Epilogue

Minjeong Hates Halloween
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good, I have a crush on you too.”

 

Naturally, Minjeong does not believe a word she says. 

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said,” Jimin inches herself nearer to him, “I have a crush on you too.” Minjeong feels like he just swallowed the sun.

 

Oh.

 

“Yeah. Why did you think I told you to come as Spider-man?”

 

Minjeong blinks. Memories start to flood his brain and he recalls that incident at Costumes 'N' Parties. 

 

 “I think you’ll look great as Spider-man. Go for it.”

 

Oh.

 

She wanted them to match.

 

And here Minjeong thought it was something she said out of courtesy after seeing him look so lost and vulnerable in the middle of the mall.

 

He doesn’t know how to respond.

 

“That’s cool.” Minjeong thinks he should have kept his mouth shut.

 

Jimin playfully hits his chest and pouts, “Is that all you’re going to say?” 

 

“I-I’m sorry, I’ve never had anyone say that to me before.” He confesses.

 

Jimin momentarily pauses, softening her gaze. “Oh.”

 

“Well that’s okay. Let’s take this one step at a time.” Jimin reassures. She opens her arms wide, inviting the boy in for a hug. He goes for it for the second time that night. “Is it okay if I take you out on a date?”

 

“YES! Yes. I’d love that.” 

 

Minjeong huffs, smiling to himself as he stays in her embrace. 

 

“Thank you.”

 

“What for?”

 

“This.” Minjeong rubs his eyes. “I’m proud of being trans but sometimes I feel like nobody could ever love me because of it.”

 

Jimin hums. She thinks Minjeong deserves to be loved just like everyone else.

 

They stay like that for a while.

 

————-

 

“There’s 3 minutes left.” Minjeong stares at his phone screen, the image of Zero on his wallpaper staring back at him.

 

“I don’t want to go out, honestly.” That makes Minjeong’s heart swell.

 

“Me neither.”

 

Jimin’s eyes graze around the bedroom belonging to God knows who and glues her eyes to the dresser. She stares at the eyeshadow palette lying on it. Her eyes widen.

 

“I have a great idea.” She frantically rushes to her bag and grabs a sky blue pouch. Minjeong’s eyes dart between her and her hands, not quite sure where to look. 

 

She flips open her own eyeshadow palette. “I’m going to draw a fake hickey. Is that okay?”

 

“What?” Minjeong whisper-yells incredulously.

 

“I want to see the look on Jeno’s face when we get out of here later.” Jimi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter