Fine

My XNI
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

I told myself im gonna write this with a lot of meaning and feelings..then I realize..I’m not smart enough for that so I’m gonna write this like I usually do..I’ll just wing it hahaha I just got back so no expectations lol word vomit for the delusional mind.

I do not know how dynamics like these work. This is really just imagination.

 Some irl events are meshed here so be warned please. Taeyeon and Wendy tags are pretty much angst tags in idolverse fics..but I’m a crackhead so…
 

 

........

 

 

“I’m late, am I?” Wendy fidgeted in her seat, playing with her seatbelt like a five year old. She shouldn’t have drank too much coffee on the way. Now she feels like looking at an open water faucet will kill her.

 

“You’re just going to dance practice, Wendy-sshi” her manager chuckled. He had worked alongside her for years to know some of the girl's quirks. “Please relax,” her manager stopped the car at a stoplight.

 

“I’m going to practice with the biggest and rising stars in Kpop. I am not relaxing,” Wendy blamed the coffee on this one. Her manager just shook his head.

 

Even without the idol gigs for a while, her radio show got kids to send messages to her just to tell her their day, his own wife has her very own YST hoodie, the ajhummas down his street pretty much knows her as a WanD rather than idol Wendy. The girl’s humility is on another level.

 

“Miss Wendy, you don’t give yourself enough credit. You’re gonna be fine,” her manager encouraged her. She finally stopped fidgeting and let out a breath.

 

“Thanks oppa. I’m gonna be fine,” she said after gathering herself.

 

“Of course you will. Loosen up! You look like you’ll be meeting your ex lover instead of a bunch of colleagues,” her manager laughed as they drive closer to their destination.
 

Wendy sat still, frozen in her seat, all the nerves coming back to her body.

 

Nice, a pep talk then a reality check. Nice one oppa.

 

Her phone beeped receiving a text from Seulgi. It seemed the devil is working double time against her today.

 

“ I still can’t believe you’re working with your ex!” She can hear Seulgi’s mocking laugh with the text alone. She huffed and gritted her teeth.

 

“She’s not my ex!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Stop,” Taeyeon resisted the urge to fling her drink to her friend. She restrained herself knowing that she doesn’t want the car smelling like caffeine. It would be awkward if they arrived with Hyoyeon drenched in coffee for practice,as if the other girl needed the caffeine boost. They would instantly know it was Taeyeon who did it. She wouldn’t want to make a fool out of herself, especially in front of someone.

 

“I’m still pondering over the fact that we’re in the same group with—“

 

“We’re just colleagues. We’ll just be dancing with each other,” Taeyeon sighed as she reminds herself that as she got out of the car. She greeted everybody involved in the new girl group project. Hyoyeon chuckled as she sees Taeyeon put her mask of confidence or indifference, however one would interpret it, as they got out of the car.

 

“I prefer dancing around each other,” Hyoyeon laughed as she followed. She joins Taeyeon greet their senior Boa, Karina and Winter. They were poised to begin practice for their first single as Girls On Top.

 

They've never seen each other for the recording of the song but it wasn’t as awkward as Taeyeon thought it would be. Boa is an old friend and Taeyeon had a good time with her dongsaengs on her other show when they were promoting. Hyoyeon being Hyoyeon, already started cracking jokes with everyone. Seulgi then arrived in the studio coming from her schedule with a huge questionable smile on her face, mainly directed at Taeyeon, leaving just one other person missing.

 

“Ah the busy bee has arrived,” Hyoyeon annoyingly looked at her before crossing the floor to the newcomer who was bowing nonstop to everyone it almost looked painful. Taeyeon smiled a little.

 

“Hello sunbaenim!” the cute little rookies with multi-coloured hair greeted them. They were all very pretty but the resounding voice of the smallest girl on her right caught her attention. That and she looked like she’s ready to break her neck just to bow to all of them. She thought it was her loud voice that captured her attention.

 

“Please take care of us!” bright eyes looked up to her, full of hope and excitement, almost sparkling. The most honest she had seen from anyone. Taeyeon wondered then, if those eyes will keep twinkling like that or will burn out like most of them throughout the years.

 

Those same familiar eyes look up to her now, a little worn out like she predicted. But those eyes have always been honest like it used to be. It’s still hopeful and it’s beautiful.

 

And it’s frowning too.

 

“Sunbae, you okay?” Wendy waved her hands infront of her. Blinking, she tried not to embarrass herself even further so she just  nodded and played it cool. Wendy reluctantly left her so she could greet the rest while Hyoyeon went beside her. 

 

“You look like you ate a tennis ball,” Hyoyeon commented.

 

“What are you talking about?” Taeyeon said, fixing her hair.

 

“Chill will ya. It’s not everyday I get to tease you and your cute little ex,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes this time.

 

“She’s not my—

 

“I know but you act like one. For the record, you two still look cute together. Try not to be awkward with each other at least,” Hyoyeon smirked. Taeyeon definitely regretted telling her about her past and failed relationships over soju.

 

“Let’s go ladies. Time to make history,” the senior choreographer announced.

 

 

 

 

 

“You got that?” asked Bengal Park, the choreographer assigned to her. Bengal Park is a charismatic being with very charismatic choice of clothing, looking like she could stomp anyone in her way. Wendy looked like a lost puppy next to her, sporting an off white shirt and sweatpants. Definitely looking like someone can stomp on her if she’s in the way.

 

“I’m gonna tell you I did after another round of that twisting thing, then I’ll try not to be pretentious,” Wendy scratched her head giving Miss Park a shy bow which she laughed off. She was just taught  a very exhausting step that would definitely look awkward if Wendy herself does it. She learned it’s better to be honest when it comes to dancing, so choreographers could adjust their teaching style with her. She admits she’s a little slow in the category but she compensates with eagerness, energy and polishing loose ends.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter