Mess Daters

Mess Daters

  JK and V were cuddling in the living room. Jimin was sitting near them watching TV. It was one of a few days in which BTS was free. Hyung line was out for some shopping.

Jimin watched them and laughed for once but then he suddenly felt sad. He once wanted to date JK but could not do it. He could never ask JK just because he did not want to lose him as a friend. He was sad but he did not show it.

He said, “ I believe if I change the channel you guys will not mind.”

V said, “ no way.”

Jimin said, “well I can see you guys are busy somewhere more important than TV.”

They both laughed.

Jimin felt bored sitting in there, but he was hurt more than he was bored. He told them he was going for fresh air and left the room. He went on the roof. He stood there for a long time, thinking about what kind of situation he is. Then suddenly he heard a bang. He got scared and turned back. He saw V and JK standing with a party popper in their hand.

“Got good news,” JK shouted with joy.

“what is it JK, you scared me,” Jimin said with his smile and he played with JK’s fluffy hair.

“We are nominated at MAMA this year in several categories,” V said in his deep voice.

“That’s great. And this year we have worked very hard. Isn’t it guys.” Jimin said heartily.

Soon they were invited to MAMA. They all started practicing the performance for the MAMA. They all sank their teeth into the job. Days went briskly. At last, the day came.

They were allotted a table near Red Velvet’s table. Jimin had his back towards the table but he could hear cheering murmurs between Irene and Joy. He felt like he was being drawn into Irene’s innocent words.

BTS performed on stage. Their performance was so powerful that everyone watching praised them. When they came back to the table at the performance, Red Velvet welcomed them and commanded them. BTS thanked them. Jimin watched Irene especially, Irene also welcomed BTS and kept Jimin in his eyes. Members of both bands observed this eye contact dearly.

After the ceremony ended, Various groups stood together. BTS was standing in the center. Red Velvet came in, everyone passed, Jimin kept his eyes on the floors while everyone else greeted each other. Jimin heard Irene’s voice and he looked up. Irene was wearing a white dress. She looked breathtaking. Jimin observed her every step. Irene formally greeted everyone. But to Jimin, she passed a deep smile. Jimin was mesmerized by her stunning smile.

He kept looking at her, she passed by him and stood right by his side. Jimin was pleased and he could not hold his smile back. JK observed his smile and he smiled waywardly.

They all went back. When they were going back, JK started the discussion about Jimin’s smile when he looked at Irene. Everyone supported him. Jimin denied that there was nothing, saying,” It was just a formal smile.”

They all started teasing him. Jimin gave up on them. He sat there helplessly watching them teasing him. He was smiling at his fullest as usual but his smile had something new in it. Was it Love?

Jimin soon had a chance to meet Irene again. They were at a show, where they both met backstage. Jimin watched her and waved his hand in hi. Irene saw him and walked to him. Jimin got all shy when she reached him. He said Irene a hello with his cute smile. Irene replied.

Then she said, “ I guess you got the wrong time. Aren’t you early.”

Jimin replied, “oh now. I got the time right. it's just a habit to reach at the workplace earlier.”

Irene was amazed and she showed her amazing reaction instead of hiding it, “ wow, I also do the same.”

“Well I guess, I am not the only weirdo in this world.” Jimin laughingly said, “ actually my group members call me a weirdo for this thing.” he added innocently.

Irene laughed and said, “ I guess you have one now with you.”

They both laughed, and the makeup artist told them, “ they looked extremely stunning laughing together.”

Irene laughingly said, “shall we keep laughing together then?”

They all laughed at her statement. Jimin got all red and he cherished her statement too much.

During the show, the anchor praised their chemistry. He even asked Jimin to use a pickup line for Irene. Jimin first retaliated him but eventually, after a long and continuous demand he said,

“Irene, How do you spell ‘PRETTY’?”

Irene confusedly replied, “ easy, P-R-E-T-T-Y, isn’t it.?”

Jimin said smiling vividly, “ Nooooooo,” Irene looked more confused, so did everyone there and then Jimin said, “you spell it like… ‘I-R-E-N-E’. “ Irene screeched cutely and laughed with her whole heart, Jimin for a second got lost in this beautiful view and he captured this scene in his mind. Then he composed himself quickly. Everyone was laughing around him. But he knew his heart required one smile and that was of Irene.

The show ended in a pretty friendly manner. Irene and Jimin became very close till the end of the show. They promised to meet each other soon and bid each other a very warm farewell.

Jimin reached his dorm and everyone was ready to until he runs from their sites. Everyone started teasing him. Jimin saw JK laughing. He got drawn into his smile. He thought to himself “what am I doing, why am I being like that. Why I am not sure about my feeling.”

On the other hand, when Irene reached her dorm, a huge storm was there. Everyone there was mimicking Jimin, like No you spell it like I-R-E-N-E. haw haw haw. 

 

“And Irene was laughing with her best smile”. Joy added and everyone supported her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“She was being lovey-dovey on MAMA too,” Seulgi said.

“ No way, these are just formal working interactions. You guys are just exaggerating things.” Irene said innocently.

Yeri said cheerily, “I am waiting for you to announce that you are dating him.” and everyone laughed.

“you guys are mad.” Irene went to her room after saying this.

But she enjoyed the discussion. She thought about Jimin for a long time and she slept with sweet dreams. Jimin also shared the same feelings.

Jimin was not able to sleep. He inattentively messaged Irene. And when he realized what he had done, he tried to delete it. But he saw that Irene was typing.

Irene wrote, “hi, you are still up, it's late.”

Jimin replied, “ Oh yeah, you too are up.”

Irene said, “ I just faced a huge battle in my dorm.”

“Oh, are you hurt?” Jimin texted in hurry worriedly.

Irene laughed at his innocence. Jimin thought how foolish my text was.  Irene told him about the situation. He told Irene what he faced.

“ They both laughed at that and then Irene wrote, “ why don’t we go to sleep. Sweet dreams”

Jimin wished her good night and he went to sleep.

The next day Jimin woke up and the first thing he heard was a peal of huge laughter. All other members were standing around him. JK held a playing card saying, “Did you have sweet dreams, Irene is asking actually. Jimin asked what it was about and JK showed him his phone chat with Irene.

“ You Brat, how dare you to touch my phone, did I bring you up like that,” Jimin shouted.

“ Oh, yes Hyung you brought me up exactly like that.” JK made everyone else laugh with him. Jimin got lost in his smile and his heart ached. There was a competition going on between Irene and JK. He could not decide what he should do. And this made him sad. He wanted to be clear in his feelings. Namjoon got that something was off.

“ Hey Jimin, would you accompany me to the store, I gotta buy some things,” Namjoon asked Jimin in the afternoon.

“Yeah sure, let me grab my things real quick,” Jimin replied and ran to get his things.

On the way, Namjoon asked while driving, “ Is something going on your mind you would like to share?”

“ No, not much, just work,” Jimin replied casually.

“ If there is something you can discuss with me. I might prove helpful.” Namjoon said.

“ Hyung, I got a situation. I am in real trouble.” Jimin said, “ it is like… I had a crush on this one person for a long time and I could never say it. But now that I met Irene I am attracted to her more. I am just confused between these two. I don’t know what to do.”

“That person you liked earlier was not that serious, I guess. I can say this because it is not possible to have feelings for someone else if you love one person. So, I guess you like Irene more than that person. And I think she likes you too. Why don’t you just make a move.” Namjoon said to Jimin calmly.

“ Hyung what if she rejects me?” Jimin worriedly asked.

“She will never do that. She knows how good of a guy you are.” Namjoon encouraged him nicely.

“ Hyung I am saying if.” Jimin insisted on him if part.

“ Than what, at least you won’t regret that you didn’t ask her like you never asked your first crush.” Namjoon said it in a pretty casual way.” Jimin nodded his head as he had agreed to it.

On the other hand, Seulgi confronted Irene about her feelings about Jimin. She asked her to confess to Jimin. She said, “One does not find such opportunities again and again. So, why don’t you just confess to Jimin directly.” Irene just nodded her head and said nothing.
” This girl, she is elder but acts as kids.” Seulgi exclaimed.

The next day, finding it free, Jimin called Irene to check if her day was free.

Jimin: “Hi”

Irene: “Hello.”

Jimin: “How are you?”

Irene: “I am fine and you?”

Jimin: “Oh I am well.

Awkward silence on phone and then Jimin said, “actually I wanted to know if you had time today.”

Irene: “ Oh yes, I was going to ask you for a meetup too. That’s great.”

Jimin: Okay let's meet then.”

They both decided on a place and went at the same time.

They both spent time and had an appetizing lunch.

Then at the same time, “ I had something to tell you.”

“Oh you first,” Jimin abruptly said.

“ No, no it's okay, you can go first,” Irene said and encouraged Jimin to speak.

“ No, Ladies first.” Jimin smiled and said.

“ well, okay then,” Irene said. “ I don’t know about it much. I gave it thought last night. I wanted to meet you and tell you about my heart. I know it's not much time since we first met in person. But I don’t want to lose this opportunity and I just wanted to say to you that I like and would you like to go out with me, please.?”

Jimin could not believe his ears. He was startled and he started blabbering, “ No, no… no …. uh I mean yes… I mean ……”

“Jimin you can take your time, there is no hurry, you can think it out and we can discuss it later, hmm?” Irene hurriedly cut him and said.

“No, no, what I meant was yes. I would of course go out with you. I just wanted to say that I called you out today to ask you out. So I should have asked you.” He said fast. “I like you. Like too much, like I had a huge crush on you since day one, like day one. A grand crush you understand, big crush, big like a dinosaur….. I can’t explain you….”
Jimin was going on when he suddenly heard Irene’s huge laughter. She was shining and was laughing so beautifully that Jimin got lost in it.

“What I mean is I like you too much.”. Jimin said while coming out of her smile.
” Well I can see that,” Irene started teasing him. “ By the way Jimin, I always heard rumors that you are a big flirt, but now I see they were just rumors without any fact. Isn’t it”

“ Irene please….” Jimin started saying but he was stopped when they both heard very loud hooting.

They saw all BTS and Red Velvet members laughing loud.
”Our kids are out on a date.” Namjoon and Seulgi said at one time.

And everyone else laughed.

“How are you here?” Irene and Jimin asked at the same time.

“Oh us.” Namjoon started saying, “well the thing is that I and Seulgi are close friends. So we decided to make you both go out, you lost and confused lovers. And as you can see we were quite successful.”

“Okay now we have to deal with all of them too, “ Jimin said in Irene’s ear and she replied out loud, “ our very first date is a mess.”

Everyone burst out in laughter.

The laughter faded for a moment but a couple shined forever.