Sunset

Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              I sat on our favorite meeting spot at the beach even though the chilly evening ocean breeze was slowly brushing on my skin. It was the 8th of August, our day. The memories came back as if it only happened yesterday. I clearly remember how happy we were before that day. I remember how much I love your smile. Your laugh always made my day. I remember how soft your hands were whenever you held my hand. I remember the warmth of your embrace. I remember you, the love of my life. 

              The day we met will always be a memory that I will cherish. I was just waiting for the bus to arrive when I saw you running towards the bus stop. Based on your messy hair and how worried you looked, you thought you were late for your bus. I remember how you smiled at me and started fixing your hair. I remember your voice and how cute you were when you suddenly blushed.

              "Hi. I-uh I was wondering if bus 5 came already?" 

               I was about to answer your question when I saw how your face lit up. I looked where you were looking and saw that the bus you asked about is slowly making its way to our bus stop. After that day, I always saw you waiting for the bus the following days. I never had the guts to ask for your name or even greet you a simple good morning. I was simply admiring you from afar. 

               I was walking home one night when I saw you with someone. You were both laughing and teasing each other before you entered a dance studio. That was the day I found out you dance. I wanted to get to know you. I wanted to see you dance, but I don't know how to introduce myself to you. We were strangers until that one rainy day. Unlike the previous days, I was running late so I ran to the bus stop. I saw you waiting for your bus with other people. The bus stop was crowded today and just my luck, it suddenly started raining. I opened my bag and looked for my umbrella but I couldn't find it. It started raining harder, but I couldn't feel the raindrops anymore. I looked above my head and saw an umbrella. I looked at who helped me and I saw you smiling.

              "Hi, I hope you don't mind. I didn't want to let you get wet from the rain."

              "Hi. Thank you! I really appreciate it. I think I forgot my umbrella at home."

              "I'm Seulgi. I don't know if you remember but I asked you about bus 5 a few days ago."

              "Oh yeah I remember you. Who could forget a pretty lady like you." 

               You started blushing which made you look so cute. You were so shy that you couldn't say anything else. I started thanking all the gods I knew for giving me the courage to say that. The bus was running late so we started getting to know each other. I found out that you're part of a dance crew and was training hard so you could have your own dance studio someday. After that day we became good friends. We would always hang out whenever we had time. You taught me how to dance and I taught you how to cook some simple dishes. 

               I can't forget the day you brought me to the beach for the first time. You told me that this is your favorite spot. The calmness of the place gives you peace and helps you think. How could I forget that day, when it was the day you finally confessed your feelings for me. 

               "Irene, I know we only met a few weeks ago but I need to tell you this before I explode. When I first met you, I immediately had a crush on you. How could I not when there's literally a goddess in front of me. I thought I had no chance because after that we never really talked. Thank god because you forgot your umbrella right? As I got to know you, I fell hard. I loved how passionate you are with the things you love to do. I love how caring and kind you are. I love how understanding you are and how patient you are with me. Your name suits you, Irene. You bring peace to wherever you go. Your eyes are so calming that I always end up getting lost in them whenever I look at you. What I'm trying to say is, Irene, I like you. Will you allow me to court you?" 

               All I could do was nod and hug you. We spent every hour we had together making memories we would cherish. You brought me to every place you love. We went to the arcade and you were adorable trying to get me a teddy bear. You were so happy when you finally got one.

               "Here. I got a bear for you so you could always remember me. Everyone told me I resemble a bear so here." I accepted the bear and kissed your cheek before I thanked you. I laughed at you because you froze. You didn't expect the kiss so I pinched your cheek. You were so cute for the rest of the night. 

               I was waiting for the day where you would bring me to the beach again. I was sure about my feelings for you. The day finally came. You were eating the sandwich I made when I said Yes all of a sudden.

               "Huh? What do you mean Yes? I didn't say anything." You said and continued eating your sandwich.

               I kept staring at you until you finally realized what I meant. You asked me if I was serious and told you I am. You suddenly stood up and started running while screaming that I finally said yes. You came back and sat beside me. We were watching the sunset and it felt like it was the right time. I looked at you and saw you were staring at me. I slowly leaned in and we finally shared our first kiss as a couple. To describe it as magical would be an understatement. I was overwhelmed and my heart kept beating fast. We were so happy that time. I thought it would last a lifetime. I thought you were the one I was meant to share the rest of my life with. I have always been fond of sunsets until that day. 

            

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter