“Introduce Me a Good Person”

All For You

Loud scratching of turntable followed by a remix of ‘Introduce Me a Good Person’ by Basis plays inside the bar. Some of them recognize the song from the latest Korean drama, but for a certain blonde, she knows this song from the heart. She cannot count how many times she sings this song in noraebang. A smile forms on her lips as she remembers that day. The glass of wine in her hand makes her more sentimental and nostalgic. Her road to memory lane is interrupted when she remembers the purpose why she visits the club.

Seungwan is busy observing the area when her eyes catch a woman who looks distressed. The distance between the said woman and the man she’s talking to is a clear sign to Seungwan that she does not know this man. Plus, the fact that the woman is getting more and more uncomfortable with his advances. The blonde places her glass on the counter, then walk in their direction.

“Hey,” Seungwan eagerly greets her.

“I never thought I will see you here.” Bewilderment is written on the other woman’s face.

As the other woman turns her head, the blonde slowly notices the former’s features. Oh, she’s gorgeous. Her eyes are dazzling, her face is breathtaking. Those cat-like eyes are hypnotizing Seungwan. She is enamored. That’s the reason why he is hitting on her.

“Last time I see you were a year ago.” Seungwan continues her act and discreetly wink at her. Finally, the latter understands what she is doing.

“Oh yeah. Nice to see you again.”

Arms wrap around Seungwan’s petite body. The warmth emitted by the other woman causes the latter’s poor soul to leave her body. The hot breath against her ear reunites her body and soul.

“Whoever you are. Thank you.” The woman whispers. “Call me Jennie.”

“Jen, remember Seulgi?” Seungwan asks after the hug.

“Oh yeah. How is she?”

“She’s with me. Maybe you can join us.” The man who is listening stands up and is about to protest when Jennie answers.

“Sure.” Jennie vehemently pulls Seungwan away from the man and brings her into one of the VIP rooms.

 

 

“What took you so long?” A woman with a gorgeous face and fluffy cheeks immediately questions her cousin. She realizes that Jennie is with someone.

“Jen, I never thought you are the type of person to randomly grab a girl in a bar.”

The blonde can feel that the woman with a gorgeous face is looking at her from head to toe. She feels bare and conscious of her appearance. The black Adidas Trefoil shirt layered with a hooded denim jacket, tan chino pants that hug her well-sculpted legs, and white Onitsuka Tiger slip-on shoes are not the best party outfit. In her defense, she is in the bar for work not for leisure or relaxation.

“Rosé, it’s not what you think.” Jennie sits on the couch with Seungwan beside her.

“She’s my savior, Rosé! She saves me from that stupid maniac guy.”

“What?!” Rosé stands up. “Where is he?! I will kill him.”

“Chill, Rosie.”

Rosé sits on the opposite side of the two. She stares at Jennie’s companion and finally realizes who she is. Damn! You did not just pick some random girl, Jen. A random yet loaded girl.

“You are ing Son Seungwan!” Rosé shouts while pointing a finger at the blonde.

“Yeah,” Seungwan pause. “I’m ing Son Seungwan.”

The blonde is not sure why she said that. Maybe the alcohol makes her loosen up a bit and grow a funny bone. Usually, she is a shy, stuttering mess, and no jam.

“Damn you and your luck, Jen.”

“What luck?” Rosé rolls her eyes. Right, my cousin is not aware of who she is.

“She is ing Son Seungwan. One of the greatest and brightest architects here in South Korea. She is one of the owners of Build-to-Protect Architect Studio, which is a popular architect team that created tall skyscrapers, houses, parks, museums, and even that highly anticipated event center for the upcoming Olympics. You can see their work here and abroad. Just search them online and you will be awe of their achievements.” Rosé explains in one breathe.

“Oh, did I mention that she’s one of the daughters of Son Group of Companies? She is a ing Son. They are the owner of the convenience store you see everywhere. The high-end mall where you bought your new Chanel bag. The airline that brought you from New Zealand to here. Even that chocolate milk drink that you hoarded is produced by their food manufacturing company.”

Seungwan places her hand on her nape. She cannot deny all the information that Rosé said. News articles about their family are all over the internet. They even have a Wikipedia page about her family and businesses. Yes, Son Seungwan is a chaebol. A goddamn, ing chaebol.

“Oh .” Jennie gasps.

“Yeah, .”

Jennie stands up from her seat to bow down to Seungwan.

“Hey, why are you bowing?” The blonde also stands up. “I’m the one who helps you.”

Jennie continues bowing to Seungwan. Her savior is not just a knight in shining armor but a ing princess. A pair of hands hold her shoulder that changes her position from bent forward to standing straight.

“It’s okay, Jennie” Seungwan sincerely utters to her. “I know you are in a bad situation that’s why I helped you.”

The warm and radiating smile on Seungwan’s face stirred something in Jennie. Suddenly, the ceiling becomes more interesting to look at than the blonde’s face. Oh look, that chandelier is gorgeous. Like this woman in front of me. She shakes her head to erase the thought of Son Seungwan is ing stunning. Maybe I can add that up in my foyer to make it more elegant. Jennie ponders. Wait! Which one will I add? Chandelier or Seungwan?

“You look stupid, Jen,” Rosé smirks. Is that a blush on my cousin’s face?

“Yah! I’m not.”

“Whatever!”

The two get startled due to the loud siren sound. They simultaneously stare at the blonde who is smiling sheepishly.

“Sorry about that.” Seungwan shyly giggles. “Got a very loud message notification. Well, I need to go.”

Rosé is looking at her cousin. Jennie is easy to read. It is written all over her face that she doesn’t want Seungwan to leave. She knows that her cousin will let this chance slip away and let ‘destiny’ do its magic.

“Thank you again, Seungwan-ssi.” Jennie tightly hugs the blonde. The latter is caught off guard but reciprocated the hug.

“No worries, Jennie. I’m glad you’re okay.”

“I’m more than okay,” Jennie whispers as she inhales the sweet vanilla scent coming from Seungwan.

“What’s that?” Seungwan asks.

“Nothing.”

“I need to go. See you around.” The blonde bids farewell and hugs Jennie before leaving. She ponders if she is going to hug Rosé but ends up waving her hands to say goodbye. A hug from Jennie is enough for tonight. Seungwan explains in her head. A second hug from another beautiful creature will be the death of me.

Jennie is staring at the door when a hand collided against her head. Her annoying cousin hits her head.

“Why did you not ask for her number?”

“I’m shy, Rosie-ah. If she’s meant for me, we will see each other again.” Jennie answers with dreamy eyes.

“You and your so-called destiny.” Rosé rolls her eyes. “It is already 2022 and still believes that.”

Jennie cannot hear the words that her cousin said. Only the blonde named Son Seungwan clouded her mind. Is this love at first sight? That thought makes her giddy. I will see you again, Seungwan. I’m sure destiny will let us meet again. She closes her eyes and internally prays. Please, let me have a chance to meet Seungwan again. Please! If that happens, I will ask for her number.

 

 

 

“Hi, Joo Hyun-ah!” The older version of Seung Wan greets her.

“I’m here to pick up the twins, Auntie Sun Hee.” Joo Hyun smiles then hugs the older woman.

“Aw. Is it time for them to go?” Sun Hee frowns but eventually smiles. The same warm smile of Seung Wan. “They can stay here for one week, Joo Hyun-ah. I don’t mind. This house is too quiet without them.”

“That’s too much, Auntie. I don’t want to be a nuisance. I know my twins can be a handful most of the time.”

“Mom!” Soo Young hollers as she runs towards Sun Hee to hug her. “Nana Sun Hee said we can stay.”

“Please let us stay, Mom.” Yerim pleads as she hugs her mother.

“I agree with the twins, Joo Hyun-ah. Have a vacation with Bogum while I take care of your kids.” The old woman lightly pats Soo Young’s head. “I hope Seung Wan will date too. She’s a good and bright kid but dumb with love.”

“We cannot do anything about that, Auntie Sun Hee. You know Seung Wan loves her work so much.” Sun Hee shakes her head. You are just blind, Joo Hyun-ah. My Seung Wan loves you and the twins so much.

“Well, I cannot deny that.” Sun Hee sighs. My daughter is not just dumb but loyal.

“Don’t worry, Nana. Yerim and I can help Aunt Wannie with her love problem.” Soo Young looks at her twin sister and smiles devilishly. The latter copies her twin sister. They are already plotting some tricks to help their aunt.

“Oh. You are here.” Seung Wan’s eyebrows knit together seeing the weird smile on the twins’ faces. She just brushes it off. The words Bae twins are always accompanied by the word mischievous.

“Why are you here in the foyer? We have a lovely lounge that has comfortable couches.” The blonde is now standing beside Joo Hyun.

“We are about to leave, Wannie-ah.” Joo Hyun says as she automatically intertwines her hands to Seung Wan. A normal scenario for the two of them. It’s like their hands are magnets that attract each other.

“Oh? That fast?”

“Yes, my daughter.” Her mother answers as she stares at the intertwined hands of the two. Can I just collide their heads with each other for them to realize what they have been missing for so long?

“Why are you here?” Seungwan pouts. Feigning a hurt expression that did not affect her mother at all.

“I just miss you, Mom.” The blonde goofily smiles at her mother.

“Well, I don’t.” Sun Hee sassily replies.

“Ouch!” Everyone laughs at the mother and daughter's cute playful banter.

“Moving on,” The oldest woman in the room utters. “I suggested that the twins will stay here for a week so Joo Hyun and Bogum can have a holiday.”

The twins squeal out of happiness while Joo Hyun profusely shakes her head. As for Seung Wan, she just shrugs her shoulder. The blonde is used to this—masking her hurt and jealousy. She mastered this for almost twenty years. She already accepted it a long time ago that she cannot be with Joo Hyun as a lover, so she chooses to be the ‘best friend forever’ role. Her role —big time!

“That’s great, Mom.” Seung Wan says as enthusiastically as she can.

“I will pay for your holiday expenses.” Sun Hee firmly tells Joo Hyun.

“That’s too much, Auntie Sun Hee. Taking care of my twins is already enough.”

“Nonsense! I’m planning to spend it for my daughter.” The oldest woman glares at her daughter. “Unfortunately, she’s still single! So, I will just spend it with you. You are also my daughter, Joo Hyun.”

The last sentence warms Joo Hyun’s heart. Memories flash in her head. She remembers how grateful she is to have the Son family in her life. The Sons treated her like their own flesh. Even her twins are treated as their granddaughters. Since the twins’ father died years ago, her family and the Son family are there for her. Her parents help to stand on her feet again and sheltered her during the sorrowful moment of her life. Seung Wan becomes her pillar and source of strength. The twins—the twins are the reason why she wakes up every day. The adorable whines bring Joo Hyun back to the present time.

“Mom!” Seung Wan whines. “Chaeyoung is also single.”

“But you’re older.” Sun Hee rebuts. The blonde sighs.

“Will I ever win in our argument?” The blonde cutely pouted.

“Nope, you will never win. Whether you are talking to me, your sister, your father, your Joo Hyun,” Sun Hee halts then clears . “I mean Joo Hyun, the twins, and even Seulgi. You will never win, Son Seung Wan.”

The blonde gets flustered. However, she is not sure of the reason behind it. Is it because she is the ultimate loser in an argument or because of what her mother said? Your Joo Hyun? Seung Wan subtlety smiles. That is pleasing to my ears. I hope it’s real.

“Nana Sun Hee, don’t worry about Aunt Wannie being single.” Soo Young proudly utters. “Because the S&Y dating agency is finally open.”

“I agree with my clever twin, Nana Sun Hee,” Yerims adds. “Because S&Y dating agency motto is swipe left, swipe right, and boom you got a love life.

The three oldest in the area look at each other. They don’t have any idea of what the twins are talking about. How can swipe left and right will get you a lover? Seung Wan prays that this S&Y dating agency will truly help her and not put her six feet under.