Strange Day

I feel like I become a zombie

Lucky City, year 4425

It was a strange day. Yes, he has a great night and enough hours of sleep, and yet he felt something strange today. But here he was in the middle of the supermarket with his cart, deciding where he wants to scan first- and decided that he'll want to try on the dry goods area first. 

Seungmin thought, living alone has really its disadvantage, he really not wanted to pull out of the comfort of his bed but he just remembered how his fridge was empty. He has no stocks to sustain him for the next days. After toasting himself the left over loafbread he still have, he was out in his apartment.

He lazily picked anything that he thought was good and would sustain him for the next days and dumped them in the cart, ticking the boxes on the imaginary shopping list in his head. Now time to pick some wet goods then on to the cashier then he'll be home.

A sudden screaming could be heard around the store, Seungmin wouldn't give it a care when he saw how the other shoppers were wildly running around as if someone is chasing them.

"Huh?" His eyebrows were furrowed by how the screaming is becoming so loud now and he could hear some growling.

"Oh god, what is happening?" A pregnant woman, obviously scared, asked him just because he was the one near her in that area.

"I'm not really sure." He really wanted to be out of the store and be in the comfort of his bed or his couch now. It's hard to determine what is really happening when he's like on the fartest corner of the store, he was  on the fire exit corner. He could feel his heart beats to an unusual pace, he's feeling that weird feeling again- the one that he felt just this morning. The screams are defeaning as well as the growling and it's becoming nearer to where he was situated at.


He decided to see the commotion himself but a bloody man- teeth were bared as if he's about to eat something or someone for the matter, his eyes were bloodshot red, and he's growling- he was also running towards him, he could feel himself freeze in the spot. God damnit he needs to run but no, his damn feet seemed to be glued on the floor, swallowing hard as he pathetically just closed his eyes. He waited for the impact but nothing came, he slowly opened his eyes and he saw someone's back that soon turned around to face him.

"Hey, you okay?" His voice is soft, his eyes are like the cat's, he's handsome and his skin is probably smooth. He realized he's an employee of the store since he's wearing the store's uniform, a name plate on the other side of his chest. Lee Minho.

"Sir!" That woke him up. He's really having a strange feeling today or a strange day in particular.

"Uh- I am fine." The guy, Minho, has a baseball bat in his left hand, it has blood on it. There are more screaming and growling resonated the whole building and Seungmin was about to pee himself in his pants in front of this beautiful man.

"What is happening?" He managed to choke out.

"I'm not sure, but I was on my break time when I hear screaming. Come on, let's find  somewhere safe to hide in." Minho was still holding that baseball bat in his left hand and Seungmin's hand in his right as they ran towards the fire exit area. He didn't know but he felt calm feeling the other's hand that is wrapped around his. He had observed he got small hand, and Seungmin should really stop thinking weird things when they're in the middle of something weird too.

"In here! It's a stock room."

"But it says fire exit?"

" Yeah well, I know it's a ty building, you know there's no 'fire exit' around here, the management just came to that crap idea just to pass from the building inspection."

Seungmin managed to clicked his tongue at that, wow, he really should have known. But again he didn't think of using a fire exit today so..

"Thank you for saving me earlier. I don't know why I just froze out there."

"You're welcome, I'm Lee Minho."

"Kim Seungmin."

"Well, Kim Seungmin, I think we should just stay here for a moment." Minho said while locking the door after closing it. At least there were food around in this room, it's a stock room for a reason, but he's not really hungry.

Seungmin scoffed at himself but is loud enough for Minho to hear him who just rose an eyebrow.

"I just think today was strange. I don't really wanna go out of my room but then I am out of groceries."

"Yeah, well same here, it's my day off yet my friend called last minute, he's having an emergency and he needs someone to fill him in for him for the day, so..." He said, prolonging the last word.

Seungmin sighed, "what is happening?"

It was quite for a few seconds until the other talked, "you hear about the news? It's all over the internet."

"I sure heard it but I didn't think of it to be true, I mean, I think someone was just bored and created that news."

Minho shrugged, there were still screaming and growling at the distant, and everytime they hear a painful scream outside the room, they'll look at each other, Minho was still gripping the baseball bat.

"Okay, I think this is just a pretty bad dream yeah?" Seungmin chuckled, his thoughts were messed up, this isn't happening right?

"Aw! What the ! What was that for?" Seungmin's thought got cut off when Minho smacked the back of his head with his cap that is part of his uniform. The other grinned at the younger, "you're welcome, it's not a dream."

Seungmin's about to complain more but stopped himself upon realizing that yes, it was definitely not a dream, he still felt the throbbing on the back of his head.

"! Did you have to hit me that hard?" Seungmin hissed, caressing the part where he felt pain on his head.

Minho smirked, "well, would you prefer it if I hit you with this bat instead then?"

Seungmin scoffed, he can't believe this is happening, he can't believe he was with an who still have the energy to make fun and making him pissed in the middle of this whatever situation they were in.

Some growling and frantic knocks could be heard outside the door, that made them stopped their antics and shut their mouths while Minho gripped the bat in his left hand.

"H-hello? Please, let me in! I know there's someone in there, please, let me in! I promise I'm not infected! Hello?!"

Seungmin pursed his lips while his eyes were like going off of its sockets as he looked at Minho who still has that bored face on. His left hand has still a firm grip of that baseball bat.

"What should we do? Should we let him in?" Seungmin whispered, they can still hear the guy frantically knocking on the door, his breathing becoming ragged by the seconds that passed by.

"Please!"

"We should really let him in." Seungmin attempted to open the lock of the door but then Minho stopped him.

"Wait, we're not really sure if he's infected or not."

"No please, I told you the truth, I am not infected."

"Well, that's kind of an infected man would say."

"I promise, I am not!"

"Oh for 's sake! Let's help him!" Seungmin yanked his hand away from Minho's grip and successfully unlocked the door then threw the door opened too. A franctic looking guy with their age bursted in and closed the door himself rather forcefully.

Minho put the other end of the baseball bat on the guy's throat as he scanned him up and down, probably looking for a bite mark or something.

"Minho! Stop that!"

"What? I am just being careful, unlike you."

" Oh come on, we're already in this situation but still you acted like a jerk-"

"Excuse you? I'm a jerk? Well, I am sorry for being so careful! Last time I checked, you're about to die if not with my help, remember?"

Seungmin didn't know if he's thankful for being saved by this jerk or not, he wanted to punch him so hard. But his internal rage was cut off by an awkward clearing of throat from the guy who has his back pressed on the door, he also looked like he regretted to be in here with them.

"Uhh- sorry to disturb your flirting-"

"What?"

"Flirting?" A scoff is clearly heard inside the room.

"Uh- uhm- right. I just wanted to say thank you for letting me in and I understand if you didn't trust me but I swear I am not infected. I also understand if your boyfriend here is just trying to protect you and uh- why are you looking like you're about to kill me."

"I am not his boyfriend and we are not flirting. Get that inside your head or I'll feed you to those monster myself!" The guy choked with the venom Minho just spat to him and from the bat that was firmly pressed on the side of his neck.

"Okay, okay. Whatever! I'm sorry, okay? Just please, let me stay in here." The guy begged and sighed in relief when Minho retreated the baseball bat from his precious neck.

Seungmin is rooming around the room, he's checking the corners with possible stuff that would help them- but actually his was messed up, not understanding any of this. It was a strange day for him.

"Will you please sit down or something? My head hurts from watching you walking around aimlessly from there!" Minho was pissed off but not with Seungmin or anyone from the room they were in (well, there were only three of them in there), he was having a bad day from the start, helping a co-worker means sacrificing his own comfort at home. He was supposed to be in his bed, cuddling his three babies- Doongie, Soonie and Dori. Yeah, but instead he was here, he didn't know what happened, he didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to react.

"I'm sorry, I- I didn't mean it, forget it." Minho says softly, already standing in front of Seungmin who has unreadable look on his face, Minho understands him, no one really expected how this day has turned out. He didn't know when he got the courage to raise his free hand that's not holding the bat and let it unconsciously swipe Seungmin's fringe that blocked his eyes. They were like two people fated to meet each other but in a wrong time and place, they felt like they're the only two people in the room, they totally forgot that there's already someone else in that storage room.

"Uh-" someone is clearing their throat, "I hate to interrupt the moment but," he shortly cuts himself because the glare Minho is sending to his way was fierce.

"I'm Myungjun by the way, in case you're wondering who I am- okay! Sorry!"