Chapter 1

Love life and Strawpips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you all ready for your two weeks away?"

 

"I'm not so sure about this Lay. I mean I need to work and keep busy" Chanyeol pushes his last few documents across the table that need to be finalized.

 

"Chanyeol there is keeping busy and there is avoiding what means the world to you"

Chanyeol sits back in his office chair overlooking the city below as he plays with his mobile phone twirling it around in his hands.

 

"I don't think I can do it"

 

"Chanyeol, you and your son Kai need it. He needs you more now than ever before you are all he has left in the world" 

 

"I know you don't need to remind me ok" Chanyeol stands up looking out at the city while still feeling so lost of what to do 

 

"Look it's two weeks away to spend time with your son since Luhan died" Lay feels his heart break knowing he hates to bring it up. 

 

"You don't need to remind me of my husband dying ok" Chanyeol huffs hitting the window with the palm of his hand in anger. 

 

His husband Luhan passed away over 2 years ago and he can't seem to move on. He is distant from his son and works all the hours he can, leaving his only son with a sitter.

 

"I'm sorry but Chanyeol I'm worried, we all are. Now let's get you changed and out of here. Kai is ready to go, his bags are in the car along with yours" 

 

"Where is he?"

 

"He is sitting with Sehun his sitter in the break room telling everyone and anyone that will listen that he is going on a mini holiday with his dad"

 

Taking a deep breath Chanyeol walks around his desk and reaches for the bag Lay passes him. 

 

"Change out of the suit and meet us in the break room" Lay leaves the office of his best friend knowing this holiday needs to happen for them both.

 

"Hi uncle Lay, is daddy ready yet?" A cute little 6 year old Kai asks with a huge smile across his little face.

 

"Yep he is just changing his clothes and then you will be off on your trip". Lay gets down on his hunkers before Kai as Kai takes his teddy from the chair beside him hugging it tight.

 

"Well well are we ready?" Chanyeol smiles nervously as he sees his son smiling with a little backpack on his back while hugging a teddy 

 

"I'm ready daddy. I have my teddy brown nose and my backpack with some sweeties that Sehun gave me"

 

"Oh you will get me into trouble little man" Sehun says before tickling Kai making him laugh 

 

"Oh wow you really are ready shall we head off now little man?" Chanyeol waits as he son hugs his sitter Sehun and his uncle Lay.

 

" You have a great time and when you get back I wanna hear all about the cool things you got up to with your dad ok" 

 

"Ok uncle Lay I will have lots and lots and lots to tell you won't I dad?" Kai looks up at his father as Chanyeol nervously smiles "of course son now let's get going" 

 

Saying their goodbyes at the car one last time Chanyeol clicks his excited son into his car seat before closing the door

 

"Thanks for this Lay I really appreciate it" Chanyeol holds his hand out to shake but Lay just grabs him into a hug .

 

" Go have fun with your son and forget about here we can look after everything" Lay pushes Chanyeol towards the car making the taller take a deep breath before he climbs into the car.

 

Clicking in his seatbelt and checking his mirrors one last time he starts the car.

 

"Ok little man …."

 

"And brown brown nose" Kai says holding up his teddy's hand 

 

"Oh yes and brown nose are we ready to go?" 

 

"Yesss we are ready for an adventure" Kai says as they start to drive off waving at the others as they go .

 

 

Feeling rather nervous being alone with his son for the first time in a while chanyeol just keeps taking deep breaths. He can do this no big deal just some time with his son doing father and son things.

 

Looking at his son in the rear view mirror he can't help but smile before looking at the passenger seat seeing it empty makes his smile fade.

His husband Luhan used to sit there singing songs with Kai when they went anywhere. 

 

Chanyeol used to love how Luhan used to fall asleep on long car rides and he hyper when they got to wherever they went. He also misses luhan's hands touching his thigh as they drove alone on a date. Luhan used to so much when he drove, kissing his neck and whispering into his ear to hurry home.

 

"Daddy, are we there yet?"

 

Chanyeol snaps out of his daydream and looks in the rear view mirror at his son 

 

"No son we only just left silly we can't be there yet" 

 

"But daddy is a cool driver I wanna drive like you daddy one day" 

 

"Oh do you?" 

 

"Yeah and have lots and lots of cars" 

 

"How many cars?"

 

"50 cars daddy" 

 

"Wow that's so many you will need a great job"

 

"I will work with you daddy and get money and save it "

 

"You wanna work with daddy ,why ?"

 

"So I can spend everyday with you and I won't need Sehun no more"

 

"Oh" Chanyeol looks out at the road ahead trying to come to terms with his son pointing out he needs to be with him more. When an adult points it out it's different but when a 6 year old points out that you need to spend more time with him the truth hits home very fast. 

 

"Are we there now daddy?" 

 

"No little man we have a bit more to go" 

 

"Oh maybe daddy should have brought the other car "

 

"Why do you say that ?"

 

"Cause we be there now daddy your silly"

 

Chanyeol can't help but smile at how cute his son is and how he misses little things like this.

 

"Well it doesn't matter what car daddy drives I have to go the speed that the sign on the side of the road says"

 

"I like the fast roads" Kai says while looking out the window with his teddy

 

"What fast roads?" 

 

"The really fast ones that go to grandma's"

 

"Oh you mean the motorway"

 

"Yeah the fast road" Kai kicks his feet excited 

 

"Well we are going on the fast road once the light turns green" 

 

"Yayyy me and brown nose like the fast road don't we brown nose" Kai talks to his teddy as Chanyeol can't get over how cute his son is 

 

"Are we going to my uncle Lays' house?"

 

"No son we are going to a little bungalow that uncle Lay got for us to stay in for our trip. He says we will really enjoy it" 

 

"I can't wait, will there be friends my age there daddy?"

 

"I have no idea son it will be my first time there too" 

 

"Ok daddy I'm sleepy now" Kai yawned while snuggling his teddy.

 

"Go for a little nap and I will wake you when we get there" 

 

"Ok daddy me and brown nose are sleepy so we sleep" Kai turns his little head and closes his eyes hugging his teddy tighter.

 

Chanyeol can't help smiling knowing Kai always falls asleep on a car journey. It also gives him time to think.

 

 Driving the motorway he starts to play with his wedding ring. He has wondered if he should take it off or not. It has been two years and his friends want him to move on like Luhan' asked him to before he passed. He just can't seem to do it so he leaves it alone and follows the directions to the bungalow.

 

Hour later 

 

Arriving at a small village Chanyeol looks around seeing a lot of people coming and going looking excited about something. He continues to look out for road signs till he finds the one he needs. Turning down a road with beautiful leafy green trees either side he spots a few other bungalows scattered around not too close to each other with just enough for privacy.

 

Stopping the car he looks up the pathway to the bungalow him and his son will be staying in for the next two weeks.

 

Climbing out of the car to stretch his legs he closes his eyes feeling the bit of warm sun kiss his face. Taking in a deep breath of fresh air he opens his eyes again smiling this is just what he needs.

 

"Daddy" he turns to see Kai knock on the car window at him.

 

"Hey little man we are here now come let's get our bags" Chanyeol says while opening the car door to let his son free.

 

Climbing out Kai runs up to the door of the bungalow with his teddy brown nose and knocks on the door.

 

"Hey I have the key" Chanyeol shouts after him as he grabs the bags from the car boot

 

"Oh sorry daddy I forgot I'm silly"

 

Kai hurries back to his dad and grabs his little backpack.

 

"You take the keys while daddy gets the bags ok" 

 

"Ok daddy I can't carry all them bags I'm only little"

 

"I know you are but you have the keys and they are really important"

 

"Are they daddy?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter