TAENY - That's Not My Name

TikTok Trend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany’s POV

It’s 9:00 on a Saturday morning. 

 

This was one of those rare weekends where I didn’t have anything on my schedule; no Chicago shows, no meetings with agency for another project,  no photoshoots, nothing and it felt good. Taeyeon had an early meeting today for a special project so by the time I woke up, she wasn’t in our bed anymore. I stretched my body and let out a tiny whine on the thought of getting up but I decided to stay wrapped in this warm, thick blanket a little bit longer. 

 

I picked up my phone and opened my SNS accounts and browsed for a moment. I recently got into the world of Tiktok, thanks to Hyoyeon and her dance challenges. To be honest, this app wasn’t all that bad. I was actually impressed at how good these people are with the contents I was seeing. The editing skills were amazing! There was this trend going on about calling your significant other by their names instead of the usual terms of endearment and I was laughing at their partners reactions. Some were hella extra, some were actually hurt and some ended up in arguments.

I didn’t think it would be much a bother to me if Taeyeon all of sudden called me Tiffany, I mean that is my name. But then again, I do think it would be weird if Tae calls me Miyoung. She rarely called me by my Korean name and I know it’s serious business when she call me Miyoung. We call each other Babe or Baby for the most part. I call her Boo or Honey, sometimes Darling or Taengoo or Tae-Tae and she calls me My Love or Fany. Thinking of all these endearments, it started making sense in my head how some would feel weird or questioned their significant others when they switched it up. An idea popped into my head. Maybe I should try this with Tae-Tae later on. An evil grin plastered on my face.

 

A few more minutes of browsing through Titktok and delicious food started showing up on my FYP, I decided to close the app and got up to prepare breakfast for myself. I made our bed, did my morning routine in the bathroom and head to the kitchen. I got the coffee machine going then texted Taeyeon good morning and ask if she was going to be home by lunch. I put my phone down and walked over to the fridge and grabbed the ingredients for my veggie omelette. I fixed something for Zero as well. Taeyeon usually brings him along when she goes out but considering I am home, she left him here with me to keep me company. 

 

After breakfast, I did some minor cleaning and laundry then settled on the sofa to watch Netflix. I’ve been hooked to this Korean dating TV series called Single’s Inferno. A little after noon, I heard the beeping sound of punching the security code from the front door. Taengoo’s home! The door opened and then closed, I could hear her movements; swapping her shoes to slippers. My girlfriend walked in the living room where I was and greeted me with a big smile. 

 

“Hey Babe!” She put her stuff down and approached me with a kiss.

 

“Welcome home!” I greeted back. “How was the meeting?”

 

“It was good, just an introduction to a project girl group I’m going to be part of for the upcoming SMTown concert. Not much details about it yet but I guess I was the second person they talked to.” 

 

“Oh wow, that sounds exciting! I wonder who’s the first one? They wouldn’t tell you?”

 

“Nope. I don’t think it’s one of our members since no one said anything in our group chat.”

 

“Hmmm, who could possibly be on top of Kim Taeyeon that made you come second?” I said teasingly.

 

“No one is ever on top of me besides you babe.” She winked and came closer to kiss me again.

 

“I meant in the company silly.” I gigg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter