Hide-and-Go-Seek

Cold Hearts

 Yoona's POV

I stayed silent, as Jessica walked away. I quietly started to gather my things and motioned for Yuri to do the same.

So I was right. Sica likes Jinki.

Aish. This isn't good. Leave it up to Jessica to help someone, even though it'll break her own heart. Sica's the type of person that is super duper nice, but has this huge wall around her.

 I cleared my throat and stood up. "Yul and I'll go find Jessica and talk to her. In the mean time, don't do anything to make her upset, okay?"

As I started walking, I stopped and turned around and said,"Especially you, Lee Jinki."

When Yuri and I were out of the Cafeteria, we made a plan: Yuri goes and checks the garden and library, while I go and check the music room and the computer room. We decided to meet at the big fountain in front of the garden.

 I started to run to the music room, but when I got there, no one was there. Only instruments and mikes. Next, I headed for the computer room, because Sica loved to go online and listen to music.

 When I opened the door to that room, all I saw where a couple of students on Facebook. I slammed the door and ran outside. Maybe Yuri found her.

While I was waiting for Yul to come back, I took out my Blackberry Touch, and texted Jessica.

To: Sica aka My BFF (:

Where are you? Please answer, Jessi! Yul and I are out of our minds with worry! Where are you! We aren't playing Hide-and-Go-Seek! Tell me where you are! Jessica, I'm serious. I know you like Onew. I understand, okay? Just tell me where you are!

 After a few minutes, Yuri ran over to the fountain, looking very tired. I looked at her, hopefully, but she shook her head.

Aish! Where is this girl?!  Then I remembered something from the past. Our very first year in SNU (Seoul National University).

******************************************************************************************************************************

Flashback

 "Yoona ya! Come with me! I found this really peaceful place!" Sica said.

I walked over to her. And we made our way to the roof. I was confused at the time.

 "Sica ya, why are we going to the roof? I mean, there's going to be nothing there. It's just a roof." I asked.

Jessica ignored me and opened the door to the roof. I felt my jaw drop. This place was beautiful!

It had a small pond, a small fountain with a statue of a pelican in the middle, with various flowers, plants, and trees around it. Any and every type of plant was in here. From water lilies to oak trees. It was just a fairytale setting.

 "A secret garden on the roof," I whispered.

Sica nodded and sat on the grass. "Whenever we are sad, anxious, or just want to come here, let's come here, okay? I know I will."

I sat down next to her and said,"So will I. This'll be our secret hideout."

**********************************************************************************************************************************

 "Of course!" I yelled.

 "Yul, follow me!" I told her.

We started to run up the stair to the roof. Finally, we came to the end.

I twisted the doorknob and pushed. My eyes searched wildly for the missing Ice Princess.

I saw her sitting down with her head on her knee, and I knew, it was exactly the same spot we sat when we first found this place.

Yuri and I walked over to her, and sat down next to her. We gave her a big, long hug. After quite some time, she looked at us and smiled.

 "Remember the first time we came here, Sica? You told me you would be here when you were feeling sad, anxious, or-"

 "when we just wanted to come here." She completed.

We all shared a laughed. Then, Yuri pouted and said,"How come I didn't know about this place? Am I that much of a stranger to you guys?"

 Sica and I laughed and said,"Of course not! You'll always be our troublemaker, Black Pearl!"

Yuri pouted again, while Jessi and I laughed.

 "It's not funny, you know?" She told us.

 "It's... pretty... funny..." Sica said between breaths.

After we settled down a bit, I asked Sica,"Why didn't you tell us you liked him, Sicachu?"

Yuri nodded. "We could have helped you know. Even the guys would have helped."

 Jessica scoffed and said,"Yeah, right, like I'm the type of person that would go around telling people who I like."

 "We know you're not that type of person, Jessica, but we're your best friends. You can tell us anything." I told her.

She nodded. "I know, but I didn't think he'd like Tiffany. You guys know how much I can't bear to have my friends sad. I would rather be sad myself, than let my friend be sad. Besides," she gave us a small, sad smile,"it's for the best. Tiffany likes Onew, and he likes her back. Who am I to step between them?"

 When she said that, I realized just how much Jessica cares for us. Just how loyal she is. And right then, I knew, that I couldn't have had a better friend than her.

"Sica, you know that Onew's going to ask her out, right?" asked Yuri.

 I kicked her leg, and glared at her, and mouthed 'Not now.'

 "Yeah, I know. Looks like our Jinki is going to get a girlfriend!" She said "happily".

I gave her a sad look. "You don't have to act happy in front of us, Jessica."

 Yul knodded and said,"We know you want to cry, so cry. We don't mind."

After Yuri said that, Jessica started to crumble down. She started to sob so hard, the grass became wet, but Yuri and I didn't care. We just hugged her and soothed her, not saying a word.

When Jessica finally stopped crying, she looked at Yuri and me and gave us a hug. "You guys are the best friends anyone could ever ask for. I love you guys."

Yuri and I laughed and hugged her back.

 "Don't tell me that the Ice Princess is melting! Is she really going mushy?" I teased.

Jessica broke off her hug and glared at me. "Not a chance, Missy. Don't even think about it."

 Yuri laughed at us and said,"Now that that's over, we should get to class. We're late."

Jessica, Yuri, and I stood up and started down the stairs. Even though she looked happy now, I knew that Jessica is breaking inside. I sighed.

 "Just don't ever, play Hide-and-Go-Seek with us anymore, Sica. You are the queen of that game." Yuri begged her.

Jessica just laughed and said,"Maybe."