intro.

horizon

 

 

note: everything I am writing is PURE FICTION and NOT associated with reality.

 

 


                       Speranza Emilia Magdangal y Trinidad, she was known as 'Luna' during her younger years, having it given to her by her superiors during her young age as her nom de guerre, the reason being that her notable actions were scouting during the night time along with her brother and Julio Bautista, having the eyes of an owl, and war tactic contributions.

 

 

                       During the revolution, she was dubbed as the successor of Apolinario Mabini, the brain of Revolution, which she found absurd. She was nowhere near the great Prime Minister to be his successor or anything. She was a Trinidad, someone who came from a family of Architectures in Pampanga until General Jose Alejandrino, whom she knew as her uncle, came into the picture.

 

 

                       Due to his influence to her, she joined the revolutionaries at a young age, got personally taught by Gen. Emilio Jacinto, in rare occurences, along with her brother who was at first reluctant with joining the revolutionaries but was persuaded. She continued on communicating with her uncle who was in Spain. 

 

 

                       From a simple soldier, to a young Captain and the highest rank a woman could probably have, being a Colonel at a young age of barely 20...she found everything absurd and funny.

 

 

                       She joined many battles, mostly in Pampanga and Tarlac until the year of 1899, she, along with Gen. Jose Bustamante, Maj. Julio Bautista and Capt. Patricino Salvador marched to the North and joined the other troops in falling back and defending the supposed to be great President Aguinaldo.

 

 

                       "Sa tingin mo ba, may pag-asa na makababa tayo sa mga pamilya natin? matagal na rin tayong nandito." she heard some of her countrymen utter as she stood a few distance from them, staring at the far-end south land along with Patrocino who was blabbering about celebrations.

 

 

                       Indeed, is there hope?

 

 

                       It's been past a year since they left Tarlac, since the death of General Del Pilar in Tirad Pass and the setbacks his untimely and unfortunate death caused. They lost not only him but also Col. Vicente whom Emilia had taken notes from.

 

 

                       After all, he and the late General were far more experienced compared to her.

 

 

                       "Gutom na ako, Koronel." Patrocino whined. "Kanina pa tayo nagmamanman dito, mukhang wala namang darating, at isa pa maaari ka rin namang mag talaga ng mga tao dito, bakit kailangan tayo pa mismo?"

 

 

                       The female Colonel looked down at her friend who grabbed his hat before shaking her head and squinted her eyes. He was right anyway, they've been there for hours, staying on guard just in case. She learned from what happened in Tirad pass, just because they were on the mountains doesn't mean they are safe.

 

 

                       "Tsk, mukha bang may tiwala ako sa mga sundalo natin?" That was offending, she knows, and she wanted to offend everyone so she didn't care if anyone other than Patrocino heard her. "Huling beses na nag tiwala ako ay anong nangyari? napa-atras lang tayo lalo ng mga Amerikano."

 

 

                       "Ah, 'yung mga sundalo bang mga nagsitakbuhan paalis sa mga pwesto nila?" Patrocino snickered, having a flashback play in his mind. "mga duwag, naalala ko nga nung kinuha sa'yo ng Heneral 'yung baril mo."

 

 

                       Of course she does too, it was a rare occurrence, her bringing out her revolver and pointing it to her fellow soldiers. 

 

 

                       "Mag susundalo tapos kapag nilagay mo sa labanan, tatakbo palayo na parang mga kambing." She scoffed. "Parang mga bata."

 

 

                       She sat down beside her close friend, discarding her hat as she remembered the words of Mabini before they left, that Filipinos are children whose enthusiasm swells but as fast as it came, is also its disappearance.

 

 

                       She wanted to believe that her countrymen are worth the glory and honor, but really, does a person who forgets their duties on unexpected occurrences worth the praises, glory and honor?

 

 

                       Choosing comfort over dignity, choosing to befriend the same people who took the lives of her comrades.

 

 

                       Choosing to have peace that they insist is freedom but in reality was nothing but alike to slavery.

 

 

                       Emilia, since the death of Gen. Luna, was fully convinced that the revolution was going nowhere.

 

 

                       "Emilia?"

 

 

                       She turned her head to face the man who was frowning.

 

 

                       "Ano nga ulit ang sinabi mo?"

 

 

                       "sabi ko, hindi ba ay balak mo rin na bumalik sa Tarlac para sa kasal nung anak ni Don Santiago, ano nga ulit ang pangalan niya? ah! si Isabel."

 

 

                       "Oo." She answered, but she knew it was impossible because she can't just leave her comrades and the President here. After all, no matter how much she despises them, she is a soldier and as taught by her uncle, she shouldn't leave and neglect her duties.

 

 

                       "Subukan mo kayang kausapin ang Presidente? Siguro naman ay papayag siya, ilang beses na rin namang naging matagumpay ang mga plano mo pagdating sa depensa laban sa mga Amerikano at espiya."

 

 

 

 

                       When she first stepped into President Aguinaldo's current office, she didn't think that he would grant her wish to leave and have a short break to visit her family, and of course Tarlac.

 

 

                       "Pasasalamat na rin dahil sa patuloy mong serbisyo at katapatan sa akin, atsaka, regalo na rin sa kaarawan mo noong nakaraan."

 

 

                       Now she's here, half a day already in the open fields with both Julio and Patrocino following her tracks. The President granted her a break that she could spend in ways she want as long as she comes back before the week ends. 

 

 

                       "Kalayaan mula sa bundok!

 

 

                       "Punyeta ka Patrocino!" She cursed, startled at the sudden scream of her friend. 

 

 

                       Patrocino only laughed. "Diretso na ba tayo sa mansion ng mga Belarmino?"

 

 

                       "Umuwi kayo sa pamilya niyo, mga tanga." Emilia snickered. "Magkita na lamang tayo sa simbahan ng San Diego, alisin ninyo ang mga uniporme ninyo, tandaan ninyo na kilala kayo ng mga Amerikano."

 

 

                       "Tandaan mo rin 'yan, lalo ka na, Koronel ka. Tingin ko nga ay pagbalik natin sa Isabela, i-aangat ka sa ranggo ng Heneral ng mahal na Presidente." Julio pat his friend on her shoulder, brushing off the dust from her sleeve as well. "Ikaw na siguro marahil, sa historya ng Pilipinas, ang nag-iisang babaeng Heneral kung mangyayari 'yon." he beamed with pride.

 

 

                       "Pumunta ka na nga sa bayan niyo." Emilia shooked her head and slapped away Julio's hand. "Basta, pakiusap lang, mag iingat kayo."

 

 

                       "Siyempre naman, Heneral." Julio gave her a teasing smile.

 

 

                       She shrugged it off with laughter, continuing on conversing with her friends as they rode back to the cities that first heard their cries.

 

 

 

 

characters:

 

Winter - Speranza Emilia Magdangal y Trinidad

Soobin - Immanuel Julio Burgos y Bautista

Lee Know - Patrocino Cervante y Salvador 

Karina - Francisca Isabel Cuenca y Belarmino