The roster Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

𝙃𝙮𝙣𝙞𝙭 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ On the road to worlds。 Esports themed, APPLY OPEN! (☆ω☆) (Final Deadline: january 30th 2023)

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
FC
THE ROSTER

Generally, a League of legends roster that abides by the rules consists of at least 5 players that are above 17. One for each role. It is optional to run a roster up to 10 members, but when attending international events, only 7 players are allowed to come. While South Korea doesn't have any imported players, the general rule is that there are only two allowed to be playing at a time.

Hynix' roster is unique because they have a few records to their name. The South Korean talent pool is big enough that females or imports are usually not considered for the main league, so Hynix' toplaner and sub jungler are the first female and import in the Korean main league.

Players also have a big roster of staff behind them, the one that is most known being the head coach. More staff can include content creators, analysts, assistants, physiotherapists, mental health coaches and even a cook (which is usually an adorable auntie in Korea).

While the coach in this case is a plotline, feel free to make other staff or rival players!

 

FC
SUPERSTAR

Role Mid laner

Age range 18-21

Experience 1-3 years

 

The superstar is the next big thing in the midlane. World stars are often born from the midlane and immediately show that they are ready to challenge the world. That was the case for this boy as well.

He's young, cute and extremely skilled which makes him both popular with the gamer dudesTM and the fangirls. But in the end he is just a young, impressionable nerd, so all this fame is quite dangerous. It could definitely get to his head, will he put up a fight against his growing ego or make the team crumble by pulling all resources towards himself?

Somehow, while he is considered the next big thing, superstar has always fallen short right before the finish line, sadly, he has won no titles yet.

FC
WILDCARD

Role Substitute jungler

Age range 17-18

Experience None

 

The wildcard is the other record holder of Hynix, being the first import of the Korean main league. He was picked up by the team after he reached #1 on the Korean ladder, and is a young, hopeful high school drop-out.

Originally coming from one of the smaller regions in league of legends, he was unsure of his future as esports player, until he got this offer. Going to a prestigious, major league like this as minor league rookie is a golden opportunity.

While there is still a language and culture barrier present, the wildcard is very hard-working and determined to make it in this league. Since he is the substitute jungler, he is being mentored by jungle diff. For now, the wildcard is present to take jungle diff's spot if he's down with health issues or when he retires later on. He will be jungle diff's protégé, and he will make it against all odds.

FC
Girl on top

Role Top laner

Age range 19-21

Experience Only streaming

 

This is the first record holder. Not only is Girl on top the very first woman in the Korean league, she is also the very first female toplaner in any main league.

Actively going against the 'women only play support' stereotype, this girl fills the spot of what is usually considered the manliest role in the game, top.

Being a woman in esports is unfortunately still dangerous, and eyes immediately turned to her when girl on top was announced as player. Incels are hating on her, other girls are viewing her as a role model. Making the switch from streaming to playing as a pro was a risk.

Will Girl on top bring a positive change, or will she crack under the immense pressure and hate just like the others before her?

FC
WILDHEART

Role Ad carry

Age range 17-19

Experience max. 1 year

 

The wildheart is the ad carry of the roster. He's one of those fresh faced young rookies that teams just absolutely love.

Ad carries are often called babies because they constantly have to be watched and held on a leash, and that is literally the case here, both in game and out of game.

Wildheart is fun, wild (ofc) and energetic, and loves to make flashy, risky plays in game. While it is extremely cool if they work, it could cost the team whole games and maybe even trophies if they fail. This puts a huge amount of pressure on this young child, who is definitely not old enough to have that much on his shoulders.

FC
SHAPESHIFTER

Role Subsitute

Age range 19-22

Experience A few years, but always bottom teams

 

The shapeshifter is another pretty special case here, as he is skilled enough to play at least three roles competitively. While it is a great skill to have, he never got his chance to develop into one role specifically to improve.

After spending a few years on bottom tier and lower league teams, shapeshifter was happy to get the chance on this roster, but he had to take the substitute position with it. He'd rather be substitute than teamless, but it is still influencing his mental.

How does the shapeshifter feel about being in the backseat after being unlucky for so long? Does he work hard to become a proper pro at a single role so he can grow in his career, or does he maybe think of early retirement?

FC
JUNGLE DIFF

Role Jungler

Age range 23-25

Experience 5+ years

 

This jungler has been in the scene for a long time, possibly even in other major regions. He's considered a veteran, but while many admire him, many also consider him old, a deadweight, rusty.

Esports players have a very short expiration time. In this scene, being 22 is already considered old, as teams love to pick up fresh faced 17 year olds every year. That jungle diff is still around is a surprise to many.

Military enlistment and retirement are lurking around the corner for him, and while those things greatly scare him, jungle diff feels like he has a duty. As captain of the team, he will fight and show that he is not old and rusty just yet. But despite his attempts, he can start to feel strain in his body...

FC
BABYSITTER

*taken* 

 

Role Support

Age range 23

Experience 4 years

 

After the jungler, the support is the most experienced player on this roster. But while some people are already asking for his retirement, he can't really feel it calling yet.

The babysitter's main roles in the game and real life are playing mom and literally babysitting the wildheart. A support's role is to protect their teammates but also create chances for them to win fights. The babysitter's hands are already full with trying to save wildheart all the time, let alone taking care of three other players who can all be reckless on their own as well. Wildheart's pressure is also on babysitter's shoulders, but not nearly to the same extent.

What the others don't know about babysitter is that his conservative parents abandoned him after he entered the Esports career. While it's been a few years already, his heart still aches, and longs to have his parents back. He doesn't want to burden the others with his problems, so he'd rather just suffer on his own.

FC
TIRED DAD

Role Head coach

Age range 26-32

Experience Not as much as coach, but could be a former pro with either a bit or lots of experience

 

The tired dad, or better known as the head coach of Hynix. In charge of leading the players, making up strategies and letting the team use them in games. It is quite a different experience from being a pro, and it's often disregarded unless the coach has a huge personality.

Coach really has a hard time keeping all of the roster in check, working so hard to keep them safe and out of trouble, but that doesn't always go too well. For that, he is way too soft, sweet and even quite shy.

He's out there on stage every game, suited up all handsome and clean, but in the dorm he walks around in sweats and always with one or a few coffees in his hand. He really tries to be a dad, but this young man clearly isn't ready for kids yet. But it is obvious to everybody that he dedicates so much to this team, and that makes him a loved sweetheart among players and fans alike.

H
Y
N
I
X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

coded by SienL1