1a) Please introduce yourself.

The beauty, the brawn, the brains

Typically, there are two types of fame in school. On one end, we have Hwang Yeji, our Popular Girl. Stunningly beautiful, amazingly smart, and perhaps a little too rich, Yeji tends to steal anybody's breath away. She adores the attention and affection she receives, occasionally having a party or two at her place as a method of unwinding with her friends. Of course, with popularity comes judgement. She doesn't associate with just anyone, only those who are of similar stature to her position among the students are worthy of being in her circle of friends, and she occasionally leans a little too much into the disdain for the groups that typically bear the brunt of the bullying and mockery.

"Hey! She made fun of the nerds and geeks and everyone that has a stigma attached to them! How relatable!"

How sad.

 

On the other end of the spectrum, we have infamy. Our local delinquent, Shin Ryujin, demonstrates this type of fame very well. If it weren't for her infamy in the school, most people wouldn't even know she exists. She spends most of her time in the alley behind the school grounds, assuming she shows up in the first place, otherwise, she likes to be on her own at the local park. Curiously, she doesn't hang out with the other delinquents in school, associating herself with the Lone Wolf act.

"She doesn't show up to classes, I've heard that she gets into fights with the bullies and delinquents and wins them! I also heard she smokes and has a tattoo somewhere and she's just the typical delinquent bully! Let's stay away from her and not get in her way! How scary!"

How dull.

 

And finally, smack in the middle of the spectrum, are the normal people. For example, let's take a girl from one of the boring study groups, shall we? Ah, Lee Chaeryeong! Yes, she will be a good subject to study, and how appropriate it is that we study, for studying seems to be all Chaeryeong seems to do. She does well in school, the only person who can consistently do better than our Miss Perfect, Hwang Yeji. She does have a history of getting bullied by our delinquent, Shin Ryujin, but those were mostly cases of her being in Ryujin's path at the wrong time, which tends to end up with Chaeryeong getting bruised as she's shoved aside. Yeji also tends to loudly mock her whenever Chaeryeong gets in the way too, much to the amusement of Yeji's 'friends'.

 

Although, between me and you, dear reader? I've noticed a few weird happenings.

Yeji occasionally seems to grit her teeth whenever she sees Chaeryeong. Of course, she makes sure no one sees this little action, she has to be perfect after all. Perhaps she's frustrated?

Shin Ryujin tends to stiffen a little whenever she sees Yeji. Even though Yeji seems to be loudly mocking her kind, she seems to not pay attention to it. Perhaps she's angry?

Chaeryeong also seems to run into Ryujin's path a lot. She stumbles, trips, slips, falls, all to make sure Ryujin takes an extra step somewhere sometimes. If she's lucky, Ryujin would step over her. If she's unlucky, she'd receive a new bruise. Perhaps she's clumsy?

 

 

 

Assuming you've read my other works, you already know the answer is that they're either serial killers or they're gay. I'm leaving it to you to decide.