Ultimate Unnie #1: Observant Unnie

Erudition
Please log in to read the full chapter

I still can't format properly here. Sorry.

 

×××

 

The first time Joohyun thought that there's something off with Yeri is when she thinks she caught the younger girl looking like she was glaring at Seulgi, and at the time, the eldest didn't think so much about it. She and their maknae have this so-called 'resting face' when they're not actively schooling their affect, so she's betting Yeri is probably tired or hungry.

 

The eldest almost patted herself on the back when Yeri asked, "Seulgi-unnie, do you have some snacks with you?"

 

Their main dancer didn't seem to have heard the inquiry judging by the way she's still engrossed with her phone followed by a snicker as she read something funny. Joohyun thought Seulgi is acting a bit differently (she's never too engrossed in her phone when she's with company), but didn't comment on it. But hearing something, she turned her eyes on Yeri because she thinks she heard the latter scoff but the younger's face didn't seem to change a bit, although she's still sporting that kind-of-annoyed look.

 

Joohyun thought Yeri was a bit out of it since this is the first night when both Seulgi and the youngest moved back to the dorm because of the comeback. She highly doubts Seulgi kept any stash of anything in the dorm. Normally, Yeri is quick with her wits and would realize that, but the youngest seems to be occupied with something else.

 

Only Seungwan and her (because she didn't want to have a place on her own in Seoul, her home will always be with her family in Daegu and in the dorms with the members) are the ones who stay in the dorms. Seulgi, Sooyoung and Yeri all have a place of their own, so Joohyun thinks the maknae is out of it asking Seulgi—who arrived later than the youngest herself—for snacks when she was there and she's the one who currently lives in the place.

 

Since they're preparing for a comeback, they all decided to settle back at the dorm for the preparation. It was just the three of them since Sooyoung and Seungwan aren't with them now because of individual schedules.

 

"Ah, Seulgi-yah," Joohyun nudged, finally getting the second eldest's attention.

 

"Huh? What was that?"

 

Joohyun was about to speak for Yeri to avoid unnecessary spat knowing the youngest was brewing with bad mood, when the girl suddenly stood up making both her and Seulgi look up seeing the leveled up annoyance on her face.

 

"Nevermind, unnie," Yeri says flatly, "I think I'll just grab something from the convenience store downstairs,"

 

Seulgi turned to her sporting a confused face silently asking 'what just happened' before a notification beep distracted her. Joohyun, on the other hand, felt a whiplash with Yeri's mood.

 

Sure, Yeri was a bit playful but she's never just rude, so Joohyun was naturally worried. She was worried that she forgot to offer her stash instead.

 

However, when Yeri came back after a few minutes with a bagful of Pocky and some banana milk with a visibly lighter mood, Joohyun decided that the maknae was just hangry.

 

 

×××

 

It was like déjà vu when Joohyun found herself staring at Yeri's glaring eyes, but this time, Seungwan was the oblivious receiving end.

 

The three of them are in the living area of the dorm, just lounging with TV as the background noise. The five of them decided to have a movie night but Sooyoung and Seulgi aren't home yet. Seungwan sitting on one side of the longer sofa, Joohyun on the other end and Yeri on the single seat on her right.

 

Seungwan was busy with her phone—which is an unusual sight by the way, their vocalist is never on her phone when at home—while the youngest is looking at her looking very annoyed.

 

Joohyu

Please log in to read the full chapter