BONUS CHAPTER

Bucket Hat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chaeyoung never thought she’d see herself dating someone famous, yet alone the biggest heartthrob of the country. She’s always preferred the low key life, you could imagine her teachers shock when the student who topped every exam and gotten offers from all the medical schools in the country told them that she’d be moving back to Korea to learn how to bake. From a young age, she always knew that she’d like to open her own café—though admittedly, she thought it would be at home in Melbourne. But after taking a few classes in Korea and falling in love with the city, she decided to open up her store in Seoul. With her store in Busan doing well, she found herself travelling between the two cities. Park Chaeyoung was an active boss—serving coffees rather than sitting at home just waiting for the money to roll in. And on her days off, she’d work on thinking about the cute decorations and minor renovations she’d like to make to her store.

 

Jeon Jungkook was certain that he’d never date. Not because he didn’t have crushes, he was a man afterall—but seeing the difficulties his group members faced during their own secret relationships turned him off from the idea of a relationship. The late night fights because of their hectic schedules, the jealousy, the tiredness and the secrecy. There was nothing about a relationship that seemed like a good idea, at least, until he met her. It sort of just happened, if he were honest. When he saw her in Busan straight off the leg of his world tour, he realized that seeing her in video calls was in suffice. They walked through the beach at sunset that night and it was almost as though his lips had an owner of their own. But she looked so stunning, an angelic smile across her lips as she turned to him, telling him how beautiful the sunset was.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend, Chaeyoung? I don’t see myself with anyone else but you.”

 

He still remembers the shock across her face, as though she genuinely did not anticipate it. As though the late night calls and constant exchange of photos wasn’t a testament of how much he cared for her.

 

“Really? You want to date me? But—but I’m a nobody, and you’re… well—you.”

 

He swore that day, that he’d change her mind and show her how much of the world she was to him.

 

*

 

Her passion was remarkable.

 

Jeon Jungkook finds himself smiling on the phone as his eyes begin to close shut as she rambles about the plethora of customers she had that day, only changing the subject to talk about the new fatcaroon flavours she planned on introducing for valentines day week.

 

“Will you be in Korea for valentines day?” She questions suddenly.

 

“Hmm, I’ll be arriving from Japan in the afternoon,” he murmurs, taking a mental note to plan something special for the two of them.

 

She squeals in excitement, “… good, I want you to try the new flavours!”

 

“Aren’t you meant to say you’re excited to see me?” He fake pouts, getting up from the bed and sitting upright, “… you love your cakes more than your boyfriend.”

 

She blushes.

 

Cute, he thinks.

 

“Well,” she takes a deep breath, as though she’s a bit reluctant to speak, “… I make the flavors with you in mind, whether you’d like them.”

 

Super cute, he thinks.

 

“I don’t need the macaroons, I just need you.”

 

“Jungkook!”

 

He chuckles, watching as his very nervous girlfriend hides her face with her pillow.

 

“It’s been so long since we’ve s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter