11:59

Time Again

Pick one.

 

The blue crystal or the red crystal.

 

The blue allows you to go back to the past and the red allows you to go to the future.

 

My poor child.

 

To have your decision made for you.

 

Open your eyes for this is the ending of it all.

 

?? : ?? 

 

Minhyun stared at the rundown buildings, the bleak skies and dusty air. This was the future they had witnessed. Their deaths. And the world's. Except they were too concerned with their own deaths to realise that they weren't the only ones dead.

 

"Everything is gone."

 

"Everything is no more."

 

"Just as we saw."

 

"Exactly... Like we saw."

 

Minhyun looked to his sides where his brethren laid dead. Nothing but peaceful sleeping corpses.

 

This was the ending they had picked all along. The timeline didn't change. Everything was set in motion the moment Jonghyun and Aron worked together to change their future. In the end, this was the future it led them to.

 

"The irony...," Minhyun whispered before he finally broke into soft sobs. He pulled his hand out from his pocket and looked at the gleaming blue crystal. "Oh, your benevolence, is this how you test us? How... You challenge me? For if it is, I will accept it. Take me. And whatever is left of me. Return to me what you have taken. Even if I... Have to disappear. If this is the game you're playing, I won't lose."

 

He lifted his hand and crushed the blue crystal, releasing its powers.

 

12. 45

 

"Jonghyun, just listen to me. Doing this won't change anything!"

 

"Just get in the pod!"

 

"Even if you hurt Dongho, this won't change the future!"

 

"Don't test my patience. I know you lov-" 

 

No.

 

Again.

 

12 : 35

 

"Listen to me, Aron. If we do this, the future that we saw will be determined."

 

"No, this will change it... I already discussed this over with Jonghyun. We will alter the timeline by doing this."

 

"No, listen to me! This won't change anything."

 

"Minhyun..."

 

"Why aren't you listening to me?"

 

More.

 

There has to be a way.

 

12 : 20 

 

"Dongho, stay close to me."

 

"Huh? Why?"

 

"I can't have you falling."

 

"Sheesh, like I would fall down. I'm not dumb."

 

"No, you're not but-"

 

The arrow struck behind them and Minhyun tried to pull them back but instead they both plunged downwards instead.

 

Again.

 

12 : 00

 

Again.

 

11 : 50

 

One more time.

 

10 : 00

 

9 : 00

 

8 : 00

 

"Minhyun?"

 

"Huh?" He looked up wearily at Dongho's worried face. "Sorry. What did you say?"

 

"Your face... You're losing color in your face. Are you alright? You look sick," Dongho said worriedly and placed his hand on Minhyun's forehead. He flinched from how cold Minhyun felt as if he was stuck in the tundra for hours. "You need rest, Minhyun. We can go and find them later."

 

"No... No. We need to stop them... We need to... If we don't... If we..." Minhyun stumbled into Dongho's arms and wondered why he felt so tired. His body didn't want to move and it took all he could just to keep himself awake. Was this the effects of changing the timeline constantly? Was this why they weren't allowed to do it? Minhyun didn't know but he didn't care at this point. It was all just a mean joke. Time.

 

"No, just rest."

 

Dongho laid him in bed and Minhyun grunted, grasping onto Dongho's shirt.

 

"Please... Stop them. If we don't... We will all... Die."

 

"Minhyun, just rest. You're like a ghost now," Dongho said while patting his head gently.

 

"No... This is important! Don't let them... Don't."

 

Minhyun clutched the blue crystal in his hand. One more time. He had to. He had to fix this. Go back.

 

Go back.

 

GO BACK.

 

00 : 00

 

"Don't do it."

 

"Huh?"

 

Minhyun stood in front of Jonghyun who was about to open the time warp but was stunned to find Minhyun appear in front of him.

 

"You can't... This will doom us all. Just like you didn't want it. This is all a test, Jonghyun."

 

"What are you talking about, Minhyun?" Jonghyun whispered, trying to play it off as a joke.

 

"I know what you're about to do and I know you and Aron think you have it all planned out. But you don't. This is why that future happens. This is what makes it happen."

 

"How did you know about Aron..."

 

"You used the pods to put us to sleep. But it had devastating results instead. I don't know if it's our fault... But... Everything died. Including us."

 

"Min-" Jonghyun caught him mid fall and gasped at how Minhyun seemed to be white as paper. Every part of him was cold.

 

"Don't do it... Promise me..."

 

"What's happening to you?"

 

"Just don't...."

 

Minhyun closed his eyes.

 

"Minhyun? Minhyun! Minhyun, wake up!"

 

"What's going on?" Aron asked, putting down his bow.

 

"It's Minhyun. We need to get him to the doctor."

 

01 : 50

 

"Any news?" Dongho asked, brows furrowed as Jonghyun walked out from the medical center. He shook his head.

 

"No... They don't know what's wrong with him. It's like he fell into a coma... And just won't wake up."

 

"Jonghyun, how did he know what we were going to do?" Aron asked and Jonghyun shook his head.

 

"I don't know... But he told me not to do... As if he knew..."

 

Dongho gritted his teeth and slammed his fist against the wall. "Why... Why did this have to happen?!"

 

"Calm down, Dongho."

 

Mingi hadn't said a single word since they made it to the hospital. He looked up at them trying to comfort Dongho and decided to leave. Brandishing his bow in hand, he opened the time warp and stepped in. He froze at the sight of the bridge. There were cracks everywhere and the red lines were all in disarray. Whatever Minhyun had done, it had caused the timeline to break. Maybe it was for the better, he told himself. Maybe Minhyun had sacrificed himself to make everything better. This way, they wouldn't die in the near future anymore, right? Something stirred in Mingi's chest as he thought about what Jonghyun had told them regarding Minhyun's words.

 

"Mingi?"

 

He turned to find Aron stepping into the time warp he had left open.

 

"Hyung."

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"I've had enough," Mingi said.

 

"Huh? Of what?"

 

"Of this," he said and sighed. "It was fun while it lasted but... I think we have done enough."

 

"Mingi? What are y-Mingi!" Aron gasped as Mingi threw the bow and arrows down into the abyss.

 

"I'm done. If this is the reason why Minhyun will be taken from us, then this is my reply. I'm not doing anything for the timeline anymore. It can screw itself all it wants. I want no part of it anymore. From today onwards, I'm living the way I want!" Mingi said and walked out from the time warp. Aron couldn't stop him, didn't want to.

 

"Sorry but I have to agree with Mingi too... It was fun and all but it's enough..." With one last look, Aron threw his bow and arrow away too.

 

03 : 39

 

Dongho sat beside Minhyun, holding his cold hand tightly. His bow and arrow forgotten at home. He just sat there.

 

Waiting.

 

And waiting.

 

Waiting.

 

08 : 00

 

"It was all just a test."

 

Jonghyun put down his bow, replaying Minhyun's words again and again in his head. He knew the others had already threw their bows away except Dongho who couldn't be even bothered by it anymore and Minhyun who was in a coma. He squeezed it tightly. What would happen after he lets go too? This was all they had. This was what kept them together all these years. Going around the timeline, watching each other's back, working together to fix and keep the timeline straight. Those were the fun times but those were also the dangerous times because they never knew if they were all going to make it back our alive. There was always that risk factor and maybe, like Mingi had said, enough was enough.

 

There had to be a limit. A time for them to stop. A time where they can finally say its theirs and there was no need for them to do anymore fixing. 

 

A time to move on.

 

And so he put his bow away.