get out or go out

Locked me in, I have the key

The case was closed. But the prisoners weren't and the real killer was still on the loose but hearing each member's secrets inside of the Seowon police department, they decided not to dismiss it just like that. Myoui Mina, busy smoking as she requested, trying to flirt the detective she’s been with. 

“I admit you’re pretty smart for the whole plan. Chief Park almost caught what you two are about.” Mina’s nth time attempt to talk to nayeon who often gives her a closing response. 

“I don’t even get what you’re saying and any minute soon, your minions will come and get their leader right?” 

“Wow, you must really haven't talked to your brother for a while, huh?” 

“Enough with your condescending remarks, you’re not the only gang leader I deal with.”

“But the only one you are going to have a date with, right?” 

Nayeon chose to shut , enough with the leader's weird proposals. 

The Boss whistled to which the squad chief responded, again.

"What do you want, detective? Dahyun's here at our service." Mina flashes a smile, she's having a good time messing the cops even hearing squad chief Kim complaining.

"Maybe some quiet time while my girlfriend isn't here to get me out of here, away from you." Nayeon glares at Mina who laughs shortly while passing the cigarette to squad chief Dahyun who made a funny expression on her face while she slowly walked out but the sour expression faded by a kiss on the cheek from the profiler. 

"Ah, jeongyeon unnie? I'm afraid she can't. You broke up with her yesterday, remember?" The leader cornered her out "and if you think your twin brother is going to help you, think again." Nayeon is well aware it was his boss's orders but nayeon can't help but to be pissed off. 

"What do you even want from me? I'm just a detective who is related to your right hand man, nothing more. And let's say I might be the killer which I'm clearly not, why would you like to spend time with a "criminal", huh? Isn't that unfitting for a respectable woman like you?" Nayeon fumes, she just wants to end the leader's deal. 

“You are, though. If you aren’t, then you wouldn’t be here? Also you might not know you stole—-”

“Don’t pull the ‘I stole your heart’.”

“Well, now you stole my line and life right there.” Mina pointed out to the body of the deceased detective covered by some thick layer of plastic. Chief Park Jihyo hasn't reported and let out this case in the press without a fabricated conclusion where the public can easily forget. Good thing Journalist Son is helping her to build an article that won't cause any trouble and weariness knowing the killer is roaming around without pointing these two…. Lovebirds? Jailbirds? 

"I didn't kill him." Nayeon really pressed every word despite the latter's insisting she's in denial. 

"You did, Miss Im. you set the plan, you arrange everything to make anyone look as a possible suspect except to your twin brother. Lastly, you make sure detective kwak will die in such painful slow death." Mina won't be a boss if she doesn't know every move to take on her enemies and her underlings, specifically to her young tzu. 

"I get it, Mina. I put you in a tight spot where it can possibly ruin your reputation but don't keep blaming me on something I didn't even do or cross my mind committing such a heinous crime." Nayeon's acting was much more convincing. 

"You didn't."

"See?"

"You didn't want your hands to get dirty so young tzu did the job for you." Mina smirks when nayeon pulls that innocent face, exasperated when mina points out she's the accomplice, the mastermind, the genius, cold-blooded killer. 

"Don't you ever wonder what house has been burned by my right hand man? Detective Kwak's. And you make sure that his kids watch their house be eaten by fire." Mina has been unfamiliar with what personal space means since she's too eager to break nayeon's facade or was this her true nature? 

"Good work, Sherlock. I'm already locked up. What else do you want? Beg you to get me out of here too? I'd rather die here." Nayeon still lacks emotions through her words, dignified of what her statement is. 

"Accept my offer."

"What if I don't?"

“Say what you want, I’ll still bail you out here and take you on a date.”

“You’re insufferable for a leader in a gang!” the detective groans, she's sick hearing mina's offer with every chance she can get.

“And aren’t you feisty for a prey? Aren’t you scared of me, darling?”

“You’re just cocky.” 

“Expect you’ll have a second date, detective.” A gummy smile caught nayeon’s interest but didn’t falter.

Nayeon glares at her and changes their position. She pinned Mina on the wall while her hand started to have contact with the boss's thigh which gives nayeon the expression she really have an effect on Mina "Are you ? Do you want me to keep going?" The detective humor Mina's desire. Unexpectedly, Mina forgot her role for a moment and backed away a little but ending up Nayeon's huge hand traveling up to her hips, it's long slender fingers teasing around the waistband.

Nayeon stops, she's just testing the waters and it appears she succeeds on what she did, the gang leader's breaths are hitched, ears turning red and holding on to her shoulder as an attempt of pushing her away. "You aren't good at this, Myoui." Mina's being hot and all has been changed as she suddenly felt a sting, a metal pressed onto her side.

"Was this your good luck charm, Mina? It is always loaded, you know."

Mina's hand caught the collar of Nayeon's varsity jacket. Good thing detective Kim let the baton she's holding hit the prison bars. "Keep it down, will you?!" their attention shifts to Sana’s which her lips form in a pout and she whimpered, just by the sight of it, they seem a pair no one wants to be messed with. By Detective Kim's experience, that kid, got it all to handle Mina's henchmen who are captured by the youngest member of the team.

“She has no guts to face a possible killer.” 

“Well I’d be scared too if I was in her position if witnessing that Im shot a criminal without hesitation. My trustee dealer, in fact.” Mina’s holding on to Nayeon’s, albeit knowing her gun was returned where nayeon got it. 

“You’re way into me, Boss Myoui. You got scared instead of getting furious.” Nayeon sighed after she ended their conversation again, she doesn’t know why the leader is attracted to her in the first place, must be Tzuyu mentioned her when she was providing her the information for the transaction when and where must happen so it won’t to fall apart by random raids by the cops.  

An hour passed without an utter word goes, just hearing the noises of smooches and sweet nothings by the couple who’s been revealed during the investigation and the only ones who were up since chief park take journalist son into dinner then bring her home while Sana joined the twin brother of Im Nayeon who’s patiently waiting on the outside. 

“You know, I won’t be scared of you if my men didn't get shot by the same person using only one method of killing it.” Mina’s voice came out more than expected, it’s a little more soft? Tiny and angelic… nayeon really can’t put it into words but one thing for sure, it is divine and seems like a lull.. The boss decided to check her phone and a lot of messages, missed calls, even threats sent to her and it doesn’t even lessen her boredom because she won't go to get there unless her principle is followed; once she wants something, she’ll certainly get it no matter what it costs.

 Her competence brings her the role of leading a huge mob in Seowon but her impulsiveness would be the death of her if nayeon is around because she keep blabbering nonsense or crucial information which nayeon may already know it like how she got into a gang, became a member of the gang, worked on it, then finally to lead and continue the legacy of what mob she’s in. She even mentioned that she really checked out Nayeon the moment tzuyu walked into the room and confronted her. Tzuyu wanted to challenge the name “Myoui Mina” when he’s just a high school student delinquent while his sister is the overachiever student council vice president, and to Mina’s tone she obviously adored nayeon’s twin the moment after she beat tzuyu’s despite nayeon really did it a little bit too well of studying all her techniques to bring someone down. 

Mina even joked to the detective she can kill her men if she’ll give her the chance but the reply she only got was a snore. Mina can't resist the temptation to stare and nayeon and she don't know if she did regret this because she might die of how cute and squishy looking cheeks nayeon have or the one you can 'lucky one' because it was the very important thing to see before the world ends, or hers. 

“Those weren’t your men, they were undercover. Agents.” nayeon said half asleep. 

"Then why don't you tell me?” It took a handful of minutes before she got an answer.

“Your pups like to bark, you know they’ll rat you once they get caught so if you knew it, 7 out of 10 men who’s under your care would outed you, me and my twin brother about being an insider, leaking operations and misleading trails." Nayeon barely managed to explain in a proper, decent sentence. She's really comfortable with the boss as she knew that the boss hadn't really have bad intentions, just someone you can put on a trope a "kid who have the life where any kids dreamed of is just bored, fed up of portraying the perfect, tamed child that cause her to rebel"  thing. 

“Then your acts should be rewarded. I can take you to places where your former partners can’t afford.” 

“Don’t bother.” turning around, accepting nayeon’s fate that tomorrow mina may change her mind and just get them outta here if she already lost her patience for the pursuit of the great Im Nayeon. Mina shakes the latter but not in a forceful manner, demanding an answer to the detective who is on her way to her dreamland. 

“My twin brother take me to the spots you really like to dine in so stop pestering me or I'll shoot you using your own gun without considering why I shouldn’t.” Mina halts on what she’s doing and uses her one hand to hide the smile that was plastered in her face and she’s about to bail them out when her sleepy companion mumbles a little gratitude for taking her twin to the places she doesn't have the time or something she can afford. Mina stays a little longer before signalling Chief Park to finally get them out of there after an hour of the nap the chief took. She asks where her right hand man is to the profiler grabbing another donut on a second box.  The profiler answers as she munches that Detective Sana took the chance when Young tzu already feels a little tipsy when detective sana offers her a drink while they’re waiting for her boss’s order.  Mina is in charge of the twins now which makes her a little concerned as she expected her right hand man is really wild when consuming alcohol  to do her paperwork doubled up by her absence. 

Nayeon rolls around to the soft, fluffy and cozy she’s lying in, she peeks and sees a familiar room, it was hers. Might be tzuyu who carries her as she has a deep sleep because she does not hear her complain about her weight or snores. Nayeon heard someone throwing up in the bathroom. Nayeon asks what happened and Young tzu just raised her middle finger for an early interrogation. Once the hangover passes, she “gladly” answers her twin’s questions. The dead detective was pronounced that his death was burned under a warehouse which the cops conclude he was outmanned so that makes them all innocent, the hangover, they were brought to their home, and the ticket to Hawaii.  

“You’ll come, right?” 

“No. You’re eager to make me come with you two. I don’t want to be a third wheel too.” 

“You won’t be a third wheel, you’ll be a middleman who will stop me for killing her with every chance I can get.”

“Says the one who clings very dearly to her and boss just going to leave me with her paperwork left when she’s gone yesterday”

“Which you’ll make me do your work instead?” nayeon rhetorically asks but when the reply she get was tzuyu making kissy faces while mocking her not to be too attached around with the boss. Nayeon just let it slide and continued her half burnt toast but no matter how crunchy it is, a notification from a phone didn’t go unnoticed. A message from an unknown number but she saw it in contact with tzuyu's phone but with a different name just like on her phone, it was saved as a penguin emoji. She doesn’t know anyone who is penguin-like so the detective opens its message and it reads: hi. :) 

Nayeon slammed her head on the table and instantly knew that it was Mina, smart move because she didn’t even recognize it as the leader of the Gang and basically she ignored it but aware Mina was going to bombard her with messages as she can’t help herself not to smile that didn’t even wipe out as she and her twin has the time to go on their work. 

 

---

yay minayeon.