That's One Less Loose End

Prologue : One Less Loose End

April 19, 2016...

 


 

"I've got you Yubs, hang on!" Minji urgently says, trying her absolute best to haul them out of their current situation. Grenades and gunfire are blowing off Yubin's ears, and they're both frightened.

 

"We need ing backup! Yubin's in critical condition!" Minji yells over her radio, proceeding to fire at the approaching enemy soldiers. Yubin endeavors to shoot with her pistol before nearly passing out.

 

"Come on Yubin, get up!" Minji gets in position to help her wounded teammate out, carrying the younger soldier to the spot closest to the copter landing. Seconds later, the helicopter finally shows up.

 

The Colonel's thankfully (unfortunately) there, waiting for the two of them.

 

"Do you have the DSM?" Their Colonel asks, slowly walking out of the helicopter opening. 

 

"Yes sir!" Minji basically shouts at this point, time conflicting with her and Yubin. The latter is 'dying' and may not stay awake if she doesn't get the necessary help as soon as possible.

 

"Good. That's one less loose end." Those are the Colonel's last words before shooting both Yubin and Minji on their chests. The two fallen soldiers get blood coloring their visions.

 

The Colonel stoops down close to Minji, takes the DSM alongside the intel, and walks away like the two soldiers didn't just get bloodied by the revolver's bullets. The latter darkly chuckles.

 

"We're not going to make it, aren't we..." Yubin feebly mumbles out, using the remaining energy that she barely has to face her other soldier in a similar spot as her, their chests bleeding from bullets.

 

"This is all there is to it." And those're the last words by Minji before she and Yubin succumb to their deaths, their bodies gradually burning to remains with the blazes brought about by their fellow soldiers.

 

They thought their team had gone somewhere, but they lost themselves in the process. However, this was just the very beginning of the biggest mystery in the history of the modern warfare.

 

Several minutes later, the helicopter's long gone. Minji suddenly feels herself move. Still on the ground with the flames mixed with gasoline tormenting her skin, she remains still to hear what's going on at that point.

 

Yubin's back in the game as she faintly groans in annoyance. That was some top notch act they pulled off.. Scanning her surroundings, Yubin notices that the helicopter had vanished.

 

"Damn, they really left us hanging or more like, burning in this accursed gasoline they just threw. This is ing grimmy." Yubin comments, seeing that her bleeding chest is healing.

 

"Assuming the others learn about this, they'll possibly ing lose it and urge everybody to go get Colonel and his team or they'll arrange some execution on us." Minji murmurs, hearing a bullet tumble from her chest.

 

Gathering their strength, the two of them sit up, coughing out the dust in their systems. They both hear static noises coming from the tactical radios, their senses reactivating in a flash.

 

"Where're you guys at?! Helicopter's gone and we haven't heard from you! What the just happened with the DSM too!" Bora's voice booms, almost destroying the two soldier's ears.

 

"What were we supposed to do when Colonel shot us in the ing chest, pouring filthy gasoline then burned us in seconds?" Yubin's groggy voice astonishes the immortal sititng beside her.

 

"Thank the heavens they didn't bury us in that . Y'all gotta give us credit for delivering the intel with the DSM while dealing with those motherers!" Minji adds, rage evident in her voice.

 

"You guys got ing what?!" The officer on the other line states in dismay. Yubin fails to remember that not even one of them have at any point revealed about their immortality. Her eyes widen, looking at Minji.

 

"How're we explaining that we're immortals to all of them?" The younger frantically whispers. Minji only shrugs, not knowing how to answer the younger soldier's important question. 

 

"We'll talk about what happened if you guys rescue us from this empty warzone! We're near the landing spot of the helicopter!" Minji fretfully demands, gazing at the said spot.

 

"We're coming! Hold tight just for a tad bit!" Handong guarantees, hints of helicopter blades topping off her sudden quietness and Bora's. The thing is, the latter's been shockingly quiet subsequent to hearing "shot".

 

The line goes dead. Yubin and Minji stare at the sky loaded up with smoke of red flares. The former believes its a good thing however it actually causes her to feel uncomfortable for odd reasons. More likely than not been the frenzy.

 

"They took all of our weapons." Yubin says, her Type-25 rifle, Renetti pistol, and her karambit are all missing. Who the hell uses a karambit? You're not doing a stealth mission, Yubin.

 

"If anyone finds us, we'll just play dead." The first thing that comes to Minji's mind is what she answers. She gets a hard slap by Yubin to her shoulder, resulting in her half-cackling.

 

"And what if they bring the both of us to places we don't know?" The deep voiced soldier asks once more, sort of overreacting on account of the open region that they're settling at.

 

"Stop overthinking my friend! It isn't like some mad soldier would see us laying in the middle of a battlefield." The older tries to calm her teammate down, attempting to rub her back.

 

"You know, I'm grateful to have you with me on this mission, even though we nearly died about 15 times trying to get the real DSM and intel." Yubin looks at her teammate, smiling for the first time in a while.

 

"Don't mention it." Minji's response has Yubin burst out chuckling in view of the multifaceted nuance. The latter's the one getting slapped now, flinching then pretending to whine in pain.

 

Yubin and Minji are glad that they're paired for the difficult missions. Perhaps, it truly isn't that awful going through some serious hardship and even if they're stowing away their immortal identities from everybody.

 

Several minutes of silence later, both soldiers hear a helicopter coming their way. They sigh in relief, knowing that they're finally going back to the base after all of that wild occurred.

 

"So, do we explain from the start or do we give them the shortest version of the story?" Yubin wonders, getting paranoid from what could happen with them and the rest of the team.

 

"I'm sure they'll bombard us with 10,000 questions like how we got here, how we endured 'The Black Death', for what reason we're with them, and the list goes on." Minji looks at the younger.

 

"But, I'd rather not waste their time telling the whole thing than to remember all the terrible things the world had done to us." The former stands up from the ground, holding Yubin's hand with hers.

 

"After ten thousand years, they're here." Yubin looks at the helicopter landing in front of them, a smile making its way on her face again. The soldiers watch as the helicopter makes its descend.

 

"Let us in before you guys pose us a quadrillion worth of questions!" Minji shouts to Bora and Handong, and Yubin chuckles nervously, her hands apparently shaking, and she gets sweaty.
 

"Ahh what the !" Yubin shouts, remains of more bullets coming out of her chest & mouth. All things considered, that is excruciating. Minji and Bora take a glance at her in shock (the latter has her jaw dropping to an unthinkable low).

 

"Yeah, we'll definitely talk about that in a bit." Minji rubs the back of her neck before walking to Yubin, who's still spitting out the shards of copper bullets, getting her to follow towards the helicopter.