I like you.

Heather

My cheeks suddenly become more red as she fixed the sweater that I'm wearing. The proximity of our faces is really really close.. I can smell her minty fresh breath. She looked at me with a smile on her face and gently pat my cheeks with her palms.

 

"You look so good in my sweater, Hubby" She said. Hubby and wifey is our endearment. Everyone thinks that we're together but we aren't.

 

"I know right?" We both chuckle then after few minutes we just stared at each other's orbs.

 

Should I confess to her? Maybe this is my chance to confess my love to her. 

 

"Jen, I have something to sa-" my sentence was cut off when someone called her name. 

 

"JENNIEEEEE!" 

 

We both looked at the girl who called her. Lisa.. ahhh right. 

 

I shifted my gaze at Jennie, she looked at Lisa with some sparks in her eyes. Something that she'll never look at me that way. I couldn't hear what they're saying because I'm so focused on what I'm feeling right now..

 

It hurts so much. I felt a lump in my throat. They both look like they're in love with each other. The smiles on their faces, their eyes, the obvious blush on their faces. 

 

"Can I take you on a date this Saturday?" Lisa asked shyly to Jenniw. 

 

"S-sure.." Jennie said in response while tucking some strands of her hair behind her ear. 

 

I can't stand this anymore, the more I watched them sending hearts to each other, the harder I can breathe. I suddenly ran away from them as the tears started to come out of my eyes. Suddenly someone hold my wrist to stop me from running. I turn around to see who held my wrist.

 

It was jennie..

 

She's grasping my wrist tightly, looking at me with a worried look on her face. We didn't say anything for a minute because we're both catching our breaths. She went closer to me and wiped the tears flowing on my cheeks.

 

"Hubby, what's wrong? Why did you run?" She asked me while still wiping my face. I bit my lip and took a deep breath before answering her questions.

 

"N-nothing. Uhm just go back, maybe Lisa's waiting for you." I said and forced a smile.

 

"Rosie, please tell me what's wrong. Is it because of Lisa? I'll cancel my date if that's what you want."

 

"No- don't cancel. I know you really like her and this is your chance to date her." I removed her hands on my face and looked at her straight in the eyes.

 

"But Jennie there's something I want to tell you.."

 

"Hmm? What is it?" 

 

"I like you-no- i love you."

 

"W-what? You're kidding right?" She blinked rapidly, trying to process of what I've said. Then she looked at me in disbelief.

 

"I'm not and i mean it. I love you. But I know you like Lisa you don't have to say something. It's obvious. I thought I have a slight chance you know haha.. " I laughed a bit while the tears keep coming out from my eyes. 

 

"I- Rosie.." she's struggling what to say so I continued.

 

"Please go back to her, Jennie." I said as I turn around. I ran away once again, I heard her calling me but I didn't stop. 

 

I wish I were Lisa.

 

 

——————

 

I packed my things while tears keep streaming down on my face. After I pack my things up, I grab my phone and call Jisoo unnie.

 

"H-hello, unnie?"

 

"Hi chae, Are you okay? Did something happen?" She asked in concern, she knows if I'm okay or not. We've been friends since we were six.

 

"I'm going to Australia tomorrow."

 

"What? So sudden?" 

 

"I–it's just the school called me and they said they booked a flight for me tomorrow so.. yeah." I said.

 

"Have you told Jen that you're going tomorrow?" She asked. I hummed in response.

 

"She's busy tomorrow she has some errands to do." I lied and I bit my lower lip as I felt my heart squeeze in pain.

 

"Okay.."

 

 

————————

 

 

Morning came and Jisoo unnie sent me off to the airport.

 

"Take care, okay? I'll miss you." She said while wiping her tears.

 

"Me too, unnie. Don't cry." I hugged her once last time before going to the plane.

 

 

I looked at the window where the city can be seen. I heaved a deep sigh as I think about Jennie. I know she'll be upset if she knows I went to the Australia without telling her, but Lisa is there to comfort her, right? 

 

I wish someday you'll look at me with hearts in your eyes and love me as much as I do. But for now..

 

Goodbye, Jennie.