsoo was staying on the balcony of Jihyo's house when he heard someone knock on the glass door behind him. "Hey. Your food will get cold."

 

He opened the door slightly, "Mianhae, hyung..."

 

"Is something bothering you? Did you fight with your girlfriend?"

 

"Eyy, Insung hyung. Of course, I won't let that happen. I'm just thinking about Jihyo noona." Kwangsoo explained to his hyung, Insung. He took a moment to look at Jihyo who was currently eating at their dining table then he looked back at Insung.

 

Both of them had an agreement that they'll visit Jihyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter