Wendy's Version

Care To Dance With Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting lousily at the school bench with her headphones on has became Seungwan's favorite pass time. Sitting there without a care in the world, with no one to bother her describes her perfect day. 

It's a busy day at her school because ofit's most anticipated event; Prom. Everyone is  busy looking for a date or preparing except for her. She doesn't even bother on going but something in the air changed that peaceful day that made her decide to attend.

Her supposed-to-be personal time was disturbed by a faint sob beside her. It was a girl with a long raven hair but she couldn't see her face because of the small hands that covered it.

Seungwan could care less if not for the sob getting louder each time and it slowly ticks her temper. She was about to getup but something in her told her to stay and show sympathy for the girl. She pulled out a handkerchief and decided to give it to her.

"Excuse me miss? I think you might need this",

The girl slowly stopped and accepted her handkerchief and wiped her tears with it. She slowly looked up and faced Seungwan 

Beautiful. Breath taking. Ethereal.

.

Yep. She was ed up.

How can a person like her be so beautiful? Was she hit by something? Never in her life was she so interested in someone as this. 

"Sorry, I must be disturbing you here, uhm anyway thank you for this" she motioned the handkerchief up with a small smile.

"It's alright, I'm not doing anything, just having my leisure here, I figured you need it so I gave it to you" Seungwan sheepishly smiled rubbing the back of her nape, a habit she growned accustomed of whenever she's shy.

"I feel better now, thanks to you" the raven haired girl said, her smile growing wide revealing her pearly white teeth and doe-like eyes forming crescents. Seungwan doesn't mind dying from her spot anytime.  

" Wow- I mean owww no problem" Lord help her, she's malfunctioning because of a mere stranger, not to mention a fallen angel type of stranger.

"I'm Irene by the way, and you are?" The girl said forwarding her small hands to Seungwan who was still stunned. 

"S-seungwan yeah, that's my name Seungwan" she nervously took the girl's hand. Surprisingly enough their hands fit.

"Nice warm hand you got there" Irene said, holding her hand longer than it should be. Heat rose up Seungwan's cheeks upon hearing her compliment.

"Uhm thank you?" Someone save her from embarrassment because for sure she looks like a tomato right now.

"If you don't mind me asking Irene, why were you crying earlier?" 

"Oh, it's because of my boyfriend,"

Oh that's why. Wait- a boyfriend?

Crack.

Silly Seungwan and her heart, falling easily like that.

"Oh, that's why"

They sat there in silence, with Seungwan sitting and feeling all awkward after Irene's revelation.

"So Seungwan, is it your habit to come here during vacant?" 

It seems like Irene is trying to ease what ever weird atmosphere surrounding the air between them.

"Ugh yes, usually to unwind, it's a great view out here you see" Seungwan said, pointing the perfect landscape of the sky and mountains infront of them. Both of them trying to be normal as possible.

"I see, it's really comforting here in your spot" 

"Glad you appreciate it, anyways, looks like it's time for my next class, nice to meet you Irene" 

She lied. Her last class was finished hours ago. She just want to home and cry maybe.

"Likewise Seungwan, thank you again for the comfort earlier, I should be going now too, my boyfriend's probably waiting for me" Seungwan can only smile and sigh, walking fast as she could from Irene with hands gripping her bag handle tighter.

Stupid Irene and her sobs and her boyfriend. She thought. They had no right to break her naive heart like that but who was she kidding? It was solely her fault in the first place.

A week passed after that, good thing there were no signs of Irene anywhere making it easier for Seungwan to forget about her for a while. She busied her self with books as well as participating in designing the gym hall for the prom day for extra curricular points. 

"You know your books will not get you a date for prom right Seungwan?" Her best friend Seulgi said as they were putting the finishing touches for the stage design.

"Tsk, Who says I'm going?" 

Seulgi rolled her eyes upon the reply " Ugh seriously?! Me and Sooyoung will be there and it will be no fun if you don't attend! Besides senior prom only happen once" she whined.

"I don't want to be third wheel between you and your girlfriend Seul, it'd be better if it's just you two so you can have your own moment there" she reasoned out. She may have a soft spot fot her bestfriend but she don't want to be a burden to them while she sit around the corner through out the night. She also have her personal reasons not to attend.

"Just think about it Wannie, you still have time"

They parted ways after being done with their tasks with Seulgi running to the cafeteria where her beloved Sooyoung patiently waits. Seungwan on the other hand, went to her usual spot bobbing through her headphones enjoying her undisturbed free time.  It's been a while since she came here because of her busy schedule. But then she saw a figure coming closer to her spot. 

"I see you came back to you're usual spot"

"Uhh yeah, schedule's been busy so I was pretty occupied all week"

"Seungwan,uhm I-I have something to give you"she searched through her bag and pulled a decorated paper bag. 

She nervously hand it to Seungwan who was curious and flustered at the same time. "What's this?"

"It's the handkerchief you lend me last time, I washed it nicely and put some of my favorite fabric conditioner too"

"Thank you Irene, but you don't have to, I already gave it you, besides you may use it again"

"Uhm Seungwan, I also want to ask you something" Irene fidgeted looking at the ground to shy to look at Seungwan's eyes.

"Sure, what is it?"

"U-uhm, will you go to prom with me?"

She can't be serious right? She's already taken and why out of all people would she pick her as a date for prom. 

"I don't understand, you already have a boyfriend right?"

"Yeah but he don't go to school anymore and I don't want to be with anyone else that I'm not comfortable with at the dance"

"Y-yeah about that Irene, uhm I'm not going to prom, sorry" 

Irene's hopeful eyes slowly turned into sad ones and nervously bit her lower lip.

"Oh, t-that's okay hehe, no sweat, sorry too - for my stupid request," she awkwardly laugh against Seungwan's apologetic smile. She quickly turned away from the blonde.

"I'm sorry Irene,you alright? " She asked and Irene just raised her left hand and signed "ok" while walking away with out looking back. She felt the urge to go after the girl but stopped herself immediately. 

She has a boyfriend Seungwan.

Why was she even affected by Irene's reaction on the first place?One heartbreak from her is enough. She smacked her  forehead upon thought. 

It was getting late so she headed home but decided to make a stop at a convenient store for some snacks and drinks for later. She went to the liquor isle and to her surprise, a couple was busily each others faces with the man's hands groping the woman's . She walked away from the isle as fast as she could and proceed to buy her snacks. 

"I can't wait to get a taste of you later"

"Don't worry, you'll always be having me in anyway you want"

Tsk. Dirty shameless people.

Seungwan must be delusional. While paying at the counter, she saw Irene's mirage even from outside of the store. I must be thinking too much of her.

"Hey Seungwan!",

So she is real. Standing there still looking beautiful as ever minus the glowing effect from Seungwan's imagination.

"Hello again, ugh had to buy snacks from the store hehe" she awkwardly gestured the plastic bags. God, why does it feel so awkward every time I see her. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm waiting for my boyfriend, he said he'll be here in a few"

Well that stings.

"I see"

"Oh, there he is! Hey babe! Come here!" Irene excitedly waved at the guy who came outside the store. 

.

It was same ert guy she saw sloppilly kissing another girl at the store earlier. She felt the urge to hug Irene and protect her heart from him. But who was she kidding? She was merely a stranger to Irene whom she met only twice.

"Hey babe" he kissed Irene's forehead as if he didn't made out with someone from earlier. Seungwan wants to punch his face right then and there.

"Babe, this is my friend Seungwan and Seungwan this is my boyfriend Suho," 

The bastard didn't even bother take Seung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter