|LATE|

LATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

╔════▣◎▣════╗

With his hast breathing, Jongkook silently eyed the almost empty vicinity of the cinema's lounge. 

He is late. 

Gone was the massive number of people and media. Only the laid red carpet and staff organizing the platform where the movie's cast was introduced remained. 

His right hand gently scratched his head. He was about to turn his back when his eyes found the tall man standing alone on a side who was also surprised looking at him. 

"Hyung!" He watched him walk fastly before giving him a tight hug. "I thought you won't came. Let's go." 

He sighs before moving his feet according to his tracks. Kwangsoo already narrates the plot of his movie through their phone conversation that if only he is not afraid to watch Kwangsoo's disappointed face, he no longer wanted to watch the film. 

He already knew how the plot started and how will it ended. He was already adamant about consuming an hour of his life watching a movie with the same and particular ending, just like in his life. 

With the man's long arms, Jongkook was subjected to follow his moves into the dark hallway between seats at the cinema. He no longer complains but hastily walks his feet to end this seemingly unending hide and seek with his allotted chair. 

"Yah. I told you I could go home and buy your movie online." His tone was low as he eyed the tall man who solely busied himself, stretching his neck to look for an empty seat. Suddenly, he turned his back to signal him to be quiet before pointing towards the left direction. 

“There. You can only sit there Hyung, your allotted seat was already taken.” Jongkook’s eyes followed the place located on the left side of the screen. It wasn't at the center and seemingly a hideous place to sat at. “Enjoy the movie, Hyung.” 

Relaxing his back onto the soft-covered seat of the cinema, Jongkook’s eyes started to wander as he examined the crowd of people who attended his brother’s movie premier. It was star-studded. Endless chatters faltered inside the darkroom as everyone busied themselves with conversing on different topics he didn't care about. He saw few known celebrities and almost the complete running man members sitting comfortably on their respective seats while waiting for the movie's start.

Except for her.

Jongkook's eyes suddenly became more competitive to find the woman's location. He knows it was impossible for her not to attend such a big event for Kwangsoo. Just like his reasons, he was more than confident that no such accomplishment would pass through her eyes easily.

They were a family.

His searching eyes were answered just when the light coming from the big screen on the cinema shone onto the particular person sitting in front of him. Her back faces him as her hair cascade gorgeously without even knowing. 

Shockwaves of beating suddenly enveloped his heart upon seeing her silently sitting with an empty chair beside her. It became an alteration of wonderful sight that he wanted to jump out of joy. He was honest that he couldn't even move just by the thought of sitting right next to her for an hour and a half. 

When he finally dared to stand up, a tall man suddenly appeared in front of her. Broad smiles and beaming eyes as he handed her a bottle of soda and a box of popcorns. All the smiles and hopes he built in an instant were gone directly to the trashbin as he felt his heart sink as deep as it could into the ground.

Funny how he looks at every corner of the room in the hope of finding her. How his determined heart could never have anyone but her. His thoughts were chaotic as he saw thousands of reasons for her absence. When in fact.

She was always present.

Through the years, she was always right beside him. She supports him with his ceaseless battle of finding someone he thinks would complete him. Someone whom he believes he could love eternally. 

Funny how it represented the situation of how he looked tirelessly for another woman his entire life and ended up being blinded by the fact that the right person was just only in front of him. She was always with him, but he failed to see her existence because he kept looking anywhere aside from her.

It is humorous to realize that Jihyo was never away or unavailable for him. How she attentively become part of his life without even knowing it.

It is now heartbreaking to think that when he realized he was now determined to look at her, to be present in her life for a change, her eyes were already focused on another man. She was now at hand, but this time, not for him, but for Insung.

The deep wound he has denied since the beginning has finally become visible. He is bleeding from the cut that pierced right through his core. All the lies he has long tried to build became useless. He wanted to vanish at that moment. Jongkook suddenly wishes he was not here, sitting at the back of two people whose attention was solely focused on one another. If only he denied his presence for that day, he wouldn’t be slapped harshly by the scene of how devoted and happy she is in the status of her life. 

She is already happy, but with someone else. 

Just how cruel was the 1 hr and 45 minutes of the film for him to hurt himself mindlessly? How can there be no left underneath but the torn and lifeless soul as he stared at the two of them? How the sharp edges of time and reality of regrets had finally won over him, letting him feel the emptiness as he chokes with self-condemnation.

His blindness caused his heart to be poisoned.

If not for the invitation to watch the sorrowful movie about the unrequited love of the main lead, Kwangsoo, His mind won’t cycle into the thoughts of possibilities.

If only he looked at Jihyo earlier than he could be. In

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter