You & I

You & I

"One iced americano, please" he asked while rummaging his pocket, looking for money.

"Choi Minho?" Upon hearing his name being called by too familiar sound, Minho's head snapped upward.

"Kim... Kibum?"

"Hi! Fancy meeting you here." Answered the other boy with the same smile that Minho missed so much.

"So, one iced americano for you, anything else?" Minho is still shocked by the turn of event, he didn't realized he is staring to Kibum right now.

"Hey! Minho-ya!"

Minho is suddenly awake from his trance, after Kibum swaying his hand in front of his eyes.

"Oh sorry, what did you say again?"

Kibum letting out a tired sigh,

"What else can I get you?"

"Oh, only iced americano, thank you."

While Kibum is busy processing his order, Minho's mind flying back to his high school time, when he had Kibum by his side.

He still remembers how Kibum smile, how his lips tastes, how warm his hug was.

He also remembers his nagging, his passion, how their egos clashed each other. How, at the end of the story, Kibum left him.

 

"I'm sorry but let's stop seeing each other. We are not working." That's what Kibum said.

But Minho knows better. Kibum has stopped loving him and start loving another man instead.

"Okay" that's what his responses was eventough he is broken inside. Kibum smiled at Minho, holding his hand tight.

"Maybe we are not meant to be in this lifetime. Maybe, in the next lifetime we could work. Thank you Minho-ya, and I'm sorry."

 

"Here's your iced americano. Enjoy!" Kibum yet again breaking Minho from his trance.

"Thank you! Umm.. Kibum-a... are you.." but Minho couldn't finished his sentences. His eyes caught something sparkling in Kibum's ring-finger. Kibum rises his eyebrow, waiting.

"Ah, nevermind! Well, gotta go Kibum-a, nice to meet you!"

"Great to see you, Minho-ya!"

And as Minho is about to leave the coffe shop, Kibum called him. Minho turns to face his first love,

"Not in this lifetime, Minho-ya. Maybe in the next lifetime?" Then Kibum smiled warmly and it is enough to ease Minho's mind.

Minho nods, knowing that Kibum understand the unfinished sentences.

Highschool sweetheart will never works out anyway.

Reaching the door, Minho accidentally bumps into someone.

"Oh I'm sorry!"

"Jinki hyung?"

"Oh yeobo, you already come?" Kibum voice echoed in Minho's ears.

"Minho-ya?" Jinki's tone of surprise caught Minho off guard.

"Nice to meet you here hyung!" Minho gives his high school senior his widest smile, pat his shoulder and whisper to him,

"Take care of him..."

Jinki looks at Minho straight in the eyes,

"I always do." Then, Jinki showing his signature crescent smile that Minho used to hate so much.

'So, highschool sweetheart does work out after all' Minho thought.

Walking out from the shop, he didn't even bother to look back. Reaching for his phone, Minho pushes the speed dial,

 

"Hey, Taemin-a! Are you home? Can I come over?"