END

Draw me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s twenty minutes into live drawing class when Chaewon decides that maybe, just maybe, she might have taken a wrong turn somewhere along the hallways and wound up in hell.

It’s not the ridiculous professor in charge (“ten second gestures for the first five minutes, go!” if panic and desperation had a sound, it would’ve sounded exactly like a room full of art students after having heard that phrase). It’s not even that one hungry-eyed student currently appraising the model as if she were a piece of meat (which. Ew. Stop, dude. Control yourself).

No, the main reason for her current residence in hell, is that the model for today, (who is currently arcing herself into a strangely attractive dynamic pose with the help of a pole, holy ) is her girlfriend. Her very attractive girlfriend who is currently being studied by many, many students, herself included and – she messed up that line – staring uncomfortably right at her as she draws.

Chaewon’s pretty sure were it any other model, this situation would be a complete faux pas and avoided entirely, but no. Yujin too-attractive-for-her-own-good Ahn is here, making direct eye contact as she quickly contorts herself into another almost dance pose, and Chaewon has to fight to keep her hands steady just to put a line on paper.

“Time! Good job you guys, take five.”

People visibly sag with relief in their spots, Yujin picks up her robe and wraps it quickly around herself, giving the students a quick smile and bow as she moves off the platform. Chaewon throws her charcoal stub onto her easel and drops herself onto the high stool behind her with a sigh.

Her phone buzzes against her and the stool. She wipes her charcoal dusted fingers on a rag and fishes the phone out from under her.

I c u

She rolls her eyes, but doesn’t look up to where Yujin is sitting in the corner of the classroom. She knows exactly what kind of expression her girlfriend would be making.

can u pls not stare at me while i’m drawing?

Y not?

it’s distracting.

But u look so handsome staring at me like that while drawing ;))

A beat, and then.

I want u 2 draw me like one of your french girls.

Chaewon swears her eyes fell out of her head with how hard she rolled them at that last text.

one, we don’t have french models. two, really.

;))))

“Everybody back? Okay, good. So now, we’re gonna do longer poses, five minutes each. Ready?” The professor asks, looking between Yujin and the class. Yujin nods and begins undressing on her way to the platform. The students tense and pick up their charcoals. Chaewon drops her phone back onto the stool and scrabbles for her own.

Yujin pulls off her robe with a small flourish, drapes it over the back of the bar stool on the platform and assumes a sitting position, thoughtfully hunched over, arms braced against her propped up knees, and folded just so, fingers crooked delicately under her chin – and staring directly at Chaewon.

Chaewon’s mouth automatically drops, and she spends an eternity just staring blankly into the absolute vision Yujin is, sitting poised like that. The relaxed hunch of her shoulders, her strategically folded arms, obscuring just enough to show only a hint of , the line of muscled tension in her calves and up her thighs–

“Don’t take too long staring at the model now. I know she’s very attractive but you still have to draw, Chaewon.”

Her jaw snaps shut with an audible click. “Right, sorry.” A low murmur of laughter ripples through the class and she ducks behind her easel and board, face aflame.

When she looks back out from behind the safety of her board, it’s to her girlfriend’s dark, dark eyes and y half smirk, and she thinks she might just die.

“Next pose!” The professor calls, and Yujin obediently shifts into another effortlessly beautiful pose (softly arced back, head turned away but tilted just so to catch the studio light and still, that heart-stopping stare; god damn it Yujin). He passes by Chaewon’s one minute scribble of the previous pose and tuts.

“Faster, Chaewon.”

“Yes, sir,” she mumbles, unclipping the newsprint from her board for the fresh sheet under it.

The next few poses go a little better, even if she still feels hot in the face from Yujin’s unrelenting gaze. By now, her classmates seem to have caught onto the weird stare downs going on between their model of the day and her. She can see it in the way their eyes cut to her briefly between long looks at Yujin, but thankfully not a single soul has yet to comment on it.

“Time. Well done, guys. Ten minutes break, stretch, get a drink, then come back and we’ll do thirty minute poses.”

A collective sigh of relief rises from the class, as one by one they get up to leave. Chaewon sags into her stool. One of her leaving classmates gives her a grin and raises his eyebrows, tilting his head towards Yujin – who is currently getting the professor to sign something – and makes a kissy face.

Chaewon glares at him, miming a backhand and he laughs, putting both hands up in surrender and leaves.

“Hm, so that’s how I look in five minutes.”

Her heart takes a flying leap out of her chest and into at the voice. She turns and Yujin is there, smiling that mischievous half smile.

“That is one nicely rendered back. I’d be lying if I said that looking at it all done up like that didn’t make me feel loved.”

“You’re killing me,” Chaewon whines, holding out her charcoal stained hands helplessly.

Yujin steps into the space between her hands and slips her hands into the back pockets of Chaewon’s jeans. “You like it,” she says, giving her a quick peck.

Chaewon inhales deeply. “Of course I do,” she mumbles, “but I need to be able to concentrate in this class.”

Yujin’s eyes curve into her signature eyesmile. “On me?”

“On drawing you.”

Yujin pouts. “Spoilsport.”

Chaewon pecks her quickly on the lips. “I’ll make it up to you.”

“So you’ll draw me like one of your french girls?” Yujin laughs.

“Oh my god.” Chaewon shoves her laughing girlfriend with the clean heel of her palm. Yujin squeezes, then pulls her hands out of Chaewon’s back pockets with a laugh, going back to her corner of the classroom to stand by.

A low whistle and a quiet ‘woah’ catches her attention. Chaewon turns to face the amused looks of her classmates and raises a finger threateningly.

“Don’t.”

“Aw c’mon, Chae. She asked real nice like. Draw her like one of your french girls already.”

Chaewon immediately pelts him with her kneaded eraser. Her classmates burst into laughter, some of them take turns fluttering, mimicking Rose’s eponymous couch pose with swooning expressions and breathy noises. Chaewon shoves one of them when he pretends to fan himself while quoting Rose in a high pitched voice.

“Alright, alright, settle down class.” The professor says, making sit-down gestures as he crosses to the front of the class.

“Let’s do a…” He checks his watch. “Forty minute pose, then we’ll call it a day. I want it as fully rendered as you can get it, that means shadows, mid-tones, highlights.” He nods at Yujin to get ready. She nods back, hands on the knot of her robe.

Yujin steps up onto the platform and rearranges the props and cushions around it. The class takes the time to pass around extra papers and newsprint. Some get up to sharpen their charcoal pencils. Her classmate hands her her kneaded eraser. Chaewon thanks her with a nod and grin, turning to settle more comfortably in her chair when she catches Yujin’s smirk. Oh no.

Several of her classmates quickly stifle surprised giggles at the pose Yujin assumes on the platform, atop all the strategically piled cushions and cloths.

“Holy ,” someone says, voice shaky with barely concealed laughter.

Holy indeed, because her wonderful, devious girlfriend has decided to take matters into her own hands, choosing to arrange herself in the very same pose Kate Winslet had taken on that damn couch on the set of Titanic. How the heck did Yujin get that many pillows to replicate that pose anyway?

One of the kids in front gives her girlfriend a thumbs up and Yujin treats them all to a heart stopping dimpled-smile. Someone inhales sharply. Chaewon feels a strange surge of pride well up in her. A nameless happiness her brain expresses only in an excited ‘that’s my girlfriend!!’. Yujin settles her burning gaze on her. She freezes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter