Part 1

Be My Guide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"It's just one day, Chorong."

"I know but," Chorong sighs over the phone. "You're not the best with directions.. or anything to do with surviving on your own, really." Naeun scoffs. "It's really hard to properly enjoy my day of sightseeing with you nagging my ear off the entire time, I'll call you back when I'm a bit more settled." She replies with a slightly annoyed edge to her voice.

The phone is silent for a moment and Naeun tell Chorong just rolled her eyes. "Do whatever you need to do, I'll see you tomorrow morning." Chorong says before hanging up.

Naeun softly chuckles to herself as she puts her phone away. She loved Chorong dearly and knew her worries were solely out of love, but Naeun couldn't wait for that phone call to be over. She knew she wouldn't have much time to enjoy herself once Chorong arrived the next day, as set up for the show would officially begin.

Naeun walks along the streets, taking pictures of every few buildings she saw. Gongjin was truly an small, historical town and she felt even more confident that it'd be the perfect place for the show. As she continues walking, the smell of the ocean begins to linger in the air until it grows stronger and stronger. Naeun is drawn to it, following the distant sound of waves crashing onto the shore.

Her journey takes her to a pier that stands next to a large, red lighthouse. Naeun looks at the lighthouse in awe. While in the city, she'd never seen a lighthouse in person, and she'd definitely never seen one this big. She points her camera toward it, but is met with disappointment when the top of the lighthouse remains out of frame.

Refusing to give up, Naeun takes a step back in an attempt to get a better view. Nope, I still haven't gotten all of it. Naeun takes another step backwards and is still unsuccessful. Now slightly frustrated, Naeun continues stepping back until she hears a voice shouting in the distance. However, the warning is too late as Naeun now finds herself losing her footing and gravity beginning to take hold.

Panic sets in as Naeun realizes she'd stepped too far and would now be taking an unexpected plunge into the rocky shoreline below her. She lets out a scream and shuts her eyes in fear, anticipating the intimidating drop followed by the pain of slamming onto the rocks below. However, it never comes.

Naeun slowly opens her eyes as she realizes she isn't falling at all. In fact, her fall was being prevented by a stranger holding onto the camera that now had an uncomfortable tightness on the back of her neck. Without thinking, she grabs the stranger's arm and is helped back onto her feet.

"You just saved my life," Naeun says between short, quick breaths. "Thank you." The stranger shakes their head. "No, I saved your cameras life." They retort. "Any person can be rescued, but cameras die." Naeun looks at the woman incredulously, still trying to catch her breath. "Your camera may be shockproof, but it isn't waterproof, you know."

"You know a lot about cameras." Naeun says as her breathing begins to return back to normal. The woman smugly holds up her own camera and Naeun's eyebrows raise in shock. "That's the latest model." She breathes out. "Nobody can get their hands on it, how did you find it?" The woman chuckles. "Seems like you also know a lot about cameras." She observes. "Do you work with them for a living? Or is it for leisure?" Naeun hesitates. She knows the full truth will come out eventually, but she didn't want to give out her entire life story to someone she didn't know.. even if that stranger did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter