Sequel

Heather

 

 

3 years later...

 

 

I removed my spectacles and looked around the city where I had sworn I'd never return. It's been three years... Well, I've been gone for a while and now I'm back. I'm going to Jisoo's wedding; I'm still not sure who her wife is; she never mentioned anything to me before, which is why I'm a little upset.

 

As I felt her arms wrap around my waist and hug me from behind, I grinned. She then kissed my cheek and gave me a smile on her lips as she looked at me.

 

"Let's go, love?"

 

"All right, let's go," I said.

 

 

----------

 

As soon as we stepped into Jisoo's home. She pounced on me with questions. For example, who is she? Is she your girlfriend? How come you haven't told me anything about her? You scumbag!

 

 

I simply rolled my eyes. "You didn't tell me about your wife, either!" I exclaimed, a pout forming on my lips.

 

 

She only said, "Touché."

 

 

Suzy is just staring at us, chuckling and shaking her head.

 

 

"You guys are so cute," she exclaimed. I encircled her waist and buried my face in her neck.

 

 

"I'm tired, and I want to sleep." I grumbled.

 

 

"You guys are such a blight on my sight; get out of my way and just rest." She said while glaring at us.

 

 

As Suzy and I went to our room, she immediately plopped herself down on the bed. I chuckled and went beside her.

 

"Love?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What are you going to do?" she asked abruptly.

 

"What?" I asked, perplexed. She rolled her eyes and inquired once more.

 

"You know what I mean. What will you do if you meet her?" I flinched at the question.

 

"Uhm, well, I'll say hello and ask her-" She cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

 

"That's nonsense. We know you're just going to stare at her as if she's the only person in the world." she said. She continued because I didn't respond.

 

"You're still head over heels in love with her."

 

"No, I'm not."

 

"Yes, you are."

 

"No."

 

"Yes. You're still in love with her. Rosie, I've known you for like—three years? It's funny how our first meet happened. You're crying on the corner of the street, because of her. I know you're trying to move on, but you can't right? She's like a permanent glue stuck in your heart. You tried to get rid of it, but you can't." She said, and she was right. It's been three years, yet I'm still in love with my best friend. 

 

I let out a long sigh and hugged Suzy closely.

 

"I'm not sure what to do, love," I said. She kissed my temples and lovingly caressed my head.

 

"Just... act normal. Everything'll be fine, sweetie," she whispered just before we fell asleep.

 

——————————

 

Jennie's pov

 

 

 

"She's back," said the woman on the other end of the call.

 

She's back, huh?

 

"So, what am I going to do about it?" I inquired, my tone devoid of excitement.

 

"I know you're upset with her for leaving you, but she might have a reason."

 

"Whatever her idiotic explanation is, I don't want to know about it; she left me without explaining herself," I shouted out, my voice clearly furious.

 

The woman on the other line sighed and changed the subject, "Btw Jisoo wants you to go in her house tomorrow morning." 

 

"Okay."

 

"And oh—before I hang up the phone, if you feel like drinking, just call me. I'm only one call away you know that right?" She said.

 

"Mhm okay."

 

 "And Lisa?"

 

"Hmm?" 

 

"Thank you for always being there for me." I said.

 

"Of course. What are best friends for?" I can feel her smiling and I smiled too.

 

Yes, Lisa and I were just friends. I didn't go out with her that day..

 

 

-Flashbacks-

 

As I watch Rosie walk away from me, I can feel my heart squeezing in pain. Why do I have the feeling she's going to leave me?

 

Someone grabbed my wrist as I was about to follow Rosie. Lisa was the one. She had sad eyes when she looked at me, but she smiled anyway.

 

"Lisa, let go, I need to follow Rosie, I'm sorry," I said. She clenched her grip on my wrist.

 

"Are you in love with her?" My mouth agape, I stared at her in disbelief. I shook my head aggressively as I laughed nervously, my heart racing as she said those words.

 

"I'm not—what are you talking about?" I averted my gaze.

 

"It's so ing obvious, Jennie. The way you look at her like she's your everything." She chuckled bitterly.

 

"Well, she's my everything, because she's my best friend! Please stop spouting nonsense. I am not in love with her." I retorted angrily.

 

"Then, what will you do if you see her with someone she wants to spend her life with?" Her question broke my heart as I imagine her spending time with her lover while I'm looking at them from afar. I-i couldn't bear her seeing with someone else.

 

"I-i will support her, of course." I said. 

 

"Stop lying, Jennie. We both know you'll be broken. Just ing admit you're in love with her," she grumbles.

 

"I guess I am," I sighed deeply.

 

"I'm sorry, Lisa. I-I can't reciprocate your feelings; can we at the very least be friends?"

 

"Sure, Jennie," she said, "but give me some time to move on. She likes you, you know? It's obvious, so talk to her."

 

"Okay.."

 

 

————————

 

As soon as I awoke, I went to Rosie's house. I need to speak with her; we need to talk. I want to her how much I-

 

"Rosie isn't here anymore, Jennie. She's gone to the airport because she's flying to Australia; didn't she tell you?" she asked.

 

What? Rosie? Australia? I'm having trouble processing what her mother said.

 

"She didn't tell me.." I explained. My throat feels lumpy, and my eyes are starting to water.

 

Clare gave me a worried look. "Don't cry, honey. Just call her later, all right?"

 

"Uhm okay.. I'm going to go home first. Thank you, Auntie." I said with a fake smile as I dashed to my house.

 

 

-end of the flashback-

 

 

Later that night I tried to call Rosie, but she didn't answer. Days, week, months, and year goes by she didn't answer my calls, emails, or even text.  

 

I'm angry at her, but I admit I miss her.

 

I closed my eyes as I went to sleep.

 

 

—————————

 

 

I groaned as I heard the sound of my alarm, I turned it off and look at the time. Oh it's already 9:30 and I have to go to Jisoo's house at 10. I rushed to the cr, brushed my teeth, taking a shower, changing my clothes, and putting some lighter make up. 

 

As I arrived at Jisoo's, I immediately went to the kitchen, but I frozed when I saw someone who's staring at me. 

 

"Jen?"

 

Rosie..

 

I think my heart is going to burst. She's wearing a white t shirt and a sweat pants. We don't know how long we've been staring at each other, but I went back to my senses when someone hugged her from behind and kissed her cheeks. 

 

Oh,

 

My heart aches, but I choose to ignore what I'm feeling right now. I cleared my throat to speak.

 

"Where's Jisoo?" I asked.

 

"Oh, uhm she's in her room. Still sleeping I guess?" She said, and I immediately walked out of the kitchen before she could say anything else.

 

My brows were knitted and my hands were on my waist as I stared at Jisoo, who was smiling.

 

I huffed, "Wake up. Why didn't you tell me Chae is here?"

 

"I know you won't come here if I informed you Chaeyoung is here," she replied, rolling her eyes.

 

"Whatever. Who's the other girl? Her girlfriend?" I asked, and Jisoo smiled as she noticed the bitterness in my voice.

 

"Why? Are you jealous?"

 

"No. Why would I be?"

 

"Really?"

 

"Really," I replied with my teeth clinched.

 

"All right, Jen, let's go downstairs, I know you didn't eat breakfast," she said as she stood up and dragged me to the dining room.

 

Breakfast was awkward, but Jisoo and another girl named Suzy helped to lighten the mood. I was anxious since I felt Rosie was staring at me the entire time.

 

We went to Jisoo's Aunt to try on dresses, and they gazed at me with their jaws agape as soon as I walked out of the fitting room.

 

"How do I look?" I asked, turning around and smiling.

 

Rosie exclaimed, surrounded by chattering people, "You look beautiful as always." My heart is beating, and my cheeks are flushed with pink.

 

I looked at Rosie who's smiling at me and looking at me with those familiar gaze. I cleared my throat.

 

"Uhm, okay." I said as I returned to the fitting room to change my clothes.

 

I didn't talk to Rosie for days after that incident, I couldn't also look at Rosie, because her girlfriend was always clinging on her. I can feel Jisoo was getting frustrated so she decided to go to a fancy restaurant to have a dinner. We talked about some stuffs while eating. I didn't really join them because I was so invested in my food (or so I thought).

 

As soon as we went home, I immediately went to the balcony to call Lisa.

 

"Hey, Lis." 

 

"Hey, Jenjen. Did you miss me?" She asked. 

 

"No hahaha anyways how are you? The wedding day near. Are you nervous?" 

 

"Well, a little, but I'm more excited than nervous, 'cause I'll spend the rest of my life to the person I really love." She said. I smiled while listening to her. 

 

"I'm glad. Don't hurt my bestfriend okay? I'll kill you if you do." I threatened her with my angry voice.

 

"Chill, ma'am. I won't. And also you're so unfaiiirrrr I'm your best friend too!" She said while whining.

 

"But I met Jisoo first." 

 

"Whatever. I'm going to sleep already. Goodnight, Jenjen. Talk to Rosie okay? Love you." She said.

 

"I will. I love you too, Lis." I turned around as soon as we finished talking. I jumped a little when I saw Rosie standing on the corner.

 

"God, You scared me." I said.

 

"So it's still her, huh?" 

 

My brows furrowed in confusion, "What are you talking about?" 

 

She chuckled bitterly while taking a steps towards me.

 

"Lisa. You're still with her? And here I thought you two broke up, hoping I could shoot my shot already." She heaved a deep sigh.

 

I was utterly confused, what the is she talking about? 

 

"When will you ever look at me the same way as you look at Lisa?" She held my wrists gently, I can see her eyes b with tears. I wanna wipe it off, but I'm angry at her and confused at the same time. I blinked and then laughed as soon as I realized what was she talking about.

 

"Wha- why are you laughing?" 

 

"You really have the audacity to ask that? When you were the one who left me without saying a word?" She was taken aback, and lowered her head because of guilt and embarrassment I guess. 

 

"I-i I'm sorry.." she only said.

 

I removed my hands from her grasp and pushed her gently. 

 

"You were the one who suddenly left, Chae. You didn't even hear me out. You just left and never contacted me. I-i.. I loved you, and was about to confess to you, but your mom told me you left already and you never told me!" I smacked her shoulder multiple times, and my tears are starting to fall.

 

"You-you don't know how many nights I cried, you don't know how much I-" I didn't finished my sentence when I felt lips pressing against mine. She cupped my cheeks and started to move her lips on mine. My mind was blank and just that my anger vanished. 

 

I kissed her back with the same intensity, wrapping my arms around her nape. I opened my mouth, welcoming her tongue, I whimpered as our tongue collided. 

 

She pulled away and was about to attack my neck, but I stopped her.

 

"W-wait, Rosie.." I said while panting. She looked at me apologetically as she steps back.

 

"I-im sorry.. I was just carried away. I'm sorry, Jennie.. I didn't mean to hurt you or leave you. I was also hurt, 'cause I thought you didn't feel the same." She said, and kept on apologizing. I pecked on her lips to stop her from rambling and smiled.

 

"It's okay now, Rosie."

 

We stayed like that for a minute, then I remembered something.

 

"Wait, what about Suzy? I don't want to be your mistress," I nervously giggled, and she laughed.

 

"She's only a buddy of mine, Jen," she said, pinching my nose.

 

"Ohh Jen?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Do you still love me?" she inquired, her gaze falling on my face.

 

"I loved you, and I still love you; my feelings for you never change," I smiled.

 

She smiled affectionately and said, "I love you too."

 

"And Jen?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Can you give me a chance? You know, to pursue you? I know I screwed up, but please, I'll do anything for you," she said.

 

-——————

 

As I nervously waiting for her response, she grinned at me and showers my face with kisses.

 

"Yes, I'll give you a chance, but don't leave me ever again." She said while pouting. I chuckled at her cuteness.

 

"I won't leave you ever again, wifey."

 

 

After that night, I just found out that Jisoo's fiancé was Lisa. And they were laughing at me when Jennie told them about what happened that night.

 

After the wedding ceremony, I saw jennie watching the sunset. She turned her head as I wrapped my arms around her. 

 

"I really love watching the sunset." She said.

 

"Me too, and I'll watch sunset with you every time we'll go to the beach." I kissed her temples. 

 

"The sky has changed from orange to a dark navy blue, and here I am still loving you despite what happened to us before." She said before claiming my lips.

 

 

A/N: I hope you like the sequel. I'm had a hard time thinking what would be the ending.