love,

hello,

First of all, hello again everyone. As you can see, I'm back with another oneshot. 

 

Before we start, I understand that you might feel hatred or annoyed at some of the characters here but may we please refrain from relating it to them in real life? This is all fiction after all.

 

And also, if you want, you can  tweet your thoughts or reactions with the ht #HLJJ12. I'd be happy to read whatever you have to tweet, it gives me a sense of excitement and determination to continue on.

 

As usual, there might be errors as you go along. I'll try and fix it later.

 

That's all! Enjoy reading.

 

-12

 


 

SPRING OF 2018

 

Minju Kim,

March 15, 2018

 

Finally! It's spring! My favorite out of all the seasons. Why is it my favorite, you may ask? Well, to tell you honestly, there's really no deep reason behind it. I just like it because I like how the flowers bloom when it's spring. I like how Spring represents rebirth of one thing. I like the idea that spring is full of joy, and love, and everything good seems to happen during this season. For me, at least. I don't know about y'all. I have encountered many bad things lately, and as the season had just started, I hope only good things happen to me. I hope Spring will be good to me. And I hope it will stop bringing me pain, I've had enough of that in Winter.

 

"Kim Minju! Hurry up and come down! We're hungry already!" 

 

Minju's thoughts got disturbed as she hears shouting coming from outside her room. She closes her journal it puts it back to its rightful place. With a sigh, she stood up and left, making her way to the dining room where they are waiting.

 

"Finally! We're starving!"

 

"You could've just started without me you know." she rolled her eyes as she sat down.

 

"If we do that then you won't have any food left, now let's stop talking and start eating."

 

"Gosh, you guys act like you haven't eaten anything in years."

 

They all sent a glare towards her as Minju shakes her head in amusement.

 

By they, she meant her friends slash housemates.

 

"So, ladies, any plans for today?" Hyewon, the third oldest in the house asked as she takes a  bite of her waffles.

 

"Hm, not quite much, just gonna go shopping and then rest after." Eunbi, the owner of the house, and the oldest, replied.

 

"I see, so you're doing typical rich girl shenanigans today? Good for you." Hyewon teased as the oldest threw a small piece of bread towards her direction. Hyewon laughed out loud and picked the piece of bread up that landed on her plate before eating it.

 

"Nothing new actually, still probably gonna be stuck at work." Sakura, the second oldest and the only foreigner in the household commented with a sad pout.

 

"That unnie, your boss still giving you a hard time?" Yuri, the second youngest asked while taking a bite of her bacon sandwich.

 

"Yeah, she's the worst really. Is she not aware that her employees need to rest at times for them to function properly? I can't with her."

 

"But didn't you mention your boss is a workaholic?" Wonyoung, the youngest, the tallest, and the lawyer of the household clarified.

 

"Yeah she is, and I think she wants to turn us just like her! Seriously this woman is nuts!"

 

"Good thing my boss is not a workaholic." Hyewon commented nonchalantly.

 

"You don't have a boss because YOU are the boss." Eunbi scoffed.

 

"I don't? What do you call yourself then?" she smirked when she saw a faint blush made it's way to Eunbi's cheeks.

 

"Shut up and eat, you dork!"

 

"Aish, why do you guys fight always? Start acting like a couple will 'ya?" Minju, the third youngest complained, her forhead creased.

 

"Stop doing that with your forehead, you're starting to look older than grandma here." she teased the oldest again, for who knows how many times. "Anyways, enough of that, what's our little Wonyoungie's plans for today hm?" yeah, Hyewon likes babying her.

 

"Nothing much in particular. Just, go to the firm, meet clients, review cases."

 

"Aigoo my hardworking child." the older coeed and faced Yuri, "And I assume you'll be stuck in the studio?" 

 

"Yup." Yuri answered, "There's this new soloist I need to compose a song for."

 

"Which company?"

 

"YR Entertainment."

 

Hyewon nodded and faced her, "And you, young lady? What'll you be doing for today?"

 

"I don't know, probably just stuck here at home, reading, baking...the usual."

 

"Goodness Min get a life." Hyewon complained frustratingly. "You can't just keep living like that. Go out, have fun, meet new people for goodness sake."

 

"Hyewon-ah." Eunbi tried calming her down as she had sense the other was about to lose her cool.

 

"Unnie you know I'd rather just stay here, in the house, right were I belong."

 

"You're isolating yourself from others!" she unconsciously exclaimed. "You keep hiding yourself from others because of what happened. But Min, it's not your fault. Your name is cleared already."

 

"Yes, my name may be cleared but the scar is still here. Do you have any idea, how hard it is too keep trying to live a happy life with such past like that? Do you know how many times I've tried to erase that memory in mind yet I couldn't? Unnie this is hard for me too." her voice broke down as tears threatened to fall down. "I thought you out of all people will understand it the most. I guess I was wrong." she ran upstairs as her tears start to fall.

 

"Kim Minju! Come back here and finish breakfast!"  she made an attempt to stop her yet the younger didn't even look back.

 

"Don't worry unnie, I'll go check on her. Excuse me." Wonyoung stood and followed her.

 

"Unnie?" Minju looked up to her door when she heard a soft spoken voice call her from behind it.

 

"Come in." she meekly responded.

 

Wonyoung sigh when she saw the older crumpled down on her covers, soft sniffing can be heard as the younger sat down on the bed.

 

"You okay?"

 

"I'm okay, Wonyoung-ah, don't worry about me." Minju answered and sat up.

 

"You understand why Hyewon unnie reacted that way, right?"

 

"Yes, I know she's just looking our for me. But Wonyoung-ah, it's really hard you know? The scar is still there. And seemingly, no matter what I do, I am always reminded of what happened in the past."

 

"Minju unnie the reason why you're acting like that is because you chose to hold on to it. Try letting it go, unnie. It'll help out a lot."

 

"I'll keep that in mind. It's still hard now, but I know I'll eventually get there. Someday."

 

"You will, unnie, I believe in you." Wonyoung gave her a reassuring smile.

 

"Thanks, baby." 

 

"Stop frowning unnie. It's Spring, your favorite season, so cheer up!"

 

This made Minju giggle at how cute the younger was being. "Yeah, it's Spring already."

 

The door to Minju's room opened wide, revealing Hyewon. Wonyoung got up, and slowly left the room as Hyewon walked inside completely. The older sat down next to Minju.

 

"I'm sorry, Min. I'm just worried about you, you know."

 

"I know unnie. And I understand. But, I just need a little bit more time still. I need to time to heal, time to accept."

 

"Then take all the time you need, we'll be here for you."

 

Minju smiled and hugged the older. Hyewon hugged back and caressed her hair. "But Min, don't be too hard on yourself, okay? Go out, enjoy life, have fun, try and meet new people. Don't isolate yourself here."

 

"I'm happy with just staying here unnie."

 

"Minju." she said sternly.

 

"Okay, fine." Minju sighed. "I'll go with Eunbi unnie later."

 

"That's my girl." Hyewon smiled proudly. "Now let's go back down and continue eating breakfast, you'll have a long day if you're going shopping with Eunbi later."

​​

-

 

"See, Minju-ya, your sister is right. it's nice to go out of the house once in a while hm? When was the last time you went shopping anyways?" Eunbi ask while she was busy looking for clothes that would fit her taste. "It's nice isn't it?" she showed Minju the cardigan she took out from the rack and the younger nodded in approval.

 

"Probably about 5 months. That was before...that."

 

"Right. I can't believe you didn't went shopping for five months! I could've panic if I wasn't able to shop for that long." she chuckled at the younger's reaction. "Pick anything you want from here, I'll buy it for you."

 

Minju smiled and nodded before she went to look at the clothes. She admits, she missed this. 

 

I haven't been shopping for a while that I had forgotten how fun it is.

 

When they were done shopping for clothes, they went to a cafe right around the mall since Minju wanted ti treat Eunbi for taking her to shopping, she enjoyed it.

 

Minju insisted she'll order and made the older sit and wait for her to finish. While she was walking to the counter, she bumped into someone and the person's camera almost fell on the floor but the unknown stranger was able to quickly catch it.

 

"Oh my God I am so sorry." she quickly apologized.

 

"Watch it, lady." the stranger's voice was cold, and emotionless. That was the only thing she said before leaving quickly, like she's on a hurry.

 

Minju, despite having a hat on and a mask to cover her identity, scoffed after the stranger left. "Rude." she said and went to order.

 


 

"Ahn Yujin hurry up, I can't wait for you all day long." the person on the other line angrily said as Yujin quickly got inside her car, leaving the mall parking lot immediately.

 

"Yes, PD-nim. I'm on my way."

 

"Hurry up, I don't like waiting, Ahn." and then the other line hang up.

 

"." Yujin muttered frustratingly before speeding away.

 

-

 

"I'm here! I'm here!" she announced, panting.

 

"Fix your clothes." the lady in front of her said. "And where's your ID? PD-nim wouldn't be pleased to see you in this state." Hitomi, her senior, said.

 

The younger, however, just rolled her eyes. "Oh please, when was she ever pleased to see me? Or any of us?"

 

Hitomi sighed as Yabuki Nako's secretary went out, calling their attention. "PD-nimwould like to see you now."

 

Here goes nothing.

 

They got inside the room and was greeted by the PD's small figure, facing her back.

 

They both bowed and greeted her. "Good afternoon, PD-nim"

 

"Oh? Miss Honda, why are you here? If I can remember correctly, I only called for Ahn's presence."

 

Hitomi was taken aback and struggled to form a reply. "A-Ah, P-PD-nim, I-" she was cut off by Yujin.

 

"I asked her to join me, PD-nim. I hope you don't mind." 

 

"I see." she shortly replied. "Sit down, please. We have things to discuss."

 

Nako, the terror PD as everyone would call her, sat down first and offered for them to sit well, to which they both complied.

 

"So, Yujin-ssi, where were you planning to apply again?" 

 

The taller looked up to the PD talking in front. Shock evident on her eyes. "I was planning to apply in Canada, PD-nim. YJ Broadcasting Company to be specific."

 

The Director hummed as a response. "I reckon you're still waiting for that recommendation letter from me then?"

"Yes, PD-nim." she nodded eagerly, her eyes hopeful.

 

"I don't know about that, you still haven't proven much to me yet."

 

Her faced dropped when she heard the Director's response.

 

She was slowly losing hope. She's never gonna make her dream come true. She failed, yet again.

 

A million different thoughts came into her mind but was stopped when the PD spoke again.

 

"However, I will give you one assignment, and if you can pull this off, then I'll immediately secure you that recommendation letter."

 

"Sure thing, PD-nim! I'll do anything!"

 

"Very well then." Nako said smiling. "Do you know Kim Minju?"

 

Kim Minju?

 

"The former actress?" she clarified.

 

"Yes." the Director confirmed. "But, she's not a former actress just yet. I believe she's just taking a break because of the accident."

 

"So, what will I be doing?"

 

"I've talked to her agency, just recently, and they want Minju-ssi to get back to the industry. However, she insisted that she still won't. But, the amount of people wishing to see her back on the tv even if it's just a reality show or anything is very big, we cannot easily let this slide." she paused. "So, I've made an agreement with her agency, we'll be doing a new reality show im which Minju-ssi will star in, and you'll be filming."

 

"M-Me?" her eyes widened.

 

"Yes, you." she confirmed once again. "Get every detail taken. See how her life is doing after the accident. Know everything you need to know and get it on camera."

 

"P-PD-nim, h-how am I-I supposed to do that?" she stuttered.

 

"Befriend her, get her trust, I don't know. Just do it."

 

"PD-nim, I'm not sure about this. Wouldn't it be like we're violating her priva-"

 

"Are you questioning my decisions, Ahn?" Nako narrowed her eyes at the taller, making her audibly gulped.

 

"N-No, PD-nim." she looked down.

 

"That's what I thought. You want this recommendation letter, don't you?"

 

"Yes, very much."

 

"Then do as I say." her voice was firm as she turned her back against them. "And don't ever, question my decisions like that ever again."

 

"Understood, PD-nim. I'm sorry."

 

"That's all, you two may go out now."

 

"Yujin! Are you crazy?!" was the first thing Hitomi said when they got outside the office. 

 

Yujin avoided the comment and walked pass her.

 

"You're really gonna do it? Did you not think about the possible consequences of your actions? What if Minju-ssi finds out about it huh? She could press charges against you." Hitomi said. "Yujin-"

 

"Hitomi please, it's my dream that's on the line, I can't just let this oppurtunity slide." Yujin argued back, but Hitomi wasn't having any of it.

 

"But Yujin-ah if you do that, you're violating her right as a human! Are you not thinking about that?!"

 

"You're clearly reading this too much. Her agency agreed, didn't they? And as someone who's following a contract, she's required to do as the agency says." Yujin insited. "Just trust me, please? This is my dream we're talking about. You out of all people know how much I want it."

 

"I swear, Yujin, one day, this is gonna come back at you." Hitomi sighed frustratingly and left her there.

 

Yujin looked down and sighed. What did she just get herself involved in? But it's here already, she has no choice but to do it.

 

Now, all I need to do is to find her.

 

-

 

It took days before Yujin could find where the actress is now. No one, literally no one, was able to contact the said actress after the accident took place. She tried contacting her agency but they said they don't know where she is, the actress didn't specifically say anything about where she's currently residing, just the fact that she's in Seoul.

 

Well, at least she's just in Seoul.

 

Kim Minju, you are one hard woman to find.

 

Yujin literally had to ask help from her detective friend to know about the actress's whereabouts. 

 

"Here." Yuna, her same aged detective friend said as she handed the envelope. "A list of people she's living with is also there."

 

"Thank you."

 

"What do you need that for anyway?"

 

"Just...something."

 

"Not anything illegal, I hope?"

 

"Of course not!"

 

Yuna nodded. "Well I gotta go now." 

 

"Thanks again!"

 

"Yeah! Hang out soon!"

 

She went through the envelope and saw where the house was located together with the list of people she lives with including their personal information.

 

(A/N: As you will notice, their age and the years of their birthdays is not accurate for it to fit the storyline.)

 

Kwon Eunbi, 28, daughter of a chaebol. Her father gifted her  the house on her 24th birthday and lived with her fiance there before three people moved in.

 

Miyawaki Sakura, 27, Finance Manager at Lee Corp, Kwon Eunbi's best friend during university years. She started living with Eunbi and her fiance after she was kicked out of her apartment.

 

Jo Yuri, 24, Songwriter and Composer, best friend of the sister of Kwon's fiance. Started living there after she got kicket out of their house by her parents.

 

Jang Wonyoung, 22, Lawyer. She started living with the other four when she graduated from law school. Kwon's cousin.

 

Kim Minju, 24, Actress. Just recently moved in with them a month after the accident took place.

 

Kang Hyewon, 26, CEO of Kang Food Corp. Kwon's fiancee whom she first lived with in the house.

 

Kang Hyewon?

 

Yujin's eyes widened upon reading the name. 

 

Hyewon unnie?!

 

-

 

Yujin started rummaging through her old phone after she got home with the information she needed, looking for Hyewon's number that was sotred in her old phone.

 

"Hyewon unnie. Hyewon unnie. Aha! Here!"

 

She copied the number on her phone and sent a message, hoping the older still uses that number.

 

"Hello? Is this perhaps still Kang Hyewon's number?"

 

She waited for a few minutes before she got a reply from the older.

 

"Yes? Who is this?

 

"Unnie, it's me, Yujin."

 

"Yujin? Ahn Yujin?

 

"Is this really you?"

 

 

"Yeah, unnie."

 

 

"Wow Yujin-ah! I haven't seen you in ages! How are you?"

 

"I'm fine I guess."

 

 

"Hey listen unnie, is it okay if I can meet you for coffee tomorrow? Catch up with each other and stuff."

 

 

"Sure, yeah! Of course! Just text me the address."

 

 

"Great! See you tomorrow unnie!"

 

 

"See you, Yujin!"

 

-

 

Yujin was just sitting on her office cubicle while going through a few things when she reveived a call from Nako.

 

"Go to my office now, I need to know the progress of your assignment."

 

"Yes, PD-nim."

 

She stood up. "Where are you going?" Hitomi asked.

 

"Terror PD wants to see me in her office, she's asking for updates."

 

"Well good luck on that."

 

She nodded and went there,

 

When she was inside, she was instructed to take a sit opposite to the Director and so she did.

 

"What's the update on your assignment? And if it's not good news don't bother telling me, I'm stressing out too much already."

 

Right...one show got low ratings recently.

 

She clears before starting to talk. "It's great news actually, PD-nim. I've found out where Kim Minju lives including the group of people she lives with." Yujin finishes her sentence and sees Nako look at her with a stoic expression.

 

"And?" she's waiting for a continuation but Yujin got nothing.

 

"That's everything that I have so far, P-PD-nim."

 

"And you call that good news?" the Director sarcastically asked. "Do your job, and do it properly. It's been three days since I've informed you about this and you only have that information?"

 

"I-It w-was very h-hard to f-find her."

 

"Excuses!" she exclaimed loudly. "Whatever your plan is, do it faster. I'm only giving you 2 weeks to do this assignment. 2 weeks, Ahn Yujin. 2 weeks, or you say goodbye to that recommendation letter of yours."

 

-

 

When Yujin's afternoon break came, she went to the coffeehouse she and Hyewon agreed to meet in. She arrived a little late and assumed the older was already there waiting for her. The older was always the one to come early even when they were in high school.

 

"Ahn Yujin! Over here!" she hears a voice call her and saw Hyewon at the corner of the coffeehouse. She smiled and waved back to the older before approaching her.

 

She sat down and smiled at the older once more.

 

"Unnie."

 

"Yujin-ah! It's nice to finally see you again!"

 

"It's also nice to see you again, unnie!"

 

But I'm sorry if I have to lie to you.

 

"So? How are you lately? You didn't seem well when we were texting last night."

 

"Oh, uhm, kinda okay? Life's just being a er I guess."

 

"What happened? I know we drifted apart for a few years but you can still tell me anything that's bothering you, you know."

 

Yujin  takes a deep breath.

 

Here it goes.

 

"I'm losing my job." was the first lie she told. And like one lie wasn't enough, she told another one. "And I just got kicked out of my apartment today." and another one. "I don't have much close friends or relatives so I don't know where to stay for tonight. The money that I have is not enough to rent a house or even book a hotel." Well, the not having any close relatives part is true though. "And my parents are in California so I can't stay with them." that's not true, her parents are in her hometown. 

 

"Oh Yujin-ah, I didn't know you were going through all that. You could've contacted me sooner you know? I could've helped you with your problems."

 

"I know unnie, and I'm sorry for it."

 

"Where are you staying for tonight?" 

 

"That's the problem, I still haven't found a place where I can stay for the night."

 

The older thought for a second before she faced her, "You can stay with us! Yeah! I'm sure my fiancee wouldn't mind."

 

Well that was easy.

 

"Are you really sure about that, unnie?"

 

"Of course Yujin-ah! You're always welcome in our place."

 

"Thank you so much, unnie! Just tell me how I can repay you."

 

The older chuckled as she was reminded of their high school days, "No need for that, really. Just helping a friend out."

 

"Thank you, unnie, really."

 

"Anytime, kiddo." Hyewon smiled at her old friend. "I'll just send you the address okay? I really need to go now, I have an urgent meeting."

 

"Sure thing unnie. And thank you again."

 

"Stop saying thank you, what are friends for after all? I'll see you in the house later okay?"

 

"Bye unnie!" she waved to the older as she was slowly losing sight of her retreating figure.

 

Yujin sighed, the guilt finally taking over her entire being.

 

I'm really sorry, Hyewon unnie.

​​​


 

"So she's staying her for only like a night, right?" Minju just wanted to clarify what Hyewon just told them.

 

"Yeah, just for her to have a place to stay for the night."

 

"And Eunbi unnie agreed to this?" Sakura asked.

 

Hyewon nodded.

 

"Heol."

 

"What's wrong with it?"

 

"Unnie, we're literally letting a stranger stay in our house for the night, of course we'd react this way." as expected, Wonyoung's answer would be like this.

 

"Yujin's not a stranger, okay? She's a good friend in high school."

 

"She may not be a stranger to you, unnie, but to us she is."

 

Hyewon sighed. "Look, guys, I know you're all worried because someone you don't know is staying over at our place, but can we all act welcoming to her? The kid's been through a lot lately, and as her old friend, I need to help her. She has helped me a lot back in high school and now I want to do the same to her. So please, let's put on our best behavior and make her feel home."

 

"Okay unnie, if it means that much to you, then we'll try our best to be welcoming to her." Wonyoung said, putting a smile on Hyewon's face.

 

"Thank you, everyone."

 

"Oh and hey Minju, Yujin is staying in the room next to yours."

 

"The room beside mine? I thought that room was abandoned."

 

"No, silly. Your sister over here wanted to turn it into a gaming room for her and Kkura to play in but I said no, and good thing I did because if I hadn't Yujin won't have a place to stay."

 

"I remembered that time, Hyewon unnie kept whining." Yuri laughed at the memory.

 

"Let's start preparing for Yujin's arrival, shall we?"

 

-

 

They were all gathered in the spacious living room, waiting for Yujin's arrival when they heard the bell ring.

 

"That must be her." Hyewon smiled and stood up. "I'll go get it."

 

"Hyewon unnie's really excited about this huh?" Yuri said.

 

"Yeah. Hyewon's been very vocal about how Yujin helped her in high school and how mcuh she adores that kid."

 

"How come I didn't know about this Yujin though? I'm her sister."

 

"Well, you did live with your Mom when you were in high school."

 

"Everyone." they stood up as they hear Hyewon's voice getting closer. Then, Hyewon was now in front of them, all tall lady standing behind her shyly.

 

Woah, she's tall.

 

"Everyone, this is Yujin." Hyewon introduced the younger. "Take your cap off for everyone to see your face." she ordered to which the younger followed.

 

When the younger's face was in full display, Minju could've sworn that she has seen that face somewhere.

 

Wait a minute....

 

(A/N: Part of the story that is written with this font means that it's a flashback.)

 

"Watch it, lady."

 

Her eyes widened upon remembering who it was.

 

"You!" Minju exclaimed, catching everyone's attention, including Yujin.

 

"M-Me?" Yujin stuttered.

 

"Minju, you know her?" Hyewon asked and that's when Minju realized what she just did.

 

"I- uh, no, unnie, I just thought I've seen her before. I must be mistaken."

 

Clearly I'm not! She's that rude stranger from the café!

 

"Oh, okay then." Hyewon then started introducing her to everyone. "Yujin, this is Yuri, she can write you a song in just five minutes."

 

"Unnie." she whined at the compliment.

 

"This is Wonyoungie, our tall and very brilliant baby."

 

"Attorney Jang Wonyoung, pleasure to meet you." Wonyoung offered her hand as Yujin shook it.

 

"See what I mean?" Hyewon smiled proudly. "This is Eunbi, my fiance that I told you about."

 

"Welcome to our humble home, Yujin."

 

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here for the night."

 

"It's nothing. Make yourself feel at home." Eunbi smiled and Yujin returned the same expression as Hyewon introduces her to the last person.

 

"And this is Kim Minju, her face may be quite familiar to you."

 

"Of course, it's the nation's angel." 

 

Oh, so she knows me huh?

 

"Right you are! I see working at the broadcasting company has done well to you, hm?"

 

She works at a broadcasting company?

 

"So, Yujin-ssi, what exactly do you do?"

 

Yujin was slightly taken aback by the sudden question but nevertheless still answered with ease.

 

"I'm an assistant director at YN Company."

 

YN? Good broadcasting company I tell you. They're the best even. However, I am aware of what that company does. They play dirty.

 

"Well, was." Yujin continued.

 

"Was?"

 

"I kinda got fired from my job."

 

"Oh." the others look at her in shocked, they didn't really expect that the taller would answer that. Well, except Hyewon, of course. She already knows.

 

"Oh no it's okay really, it was bound to happen sooner or later."

 

"In who's supervision were you under?" this time, it was Minju who asked, narrowing her eyes while looking at her.

 

Yujin was nervous at the way Minju's looking at her yet still answered without a hint of suspicion.

 

"I was under the supervision of Director Yabuki Nako."

 

Hm.

 

"I see." Minju's reply was short, and vague, making Yujin even more nervous thinking that the actress has caught on to her plan.

 

"Enough of that, let's eat! I'm sure we're all hungry, aren't we?" Eunbi breaks the silent and stands up. "This way everyone."

 

-

 

When they finished eating dinner, Yujin had already changed into her sleeping clothes and roamed around the house, trying to get familiar with the place. She stopped in front of a big polaroid wall and saw different pictures from all six of them. Starting from their individual shots, to group photos, or as a duo or a trio.

 

Yujin's gaze landed on a different polariod picture that was placed on the bottom left. She got curious because she doesn't see this person now living in the house. However, upon looking at it, she had realized that the picture is the actress Kim Minju with her girlfriend. She knows because it was all over the news. She saw that something was written below so she went to read it.

 

"August 1, 2017. Happy Birthday, bubby!! -xoxo, min."

 

"What are you doing here?" she got startled at the voice talking behind her, making her almost stumble.

 

"I, uh, Minju-ssi, I was just looking around the house." she was able to masked the nervousness in her voice. Kudos to her.

 

"Look here Ahn, let's get things straight." she started. "What's your deal? Why are you here?" 

 

Yujin visibly gulped. She straighted her posture and displayed a stoic reaction. "Like what Hyewon unnie said, I need a place to stay because I got kicked out of my apartment for not being able to pay the bills."

 

"Really now? 

 

"Why, Minju-ssi? Should there be a different reason why I'm here?"

 

"The fact that you worked at a broadcasting company, and not just any company, but YN. I know how you guys play over there. My friend from the industry once told me about what you did before."

 

"Is that about the issue 2 years ago? Tell me, Minju-ssi, are you scared I'll do the same? Invade your private life and show it to the world? Is that how you think of me?"

 

It's true, she doesn't look like she'll do such thing.

 

​​​​​​But still!

 

"I'm here because I have nowhere else to stay, and I don't have any close friends besides Hyewon unnie. She offered me to stay here so I did. Please, stop thinking poorly of me." Yujin's stoic expression maintained.

 

"Y-You're right, I'm sorry for judging you."

 

But I'm not gonna trust you just yet.

 

"It's okay, Minju-ssi. I understand that you're just being careful. And besides, I don't work there anymore. You have nothing to worry about."

 

"I'll head in first. Have a nice night, Minju-ssi." the taller left, leaving Minju there alone.

 

​​​​​​She stared at the polariod picture of her and her girlfriend and felt the pain kicking in again.

 

It still hurts even now.

 

Day 1

 


 

When the morning came, Eunbi offered Yujin to join breakfast with them before she leaves. So she did. 

 

"Yujin, where will you be staying after this?"

 

"I honestly don't know yet. I have no idea where to go next. I guess I'll have to apply to another company as soon as possible. For now, I think I'll just find a place to rent that I can afford."

 

"Wait Yujin-ah, stay put for a while there okay? Excuse us everyone."

 

Eunbi stood up and excused herself, dragging Hyewon who was about to take a bite of the pancake in front of her.

 

"Eun, I was about to eat the pancake!" she whined.

 

"Shs, do it later. Let's talk about Yujin."

 

"Why? What's with Yujin?"

 

"I was thinking, maybe we should just let her stay here with us for the meantime? I mean, she clearly has nowhere to go."

 

"Yeah, I think we should too." Hyewon agreed. "But are you okay with it?"

 

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

 

"How about the others?"

 

"Don't worry, Sakura will understand." Eunbi reassured her.

 

"I know she will, but what about the kids?"

 

"They'll say no at first but they'll eventually come through later on."

 

"I think we should inform them about it first."

 

The two went back to the dinning room, smiling awkwardly.

 

"Is it okay if we excuse the rest for a moment? Thanks, Yujin-ah."

 

Yujin found and weird but just shrugged it off later on and went back to eating while the others are discussing.

 

"So, here's the deal, we thought of letting Yujin stay with us for the meantime."

 

"What?" Yuri reacted.

 

"Look, the kid has nowhere to go. She'll have to find a place to rent with and feed herself as well, it's gonna be though for her. We just need you input on this before we make the final decision." Eunbi said.

 

"I'm fine with it." Sakura said and shrugged.

 

"Yeah, I guess I'm fine with it too." Yuri said with a shrugged as well.

 

"Yul?" Minju faced her best friend.

 

"What Min? Clearly this is a hard time for Yujin-ssi out there, we should at least offer her a home until she gets back on her feet again. Right, unnies?"

 

Hyewon and Eunbi nodded.

 

"So, what happened to "Just for one night"?" Wonyoung asked, her voice sarcastic.

 

"Look, I know you two are still skeptical about it, but if you guys were in her position, we'd still do the same thing and help you."

 

Minju and Wonyoung sighed and looked at each other before nodding.

 

"Fine."

 

They all went back to the table and sat back on their places.

 

"Yujin, we've all agreed on letting you stay here for the meantime."

 

Yujin was shocked and shook her head, "Oh no it's okay, you guys already did a lot by making me stay for the night."

 

"Yujin-ssi, we insist. Besides, it'll take you time before you can get up on your feet again. Until then, we'll be here for you." the other two older girls nodded at Sakura's statement.

 

"Thank you everyone, really. I promise to repay you with the same kindness you've shown me in the future."

 

Hm, who knew the people in this household could trust others so easily? I guess my job won't be that hard after all.

 

Day 2

 

-

 

It's been three days since Yujin started living with them and she was able to gain their trust immediately. Well, most of them. Wonyoung still had her doubts while Minju is just, she just doesn't trust anyone that easily. Among those three days, she was already able to install 4 secret cameras around the house without the others knowing. One in the living room, one outside the garden, one on the kitchen, and one in the rooftop where Yujin recently knew that Minju likes hanging out there.

 

All Yujin has to do now is to get Minju's trust. If she does that, then everything will go smoothly. But first, she needs to get the trust of the people around Minju. She has no problem with the others, getting their trust is like stealing a candy from a whimppy child. But with Wonyoung, oh, she might have a hard time getting the younger's trust, considering that as a lawyer, she can easily through people. So, Yujin needs to be extra careful around her.

 

Right now, she sees Wonyoung struggling with the grill in the backyard so she decides to help. Hyewon said they should have a barbeque cookout today to celebrate the success of the new song Yuri wrote.

 

She runs towards the younger and offers her help. 

 

"Hey, Wonyoung, let me help you with that, I'm used to grilling pork all the time."

 

"No it's fine, I think I can handle it." she insisted.

 

This girl is stubborn.

 

"No really, I insist." Yujin pursuaded.

 

"I insist, Yujin-ssi, I can handle it."

 

Apparently she can't handle it. As soon as the smoke came, she was already coughing and avoiding it. Yujin is now looking at her with a smile.

 

"Will you let me help you now?"

 

"Fine, do what you want."

 

Yujin was just grilling the beef there while Wonyoung was fixing stuff in the table, the others are inside the house preparing the other stuff. When Yujin got one piece of beef cooked, she ran to Wonyoung and made her taste it.

 

"Wonyoung-ah, here, try it."

 

Wonyoung was supposed to react at the way Yujin addressed her but stopped when the older shoved the piece of beef into . In an instant, Wonyoung's eyes immediately widened at the taste.

 

"Omo Yujin-ssi, this taste delicious!"

 

Yujin giggled at the sight. This is the first time she saw Wonyoung acting like the actual youngest and not the stoic strict lawyer image of hers.

 

"You like it?"

 

The youger nodded while chewing.

 

She once again giggled and pulled Wonyoung to where the grill was, "Here, you can have more. Don't tell Hyewon unnie, I gave you some. She strictly said no one should eat the food unless it's dinner time."

 

Wonyoung laughed and nodded, getting another piece of beef and shoving it into , her eyes still beaming at the taste.

 

"I never knew you could grill meat this perfectly, Yujin-ssi."

 

"Well before when we used to have company dinners they would always make me grill it so I kinda got used to it already."

 

Wonyoung nodded and took one last piece before they heard Eunbi's voice. 

 

"It's dinner time everyone!"

 

-

 

As they had finished eating dinner, the six of them were laughing at the stories Sakura was telling them about her boss who did something embarassing the yesterday due to her lack of sleep and Hyewon was laughing frantically because of it, the others found themselves laughing to it as well. Yujin smiled at them and silently left to go the other side of the backyard, the side near the pond. Wonyoung saw her leave and followed her. There she saw the older sitting down near the pond, just looking at the coys swimming.

 

She sat down next to the older. "Hey."

 

Yujin looked up and saw Wonyoung. "Oh hey, Wonyoung. What are you doing over here?"

 

"I should be asking you the same thing, what are you doing here? Everyone's gathered up there telling stories."

 

"Oh I just, I just don't understand the stories, that's all." she lets out a chuckle, "I'm still new around here so I don't know much about you guys. Still adjusting."

 

"You'll get the hang of it soon. It easy to get close to the unnies, they talk a lot." Wonyoung laughed and shook her head. Yujin laughed at it as well.

 

"It must be nice huh? Being the youngest and have these amazing unnies with you."

 

"Yeah it is." Wonyoung smiled warmly. "I like getting babied by the unnies, even if I'm literally taller than all of them."

 

"You know, I always wanted to have a younger sister." 

 

"Oh? Really?" 

 

Yujin nodded.

 

"You must be an only child then?"

 

Yujin shook her head as a no.

 

"No, I have an older sister actually. But we uh, we drifted apart over the years. She moved to Australia when she finished college and I was just barely 16 that time. I don't know much about her."

 

"Well, it's good that you at least have an older sister. Growing up, I always wondered what the feeling of having an older sister was. And ever since I started living with the unnies, I finally got to experience that kind of feeling."

 

"So I'm like the opposite of you. I woder what's it like to have a younger sister. Growing up, I've always been surrounded by people older than me. When I started studying, I had less friends who are my age. I always seem to find friends in people who's older, that's how I became close with Hyewon unnie back in high school. Even in work, people there are odler than me. I, for once, would want to learn the feeling of being an older sister."

 

"Well, I'm younger than you, aren't I? I can be your younger sister if you'd want."

 

Yujin's eyes widened at this and looked at the younger in pur shock.

 

"Really?!" she excitedly asked making Wonyoung giggle.

 

"Of course, it'd be nice to have another older sister."

 

"Well then...Wonyoungie, can I call you that."

 

The younger nodded cutely and smiled, "Of course you can, Yujin unnie."

 

Yujin smiled and ruffled the younger's hair.

 

Now I only need to get your trust, Kim Minju.

 

Day 3

 


 

Minju narrowed her eyes at the two running figures in the living room, her eyebrows raised in curiosity.

 

"What's wrong with you?" Yuri asked as she looks at Minju weirdly.

 

"Look at them." she pointed at the two tall running figures. "Since when did they get close huh?"

 

"Why? Jealous?"

 

Minju looked at her best friend weirdly. "What are you talking about? I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous?"

 

Yuri laughed, "Chill, Min, they're just playing around. And don't worry, no one's stealing your place as Wonyoungie's favorite unnie."
 

Wonyoung turned to her direction and Minju immediately smiled when her gaze landed Wonyoung's. 

 

"Unnie!" the youngest called her and signalled her to come closer. Minju went closer.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Come play with me and Yujin unnie!"

 

"Sure, baby." she smiled towards the younger. "What game are we playing?"

 

"We're playing the zombie game!"

 

"Zombie game? But it's just you two?"

 

"That's why we asked you to play with us."

 

Aish, this girl really.

 

"Okay, Minju unnie, since you joined last, you'll be it."

 

"I- wh-" she was about to oppose when a blindfold was placed on her eyes to cover it. "Ya! You giants! Come here! I'm gonna get you!"

 

She shouted and started going around the house with her eyes covered, she could hear Wonyoung shouting from a mile away.

 

She kept going around where the voice was close until she was finally able to grab someone's shirt.

 

"Aha! I caught you!" Minju exclaimed and took the blindfold clumsily, losing balance as she trip on a something that was on the ground.

 

Her eyes widened and she shouted as she was already close to landing on the floor, head first when a hand caught hers. She felt someone placing a hand on her waist, catching her. And catching her off guard.

 

Ahn Yujin, the stranger who's living with them for 4 days, the stranger who's apparently her older sister's high school best friend, is the same person who caught her off guard just now.

 

"Careful." Yujin softly said, her eyes displayed nothing but worry.

 

She stared into the taller's eyes when suddenly.

 

*Hick*

 

She suddenly got the hiccups while staring at the taller, but younger.

 

This is a bad sign. A really bad sign. This can't be.

 

Day 4

 


 

"Unnie, why is Minju so silent today?" Yujin couldn't keep her curiousity in and asked Yuri.

 

"Oh that, just give her time Yujin-ah, it's that time of the month."

 

"She's on her period?"

 

Yuri chuckled after hearing this. "No, silly."  she stared at her best friend who was spacing out in the living room. "It's been four months since the day Chaewon unnie died."

 

"Chaewon?"

 

Oh.

 

"Her girlfriend?"

 

"Yeah. So let's give her some space today alright?"

 

Yujin nodded like a kid.

 

"Help bring the groceries in the kitchen please."

 

 

After helping Yuri with the groceries, Yujin just decided to say in her room and check the footage from the cameras she secretly installed around the house. To be honest, this idea wasn't variety worthy at all really, so she's really confused why their main PD asked her to do this. She was reviewing the footage when she got a call from the said Director.

 

Speaking of the devil.

 

"Hello, PD-nim."

 

"Updates, Ahn."

 

"All is going according to plan, PD-nim. I've already installed the cameras at rightful places. Right now, there are four hidden cameras installed."

 

"There's one in her room right?"

 

"N-No, PD-nim, I wasn't able to install one there."

 

"Then install one there."

 

"I-I c-can't, PD-nim, that'd be a major violation to her privacy."

 

She hears the Director sigh, "Fine, I suppose you're right about that. So? What's the happenings there?"

 

"Nothing variety show like is happening, PD-nim. Should we still push thr-"

 

"I've already told you, do not question me. I don't care if it's not variety show like, just give me all the footages once you're done." she paused, "And may I remind you, Ahn Yujin, you only have a week and 2 days left. Don't blow your cover, and don't mess this up."

 

"I understand, PD-nim. I'll do my best."

 

Yujin wanted to shout out loud when the call ended, but she's afraid the other two might hear her. So instead, she screams internally.

 

Why did I even say yes to this?

 

-

 

Once dinner was done, Yujin looked for Minju and found out from Hyewon that she was in the rooftop. After helping Sakura with cleaning up, she quickly went to the rooftop with a pack of jellies that she recently found out is Minju's favorite. She sees the older facing her back, looking at the night skies and decides to approach her.

 

"Hey."

 

Minju turned around, only to see Yujin. She scoffed and turned to the skies again. 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"I-uh, I was just gonna give you this."

 

She said shly and gave Minju the pack of jellies. Minju was surprised because of this.

 

"This is my-"

 

"It's your favorite." she finished the older's sentence.

 

"How'd you know?" 

 

"I have my ways." she shrugged.

 

"Hyewon unnie told you, didn't she?" Minju raised her eyebrow.

 

"Nope, it was Wonyoungie." Yujin admitted with a chuckle.

 

"Anyways, thank you for this, Yujin-ssi."

 

"C-Can you, uhm, can you take out the "ssi"? It sounds so formal and it also makes me look old."

 

For the first time since Yujin decided to live with them 5 days ago, Minju laughed because of her. Even smiling at the younger. Yujin found her smile precious.

 

"Okay, Yujin."

 

"There, better." Minju laughed at how silly that sounded.

 

"Why don't you sit here? Enjoy the night breeze and the beautiful night sky."

 

Yujin nodded and sat next to her, also looking at the sky above.

 

"There's a lot of stars tonight, don't you think?"

 

"Yeah, quite a lot." the younger agreed.

 

"I wonder if among those stars above, she's there, looking over me right now."

 

She?

 

Oh.

 

"I'm sure she is."

 

"She's been gone for four months, and yet somehow the wound is still so fresh to me. What happened that night, it still keeps replaying in my mind. I just, wished I never told her that we should go out that night. I wished we just stayed at her place and didn't leave at all. I wish she was still here, with me."

 

"Hey, it's not your fault know. Do you think, that if Chaewon-ssi was here beside you, listening to you saying these things, she'd be happy to hear them? Do you think she'd be happy to hear you blame yourself like this?" Yujin turned to the crying girl and held onto both her hands. "Minju, things happen for a reason. Chaewon-ssi spent her remaining seconds with you, she spent her remaining seconds loving you. And the last person she saw was you. It must've been hard for her to fight for her life during those remaining moments of her life, but she must have thought that it's better her than you. Just remember that even in her last breath, you were the only person she ever loved. So stop blaming yourself, because no one would like it if their loved one's starts blaming theirselves for something bad that happened to them."

 

Minju felt a pang of in her heart with Yujin's words. It hurts, because what she said is true. Chaewon wouldn't like seeing her like this. Her life stopping after the accident, running away from her dream that she worked hard for, hiding from people. This is not her. This is not the person she wanted to be. 

 

"You need to get yourself together and move forward with your life, Minju. Because as much as I hate to say this, but Chaewon-ssi is not coming back. It's up to you if you want to continue being like this, living in the past, or you move forward, and restart your life."

 

"You know, you talk too much. Are you sure you worked at a broadcasting company? You could be a motivational speaker. Ever thought of a career change?" Minju teased.

 

Yujin pouted slightly, "I was being serious, you know."

 

Minju laughed at her. "I know. I know. And thank you for your motivational speech, and made me realized a lot of things becaus eof it."

 

"I'm glad to be of help." Yujin smiled warmly and they both looked back up the stars again.

 

"The stars are pretty, aren't they?" Minju asked, her eyes never leaving the sight above.

 

Yujin looked at Minju smiling admiring the stars above, and it made her smile to. "Yeah, they're really pretty."

 

Her smile is so precious, I don't want to take it away from her.

 

But I eventually will once she finds out the truth.

 

Day 5

 


 

The day after their talk in the rooftop, Yujin and Minju started interacting with each other, like, interacting for real and not just Minju giving her a look every meal.

 

Yujin was slumped down on the beanbag in the middle of the living room whe Minju was reading a book in the couch. They were silent when Yuri went out and took her car keys from the drawer that they keep it, facing the two.

 

"I have to go out, I have another meeting the head producer."

 

"Sure! Take care."

 

Yuri left after saying goodbye to the two and the house was back to being silent again.

 

"Minju?" Yujin called out for her and Minju looked up from her book. "I'm bored."

 

She placed her book on the center table. "Yeah, I am too."

 

Come to think of it, this is the first time I got bored while staying in this house for 5 months and not even leaving.

 

"What should we do?"

 

Minju thought for a moment before she thought of a possible solution for their boredom.

 

"I know! Let's bake, I'll teach you."

 

-

 

Spoiler alert, teaching Yujin how to bake isn't really that easy. The younger kept playing around, teasing Minju here and there until she got annoyed. Thankfully, Minju has a lot of patience so she was able to take all of the younger's teasing.

 

Right now, they're just waiting for the crinkles cookies to finish baking. When the oven made a ting sound indicating that it has finished baking, Minju, with Yujin's assistance, took it out from the oven and layed it in the kitchen counter, letting it cool down. The two started putting powdered sugar silently when suddenly Yujin just-

 

"Hey!" Minju exclaimed when the powdered sugar was all over her face.

 

"Oops, my bad." the younger cheekily said and smiled.

 

Yujin went back to putting powder on the cookies with a big smile on her face when suddenly, the powder was all over her face, just like Minju.

 

Well, it looks like Minju got her.

 

"Serves you right." Minju was now laughing at Yujin's shocked face when she felt another huff of powdered sugar made its way to her face. It was now Yujin's turn to laugh at her when Minju started chasing her around the kitchen counter. 

 

The two were too busy with chasing each other around that they hadn't notice the three older girls have already arrived.

 

"We're home." Eunbi announced.

 

"And we brought chick-" Hyewon stopped when her face landed at the two figures in the kitchen who still wasn't aware of their presence.

 

"Is that Minju and Yujin-"

 

"Playing around." Hyewon finished Sakura's sentence. "I know, I'm as shocked as you are."

 

They continued to watch the two playing around each other with wide smiles on their faces, their laughs echoed around the whole kitchen.

 

"It's been a while since I heard Minju's laugh like that." Eunbi commented.

 

"I've never seen Minju smile or laugh like that." Hyewon said in amusement.

 

"I guess Yujin brings out a different side of Minju, the playful side." the other two agreed at Sakura's statement and looked at the two fondly before deciding to make their presence known.

 

Day 6

 


 

Today, Hyewon decided to treat them to Lotte World since she said she felt generous today, her words. Yujin thought this was a perfect time to show Minju's playful and fun side so she hid a camera chip in her hoodie and went with it.

 

I need to get this on camera, PD-nim wasn't happy with the test footages I gave her last time. 

 

As the seven of them walks around Lotte World, Minju stops and turns to look at Yujin curiously.

 

"Yes, Miss Kim?"

 

"Why are you carrying a camera around?"

 

She got shocked because she thought her cover had been blown already. She looks at where Minju is pointing and the latter actually meant the film camera hanging around my neck.

 

"Oh? This thing? It's for this."

 

The younger walked a few steps away from her and snapped a quick photo when the older was talking.

 

"Hey, delete that! I look ugly!"

 

"Nonsense, you still haven't seen the outcome yet."

 

"I just know! I wasn't ready! I look ugly there!"

 

"What do you mean ugly? You always look beautiful."

 

The way she said it, it was so nonchalant, yet her voice sounded so sincere, so true, so genuine that it made Minju's heart skip a beat.

 

And she knows that's not supposed to happen.

 

She huffs and leaves Yujin behind. Now the younger is busy watching her walking away.

 

"Wh- What did I do this time?"

 

She shook her head and went to catch up with Minju who are now with the others.

 

-

 

At the end of the day, the group of seven were still at the amusement park, they heard there would be a fireworks show at night so they stayed.

 

When it started, they were all looking at the sky covered with different colors in amazement. It's not everyday they get to go outside like this because they're all busy with work. And, Minju really doesn't go with them before when they ask her out to join them. I guess they have to thank Yujin now for convincing her.

 

Speaking of Minju, she's been different lately. Good different. The other members of the house, especially Hyewon, Eunbi and Yuri who knew her longer could feel that she was slowly going back to the same person she was before. They don't know if it's because Minju had already learned to accept what happened, or is it because of someone. Nevertheless, they're happy that the Kim Minju they know is slowly coming back to life, and this version is better.

 

Minju is busy taking pictures of the view above, and although Yujin couldn't clearly see her face because besides the fact that it's dark, the actress's face is covered so no one would be able to recognize and bother her private time, Yujin could still see how her eyes lit up at the sight above. This made Yujin smile warmly. She positioned her camera and snapped a quick photo of the older without her noticing, smiling proudly to herself when it came out pretty.

 

DAY 7

 


 

It's been a week since Yujin started living with the other six, she also has a week left for this stupid assignment of hers or else she could just say goodbye to her long time dream. It's hard to tell you honestly. So hard. She was already able to get Minju's trust, and was able to do parts of her assignment. 

 

I guess this is all good, right?

 

No, it's not all good. Nothing is. Nothing is variety show like in the footages. Nothing. Not a single one. Her boss just specifically said to film Kim Minju's daily life, that's it. And so that's what she's doing.

 

Yujin has made a decision that if she's gonna go through with this assignment, she's gonna show the viewers a side of Minju they have never seen, the hidden side of her, the child-like side.

 

The actress has always been pegged as intimidating, rarely smiles unless needed, calm, stoic, things like that. But behind all those is Minju's fun side, the goofy side of her, the playful side that kept making fun of Yujin, the one that acts like a grumpy baby early in the morning, the caring side, the loving side. Yujin feels bad for not everyone can get to see this side of Minju in person. However, she's thankful she got to witness it all, even triggering most of it. She's happy she gets to see Minju this way, and not just as Kim Minju, the Nation's Angel.

 

But just like what they said, all good things must eventually come to an end.

 

And if Yujin's being honest right now, 

 

I don't want it to end.

 

-

 

Yujin was spacing out in her room, staring at the blank ceiling when she heard a knock come from the outside.

 

"Come in."

 

"Why are you still here? Tonight's movie, have you forgotten?"

 

"Oh."

 

"Everyone's already gathered there."

 

"Oh yeah, sorry, it slipped through my mind."

 

She offered Minju a tight smile as the older looks at her worriedly.

 

"Why? Is there something wrong?"

 

Yes, everything I'm doing is wrong.

 

She wanted to say it out loud. But she didn't. Instead, she just answered with,

 

"No, nothing's wrong. Everything is fine. I just, applied for another broadcasting company and I'm waiting for their response."

 

Lies.

 

"Oh really? That's nice! I hope you get it."

 

Minju is such a genuine person, with genuine feelings, that Yujin feels really bad for lying to her like this. She feels bad for using her to get her dream. She feels awful. 

 

"Thank you, Minju." She smiles at the older and gets out of bed. "Come on, let's go there."

 

DAY 8

 


 

"Ahn Yujin! You better be up already!" she hears Minju's voice outside her room as she had just waken up.

 

"Aish, this cranky lady, it's still 9 in the morning."

 

"Ahn Yujin!"

 

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" she stands up lazily from her bed and starts getting ready.

 

Over the 9 days of living with these six amazing people, she had already grown attach to them, and to this house. She was already able to get a grasp of everything and had already grown used to it. She already got used to their cycle of doing chores, their cycle of taking turns to go buy their groceries every week. That's the reason why she's getting ready now. Actually, it's Minju who'll be doing the grocery shopping today, but Yujin didn't know how the older was able to talk her into helping out.

 

Whipped culture, perhaps?

 

What? Since when was I ever whipped?

 

She shrugged her thoughts and went out of her room, now fully dressed, the same usual camera chip attached on the clothes she was wearing. She also has her film camera with her again.

 

"Finally."

 

"You act like you were waiting for a million years."

 

"You took longer than that."

 

"Tsk. Let's just go. I don't even know why I said yes when you asked me to."

 

The older cheekily grinned at her. "Because you can't say no to me."

 

She rolls her eyes and walks ahed of her. "Whatever."

 

That's true, I can't.

 

However, it's only half true. HALF.

 

"You're bringing your camera again?"

 

"Yeah, I always bring it."

 

Minju nodded as they get in the car, starting their journey to go to the grocery store with Yujin driving because she insisted.

 

-

 

"Minju, what are these? Why are they inside our cart?" she pointed at the chocolates and gummies that are in the cart.

 

"Why? They're mine."

 

"Minju-ya, Eunbi unnie gave us a list. We should follow it."

 

"Aaah please Yujin-ah." the older whined with a pout. "Please, please, please."

 

"Minju, we can't. Let's just buy them tomorrow."

 

"Why not now?"

 

"But the list-"

 

Minju started whining loudly like what a child would do, getting everyone's attention. Yujin smiled and bowed awkwardly at the crowd before tugging Minju closer. 

 

"Fine, we'll buy them. Now stop whinning, everyone's watching."

 

-

 

"Well that was stressful." Yujin flopped down on the couch after she carried the remaining bags of grocery left in the car.

 

"No, it wasn't! It was fun!" the older exclaimed. "We should do this more often, doing groceries together I mean."

 

"I'd like to."

 

But I can't.

 

"So yeah, sure, let's do this more often." she smiled at the older.

 

When will these lies stop?

 

Day 9

 


 

Ten days. It's been ten days since Yujin started living with them. And yes, Minju kept count. After that talk with Yujin in the rooftop, Minju felt a sudden sense of comfort around the younger's presence. The way Yujin assured her it wasn't her fault, telling to move forward with her life because it was what Chaewon would want, everything Yujin said made sense to her that very night. And because of that night, she's willing to find herself again. She's willing to come back to the life she left. And this time, she'll be strong, and she'll be genuine.

 

Yujin reminds her of Chaewon in so many ways. Starting with the fact that they like taking pictures, and that they always carry a camera arround. Although, the only difference is that Chaewon carries around a polariod camera while Yujin carries around a film camera. Yujin also has this thing of being whinny when she's hungry which reminds her of Chaewon's endless whinning when she wants snacks. Yujin makes her feel warm, protected, and safe, the same way Chaewon would make her feel. Yujin makes her laugh in the most lamest and stupidiest thing just like what Chaewon used to do. Yujin randomly sings to Minju when she's bored, just like what Chaewon did. And, just like Chaewon, Yujin also at baking. 

 

Minju doesn't know anymore. She doesn't know what to feel, or how to properly react. Is the reason why Yujin makes her feel all those kinds of things is because she reminds her of Chaewon? What was it really?

 

But, despite all this, Minju knows she shouldn't compare the two. Because Chaewon is different, and so is Yujin.

 

Chaewon is serious at times, especially when it's your first time meeting her. But when you get to know her, she's annoying, she teases you a lot, and she will not stop making fun of you until your whole face is red due to anger. She's silly like that. She will make sure you're safe, she makes sure you're doing well, and she will always, and always, make you feel the love you deserve. She makes you happy with her teasing, and she gives the best hugs.

 

Yujin...oh, Yujin, that giant human sized puppy. Yujin is different in a way that she's mature for her age. She has gone through a lot lately, yet somehow she still manages to enjoy whatever life is giving her right now. Minju won't lie, she had her doubts at first considering the younger formerly worked at a broadcasting company, the same company that had an issue of filming other celebrities without them having any knowledge of. Minju, being a celebrity herself, it was normal to react that way.

 

However, as the days passed, she comes across Yujin's different sides. The goofy, the funny, the whinny, the serious one, and the annoying one. All of those in which she had learn to grown fond of. Not every side Yujin has is perfect, but it what makes her, her. She's so genuine, and pure, like everything about her is so true. Her smile, even when it's a kind of smile to mock and annoy her, Minju can't help but to simply adore it. Why? Because it was true. Her words, you could feel how genuine she is with just one hello. Yujin is like that.

 

It was also surprising how she was able to unleash Minju's palyful side, the side she's been hiding for so long. The side only Chaewon got to witness. But now, the other five were able to witness it as well, all thanks to Yujin. Maybe it's because she feels comfortable around the younger that's why she's starting to show the hidden sides of her. Maybe, maybe it's because Minju trusts Yujin.

 

No, not maybe.

 

I do indeed trust her.

 

Yujin gives her the same feelings she felt exactly when Chaewon was still here, only now it's different. It's...

 

stronger.

 

Minju doesn't know why she's feeling that way, but one thing she's sure of is that whatever she's feeling right now, 

 

is true.

 

Day 10

 


 

Minju woke up with a loud ringing coming from her phone, someone was calling her. She reached her phone that was in the bedside table and answered it, not even bothering to look who was calling, still half asleep.

 

"Hello." her voice was hoarse, probably because she just woke up.

 

"Minju, how are you doing?"

 

She looks at the caller ID and saw that it was her manager calling.  "Yeji unnie, I'm doing fine. Why'd you call?"

 

"Minju, the company was wondering if you'd already made a decision about when you'll be coming back...or if you'll still come back."

 

"I'm considering coming back sooner, unnie. I'll just enjoy the amount of free time I have right now."

 

"That's great news! There's a lead drama role that was offered to you, the Director said they're waiting for you to come back to get your reply."

 

"Tell them to not wait."

 

"You're already going to reject it?"

 

"No, I'll accept it. Tell them that Kim Minju is coming back."

 

Day 11

 


 

Yujin was peacefully laying her head on Minju's shoulder while the older is playing with her phone. She was closing her eyes when she felt the older tapping the side of her shoulder. 

 

"Eung?"

 

"Someone's calling you, it says TPD."

 

Yujin's eyes widened at this and took the phone from her. "I'll just quickly answer this."

 

She walked away,  taking a deep breath before answering, "PD-nim! Why did you call?"

 

"You sound quite surprise, Ahn. Why is that?"

 

"A-Ah not at a-all, P-PD-nim,  I was just not expecting the sudden phone call."

 

"Anyways, send me all the footages you have now, your assignment is done"

 

Yujin was surprised at what the director said. "R-Really, PD-nim?"

 

"Yes, report to my office early morning the day after tomorrow. And don't be late."

 

"Copy that, PD-nim."

 

"The footages Ahn, don't forget to send them."

 

"Yes, PD-nim, I'll send it right after finalizing it."

 

"Very well then, Enjoy your last day there."

 

When the call ended, that's when it occurred to Yujin.

 

Today's my last day here. My last day with them.

 

My last day with her.

 

She went back to the living room and took the coffee she prepared earlier,

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"To my room, I feel a little bit under the weather."

 

"Oh okay."

 

Yujin nodded and went rushing to her room.

 

"But she was doing fine just earlier."

 

In her room, Yujin finalized the footages she was able to take and an smile instantly made it's way to her face. Most of the footages was Minju smiling, laughing, whining, or being annoyed at her. Every moment in the footages kept replaying in Yujin's mind, and it ached it, it pained her. The moment she sends this to their PD, it's all over. The bond she has with Minju and the others, it'll all be over, just like that. 

 

So with a heavy heart, Yujin sent the footages she had to their main PD, hoping and praying that she made the right decision by doing this.

 

It's for my dream after all.

 

But...Minju...

 

It's scaring Yujin so much how much she's grown attached to Minju, and her smile. Kim Minju is like a whirlpool Yujin wouldn't mind getting pulled into.

 

Minju makes Yujin feel a lot of emotions, and she doesn't know what these are. It's all new to her.

 

She's scared, that besides the fact that everything will be over when she finds out, 

 

Minju is still in love with someone else.

 

That's what's scaring Yujin, is that she's catching feelings, for someone who is still in the process of letting go.

 

I'm catching feelings for you, Minju. And I don't know what to do.

 


 

Yujin's been acting weird ever since she got that phone call in the  morning. I mean, Minju understands that she's not feeling well, but like, why is the taller acting so weird? She shrugged her thoughts as she helps clean up, they had just finished eating dinner, And also, did I mention that the taller's been avoiding her since earlier? Like she's some kind of plague or something. 

 

She didn't even sit with me during lunch and dinner!

 

"Yujin, can you help me with this?" she called the younger and pointed at the plates that needed to be placed back on the shelf. 

 

The taller just gave her a brief look before nodding her hed and putting the plates back there. Minju huffs and both dissappointment and annoyance.

 

That's it!

 

She grabbed the younger's hand and dragged her out of the kitchen, "Kkura unnie, I'll be out in the rooftop with this puppy here, please continue the dishes in the kitchen, okay? Thanks unnie."

 

Sakura laughs while looking at Yujin's mortified expression and nodded at Minju. "Sure thing, Minju-ya. And oh, good luck Yujin."

 

"Unnie, save me from this madwoman."

 

"No, no saving for you. Let's go."

 

She just lets herself get dragged by Minju until they reached the rooftop and they stopped in front of the chairs.

 

"Sit."

 

"Wha-"

 

"Sit."

 

"I'm not a do-"

 

"Sit."

 

"Fine, fine, I'll sit. Here." she sat on the chair and sarcastically looked at the older. "Happy now?"

 

"Now talk." Minju commanded.

 

"What am I supposed to talk about?"

 

"Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong to you? Because as far as I remember, I didn't do anything."

 

"No, Minju, it's nothing. I-"

 

She stopped and looked at the older who was waiting for her to continue.

 

"No, it's nothing." she hesitated for a bit before looking down at her feet.

 

"You hesitated, it's something."

 

It's crazy how Minju already was able to know this tiny bit detail of Yujin in just twelve days.

 

"I- really, Min, it's nothing."

 

"Yujin I know it's something. Something's bothering you, and whatever it is, you can tell me."

 

"No, you're wrong. Nothing's bothering me."

 

"Yujin, something clearly is. I know you, you won't act this way if there isn't anything bothering you."

 

"Do you, Minju? Do you actually know me?"

 

The actress was slightly taken aback.

 

"Yujin, what are you on?"

 

"You only know me for thriteen days, Minju. You shoudn't be say things like that towards someone you barely know. You're not supposed to trust a stranger this easily! You were not supposed to trust me! Minju-"

 

"Hey, hey, it's fine, okay?" Minju held both her hands, effectively calming her down in an instant. "It's matter how long I've meet you, I will always know you. And I trust you."

 

"But you're not supposed to." Yujin's voice broked own as she started shedding tears.

 

"Hey, trusting you is my decision, okay? I made this choice."

 

"What if you made the wrong choice? W-What if later on you'll regret that decision."

 

"If I do, then that's on me." Minju takes her hand and intertwines it with hers. "But I know you'll never do that. You won't make me regret my decision of trusting you."

 

"Minju, I'm starting to catch feelings for you, and it's honestly making me scared."

 

"Y-Yujin."

 

"It's scaring me because I know you're still in the process of moving forward from what happened."

 

"Yuj-"

 

"It's scaring me because I'm not supposed to feel this way."

 

"Yuji-"

 

"It scared me a lot, yet I still can't help but dive deeper into this feelings of mine."

 

Yujin looks up to her to see her reaction and was greeted by Minju's annoyed face.

 

"You done talking? Will you finally let me talk now?"

 

She shyly nodded as Minju turned to properly face her, bringing their hands close to her face.

 

"I know it's a lot to take, but will you wait for me? I'm already there, but I want to fully be healed before anything else. I'll give you my answer then. But for now, wait for me, okay?"

 

Yujin's face rejoiced at what she just heard, now she's nodding frantically. "Of course, I'm willing to wait for you, no matter how long it takes. So, take your time."

 

Wait for me, Yujin.

 

Day 12

 


 

Who knew that after that perfect night the two had, that's when all of Yujin's worst fears would start coming true.

 

It was afternoon and Yujin and Minju were just on their way home after their trip to the convenience store.

 

Yujin finds this day weird, and amusing. For the first time since the day she got here, she received no dreaded text messages or calls from their terror PD. 

 

Probably cause she already got what she wanted.

 

She shrugs her thoughts and continues driving on the way to the house.

 

"Omo! Wow! Yujin-ah, you should try this, it taste yummy!" Minju exclaimed and pointed at the chocolate in her other hand. Yujin gave her a brief look before focusing on the road again, now opening .

 

"Ah."

 

"What are you doing." Minju looks at her, clueless.

 

"Feed me, I'm driving."

 

Minju looks at her in amusement and shaking her head after, taking a piece of chocolate and shoving it to Yujin's mouth.

 

"Silly Ahn Yujin."

 

Yujin throws back her head in laughter.

 

-

 

When they got to the house, Yujin was making fun of Minju while they were on their way to opening the door. When they did, they were shocked to see everyone gathered around the living room, the atmosphere was rather dark and not the usual fun and energetic one that always surrounded the house. 

 

Yujin's eyes wandered around the whole living room when she saw an awfully familiar face now looking at her. 

 

"Yujin." Hitomi calls her with an expression the younger can't seem to describe what it meant.

 

"Hitomi, w-what are you doing he-"

 

She was stopped when Wonyoung came rushing to her, her face full of rage and hatred, the same face that used to look at her with admiration and happiness.

 

"You! Why did you do that huh?! I trusted you! We all did!"

 

Her nerves started shaking as she prays what Wonyoung is talking about is not what she thinks it is.

 

"Wonyoung-ah, what's happening here? Let your Yujin unnie go." Minju who was oblivious and tried stopping the younger.

 

"Unnie?" she chuckled sarcastically. "She's not my unnie."

 

Yujin's heart was torn in pieces when those words came out of the younger's mouth. This is far from the Wonyoung she knew, it's all Yujin's fault for unleashing this side of her.

 

"W-Wonyoung-ah, u-unnies, l-let me explain p-please."

 

"Explain? Is that a joke, Yujin-ssi?" she bit her lower lip in despair.

 

"Wait, what are you guys talking about? I'm kinda lost her." Minju interrupted as everyone's eyes were on her.

 

"Unnie, you didn't see?"

 

"See what?"

 

"Wonyoung please." she pleaded to the younger who only looks at her like she's some kind of huge joke.

 

"What? Now you don't want to tell her? Was lying to her not enough that you don't want to tell her about what you did as well?"

 

"What on earth are you two talking about?"

 

"Here unnie, see it for yourself."

 

 

TWELVE IZ NEWS

 

Actress Kim Minju of MJ Stage is teased to have a new variety show after 5 months of break.

 

Minju looks up at the younger after reading the first part of the article.

 

"Yeah, I already knew about this before, my management told me I was making a variety show."

 

"Did you see from what broadcasting company?"

 

"Wait."

 

The said variety show of the returning actress will be broadcasted under YN Comany directed by Yabuki Nako. The variety show will show the actress's life during her break from the industry and it was also reported that it was filmed for 2 weeks.

 

Here's a sneak peak released by YN Comany!

 

Minju watched the video linked along with the article and her heart broke down. She looks at Yujin with a betrayed look and something that screams hatred and disgust.

 

"What was that huh? So all this time you've been lying to us?"

 

"Minju, let me explain please. I-I didn't mean t-to."

 

"You didn't mean to? Hell Yujin what's that supposed to mean?!"

 

"M-Minju it's not what it l-looks like." Yujin was pleading to the older but Minju has already had enough.

 

Enough of her lies.

 

"I don't care if it's not what it looks like!" Minju exclaimed. " You lied to Hyewon unnie, to Eunbi unnie, to Kkura unnie, to Yuri, and you lied to Wonyoungie." the older's displayed the hurt and betrayed expression she felt after learning what Yujin did. "A-And, and you lied to me!"

 

"Tell me Yujin, among everything you said and showed to us, which of it was true huh?" Minju stops and laughs sarcastically. "Oh wait, nevermind, I bet all those were lies to."

 

"M-Minju-ya please."

 

"No, Yujin, just stop it. Stop it, stop this. Just stop talking. I feel like anything and everything that comes out of your mouth are all lies." she walks closer to Yujin and looks at her coldly. "You know what? I hate it. I hate it a lot."

 

Yujin could feel her tears building up, but she knows it's all her fault. Hitomi was right, it did went back to her.

 

"I hate it! I hate it so much! I hate the fact that you remind me so much of what Chaewon made me feel before. I hate so much that you made me feel the same thing I felt when I was with her. And you know what more? It’s because you were even able to exceed it. You were able to exceed the feeling Chaewon made me feel, and I hate you for that. I hate you for making me feel this way! I hate you for lying to me! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" Minju broke down into tears as she clutched her heart.

 

Yujin’s tears were falling as she carefully approaches Minju, only for the older to push her away.

 

"M-Minju"

 

"But you know what I hate the most, Yujin? I hate you for making me fall for you, and your stupid lies."

 

"Minju-"

 

"Leave, Yujin. Just leave! Leave our house right now, you don't belong here in the first place."

 

Minju walks out and runs to her room. Yujin tried going after her but Hyewon stopped her, patting her shoulder and giving her a smile.

 

"It's okay Yujin-ah, let's just give her time to think okay? For now, I think it's best if you two won't see each other."

 

"Unnie, I-I'm sorry." she broke down in tears as she looks at the older who only hugged her while giving soft pats. "Unnie I'm sorry."

 

"Shs kiddo, it's fine okay? I know you had a reason why you did that. We'll hear you out, but for now, go home and rest, I understand what happened is not easy on you as well."

 

Yujin nodded.

 

"Hitomi-ssi, please assist her."

 

Hitomi nodded and went to assist her friends.

 

They were about to leave when Eunbi stopped them. Yujin looks back at the older who went to hug her.

 

"You take care of yourself okay? And stop staying late from now on, I won't be there to nag you anymore." Yujin could hear the older's voice cracking as her eyes were threatening to shed tears.

 

She smiled bitterly and nodded. Eunbi turned to Hitomi. "Hitomi-ssi, make her eat a lot, she needs it to continue growing."

 

Hitomi nodded and smiled at the older. "We'll head off now."

 

Yujin looks at them one last time and looks around the house before sighing, finally  closing the door and getting inside the car.

 

I'm sorry.

 

Day 13
 


 

It was morning the next day and Yujin felt weird waking up in her own apartment rather than her room in the house. As she gets up, immediately the first thought that comes to mind is to ask Hyewon how everyone's doing, how Minju's doing.

 

Thankfully, the older picked up as soon as she called.

 

"Unnie, how's everyone?"

 

"Everyone is doing good, they're getting there."

 

"I'm sorry again unnie, for what I did, and for lying to all of you."

 

"It's okay Yujin, I understand." there was a brief pause before the older continued. "But, can I ask a favor?"

 

"Sure unnie! I'd do anything."

 

"Can you, somehow find a way to stop your company from airing it? You know why Minju took a break right? Because she wanted peace even for a while. And I know the footages are probably harmless but, as Minju's older sister, I just don't want the world to see her at the time where she was vulnerable and wanted to runaway. She has a history of people exposing her private life in the media."

 

"U-Unnie I-"

 

"Please, Yujin-ah."

 

"I'll try unnie."

 

Yujin knew right there and then, that she had to choose between her dream, or protecting Minju's image.  

 

-

 

As instructed to her, she immediately drove off to the office to meet their main PD. When she arrived there, her co-workers all greeted her like nothing had happened and even saying she did a great job. Hitomi, however, gave her a worried look as she was guided inside the terror PD's office.

 

For the first time in her 5 years of working in this company, their main PD greeted her with a big smile on her face, and not with a scary one.

 

"Ahn Yujin, finally, you're here. I've been waiting for you. Sit, sit."

 

"PD-nim-"

 

"I want to congratulate you for doing a splendid job! The footages you have are amazing!"

 

"PD-nim, about that." she stops and looks at the Director who's giving her a questioning look. "Is there a way w-we can just c-cancel the show?"

 

"Cancel the show?! Are you out of your mind?!"

 

"PD-nim, don't you think the netizens will be disappointed after learning how you made this variety show?"

 

"Are you questioning me, kid? You never question m-"

 

"Because it's wrong! We weren't supposed to do this anyway! How would Daepyo-nim re-"

 

"Do not even dare continue that sentence."

 

"PD-nim-"

 

"Get out of my office and forget this ever happened." Nako took the paper placed in her desk and showed it to Yujin. "You see this? Forget about this as well." and just like that, she tore the recommendation letter into pieces. "Get out."

 

"PD-nim-"

 

"Out!"

 

Yujin was about to argue back when the door suddenly opened, stopping her from doing so.

 

"Excuse me PD-nim, but you've been called up to the 7th floor. As well as you, Miss Ahn."

 

The 7th floor, the CEO's office.

 

Nako sighed in annoyance and went outside with Yujin trailing behind her. 

 

When they reached the 7th floor, they went inside the only room there and saw the CEO had turned their back against them.

 

"Daepyo-nim."

 

To be honest, Yujin has no idea what the CEO looks like, they're very secretive. The only thing she knows is that the CEO is YN thereselves.

 

Slowly, the CEO turned around, finally showing their identity to Yujin who doesn't know.

 

"Yujin, finally we meet again, old friend." the CEO says with a smile.

 

"P-Pardon Daepyo-nim?'

 

"Aigoo, so you can't remember me now?" she stood up and made her way towards her. "Kiddo it's me, your favorite unnie."

 

"Ducky unnie?" 

 

Memories of Yujin's childhood best friend and favorite unnie came into picture as she stares at the girl in front of her. 

 

"Yena unnie, is that really you?"

 

The CEO nodded happily. 

 

"Unnie I've missed you. I haven't seen you for a long time and I was wondering where you were all these years and then suddenly I'm finding out just now that you're my boss."

 

"It's nice seeing you again kiddo, but let's catch up later okay? Let's talk about what happened. You two may take a sit." Yena was back in CEO mode. 

 

"So Nako, I saw what you did. And Yujin, you're involved in this?"

 

"Y-Yes, unn- Daepyo-nim. I was sent of an assignment to film Kim Minju's daily life in exchange of a recomendation letter from Nako PD-nim."

 

"And you agreed? I know I haven't seen you in years but that is very unlikely of you."

 

"I-I had to, it was my dream that was on the line, I just couldn't let that oppurtunity slide."

 

"I see." she then turned to Nako. "And you, what did I tell you the last time you did this?"

 

"To not do it again."

 

"And what exactly did you do?"

 

"I did it again." Nako looked down on her feet due to shame.

 

"Nako you know very well what we had to do before to stop the media from knowing. You promised not to do it again but look at what's happening now? And you even included Yujin in your plan? Seriously Nako, what am I going to do with you?" frustration can be heard in the CEO's voice as she takes a sit on the swivel chair and faced them.

 

"Unnie, I'm really sorry. The people's demand of wanting to see Minju-ssi again after a long time was so high, I knew it would be good for the views so I went along with it. The shows were broadcasting lately are getting low ratings, the dramas we're producing are not getting that many hits, I know I had to think of something to save the company from failing."

 

"The company is not failing, Nako-ya."

 

"But it is, unnie. I overheard you and Lee Daepyeo-nim just days before I gave this assignment to Yujin, you said the company's stocks was slowing going down and you have no idea what to do. Unnie I knew I had to do this. I knew I had to do something to save the company. I know how much you've worked for this company to be successful and everything I have right now, I owe it to you. I did what I have to do. I'm sorry if I disappointed you once again."

 

Yena stood up and went over to the shorter. "I'm not disappointed Nako. I just wished you did what you promised to never do it again. And Yujin got involved also."

 

"It's my fault unnie, I did it so I could get that recommendation letter."

 

"I know you both are my friends, but that should not be an excuse for me to just let what you two do slip. Nako, you'll be suspended for a month and won't hold and variety shows or dramas from then on. As for you, Yujin, I'm sorry to say this but you're fired. The damage was too much, and even though it was Nako who ordered you, you were still the one who set the whole thing up."

 

Yujin wanted to argue. She wanted to complain and say now. Instead, she just smiled bitterly and nodded.

 

"I understand unnie, and I'm sorry again for the damage I caused."

 

"What- unnie, it was my fault, fire me instead." Nako tried appealing to the older. But sadly, what's done is done.

 

"You know the rules Nako, I can't fire the head PD, especially if they're the co-founder."

 

"But unnie, how about Yujin?"

 

"Don't worry I got this." she took something from her desk and gave it to the younger. "Here. Since you're being fired here, I'm giving you this. You've worked hard and served YN for the past 5 years, it's our way of giving back."

 

 

Recommendation Letter

 

Signed by: Choi Yena 
 

"U-Unnie?"

 

"I've already talked to the head of YJ Broadcasting Company and sent them your resume, they're glad to welcome you in as their new Head Director." the CEO was all smiles as she looks at the younger who's still in the state of shock.

 

"No way."

 

"Yes way. In fact, I already got your ticket for you. I have a house there, you can have it, consider it as your favorite unnie's gift to you. I look forward to hearing updates from you in your new work place."

 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you unnie. I can't thank you enough."

 

"Don't just thank me, thank Nako here for mentioning that you needed a recommendation letter to get in YJBC."

 

"Thank you so much, PD-nim."

 

"I know you're happy and all, but we need to face the aftermath of what happened. I've contacted the media to stop them from publishing any news about the variety show, now we just need to talk to Kim Minju herself and explain what happened."

 

"I'll be willing to take full responsibility in case she presses charges against us." Yujin offered.

 

"No, she won't. I'll make her understand. And as for you, Yujin, you can do that, you don't work here anymore. And besides you leave for Canada tomorrow."

 

"What? That quick?"

 

"Yes, YJBC is itching to have our best assistant director in their place. Now go home and rest up, we'll handle this."

 

"Unnie, the show is canceled...right? Hyewon unnie, Minju's sister, asked me to stop it from airing."

 

"Yes, of course. Now stop worrying about this and go pack. Go, kiddo!"

 

"Thank you again unnie, PD-nim. It was a pleasure to work in YN Company for the past 5 years."

 

"And YN is lucky to have you, Yujin."

 

Yujin went out of the CEO's office without Nako because she was told the two still had a few things to talk about.

 

Since she's now fired, not that it's a good thing, she decided to use this time to clear her stuff out and ask Hyewon and the other 2 older girls to meet up with her. They older replied with a yes and so now she just needs to wait for when they're free today.

 


 

She was sitting at the same cafe where she asked to meet Hyewon 2 weeks ago. As she was sitting down, she was analyzing the things she would say to the three older girls and explain her side. Although Yujin understands if they don't forgive her, she just wants for them to hear her out.

 

Yujin looked up and saw the three older girls entering the cafe together.

 

They must've met each other outside.

 

The three immediately saw where she was and went to her.

 

"Unnies, you came."

 

"Sit please, order whatever you want."

 

"Yujin-ah, let's just cut to the chase shall we? My break ends in an hour." Sakura informed her.

 

"Right, right." a tight smile is seen on her face. "First of all, I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for lying, and I'm sorry for deceiving you guys."

 

"We know you're sorry Yujin-ah, what we don't know is why you did that. Believe me, Yujin, I tried to understand you, but I just...couldn't."

 

"The head PD in our company, my supervisor, gave me an assignment to film Minju for this new variety show she's making. She also made a deal with her agency that's why the agency asked her if she wanted to do it but Minju said she still wasn't ready. Our company was having consecutive low ratings on variety shows and dramas and it was close to falling apart so when the demand of wanting to see Minju again on a variety show was very high, she took this chance and gave me the assignment because she knew I would say yes."

 

"Why did you agree? Weren't you scared?"

 

"My supervisor said that if I do this, she'll give me the recommendation letter I always wanted. If I get that, they'll I'll be able to go to Canada and work in YJBC." she smiled to the three older girls. "But don't worry about it unnies, I assure you nothing will be aired. The CEO said it herself."

 

"Yujin-ah, if this is your dream, why did you agree to talking your supervisor out of it? What about that letter?"

 

"It's okay unnie. Although PD-nim was really angry when I talked to her. In the end, I still received the letter. And it was from the CEO herself. But I got fired in exchange of it."

 

"So you'll be leaving for Canada then? When?" the younger could sense Eunbi worrying.

 

"I leave tomorrow, they said they want me to come as soon as possible."

 

"Tomorrow? But that's too soon." Eunbi whined.

 

"I need to. And don't worry unnie, I'll be fine there. I'll also visit Yuri unnie in her studio today and say sorry to her, also to say goodbye." the taller sighed. "As for Wonyoung, I don't think she wants to talk to me."

 

"Do it, Yujin-ah. Try. She may not say it to us out loud, but we know she misses her Yujin unnie's presence in the house."

 

-

 

Yujin had just finished visiting Yuri in the studio and had already said her goodbyes ad well as her apologies. 

 

When Yujin fist told her about it, of course the older was disappointed and questioned her ways, but later on understood why she came to such a decision. They bonded for a few minutes before Yujin left as she has many things to finish and take care of today.

 

Now, she's outside the law firm Wonyounf currently works in, patiently waiting for the younger to get out so she could talk to her. When she saw the younger went out, she ran to her and stopped in front.

 

"Wonyoung-ah."

 

"What are you doing here, Yujin-ssi? Are you aware that I don't like to see you?"

 

"Wonyoung-ah, hear unnie out please."

 

"You're not my unnie anymore. You lied to me." Wonyoung said through gritted teeth.

 

"Wonyoung-ah, please? Hear unnie out?"

 

"You have 30 minutes."

 

Yujin panicked after hearing this and quickly explained everything. After she was done with her explanation, she let out a deep breath that she didn't knew she was holding back until now.

 

"Is what you all said true? Or was it all a lie?"

 

"Look Wonnie-ah, I never lied to you. Okay, maybe I did. But everything I told you was true. Like I always wanted a yonger sister? How me and my unnie are not close? Those were all true."

 

By this time, they had already been seated on the bench near the car park as they continue their conversatuion.

 

"I wasn't supposed to come out here and talk to you because I thought you still didn't want to see me. But the unnies said I should since this maybe my last time here in a few years."

 

"You're leaving? To where?"

 

"To Canada, I got a job there."

 

"To your parents?"

 

"No, no, my parents are there, they're just staying in my hometown. Now that part I lied about."

 

"When are you leaving?"

 

"Tomorrow."

 

There was brief silence before Wonyoung asked, "Have you told Minju unnie?"

 

"She must still be mad at me, and I don't blame her."

 

"You eventually need to at least let her know right? She'll be even more upset if you don't tell her."

 

"Yeah, I'll think about it. For now, I need to start packing so I'll leave first. And Wonyong-ah? I'm sorry again, for everything. And for hurting your favorite unnie."

 

She gave one last smiled to the younger before standing up and was about to leave when Wonyoung stopped her.

 

"Have a safe flight and do well on your new job, Yujin unnie. Visit us whenever you're free."

 

"I will dongsaeng-ah. You take care of yourself alright? And take care of your Minju unnie for me."

 

The younger nodded with a smile as she gave Yujin one last hug.

 

Finally, there was that inne peace Yujin was looking for before she leaves tomorrow. 

 

-

 

Right now, Yujin had jsut finished packing all the things she needs for tomorrow. While she was still in the process of packing, she's in deep thought of either she's gonna go to Minju and tell her she's leaving or not.

 

In the end, she decided to went with it. So now, she's waiting outside the house for her. She's been waiting there for a good 50 minutes and yet not even Minju's shadow wanted to see her. She already sent a message to the older but looks like she really doesn't want to face her. Eunbi offered that she should just wait inside for Minju but Yujin thinks the other wouldn't like it if she does.

 

Seeing that it's getting too late, she smiles bitterly and bids goodbye to the others before messaging Minju for the last time, finally leaving.

 

 

I understand that you don't want to see me still.

 

I just came here to say sorry. I'm sorry again, Minju. 

 

I'll see you again soon if you'd want.

 


 

 

 

Minju has been staring at the ceiling since the moment she woke up. Even after eating lunch, she immediately came back to her room just to continue staring at the ceiling. She was too engrossed that she hadn't noticed Hyewon was already sitting on the edge of her bed.

 

"Min."

 

"Oh, unnie."

 

"You've been spacing out a lot since earlier."

 

"I'm sorry, I just have a lot in mind right now."

 

"Don't worry, I know." the older looked at her, "Yujin left just now. Listen Min, about Yujin-"

 

"I don't want to hear her name unnie, so please, don't bother mentioning it."

 

"I met with her earlier, together with Kkura and Eunbi, she told us the whole thing."

 

"Did she really? Or was it another one of her lies?"

 

"Minju, it was all true. She told us the reason why she did that."

 

"And you accepted it? Just like that?"

 

"Minju." she sighed. "Look, I'm not gonna explain the whole thing because I know you guys have a meeting tomorrow with your agency about this matter."

 

"I'm not going there, I don't want to see her face."

 

"Yujin won't be there, she's leaving the country tomorrow."

 

Minju's eyes shot open and looked at Hyewon in a haste. "W-Where is she going?"

 

"To Canada, her flight leaves tomorrow morning."

 

"O-Oh."

 

"Are you going to stop her?"

 

"What for? That's her decision, and I never had anything to do with her."

 

"Min-"

 

"Unnie, I'd like to sleep now."

 

"Okay, I'll wake you up when it's time for dinner." she slowly walks out of the room before giving Minju one last look. "And Minju, think about it."

 

-

Right now, Minju's in the meeting with YN Company's CEO and head PD while she's being accompanied by her manager. The broadcasting company's side had just finished explaining their side and apologized to the actress. But, Minju was looking for her.

 

"Where's Ahn Yujin?"

 

"She's already in the airport, her flight leaves in an hour."

 

"So it's true then, she's leaving."

 

"She was offered a job in Canada." Yena handed her the file where the footages are kept. "Listen Minju-ssi, I know this wouldn't change anything about what happened, but I hope you know that Yujin didn't want to go through with this because she didn't wanted to hurt you. And as I promised her, we're not airing any of this. All the footages are there, you can watch if if you'd want and I'll let you decide what to do with it after."

 

The rest of them left the conference room, leaving Minju there. She decided to watch the footages and immediately the first thing she watches is her annoyed face. It was when she and Yujin weren't close yet but the younger still had the guts to make fun of her for tripping. Watching this made her realize that she really did enjoy the times she spent with Yujin. She was smiling, laughing, and having fun. It made her crushed her heart to pieces knowing that all of those happy memories were just nothing but to cover up the lie the other to put up.

 

At the very last footage, Minju sees Yujin sitting in her bed while facing the camera.

 

"Minju, I know it's quite impossible for you to see this, but Minju-ya, I wanted to let you know that although I might've said a lot of things, and most of them were lies. But one things I can assure you is that my feelings for you weren't. That's the only true thing I said. I truly, genuinely, like you, Kim Minju. And if you would give me the cha- oh what am I saying, you'll probably hate me to death after this." she sighs. "I'm really sorry, Minju-ya. I'm truly deeply sorry for what I did. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for all the lies I told. I'm sorr-"

 

"Yujin-ah, let's go!"

 

"That's you. I need to go, I know how cranky you get when someone makes you wait. I'm sorry again, Minju. I hope you know that liking you and spending time with you and the others was the only real thing that happened to me for the past 2 weeks. I'll miss you guys so much. Thank for these amazing real memories you gave me. And I'm sorry again."

 

 

Minju wanted to run away after watching it, but she's tired of doing that, she's tired of running away from her problems. So instead, she faces what she has. She sends one last message to Yujin.

 

Take care in Canda.

 

And don't get tired of waiting for me, Yujin.

 

I'll be ready someday, just not now.

 

Until then, I hope you take care of yourself.

 

And be real this time.

 

I'll see you soon.

 

Goodbye.

 


 

hello,

 

love,

 

goodbye.

 

 

-

 

It didn't exactly turn out the way I wanted it to, but regardless I still hope you had a good read. Thank you!