Snake

With's Spell

“ Now Xiaoting I want you to be on best behavior “


 

“ Yes father”


 

“If things go right you’ll be married to the duke in a month”


 

“Mmm Yes father”


 

Shen Xiaoting was her name or as her village liked to call her the village's beautiful sweet heart. As from the day they Xiaoting  was born she is considered to be beautiful no matter where she went she was always praised for her looks not only that bus  Xiaoting  she was super nice to whoever she met.

 

Xiaoting was also a person who never wanted to let her parents down, so she constantly paid attention and followed the rules. As a result, she never wore revealing clothing and kept a portion of her cover hidden behind her back. As previously said, she was seen as attractive by many, and as a result, many dukes and princes learned about her and requested her hand in marriage, which thrilled her family.

 

She didn't come from a wealthy or poor family; rather, she came from a middle-class family that desired nothing more than to be a member of the royal family, thus the first person who requested for her hand in marriage was immediately accepted.

 

His name was Zhang Ming, or the Duke of Nine. When the duke initially showed up at her front step to announce her hand in marriage, Xiaoting could only describe him in one word. First and foremost, he smelled like stocks, was unhygienic, and was extremely rude. 

 

Xiaoting begged her parents not to accept, but they told her to " it up" since she was going to marry him whether she liked it or not. As she walked to her room, she could only nod.

 

Xiaoting and her father were now visiting the Duke's Palace to talk about the wedding preparations, which she was not pleased with. "Father, may I look around while you speak with the Duke?" she asked as they approached the gates. Her father gave her a nod and told her to come back in an hour. Before leaving, Xiaoting smiled and nodded.

 

“Wow this place is so beautiful “ she thought as she walked through the town. It was nothing like the village she came from.

 

“ Something smells delicious” she said as the scent of chocolate and freshly made bread hit her nose. As I walked over to the stand where the smell was coming from.  “ Oh my word you pretty” the lady said as Xiaoting walked up to the stand “ oh thank you “ Xiaoting said cindly “ would you like one” Xiaoting shook her head in protest “ sorry I don't have any money”.

 

The lady simple smiled she picked one of the breads up and handed it to Xiaoting “ no need free of charge”

 

“ What no you can't do that”

 

“I can and will now take it” 

 

 

Xiaoting nodded as took the bread and walked away “ it's so sweet “ she said after taking her first bite. She continued to look around “ wow I guess this could be a plus to getting married” she thought as kept walking but soon came to stop at the forest. She was intrigued about what might be within the forest because her village  did not have a forest but had a meadow.

 

"Hmm, I won't stay too long," she thought as she entered the forest. The first thing Xiaoting noticed was a bunny, which she pursued in the hopes of catching it She chased it for a few minutes, oblivious of how deep into the woods she had gone. " I caught you," she remarked as she picked up the bunny.

 

She smiled as petted to calm it down but she didn't smile for too long as she didnt know where she was or how far in the forest. Xiaoting began to walk around to see if should find her way out. 

 

After twenty minutes, there was still no sign of an exit. Xiaoting had begun to lose hope of ever getting out until she came upon a wooden home. "Perhaps someone in there might help me," she thought as she approached the home. Xiaoting knocked lightly on the door. She waited a second before knocking again but still got no answer “ huh i guess not” she thought as she was about to talk away when the door opened.

 

“Hello”

 

She said in confusion as she entered the house. She could tell someone lived there as a fire was lit and there was an open book on the table. Xiaoting was looking around until she was startled by the door closing, dropping the bunny in hand in the process.

 

“ Well what do we have here”

 

Xiaoting turned around to see a girl who looked around her age “ oh i'm sorry I just entered the house like I was looking for help Im lost” she explained.  Instead of being made the girl simply laughed and smiled “ Oh it fine” Xiaoting smiled and nodded “ oh my name is Xiaoting” she said “ Im Yujin and you said you need help getting out the forest”  Xiaoting nodded “ oh I can help you”

 

Xiaoting's face lit up “ you can thank you so much” Yujin smiled “ no problem here. I’ll prepare a snack. I'm sure I will try from all the walking. “Oh you don't have too i'm fine” 

 

“Don't insist on sitting,”  Xiaotig simply nodded. Yujin walked off to the kitchen “ hmm she’s an interesting girl I think i'll keep her “ Yujin thought as pulled her spell book “ she is beautiful and elegant just like a snake” Yujin thought to herself before letting out a small laugh.

 

 

It didn't take long for Yujin to come back with a plate full of fruit and a glass of water for Xiaoting” here you are '' Yujin said. Xiaoting smiled looking at the plate before smiling “ thank you” Before taking  a bite out of the strawberries her eyes lit up should never tasted something so sweet and delicious before what she started she couldn't stop but she quickly all the fruit “ wow that was so delicious “ 

 

“I bet I freshly harvested them myself” Yujin stated “ I’ve never tasted strawberry like that before” Yujin “ I'll be right back “ she said walking away from Xiaoting to take this opportunity to look around a bit more of Yujin home. 

 

She came to a standstill in front of the mirror, her eyes widening as she examined her reflection. It was her, but she wasn't dressed in her long blue gown. Her outfit consisted of a short snakeskin dress that exposed her shoulders and legs, complemented black boots, and leather gloves. Also instead of her hair before tied up and put away. Her hair cascaded over her shoulders.

 

She moved closer to the mirror as she did her reflection but instead Of her reaction having the same shocked expression. Her reflection wore a smirk across her face as she moved forward stepping out the mirror “ what the heck “ Xioationg said.

 

“She right you are beautiful and elegant like a snake “her reflection said before grabbed Xiaoting neck pulling her close so they were face “ who are you” Xiotion said as she struggled to breath “ I'm the you that you alway wanted be” 

 

Her relation soon let go of neck finally allowing her to breathe .

 

“ what do mean? ''

 

Her reflection smirked before laughing. You'll see she confused Xiaoting before she felt a sharp pain sore across her body causing her to fall to the ground. She also felt as if she could breathe again.  Just then Yujin walked back into the room with a smirk on her face “ please help” Xioting said as tears fell from her eyes`` sorry no can do '' Yujin said as she watched Xiaoting.  

 

Tears streamed down her face. Xiaoting sensed that her life was drawing to a close. Until  she felt something tighten around her arm, she opened them again.  She used what little strength she had to check to see that it was a snake. 

 

Before she had any time to react she felt it bite her. She let out a small scream in pain as she felt her back begin to arch. Her body was in even more pain before as it felt like the snake was ripping through her flesh to enter her arm. The last thing she remembered before everything went black was Yujin laughed then bent down to tell her that everything would be fine as long as she accepted it. 


 

A Few Days Later
 

“Any sign of her” Ming asked as they were currently looking around for Xiaotng.

 

They had dubbed her missing after she never showed up at his place. They waited a day for her and when she still had returned. They figured she had either  run away or something bad had happened.

 

So after looking all over the city they searched the forest. Ming sighed as he continued to walk around heading deeper and deeper into the forest. Ming knew there was a limit as to how far he should go in the forest because of the rumor that a  witch lived there but he needed to find Xiating. 

 

He counted to walk around until he spotted a wooden home. “ Maybe she’s in here” he thought as walked up the house without even knocking. He entered them home. And low and behold there was Xiaoting sitting there reading. The duke smiled “ Xiaoting there you are”. 


 

The girl in question lifted her head looking at the duke. Ming’s once smiled had dropped as he finally noticed Xiaoting full appericed instead of were a proper dress like she should be with head hair kept up. Istead her hair was down and she was wearing revealing clothes that no girl of her status  should be wearing.

 

Not only that but her beautiful skin was graced with greenish black snake scales. And her eyes were no longer brown but gold with slits down the middle. “Xiaoting what in the world happened to you” the duke said in disgust as he looked at “ come on must return to the palace so they can fix you” he started.

 

Xiaoting pondered for a second “ sorry but he won't allow it” she simply said. And the duke did not like that “ I am the duke of nine and what I say goes. So you will return with me at once” Ming had shouted. 

“ I dont think so “. He heard someone say he looked over to see a girl or Yujin standing  a foot in front of him. As he turned back around Xiaoting was standing right infront of him.

 

This caused him to fall on the ground from being startled. “ You wenches “ but before. Ming could say anything, Xiaoting had bent down, getting close to his face “ you’ll do what? '' she said, smirking. The duke jumped in fear as he also noticed the snake hanging off Xiaoting 's neck . “Hmm what do “ he heward Yujin “ you to do anything and i'll have burned to stake “ he threatened. 


 

Which did nothing as the girls simply laughed “ Im serisius you two will be punished for your crimes against the duke of nine”. Yujin and Xiaoting looked at each other before giving a simple nod to one another.
 

“ Wow Yujin, this soup is amazing,” Xiaoting said as they were currently having dinner. Yujin smiled “ I'm glad like it” she stated as enjoyed cooking for Xiaoting “ this deserves a name.


What should we name it?” Yujin thought for a second “ how about the duke of soup” Yujin said as she looked at the head of Ming sticking out from. “ I like it” Xiaoting said 

 

“Here you go berry,” Xiaoting said, taking one of the duke’s eyes out and feeding her snake. “Man he was a slob but he made for good soup” Xiaoting said as she let out a small chuckle followed by Yujin before they counted with dinner.