How We Got Separated

Come Together As 1

The Lee brothers were all born to Lee Sooman, a wealthy businessman. Many viewed their father as a kind and understanding man but to them. They all viewed him as a self-absorbed, incompetent, neglectful , as Johnny would like to put it.  And it was because of their shared hate towards their father that they were so close. The only thing that separated them was that they all had different mothers. 

 

Their father was only really interested in having heirs to his so-called throne. So once each of their mothers had given birth, he would move on to the next. Now they could all agree that their mothers weren't the best, but they had zero hatred against them because, at the very least, their mothers cared about them in their own way. They would only ever see their mothers when they came to get money or, on rare occasions,  like if it was their birthday.


Lee Taeil was the firstborn of the brothers. He was the most caring and kind of all the brothers. He had no idea what it meant to be a big brother before Doyoung was born. He could sort of remember his younger brothers' mothers, or "18-month mothers," as he called them. 

 

He was able to comprehend what was going on around him at the of three years old. He'd meet his new mother when she was pregnant with one of his brothers, and they would stay unit his brothers could walk, then they leave.  

 

Lee Johnny was next to be born. He was a disobedient child. He did whatever he wanted, wherever he wanted, with no regard for the consequences. Their father referred to him as a "problem child," but he could care less. He was also the main reason so many of their nannies and maids quit. Aside from being a troublemaker, he adored his brothers and always defended them when they were in trouble or needed help.

 

Lee Taeyong was born right after. He was a quiet and calm kid. His father wanted to separate him from his brothers because he saw him as the heir to the family estate. Taeyong hates not being around his brothers as he had no desire to be the next hire. So he rebelled against his father a lot.

Next was Lee Yuta, and he was a wild, carefree child. Danger was never an obstacle in his path as he loved the outdoors, and he also loved pulling pranks on his brothers and other people. Now he didn't have much hatred for his father as some of his brothers did, but that didn't mean he didn't like his father. 

 

Lee Kun was the fourth child to be born of the Lee brothers. He was kind of like Taeyong. Growing up, he was a relaxed and pleasant kid. The only difference was that he had a bad temper problem, which he would never admit. You'd think Yuta was to blame for half of the stuff broken in their home, but it was Kun because when he was angry or upset, he would ruin everything in his way.

 

Lee Doyoung was born shortly after. His father labeled him as the "problem child number two." He was disrespectful and always talked back to his father or even other authority figures. He would also get into several fights, not only with his siblings but also with children of his father's clients or business partners at school.  His father repeatedly tried to get Doyoung to apologize, but Doyoung always refused and walked away. Even though he seems to be a troubled boy to everybody else. His brothers thought of him as a sweetheart who loved to sing for them when they were all sad. 

 

Next to be born was Lee Ten. A kid who loved to dance no matter what it was he would dance to. He was the king of sass and rudeness to his father, which got him the title of problem child number three. He could also say dentition was his second home. That's where he would always end up because of his sassy personality.

 

Lee Jaehyun was the second-youngest child born. Like his older brother Taeil, he was cute, innocent, and kind, which made him a very popular student; however, he was a bit of a crybaby when he was younger. He was also easily terrified of everything around him. As a result, he relied on Johnny for protection. Which was fine with Johnny, and if he found out Jaehyun was being picked on, he and Doyoung would beat those people.

 

Lee Sicheng was the last of the Lee brothers to be born. Many people would say that being the youngest had its positives and negatives, but Sicheng would say that the negatives outweighed the positives. His brothers gave him a lot of love and affection because he was the youngest, hated. Fortunately, after his teeth came in, he could use them as a shield against his brothers. Even though he hated skinship, he still loved his brothers very much.
 

The lee brothers always swore to protect each other no matter what happens. Unfortunately, they were all in a messy situation as of right now; 8 of the 9 brothers were all in Taeil's room were panicking as Johnny, the brother that was missing, was currently getting yelled at by their father across the hall from them. 

"This is all my fault." 

"No, it's mine. I lost control."

 

"It's neither of your faults Johnny would have done this even if it wasnt you two," Taeil said, trying to calm his younger brothers down even though he was extremely worried for his brother as he had never seen their father so angry before. The yelling soon came to a stop when they heard their father's study door room open. They waited a few seconds before Johnny slowly walked into the room.

 

" What did appa say? "Ten asked. Johnny tried his best to not look sad as he knew it would make the situation. "dad is sending me away first thing tomorrow morning," Johnny said calmly, trying to keep his cool. Jaehyun and Sicheng started crying while the others began to protest " he can't do that, " Doyoung said furiously " Yeah, who the hell does he thinks is " Yuta said as they all comment on what was happening to Johnny.

 

Johnny wished he could joke and smile, but he was unable to do so. He had no choice but to accept it. "Can you all shut up," he screamed, causing all of his brothers to quiet down. "You nor I can stop this," Johnny said as he began to cry. His brothers were taken aback because they had never seen him struggle that much before. 

 

Doyoung rushed over to embrace Johnny as he began to cry, and their brothers soon followed. So for the rest of the night, they helped Johnny pack up his things, they tried to lightning the mood by telling their favorite thing about Johnny, but that only turned into more crying. They all slept together liked they used to do when some of them were younger. 


They didn't have to have breakfast together or say goodbye as one of the maids woke Johnny up early for him to get ready to leave. Johnny sighed as he looked at his sleeping brothers. He started to remember all the good times he spent with his brothers until now he laughed.

 

"Goodbye, guys," he said as he grabbed his suitcase along with leaving the letter he had written his brothers before he had went to bed. Johnny got one more look at the house before getting into the car " goodby house, it's been fun, I guess," he said before the car pulled off.

 

The lee brothers woke up a few hours later." I thought it was a dream, "Yuta said when they realized Johnny wasn't there" the bastard could have least, let say, goodbye, " Doyoung said. 

A month or so had passed since their father sent Johnny away. It felt wired with Johnny not being there as he was mood make there person they went when they need advice now him not being there felt foreign to them.


 Doyoung and Ten were both affected by his absences the most, and Doyoung blamed himself for Johnny being sent away. Ten, on the other hand, felt as though he had lost his best friend. The two rebelled a lot more and lashed out at their father. They got into an argument with their father anytime Johnny was brought up in conversation. Their father had enough of both of them, so like Johnny, he sent them away.  

 

Their brothers were sad hearing the news of the two getting sent away like Johnny. Ten and Doyoung apologized a lot that night for what they had done, but their brothers weren't mad at them one bit. Like Johnny, they were sent away early in the morning, not getting to tell the brothers goodbye.Unlike Johnny, when Ten and Doyoung got outside, two separate cars were waiting for them. They hugged each other goodbye then got into the car that was waiting on them.

 

A few months had gone by now without Doyoung, Johnny, or Ten. Taeil tried to keep his brothers under control so they would get sent away, but that didn't happen as Jaehyun, Yuta, and Taeyong were the next to be sent. They all had small hatred for their father at first, but after their brothers went away, they blamed their father every second they could.

 

So cycle had repeated itself. Taeil slowly lost it, but he pulled himself together, knowing he had to be strong for Kun and Sicheng. About a year had passed, and luckily none of them got sent away. Getting back to regular for them had taken some time as they miss their brother so much, and it felt so weird not to have them there with them, but with time things got back to normal. 

 

Until Kun told Taeil, he was getting sent away by their father after an incident had happened the night. "what happened" Taeil asked, "well, you know how dad forced me to got that conference." Kun began to explain Taeil only nod as he listened. Kun explained how they brought Johnny and the others in a conversation and how they talked negatively about them " I tried I really tried to keep my cool, but dad blamed everything on Johnny, and I just lost it," Kun said.

 

 "I'm sorry, hyung, I really am, " Kun said as they began to cry. Taeil hugged Kun. The two embraced each other " how am I gonna tell Sicheng" Kun said as he cried his heart out. Taeil almost forgot about the younger " I'm sure he'll understand"

 

When they told Sicheng that Kun would be sent away like the rest of his brothers, Sicheng threw a fit and ran away. "I hate you all," he said before running. Taeil and Kun anticipated this, so they gave Sicheng some breathing room. Like the others, Taeil helped Kun in packing his ting. Before going to bed that night, Kun tried to speak to Sicheng, but he ignored him and Taeil for the rest of the night.

 

After Kun left, it was just Taeil and Sicheng for a few months until Taeil just went crazy one day. It was totally out of the blue Taeil just started screaming and throwing things at something he believed was in front of him, but nothing was there when the maids tried to explain. He went even more crazy, even almost attacking the maids.

 

 Sicheng had witnessed the whole thing. He went to comfort, but the maids tried to stop him at first in fear he would get hurt, but Sicheng pushed them away. "Hyung," Sicheng said, tearing up as he hugging his older brother, hoping to calm him down. An it did as Taeil calmed down when he realized Sicheng was hugging him " Sicheng," he said, clutching his younger brother as he began crying.

 

" I'm sorry, Sicheng. I'm so sorry that I couldn't protect our brothers," Taeil crying. "No hyung it, not your fault, and I'm sorry for what I said. I dont hate any of you for that matter," Sicheng said. The two just sat there hugging each other, crying. They fell asleep from crying, still sitting in the same position.

 

Of course, the maids had told their father, and he was not happy, so he had the maid pack Taeil things as he would be getting sent away that day, not even letting the boy know. Taeil and Scheng had woken to their father telling them to get up. They were confused at first till they saw two guards standing behind their dad " take him away," they're said.

 

Taeil and Sicheng were both baffled when they learned their father was planning to remove Taeil. When the guards grabbed Taeil, Sicheng went insane. "Let him go," he yelled as he grabbed Taeil's hand, and the two began crying as the maids tried to drag Sicheng away.

 

They both scream each other's names as they were pulled apart from the guards and maids. Their father stood there watching the two unamused with the two. "I loved " was the last thing Taeil said before he got dragged away from Sicheng. "No," Sicheng screamed, bitting one of them, maid. He quickly let him go from being bitten. Sicheng raced to get to Taeil, but it was too late as the car he was put already in was driving away.

 

Sicheng ran to his room and sobbed uncontrollably. Sicheng screamed and cried, "Why did all my brothers have to leave me?" Sicheng remained in his room for the next week or so, refusing to come out or eat. He did nothing but cry in his bed. 

 

His father had come to his room one day in total disgust that Sicheng was still upset over Taeil's leaving. He told Sicheng to get over it, causing his youngest to rolled his eyes. Then, he called his father a bastard under his breath. "Well, I'm just letting you know I am getting remarried, and not only that, you are the heir now, so get your act together," his father said. 

 

Sicheng quickly sat up. He was utterly dumbfounded at what his father just told him. First, he sends his brothers away, and now he's getting remarried. " what do you mean you're getting remarried, and I dont want to be the new heir " Sicheng said, crossing his arms. "Well, I dont care what you and you will be the next heir whether you like it or not," his father said, completely ignoring the getting remarried part before walking out of his room.

 

Sicheng threw the cover over his head and screamed from that point on Sicheng decided he would be an absolute terror until he gets sent away like his brothers.

 

A few months had passed when Sicheng finally had to meet his supposedly new stepmother. And they despised each other from the moment they met, and they were constantly arguing with each other. When he called her a botched gold-digging barbie doll, and she nearly hit him, but he threatened that if she tried it again, he would call his crazy mother, even though he was lying through his teeth because he didn't know his mother's phone number at the time.

 

It took about a year for his scumbag of a father and the two face witch two get married. The wedding wasnt so bad as Johnny, Kun, Yuta, and Doyoung's mothers showed up at the wedding yelling and screaming about how he sent their sons away without them knowing and demanded to know where they were. His father refused to tell them where their sons were, which pissed them off even more.

 

An Sicheng may have started a small fight between Stacy, his father's wife, and Johnny and Kun's mother. Sicheng also understood why Kun has some major anger issues that day. Before brother's mothers were kicked out of the wedding, his father and Stacy had gotten wedding cake, and wine all over them after Kun's mother threw them. Luckily he wasnt in the way when that happened. His father's and Stacy's day was utterly ruined, but it was the most funniest day of Sicheng's life.

 

It has been three years. Sicheng had reached the age of thirteen. He has no idea how he has survived for so long; he and Stacy, his father's wife, argued nearly every day for everything, but it was his brothers that kept him going and prevented him from killing his father and Stacy. He also changed a lot over the years, from the sweet, quiet, gentle kid he used to be. He grew into a spoiled brat who was obnoxious and disrespectful.


 
Today, rather than any other day, was a bad day for him because it was the anniversary of Johnny being sent away. On the anniversary of his brother's getting sent away, he was particularly moody and, although he usually stayed in his room crying, he wanted to come out for some fresh air on this particular day. He looked like a complete mess when he walked out of the room. His eyes were red from crying all night and all morning, and his hair was in a hipping messy. 

 

"You look like trash," Stacy said when she saw Sicheng walk into the kitchen " at least I dont like trash every day like you," he said, not even bothering to look at to see her reaction as he grabbed an apple and began to walk away. " least my brothers didn't get sent out for being dumb who dont know how to act," she said smirking. Sicheng stopped in his tracks. He slowly turned around, clenching his fist.

 

He took a breath and decided to not say anything " at least my oldest brother didn't sent to the loony bin for being for a complete psycho," she said. "Take it back," Sicheng said. 

 

"No, cause your brother is a psycho who will forever stay in the loony bin," she said. Sicheng saw red as that was the final straw for him as everything went black. When Sicheng had returned to reality, the kitchen was in a complete mess, and Stacy was hiding in fear behind the maids.When his father found this, he was extremely angry with Sicheng and demanded he apologizes to Stacy. 

 

Sicheng refused as he didn't want to " I won't apologize to that witch for what she said about Taeil hyung," he said, which earned him a slap to the face. Sicheng wasnt even fazed as this wasnt the first time his father hit him. "Why dont you just send me away like you did, my brothers." 

 

"Gladly, since you want to behave like them so much, you'll be gone first thing in the morning," his father said. Sicheng only nodded before walking away to go back to his bags. Still, Sicheng wanted to do something to really piss father and Stacy off before he left. And luckily, his father and Stacy left for the evening and wouldn't back till tomorrow after he left. 

 

So he gave all the staff the rest of the night off. Once they left, he began his plan as he headed to Yuta's room to grab his pranking kit that had a do not touch on it. "It's not like he's here to stop me," Sicheng thought. As he was about to leave Yuta's room. He noticed a picture on Yuta's shelf. It was him and his brothers on Taeyong's birthday. 

They were smiling " man I miss those time " Sichenfg thought as placed the picture in his pocket.

 

He set up all the nonharmful prank explosions in different parts of the house. He placed the messiest one in Stacy's closet " man, if Johnny and Ten were here, they would give you an F on your fashion sense," Sicheng said as he set up the sticky glue explosion. Once he finished, he made sure to set a timer for them to go off for when he left.

 

Once he finished setting up the explosion, he went to finish pack his bags " finally leaving this hell hole," he thought. He was up early the following day while waiting for the car he got once the last look at the house " I wonder is how they felt when leaving," Sicheng said. To be truthful, he couldn't tell if he was happy or sad to be leaving his home.

 

Sicheng said his final goodbyes to the house as he headed out to the car. Once inside, he got his last look before the car pulled off. He pulled out the picture he put in his pocket and started crying somewhat happy tears.

 

" I'm finally free, hyungs. I hope we meet again someday".