After The Shift

The Shift

"Damn... What drugs were you on?! I can't believe you managed to seduce someone like Gahyeon that easily!" Minji's reaction is priceless, and Yoohyeon bursts out laughing.

 

"Did you really forget that you suggested I'd use that Exotic Lily perfume? I really loved how she looked like the moment she inhaled said perfume. Young lady was biting the dust to take me."

 

Yoohyeon states, continuing on storytelling her perfume episode with Gahyeon. She can in, any case, recollect the younger's face when she breathed in the sensual scent of the fragrance.

 

"Since when did you just fell for her? I swear both of you were simply nonchalantly messing about a couple of days prior and-" Minji meanders then, at that point, gets cut off by Yoohyeon's hand over .

 

"Unexplainable love at first sight and the desire to control myself on account of her. She's unique and I like her for that. I know that sounds buzzword but how would I describe it in the simplest of words?"

 

The blonde girl implores that she didn't sound too pissed or vexed in light of the fact that her best friend is posing an excessive number of inquiries about her and Gahyeon when they just met weeks prior.

 

Fortunately for Yoohyeon, Minji doesn't remark a lot about her assertion. She simply gestures in understanding and grins. Gahyeon unexpectedly enters the apartment, carrying what looks like a somewhat long box.

 

"What do think is within that?" Minji professes to figure, realizing that Gahyeon has a wonderful little treat for the blonde (and it's just a guitar controller with a Guitar Hero II disc). Yoohyeon dubiously looks at the oldest.

 

Gahyeon sneers at Minji, then, at that point, sets the box on a table and strolls to her blonde girlfriend, hugging and kissing her on the lips. Minji fake-regurgitates, resulting in Yoohyeon slapping her right arm just later.

 

"Why you need to be so grossed out? You totally do this all the time with your Siyeon in front of the both of us!" Yoohyeon is near losing her and going crazy.

 

Gahyeon lets the two fight about futile things and looks at her phone. There isn't much on her screen with the exception of Bora's message telling her to stop by her office (and the red haired's beyond apprehensive).

 

"I have to go gays! Ms. Kim is calling me to her office right now for unknown reasons and I'll be on my bar shift after that." Gahyeon sadly tells, unconsciously forming a pout.

 

The two older girls turn to her, both smiling and waving. Yoohyeon chortles at her girlfriend's pout. The red haired bids farewell, not before scowling at the blonde for chuckling at her face's demeanor.

 

-

 

Hours later, Gahyeon visits her older sister after the bar shift channels everything out of her body, including her mental soundness (Sanity, in short. How frequently have I used this word?), perhaps her life as well.

 

What happened to her and Bora? Let's just say things went well for both parties.

 

She gently knocks on Siyeon's door, quietly sitting tight, waiting for a response. To her alleviation, said door opens and she immediately embraces the older girl. She truly doing this with her sister.

 

Siyeon's hugs are superior to Yoohyeon's, the red haired thinks. The previous may be a numskull continually bugging her, yet she's the unrivaled spectacular sister.

 

Yoohyeon could kill her for picking the wolf over the puppy assuming Gahyeon, at any point, admits about that before her. However, the younger's certain the blondie wouldn't really see any problems about it.

 

Siyeon's close to getting crushed by her younger sister, basically begging for Gahyeon to release the hug by lightly patting her back. The older gasps and finally breathes air.

 

"Sorry about that. I just needed someone to be with me and hold me close. I pondered about you the entire time I was at the bar, conversing with Dongie." Gahyeon faintly clarifies.

 

"I let Yoohyeon have her moment with Minji. So, I resorted to staying in here for a bit before I go back to my apartment. I'm exhausted." She adds, her energy constantly draining.

 

Siyeon sees her sister's body on the verge of collapsing from said exhaustion. She envelops another embrace to the red haired, her own body holding onto Gahyeon's.

 

The former attempts to carry her sister who's almost dozing off, bringing the younger to her bedroom (to literally sleep comfortably) because she isn't letting her deal with heat.

 

Speaking of heat, Siyeon turns on the electric fan, pressing the number three button. Why? Gahyeon could barely breathe, open her eyes, and her whole body's showered in sweat.

 

Laying the red haired on the bed, she wipes said droplets off the younger's face and neck using a handkerchief. Siyeon's face is b with concern and the younger frowns.

 

Gahyeon's too tired to do anything so she just lets her sister help her out, deciding that she'll really stay in the house for a little bit longer. A knock on the door catches Siyeon's attention.

 

"It's us." Minji announces, Siyeon giving her the permission to open the door. The former and Yoohyeon walk in, worrisome eyes searching for a specific red haired girl.

 

The two newcomers see Gahyeon on the bed, passed out. 'Poor girl,' Minji thinks. Siyeon then asks the two on why they were looking for her sister because Yoohyeon mentioned it.

 

"She was supposed to return back to Yooh's apartment but we both noticed that she still hasn't walked through the door in hours. We were getting concerned on her whereabouts."

 

"I see. She told me that her shift the life out of her. I think she worked overtime but she didn't need to stay in there for too long. That's the only assumption of mine making sense-"

 

Siyeon pauses, realizing what Gahyeon said earlier. The older sister's silence alarms Minji.  The former then explains that Gahyeon let the latter and Yoohyeon have their own moment.

 

The two girls take a gander at her in disarray yet Yoohyeon comes to an obvious conclusion, finding out that she and Minji haven't gotten together in weeks as a result of the previous being occupied with her work.

 

Yoohyeon hasn't spoken much because she's still chewing the gum that she bought on the way to Siyeon's house. Knowing that her friend's noticeably munching, Minji murmurs,

 

"You've been chewing that for thirty minutes straight, about time you spit it out." Yoohyeon grabs a tissue, literally spits said gum outta , tossing it through the window.

 

She gets hard smacks on the head by both Minji and Siyeon, waking Gahyeon up in the process. In what she assumes is commotion, the youngest abruptly sits up, instantly regretting it.

 

She lets out a yelp following a raspy groan, calming herself down when she sees the newcomers. The horrendous aggravation in her head is killing her like she just got a hangover.

 

No, she didn't drink anything during her bar shift. It's because she lost all of her needed sleep from a fiasco that occurred in her apartment. She needed to fix it before morning came.

 

"Hey, you alright?" Siyeon asks her previously bewildered sister whose eyes are drooping over and over again, desperately keeping herself from falling asleep once more.

 

"I feel like . Actually? Much worse than that. I'm so sorry for being like this. I just need rest but since my and your girlfriend's here, I'm fine being awake." Gahyeon feebly replies.

 

"My bad for waking you up." Yoohyeon feels guilty, scratching the back of her neck, looking apologetic to the three (two who were death staring at her after hitting her head).

 

Hours later, the three young ladies bid goodbye to Siyeon, with the youngest staggering her way to hugging her older sister for the nth time. All she needed right now was a great deal of rest in her apartment.