Monster Lives Forever

The Dying Swan

𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑳𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓

・ ゜ ✧ ✫ ✧ ゜・ ⁺ ⠀。

The image of woman and her horrid grimace starts fading out, becoming vague as Seulgi loses her sight to a terrible headache. She can still hear Irene chortling and talking, and it adds more pain to her distress. She takes a glass bottle of hairspray from the desk and slams it onto the mirror, shattering it in pieces; hoping that the monster she sees will disappear.

Seconds later she feels ache on her lower chest, and by that a smear of blood gushing out staining her dress. Seulgi is slowly losing her breath and sense, she can only feel torment all over her. Yet again, she can still manage to hear Irene's voice and catch a blurry sight of her presence behind the broken mirror.

The woman puts on a sly smile, "Lesson number one, darling. If you hurt me, it will hurt you too."

And after that, Seulgi can barely hear or see anything; only darkness and vibrances, and then it's nothing at all. The next thing she knows is waking up in the hospital. 

A voice greets her amiably, it may be the most comforting tone she's heard for the past three weeks of madness. She opens her eyes and the intensity of lights starts fulfilling the dark spot she's been seeing the moment she passes out. Beside her is a figure of woman in specs with shoulder-length brunnette hair. Not Irene, although then, it's Irene again. 

Seulgi freaks out and the other woman calms her down, "Seulgi, hey, it's me, it's Wendy!"

"Oh, Wendy. Thank goodness."

Hours spent with Wendy taking care of her ballet mate, telling a story of how she finds her unconscious and covered in blood back in the make-up room. Sometimes, Seulgi pays attention. Most of times, she's distracted with the presence of Irene on the other side of her bed.

Wendy then lets out a bottle of soy milk from her grocery bag, pours it down on a glass, and offers Seulgi to drink, "Here, it's good for your health."

Before Seulgi can even proceed her hesitation in grabbing the glass from Wendy, the monster speaks from across the room, "Well, it seems like your pretty bestfriend here forgot that you're now a soy intolerant. I wonder what can it cost for you. Pain? Nausea? Vomit? That'd be bad. But, you know what? I love me some soy milk. So, drink it."

Just like that, Seulgi grabs the glass and drinks the milk. She's out of control. Whatever Irene says, she does that. She can't take over the wheel.

Later that night, Seulgi is a huge mess. She throws up a lot and her stomach burns. Let alone the unhealed wound from the shattering glass that keeps on scretching her out. 

"That's disgusting." Irene says, in utter loathe. She's been there the whole time even after Wendy goes home. When Seulgi's alone, she gets more insufferable.

"Who the hell are you?" Seulgi asks, her eyes emitted enormous rage.

"Didn't I explain already? I'm a mistress of agony. I was born from your sorrow and misery."

"So this is what you do? Pathetically tortures the one you said has given you life?"

Irene mocks, "Maybe yes, maybe not. Maybe I'm pathetic, or maybe you are."

"I'm gonna kiIl you, you fiIthy monster." Seulgi says in wrath.

Irene laughs in the tone Seulgi always hates, tone that gives her more resentment, "Oh, honey. Sorry to break your little tickling optimism, but monster lives forever."