Their Backstory

Infamous Immortals

They were considered infamous, but they never had horrible intentions. They never wanted to be in other people's business. They were fighting for their freedom.
 


 

The same day...

 


 

"Just, how did y'all survive?" Bora finds it difficult to form words when she hears the word "shot." After being hit by the Colonel's bullet from his favorite Desert Eagle gun, it's nearly hard to stay alive.

 

"Well, the Colonel is an ungrateful piece of who let us suffer for what felt like hours, and you wouldn't believe us if I told you we didn't 'impossibly' survive his shooting," Yubin states.

 

"Trust me, we wouldn't have lived if we were normal human beings. We're immortals. In fact, you've probably heard of the infamous JiU and Dami." Minji carefully explains to the bewildered soldier.

 

"You mean, you're them? The duo that people have told legends about?!" The two immortals nod at Bora, the latter noticeably having her brain comprehend the new information.

 

"Holy , we really got you, but why are you working with us and not laying low?" Bora asks again, perplexed as to why they're putting themselves in such danger.

 

"Easy answer? Mad people have been attempting to find and capture us, and the ing scientists want to know what's inside the two of us," Yubin says tragically, shaking her head.

 

"Ohh man, that makes sense 'cause you are the only immortals remaining on this planet. Must have been a rollercoaster ride for you two." Bora realizes, smiling sheepishly.

 

"We're too old but we don't look anything like a decomposed soldier. She's born in 1245 while I'm in 1242." Minji says, recalling that she and Yubin are both over 770 years old.

 

Bora wonders aloud, "Hold on, you guys were around during the bubonic plague?"

 

"We weren't in Eurasia at first but, we arrived there at the worst time." Yubin tragically answers, her face frowning while remembering what happened to her and Minji during the horrendous epidemic.

 

"That's honestly sad. But y'all weren't gonna die from that plague anyway." Minji looks down on the flooring after Bora says that, the traumatizing memories coming back to her.

 

"We almost died, actually. Someone saved us from meeting the unstoppable darkness." The deep voiced soldier replies, shifting closer to Minji, whispering something in her ear.

 

"Things didn't turn out well, and we nearly lost one of our fellow immortals due to the plague," She continues, mournful eyes on Bora as she lets out a breath she'd been holding.

 

They're not ruthless, they're fighting for their freedom. Their wounds simply stop healing one day, and they cease to exist. Sometimes, the only way to survive is to not get hurt.

 

Handong joins the conversation and says, "Tell me about the other immortals." Right, there she is, in charge of the helicopter. They're close to the base, so it'll only be a matter of time before they can't talk about themselves.

 

"There were five of us. We had the same goal of stopping everyone from hunting us down like we're prey." The oldest's answer brings a sense of nostalgia mixed with trauma to the both of them.

 

"What happened to the others?" The youngest (Handong) asks on first instinct. Both Minji and Yubin make eye contact with each other, using telepathy, making the decision to tell the long version of the story.

 

"Siyeon's one of our kind. We called her the Wolf. She was hella intimidating and frightening but a blockhead. We lost her during one of our missions." Minji's mind is clouded with memories of Siyeon in her final moments of life.

 

-

 

Someday during the mid-20th century...

 

"Y-you... Have to g-go..." Siyeon shoos Minji & Yubin away, knowing that this is where her life ends.

 

They couldn't handle letting Siyeon go and have their strong wolf rest in peace. They didn't want to cry a river and bury her underneath the ground.

 

Yubin retorts, placing pressure on the elder girl's severe stomach wound. "No! We ain't letting you perish in here with those goddamn rats!"

 

"I-I d-don't got... much t-time. G-get to Yooh a-and Gahyeon, and esc-cape this d-damned place..." Siyeon's loss of breathing alarms the two immortals. 

 

Yoohyeon and Gahyeon are out there, shooting whoever's coming in their way. Minji, who has been assigned to assist anyone who was hurt, has forgotten about the supplies.

 

"! There's nothing we can do to close her wound!" She whisper-shouts to Yubin, her face contorted with fear and apprehension.

 

"You've got stay strong for all of us!" The deep-voiced immortal begs and pleads, on the verge of tears.

 

"Where's the boss and the tree? They could fix this ing in an instant!" Minji frantically asks to Yubin, the clock ticking away.

 

Yoohyeon and Gahyeon don't even know how to deal with brutal and life-threatening wounds alongside injuries. Minji, Yubin, heck, even Siyeon knows that.

 

"They're preventing the others from capturing us! We can't just leave her here!" Yubin protests as she peers through the doorways.

 

"I'm s-sorry... T-tell G-Gahyeon that s-she'll make a wonderful gunner and..." Siyeon whispers, her eyelids visibly drooping as the seconds pass.

 

Minji retorts, "Just shut up and don't die on us Siyeon!" Said immortal becomes pale from blood loss. She weakly smiles at the two girls in front of her.

 

Minji orders, pointing to the correct doorway to go through. "Yubin, get to the two right now, please!" The aforementioned immortal dashes out the exits.

 

"I h-hope you will get t-the freedom y-you all deserve..." And those are the wolf's last words before losing consciousness.

 

"No!" exclaims the older, her head resting on Siyeon's shoulder, the latter's hand no longer clutching hers. Tears start to fall down her cheeks.

 

"The bastards are coming for us; we gotta get out of here or we'll get captured-"  Yoohyeon, Yubin, and Gahyeon all freeze at the sight of an unconscious Siyeon.

 

-

 

"Yoohyeon, taller than a tree. She's lanky but she was the strongest. Suffered the same fate as the wolf though." Minji continues, another memory of her fellow immortals flashing in her mind.

 

-

 

May 25, 2007...

 

"Enemies got reinforcements!" Gahyeon alerts the three, gesturing them to retreat from the battlefield.

 

Minji muses aloud, vaulting and climbing over dozens of objects in her path, "When will these motherers ever stop!"

 

Yoohyeon sees an incoming grenade in their direction, signaling her fellow immortals to move out of the way.

 

Yubin sees said grenade in the corner of her eye. Minji's about to step on it when Yoohyeon comes to her rescue and pushes her out of the way.

 

What happens next deeply traumatizes all of them. 

 

The grenade detonates with the force of a nuclear bomb. Except for one of the immortals, they feel the ground trembling. Minji looks for a certain Yoohyeon, but the former is unable to locate her.

 

Gahyeon comes to a halt, her gaze falling behind her on Yoohyeon, who is unmoving on the ground. She hurries back to check on the older immortal because she feels an endless flood of panic in her systems.

 

"! She's not mending!" Gahyeon informs the others. Remains of the grenade scar Yoohyeon's skin and it was getting worse. She's also excessively losing blood, too much blood.

 

"Not this again!" Yubin exclaims, remembering Siyeon's passing from dozens of years prior.

 

"We need to bring her to a nearby hideout!" She adds, staring at the wave of soldiers coming for them.

 

Minji tells everyone, "Those ers are going to get us if we stop running right now!"

 

Yoohyeon yells out in cruel torment, "W-we have to go!" Yubin then picks up the taller girl and carries her on her back.

 

"You're here to stay my friend!" Minji promises to Yoohyeon, running as fast as she could to escape the soldiers chasing them.

 

Minutes later...

 

"She won't stop bleeding!" Alerts the deep-voiced girl, noticing her hands stained with blood.

 

"It ing hurts..." Yoohyeon hisses, closing her eyes to to not see the damage done to her body.

 

"But you're the strongest, right? You can fight through this, Yooh." Gahyeon despairingly wants to believe that her best friend will make it.

 

"I don't think so... I feel too damn dizzy." Yoohyeon notes the nausea and her urge to fall into deep slumber.

 

"Minji what the are you doing in there?!" Yubin shouts to the oldest who's in the other room.

 

"I'm looking for the ing medkit!" replies the oldest, who is literally struggling to locate the medkit. She had completely forgotten about where she hid the medkit.

 

Yubin yells once more, "We're running out of time, so hurry up! Didn't you just put that in the closet?"

 

"Ahh , I did!" Minji suddenly remembers, the younger immortal instantaneously facepalming.

 

Yubin mutters beneath her cold breath, "What a ing ."

 

"I'm not making it..." Says Yoohyeon, who's coughing out blood.

 

"You are! Stop thinking of dying right now!" Gahyeon reminds Yoohyeon, too afraid to look at her suffering friend.

 

"I'm back, where do I ing begin?" Minji asks an enraged Yubin and a panicked Gahyeon, impatiently.

 

Gahyeon, Yubin, and Minji tried to convince Yoohyeon that she'll get over the pain. 

 

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Yoohyeon abruptly stopped breathing and closed her eyes.

 

(Minji failed to save another long-time friend of hers because of how ing stupid and foolish she was.)

 

Another immortal has disappeared from the face of the world. The three stare at the body on the table, confronted with the harsh and inevitable reality of immortals' existence.

 

Losing Siyeon to a nasty wound caused by guards and losing Yoohyeon from a grenade explosion. Who the was next, and why didn't they seem to be recuperating from the physical pain?

 

Yoohyeon gave her life to save them from being blown up by the lethal grenade, while Siyeon did everything she could to stop the guards from taking, and maybe, executing them.

 

The immortals aren't immortals that people have thought of. They're just special humans who have the ability to heal themselves from the worst things that happen to their bodies.

 

-

 

"Gahyeon... We don't know what happened to her after the explosion. She was Minji's favorite girl." Yubin's the one to answer, seeing Minji wiping away the stream of tears that were flowing nonstop.

 

-

 

May 25, 2010...

 

Three years have passed since Yoohyeon had her last breath, laying on a table with the trio fighting against the odds to save her. 

 

Minji's been blaming herself for being the one to cause Siyeon and Yoohyeon's deaths.

 

It didn't matter if she kept thinking about what had happened. Frankly, she has more issues to deal with. 

 

"I know how hard it is to feel that guilt you've been experiencing." Gahyeon says seemingly out of nowhere.

 

"Hear me out," Gahyeon says, placing one hand on Minji's shoulder and the other on the older's hand.

 

"You haven't been your usual self ever since she passed on." She stares at the vulnerable older girl, intertwining their fingers.

 

"You can't blame yourself for what happened. This is just our fate as immortals, supposed to be living on for eternity." Gahyeon points out. 

 

"Supposed" because the last part's a twisted lie.

 

"If I was you, I would've screwed everything up. You see, we can't bear seeing you being this deflated." She carefully leans closer to the older immortal.

 

"Minji, what I'm trying to tell you is that all of this isn't your fault." Gahyeon convinces Minji, and the latter lets out the pain she's been holding (no pun intended).

 

Gahyeon's left with no choice but to hug her friend. "You aren't the one who killed Siyeon & Yoohyeon and you didn't lead those s to almost capture us."

 

"Don't be terrified, and don't let your remorse change you into someone we no longer know," The younger immortal reminds. The possibility of that happening... It scares the both of them.

 

"I know it looks like I'm threatening you to let go, but I'm just trying to help you out. I'm hurt because you're hating yourself." The proof of her pain is right in front of Minji's watery eyes.

 

"I care for you, and I love you so much. You'll thank me for doing this for you, my dearest friend." Gahyeon lifts Minji's chin, the former planting a delicate kiss on the older's cheek.

 

"Don't tell Yubin about this." Gahyeon shifts to the side, faintly whispering to her older friend.

 

"What is it?" Minji manages to answer back, feeling her body shudder by the breath near her ear.

 

"You're also my favorite." Gahyeon smirk's so evident that the girl in front of her chokes on her saliva, coughing for who knows how long.

 

After wheeze laughing, the younger hands Minji a bottle of water. She then feels the latter's slaps of pure torture on her back and arms.

 

"Glad to know that but you didn't have to turn me o-" The older girl blurts out, not realizing what she just said.

 

Gahyeon devilishly grins at Minji, remarking that she's confirmed her suspicions of the latter being infatuated by her.

 

"Who's fallin' for what-" Yubin enters the room and immediately regrets doing so.

 

Well, that was totally awkward.

 

-

 

"You'd think Yubin or me'd be the smartest in the group. That's sort of true but our youngest was the one making the calls." 

 

-

 

September 23, 2010...

 

Gahyeon stares at the detonator in her hand as she says, "I'm planting the bombs."

 

"We ain't letting your body get dismembered in there from getting blown up by the explosion!" Minji worryingly fires back.

 

"There's no way all of us will be able to escape without making a damn sacrifice!" the younger counters. "I said I'm going in, planting the ing bomb, and hopefully walk out of here alive!"

 

"Shut the up Gahyeon! We can't afford to lose another immortal! You've been ing shot about thousands of times!" Yubin argues, remembering the many times Gahyeon got bullets sprayed at her.

 

"We need to blast this sooner than later! I made the call and I'm going in there!" Gahyeon is adamant about her decision.

 

Yubin hears a barrage of gunfire from a short distance away. "! Those scumbags are up to their old tricks!"

 

"G-Gahyeon?!" Minji looks for Gahyeon, and the two immortals find out that she has disappeared, triggerring the lethal bombs at that moment.

 

"Get the damn truck now or they'll shoot you!" The youngest yells through the radio.

 

"I promise, I'll find you guys once I escape from this threshold!" Says Gahyeon who has set up the bomb, at last.

 

Yubin and Minji ultimately sigh while entering the truck, realizing that this was the right thing to do. It just hurts them to witness one more possible loss of their fellow immortals.

 

The building demolishes to huge chunks of pieces. It's no doubt that Minji begins wailing and screaming the moment she hears the detonated bomb explode, as though World War III's about to happen.

 

Yubin tries her best to resist breaking down while driving away from the military and the bandits. Meanwhile, Gahyeon feels lightheaded from the hard concrete floor she hit her head on. 

 

She weakly scribbles on the floor with the blood on her arms, in the hopes that someone will find her. The last words she hears prior to seeing black is a familiar voice telling her that she's in good hands.

 

Gahyeon is stared at by a lanky figure and a wolf-like person, the former frowning at the abomination approaching them.

 

"Seems like the military's on our tail for the millionth time."

 

"Yeah, but no one can stop the five of us."

 

-

 

"We figured that she was most likely gone like the other two." Yubin continues after a long pause, having the need to recover from the trip down the memory lane.

 

"We're sorry to hear that." Handong truthfully says, noticing Bora's body language and how it seems like she's feeling the pain that the two have been dealing with for a really long time.

 

The air around the four drastically changes.

 

Gahyeon is a member of the task force, which they are unaware of. Soldiers dubbed her "Lucy" while wearing a ghost mask to conceal her identity. She's previously been dealt with by the four of them several times (during missions).

 

Gahyeon's aware that Minji and Yubin's in the same army as her. The youngest intends to meet with the two immortals as her true self.

 

She just needs to be at the right place at the right moment. Bora and Handong could undoubtedly help her in that regard.

 

Preferably a secluded location where nobody could see her. She already knows what kind of reactions Minji will have when she finds out that Siyeon and Yoohyeon are still alive.