Like leaving a light on

Little Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan has always been mindful and treating everyone well, sometimes too well that it makes people flustered. 

 

Or maybe it’s was just Bae Joohyun?

 

Irene could sense a smile reaching her eyes and tries to hide it. The older girl was just laying in bed, after all it had been a full day of packed overseas schedule. These days, she finds herself dwelling too deeply on the internet and watching videos of Red Velvet on stage, in studios, at airports, everywhere.

 

It’s a little embarrassing to watch oneself, but when videos are slowed down and all with drama OSTs that cues in the background, Irene finds it rather amusing. And just maybe, Irene had been diving too deep and got caught up by all the “moments” clips specifically. Such videos tend to focus on capturing the smallest of actions between the members and herself. With all the analysing if each scene, Irene though it was like doing literature in school all over again. 

 

‘Wow, WenRene. If this isn’t the definition of love, we don’t want it!’

 

Irene smiles blissfully for a second there, it’s true - Wendy’s tender actions that Irene makes it a point to reciprocate - they are Irene’s definition of love too and she wouldn’t have it any other way, because isn’t love all about individuals supporting and caring for each other? Pushing each other to be their better selves and making sure that in this world filled with billions and billions if living being - one never feels lonely?

 

‘Stop being delusional pls’

 

As with one comment, a frown easily finds its way onto Irene’s face because there’s some truth in it. Maybe it’s because Irene too have often wandered if it was all her own delusional self. 

 

That Wendy’s actions, especially the ones that Irene regarded as unique towards herself were just pure acts on concern. Just like how warm-hearted Wendy treats everyone around her well. 

 

The crease and wrinkles were getting a lot obvious and it quickly catches a certain younger girl who saw it all through the reflection of her mirror. 

 

“Unnie, are you alright?”, Irene finds her already pinkish face turning red when Wendy puts a hold to her night cleansing routine and came over. 

 

“O-oh I’m fine!”, Irene exclaims, a little too quickly when Wendy puts her finger on the older girl’s face, trying to smooth out the lines gently. 

 

“Is it warm? I’ll turn down the AC unnie!”

 

Irene finds her eyes following Wendy as the younger girls hops off the bed to where the AC panel’s located and spent the next few minutes figuring how it works. 

 

Well, it is indeed an unusual looking panel maybe a little way advance-looking and honestly, neither of them were very good with new emerging technologies. 

 

Irene’s stares lingers a little longer at the younger’s puzzles yet determined face before she jumps off the king sized bed to lend a helping hand. 

 

————-

 

The room had since gotten significant cooler, it only took about 30 minutes of fiddling. 

 

Both girls had settled down in bed after laughing and mocking each other’s incompetence with things as simple as turning down the air conditioning. While both girls aren’t good with technology, they are both ironically addicted to the smartphones. 

 

As the room falls into peaceful silence, the older girl can’t help but steal quick glances and the oblivious younger girl. 

 

The younger girl with a sweet voice, a kindred soul and great sense of humour. Maybe it’s the upbringing, warm-hearted Son Seungwan makes the older girl’s heart flutter with her little actions that cemented lasting impressions. 

 

Irene have always been one to observe everything around her quietly. The girl won’t prefer to call it judging, but at some level she can’t help but group people in categories. 

 

s and Angels. 

 

Of course, Wendy’s actions doesn’t go unnoticed, and it didn’t take long for Irene  to decide that the younger girl could slide into the ‘Angel’ category easily and if Irene could create a whole new category for Wendy only, she would. 

 

From the many genuine compliments dished out by Wendy over the years that had become a constant in Bae Joohyun’s life that is filled with twists and turns. To Wendy’s selfless care and concern that are showered on the people around so often that it occasionally led Irene to question who’s the older one here.

 

Irene truly believes that Son Seungwan is indeed something else. And on some night like this, when Irene feels very much loved by not just fans but members who have become more than friends and family, Irene’s curious if the love from this Canadian meant something more. 

 

Because as much as Irene tries to deny it, she knows that her actions towards the younger girl, the care, the concern, the stares, it’s more that love. 

 

“Why are you st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter