1

Decision

 

I run down the stairs and hurriedly wear my school shoes. “Ottokae~ He's gonna be mad~ I'm so late~” I run towards school, only to stop for traffic. Fortunately, school was only ten minutes away from my house. I slowed down and take a few breath to calm my pants. I look at my watch and sigh in relief. I'm not late. I walk towards my locker and put my maths book in my locker. I close my locker door and jump in fright. “Yah. Do you know that you're five minutes late? You didn't set your alarm again, did you?” I put a hand on my chest and pout at him. “Youngjae oppa, don't do that! I could have a heart attack. How many times do I have to tell you? Aren't you tired doing that all the time?”

Yah! Don't change the subject! Answer my question!” I flinch at his tone. He doesn't realize how scared I am when he raise his voice at me. He know my past for crying out loud. “Yah! Yang Jaeyoung! Are you deaf? Are you mute? Answer me!” I couldn't handle it anymore and run away from him. He shouted my name but I ignore and run as fast as I can. I can't bare it anymore. Every time I'm late even just a minute, he'll scold me and insults me. I enter the girl's bathroom and lock myself in one of the cubicle. I don't care if the bell rings or class was about to start soon, I can't let anyone see me crying. People know me as the bubbly, smiling bagel girl who always ace her test and love to help people. After a while, I finally calmed down and walk out from the cubicle. I wash my face and applied powder and a little bit of lip gloss. After making sure there was no evidence of me crying, I walk out from the bathroom and go to the office to excuse me from school today. I walk home and change to my work attire. I walk to Fairytale Cafe and greet everyone. “What time is it? I didn't know school ended early today.” I turn around and smile. “OPPA!” I run to him and flung myself to him. He hug me back and chuckle. “Dongsaeng ah, you miss oppa that much, hmm?” I nod and pout. He pinch my cheek and nuzzle his nose with mine. “Aigoo~ My poor dongsaeng.”

Yah! Yang Yoseob! Stop hogging your sister! People will misunderstand.”

Doojoon oppa!” I jump out from Yoseob oppa's arms and flung myself to Doojoon oppa. “Hey there, Jaeyoung. I miss you too.” Soon,the other oppas comes in and hug me. You know my oppas right? They are a group consist of six guys, including my Yoseob oppa call BEAST/B2ST. They've been very busy these days and rarely see me or even talk to me but I don't mind because this is oppa's dream since he was young. Fairytale Cafe is own by Dongwoon oppa's older brother and I've been helping with the shop since freshmen. After taking their orders, I went to the back and make their drinks. “Here you go, oppas.” I serve them their drinks. “Thanks, baby~ I sure know how to treat your oppas.”

This is nothing, Gikwang oppa.”

Come and join us, Youngie. It's been a while since we hang out or talk.”

I don't know, Hyunseung oppa.” Junghyung oppa then wrap his arms around my waist and pull me to his lap. “Don't worry about your boss. If he scold you, we'll ask Woonie to reason with him.”

Thanks, hyung. Sure. Throw me to the sharks to save the fairy princess from the wicked boss.”

I heard that, Dongwoon” Dongwoon oppa stuck out his tongue and mumble something incoherent making all of us laugh. We talk, joke and laugh together until it was time for us to close the cafe. My heart feel heavy to let the oppas go but I can't be selfish. Yoseob oppa isn't mine alone now. He also belong to B2uties all over the world. “Honey Bunny, are you okay?” I look up to see Dongwoon oppa looking at me with worried eyes. I smile at him and nod. “It's just that we spent half the day together and it's hard for me to let you guys leave. You guys are busy with your practice and such while I'm busy with school. We don't live under the same roof and we barely get to go out anymore without you guys being followed by paparazzi.” my eyes began to water with every word I say out loud. Junhyung oppa, second closest to me, pull me into his arms and my hair. “I feel lonely at most times.”

I thought you have Youngjae, your boyfriend -” I push Junhyung oppa away and glare at them. “Don't say his name!”

Baby....Sweetheart....What did he do to you? Did he -”

No! He did nothing! That's what he did! All he did or do is get mad at me for no reason! He's not the same Youngjae oppa anymore! He distance himself from me and barely talks to me. All he does is scream, shout, call me names, hiss, snarl -”

I get it! I get it! Don't say anything. Just – Just cry and let oppa wipe away those tears for you.” I cried in Yoseob oppa's arms, sobbing uncontrollably until I ruined his shirt. Doojoon oppa had ask the president a favor for BEAST/B2ST to be excuse for at least a week. After Doojoon oppa told the president about my condition, the president arranged for all seven of us go on a vacation for two weeks in Paris. “Jaeyoung-ah, you hear that? Our president is giving us a free two week vacation in Paris. Aren't you happy?”

I am but -”

No more 'buts' coming out from that y lips of yours, Bunny Boo. We're going whether you like it or not. Do you understand me?” I nod at Junhyung oppa and give him a small smile.

 



 

 

Two week of vacation with my oppas was all I need. We had a great time and it was a shame we had to separate now. “Call oppa as soon as possible. Arraso?” I giggle and kiss Yoseob oppa's cheek. “Deyh, oppa. I'm going to miss you.”

As I'm going to miss you, Honey Bunny. You're going to be fine, right?”

Mmm. Ka! Your ride is waiting.” he hug me for the last time and leave. “Good luck, BEAST/B2ST oppas! Fighting!” I shouted as I wave them good bye. I take a cab home and unpack my suitcase.

I walk through the front gate and greet students that greet me. I close my locker and was about to walk to class when someone yank me. “Ah! What the -” I turn and see a very angry, agitated Youngjae oppa. I totally forgot to tell him that I went to Paris for two weeks. “Oppa -”

Where the hell have you been for these past two weeks?! Why didn't you answer any of my phone calls or text?! Why is there no one at your house?!”

Oppa, let go of me. You're hurting me.”

Answer my question, Yang Jaeyoung!”

Let Go!” I slap him and he let go of me. Students starts to whisper. “I'm tired of you controlling me, shouting at me for no reason, calling me names and treat me like trash! I'm tired of being the person who have to suffer with her boyfriend's treatments! I'm tired of you, of us! What happened to you?! What did I do so wrong that you treat me this way?! I have had enough of you treating me like trash! Starting from now, there is no more us. We're over, Yoo Youngjae.” I turn and leave the school grounds. I run to the cafe and call Yoseob oppa. He came with the other BEAST/B2ST oppas minutes later and hug me. “I'm so sorry, Honey Bunny. I'm so sorry that I wasn't there to beat the crap out of him. I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you from this heartbreak. I'm so, so sorry.” I sobbed harder in his arms and for the second time in my life, I feel so empty and hollow. First it was my parents, now Youngjae oppa. God, what did I do so wrong?

 

 

Third Person POV

 

Hyung.” Youngjae turn and see Zelo looking at him with uncertain eyes. “Wae?”

Is it true?”

What's true, Junhong?”

You make your girlfriend mad at you so that she break up with you.” Youngjae smile sadly and nod. “But why? I thought you love your girlfriend.”

I still do. I did it because I love her, Junhong. I won't have time for her after this and knowing her, she can't stand being in that situation. That's why I did it so that she'll leave me and find someone else better than me.”

What if she doesn't?” Youngjae turn and look at the stars. “I'll search for her in the future and ask her to be mine forever.”

Damn! Who knew 'the brain' can be cheesy romantic?” Youngjae roll his eyes and glare at Himchan. “I'm ignoring you, Himchan hyung. Starting now.”