final

The Switch Up

 

Chenle was glaring at his father as they took the ferry boat to the island campsite. He did not want to spend his summer vacation on an island with no internet connect and no break from his father. Kun sighed as his twelve-year-old sulked. In his defense, he was not responsible for this, it was his friend, Ten, and Chenle’s godfather who booked the weekend bonding activity to improve their relationship. They weren’t as bad perse, Chenle is just entering his teenage years and the is getting evident despite Kun just turning 36 at the start of the year.

 

“Chenle, I’m really sorry.” Kun tried to talk to his son, but Chenle is just like him, stubborn and petty.

 

“I had plans baba.” Chenle sulked even more and Kun understood, he also had that phase, and he won’t hold it against his son.

 

“I really am sorry.” Kun sighed and left the son to get some fresh air.

 

Kun walked out into the open deck and just immersed himself in nature, might as well enjoy before he braved the storm. A few minutes past when he felt hands wrap around his face and a familiar warmth rest on his back. He smiled, Chenle was just like him, he wouldn’t want an argument to go stale.

 

“I’m sorry too.” Chenle apologized and Kun placed his hand on top of his son’s.

 

“Let’s just make the most of it okay?” Kun asked and he felt Chenle nod behind him.

 

---

 

Johnny rolled his eyes as he watched his son screamed bloody murder.  Being a single dad with a teenager wasn’t the easiest thing in the world but Johnny knew how to handle his drama king of a son, so he just allowed his son to belt out three Celine Dion songs like it was the end of the world before he pulled the teen out of his room and towards their car.

 

Johnny had gotten Donghyuck when his biological mother had given him up, preferring to go back to being single and available after getting accidentally pregnant. Johnny was just starting his career as a barista and had a café that was gaining momentum so Donghyuck was a curve ball that he least expected. But Mr. and Mrs. Suh did not raise a weak son, so he took in the boy and raised him as best as he could, may have spoiled him rotten and now he has a teen that could most probably outdid Sharpay.

 

 

“It’ll be fun.” Johnny said as he drove towards the pier.

 

“Define fun dad? You’re too old for what I think is fun.” Donghyuck huffed as he crossed his arms.

 

“I am only 37!” Johnny was taken aback.

 

“Well, I’m fourteen, and you want me to attend a summer camp? It’s not even camp rock! You want me to do what? Fishing?” Donghyuck was furious so Johnny just let his son be.

 

“It’s just a weekend, deal with it.” Johnny shifted gears and Donghyuck looked out at the window, ignoring his father completely.

 

---

 

 

Kun and Chenle were at the registration booth when a teenager just grabbed one of the bracelet straps on the table and stormed off. The father and son were too stunned to speak and then a tall man was bowing to them to apologize.

 

“Sir is he your son?” The staff asked nervously, and Johnny nodded. “He got the bracelet assigned to Mr. Qian’s son.” She pointed to Kun who was already wearing the blue bracelet. “Once worn, it would be impossible to be removed until the staff unlocks it on sunday. It also discharges a little electric spark should the two bracelets are away from each other.” She explained frantically and they heard a scream from a distance just as Kun hissed.

 

“Oh my goodness, Donghyuck!” Johnny ran to get his son and quickly returned him to the registration table.

 

“How was I supposed to know?” Donghyuck yelled and Johnny rubbed his temple.

 

“I’m sorry, the keys are at the main office off shore, it will only be delivered by Sunday.” She bowed in apology.

 

“So now I am stuck here with a stranger?” Donghyuck glared at the staff.

 

“Whose fault was it?” Chenle dared to talk back to Donghyuck and the older of the two glared at him. “I won’t let you near my baba!” Chenle huffed and the Staff was close to tears.

 

 

“Chenle, drop it.” Kun spoked and everyone looked at him. “We have no choice, let’s exchange kids for a while, it seems like your son does not want to be with you at the moment.” Kun declared and Johnny was offended.

 

“Baba? You’re just going to let me stay with a stranger?” Chenle was perplexed.

 

Lele, we both know you and I are not in a strained relationship, You are a polite kid and I am sure you can deal with this gentleman. He looks kind enough despite looking like a mob boss.”  Kun spoke in Chinese and Chenle giggled.

 

I am not a mafia boss, excuse me.” The father and son gasped as Johnny clarified, they did not knowJohnny knew conversational Mandarin and Chenle eventually laugh.

 

“Hello I am Chenle, and your name mister?” Chenle extended hand.

 

“Johnny.” Johnny shook it firmly.

 

“Great, I’ll be your son for the weekend. Please take care of me.” Chenle bowed his head and Johnny did too, he did not know why.

 

“You must be Donghyuck, I am Kun.” Kun approached the teen and Donghyuck just huffed.

 

“Donghyuck, your manners.” Johnny warned and the teen bowed to Kun.

 

“It’s settled, you can give Donghyuck’s bracelet to Chenle.” Kun smiled at the staff and she quickly retrieved the welcome pack for the Suh’s and handed it to Johnny along with the guidelines.

 

 

Their cabins, thankfully they were not sleeping on tents, were a few meters apart, exactly across each other. Kun patted his son’s head and reminded him to be a good kid for Johnny before he led Donghyuck towards his own cabin.

 

 

Donghyuck sulked as he allowed himself to be swallowed by the sofa. Kun looked at him before bringing their bags towards the only bed inside the cabin. “Do you want to unpack?” Kun called out but Donghyuck did not respond.  Kun then walked towards him and then sat next to the teen. “You don’t want to be here?” Kun asked and Donghyuck sighed then nodded. “Chenle too, and I understand, this is childish.” Kun informed him.

 

“Exactly! Why did my dad not understand this?” Donghyuck finally spoke and in true dramatic fashion, he stood up and made hand gestures.

 

“Comes with age I guess.” Kun chuckled and Donghyuck glared at his new guardian then ended up laughing.

 

“You’re old too then?” Donghyuck asked and Kun nodded.

 

“I stopped counting after 18.” Kun replied and it made Donghyuck laugh.

 

“Sorry for being a brat.” Donghyuck apologized and extended a hand. “I’m Suh Donghyuck.” He extended a hand.

 

“Qian Kun, nice to meet you.” Kun shook his hand and finally, Donghyuck smiled.

 

“Why are you here then?” Donghyuck asked as they unpacked their clothes and toiletries.

 

“Chenle’s godfather thought it would be a good bonding activity for us before Chenle turns 13 this fall.” Kun answered him.

 

“Oh, but he’s well mannered.” Donghyuck praised the teen and it made Kun smile.

 

 

“I tried to raise him that way.” Kun sighed. “I’m not saying that your father raised you wrong.” Kun quickly added.

 

“My dad tried his best, being a single dad wasn’t the easiest and I am sure I am making his life miserable right now but it’s not entirely my fault.” Donghyuck exclaimed.

 

“Have you told your father what was wrong then?” Kun dared to ask, dealing with Chenle was the same, they don’t always meet eye to eye but if they find faults, they made sure to inform the other so they can correct it.

 

“Only about a hundred times.” Donghyuck exasperated. “I get it, it’s lonely getting old without a lover but is it wrong for me to ask him to date at least someone I approve?” Donghyuck asked Kun who blinked at him.

 

“oh, oh your dad is dating someone, and you’re not in good terms?” Kun realized the situation at hand.

 

“yes.” Donghyuck pouted then sat closer to Kun. “Can I hug you Mr. Kun?” Donghyuck asked and Kun would not normally allow strangers to touch him but the teen looked like he need a warm hug so he nodded and allowed the teen to wrap his arm around his waist as he wrapped an arm around the teen’s back. Donghyuck rest his head on Kun’s shoulder.

 

“Just uncle Kun please, you make me sound like I’m a grandpa!” Kun corrected Donghyuck and the teen nodded.

 

“I’ve always asked for hugs from my dad, it’s my safe space.” Donghyuck shared. “But his new girlfriend forbids me to hug my own father.” Donghyuck pouted. “Excuse me? I can’t hug my dad? And he allowed it?” Kun can feel the anger in Donghyuck, no wonder he was mad at his dad at the moment.

 

“Now I understand you better.” Kun chuckled and held the teen tighter.

 

 

Since they arrived late in the afternoon, the staffs had provided them provisions inside the mini fridge in the kitchenette. While Donghyuck was rummaging the stocks, he remembered that his father can make the best cup of coffee but can burn down a kitchen when he tried to cook.

 

 

“Oh my god, my dad is a fire hazard!” Donghyuck rushed out the door and Kun scrambled to catch up to him or else they’ll get stung again.

 

 

“Open up!” Donghyuck screamed as he knocked on the door and when Johnny opened it, he was confused as his son dashed inside and checked if the stove was on.

 

 

Johnny then looked at the panting Kun and waited for him by the door, apologizing for his son’s actions. Kun waived him off and gladly entered the cabin, his son instantly hugging him in greeting.

 

“Why are you here baba?” Chenle asked and Kun gestured to Donghyuck.

 

“He’s afraid that his father will burn down the cabin.” Kun explained and it made Chenle laugh like a dolphin.

 

“I was just caring for your welfare.” Donghyuck huffed.

 

‘I can cook, baba taught me basic stuff.” Chenle assured him.

 

“Thank you for caring.” Johnny smiled but Donghyuck glared at him.

 

“Mr. Suh?” They heard a knock on the door and the staff earlier came and greeted them, “Oh Mr. Qian you’re here too. Great.” She said. “Uhm, there is another problem and I would like to ask  if the four of you can share 1 cabin?” She asked and closed her eyes as Donghyuck screamed.

 

“What? You want us to what?” Donghyuck screamed and Johnny was going to become violent now if not for Kun rushing towards Donghyuck and pulling him into a hug.

 

 

“one of the cabins had leaks and all cabins are booked, you’re the only two familys that have only 2 occupants.” She informed them and Kun nodded.

 

“We already unpacked, we can use our cabin.” Kun answered.

 

‘But uncle Kun!” Donghyuck whined.

 

“You said it yourself, your father is a fire hazard, I can monitor both of your safety this way.” Kun smiled at him and Donghyuck laughed while Johnny frowned.

 

‘Is it okay Mr. Suh?” The staff asked for confirmation and Johnny sighed then nodded.

 

“Give us a bit of time, we’ll bring over our bags.” Johnny replied and she bowed to thanked them and went on their way.  

 

Johnny then turned to the three and Chenle just picked up his bag and then walked out of the cabin, with Donghyuck following him soon after. “Give him some time.” Kun assured Johnny and offered to help but Johnny assured him that he’ll be fine.

 

The staff did deliver extra provisions for them such as food and extra beddings before thanking them once more for being accommodating to a sudden request.

 

“why don’t the two of you unpack while we take care of the food.” Kun informed the two and Chenle skipped his way towards the cabinet, Johnny followed soon after.

 

 

“Do you want anything to eat?” Kun asked and Donghyuck instantly nodded.

 

“Kimchi-jjiggae.” He said and Kun nodded. ‘I’ll help! My kimchi-jjigae is the best.” Donghyuck was excited and Kun chuckled and allowed him as he started with the rice.

 

Chenle soon joined them but screamed loudly when he saw Donghyuck hold a burning paper towel while Kun instantly tapped it with his bare hands and then shook his head at the teen who grinned at him.

 

“So who’s the fire hazard?” Johnny asked and Donghyuck glared at him then returned to his task.

 

“Both of you apparently.” Chenle replied with a loud laugh and bounded to his father to help with dinner.

 

Johny scoffed but smiled to himself as he looked at how domestic Kun and the teens were preparing dinner. He wanted something like this for his own, hence the reason for his girlfriend but Donghyuck wasn’t really on board with the idea. But here he was working with Kun like they were long time friends or something, maybe it wasn’t Donghyuck that has a problem but him?

 

“Make yourself useful.”Kun nudged Johnny and pointed to the dishes that needed washing and Johnny nodded and squeezed himself into the tight kitchenette and the four of them juggled cooking and washing, laughing along as they did until it was time for dinner.

 

Donghyuck flushed when Kun praised him and Johnny scoffed at his kid, the teen stuck out his tongue at his father. “Are you really 37 Mr. Johnny?”  Chenle asked and Johnny raised a brow at him. “You act like you’re a teen.” Chenle added and Kun chuckled but reprimanded his son.

 

“I told you to call me uncle or just Johnny!” Johnny corrected Chenle.

 

“Uncle Kun said he stopped counting when he reached 18.” Donghyuck shared.

 

“Yeah, my dad thinks he’s still 18.” Chenle shrugged.

 

“Butmy dad acts like he’s 10.” Donghyuck roasted his father and Johnny was close to throwing the chopsticks at his son but he realized that yeah, that was a petty move.

 

“he has a point.” Kun chimed. “Aren’t you two just adorable.” Kun chuckled and placed more meat on Johnny’s bowl to pacify him and the older thanked him but glared at his son one last time.

 

After dinner, they washed the dishes and cleaned up, changing into pajamas that were coincidentally all have various bear designs so Chenle excitedly took a photo of them to post later.

 

Then the dilemma.

 

“My dad snores!” Donghyuck shrieked.

 

“I do not!” Johnny countered and the father and son chased around the cabin while Chenle Kun fluffed up the pillows.

 

“Come here Hyuckie.” Kun gestured for him and the teen ran towards Kun and embraced him while Johnny stopped and pouted.

 

“I’ll sleep next to you uncle Johnny, I can sleep through a typhoon, your snoring would be a new challenge.” Chenle grinned and Johny stuck out his tongue to his son then bear hugged the teen and lifted him towards the set up bedding by the living room, a few steps away form the bed.

 

“here.” Kun offered Donghyuck a pair of ear plugs much to the teen’s confusion. “You see, I am a composer and I do treat my ears as an asset. I got a habit to bring a few pairs in case there would loud noises or snoring.” Kun said and Donghyuck laughed before taking them.

 

 

And they needed it because Johnny’s snores were loud but Chenle slept like a dead log while Kun and Donghyuck thankfully got their own sleep cuddled on the bed, ear plugs protecting their ears from the chaos of Johnny’s snores.

 

Kun woke up the earliest to prepare breakfast, too used ot his morning routine of running in the morning. Johnny woke up a few minutes later and he rummaged his bag for his coffee press and coffee grounds and Kun remembered that Donghyuck did mention that his father can make a mean cup fo coffee. Kun put the water to boil as Johnny set up his fancy French press and mini scale. Kun observed as the barista measured the exact amount and proceeded to prepare the coffee. Kun placed the electric kettle in front of Johnny and the older smiled at him gratefully.

 

While the coffee was brewing, Johnny brushed his teeth and Kun proceeded to make some toast, something easier to eat for the teens because they are going to need the energy for their morning hike. The teens groaned when woken up but the smell of food and coffee eventually woke them up.

 

“You’re good uncle Johnny.” Chenle praised him and Johnny beamed him a smile.

 

‘Thank you Chenle!” Johnny was genuinely happy, this is an unbiased compliment.

 

“He sure does, give credit when credit is due.” Donghyuck shrugged and Johnny smiled at his son, well at least he said something good.

 

“I agree, this  would be perfect with a cheesecake.” Kun hummed and Chenle nodded.

 

“Yes, your Cheesecake would be so bomb with uncle Johnny’s coffee!” Chenle squeaked.

 

‘I want to try!” Donghyuck pouted at Kun and the older ran a hand on the teen’s hair.

 

“Maybe one day we’ll drop by and give you one.” Kun promised and Donghyuck grinned and hugged the older much to Johnny’s disappointment.

 

“You’re a great barista uncle.” Chenle giggled and gave him a hug as well.

 

The first activity for the day was hiking and it was an hour or two around the forest near the site and it was tiring but fulfilling. While the kids were full of energy despite being early, Kun and Johnny seemed to enjoy the nature and appreciate it more so they were much slower than their kids. Johnny also insisted in helping Kun down boulders even if  he younger insisted that he was fine. After the hike, they were served refreshments and were told to rest for a while before the games begin. There were traditional camp games like relays and then some modern ones like volleyball and basketball. Since they had no choice in the matter, Johnny and Kun had to be grouped as 1 family for the games and soon enough, they both learned that while they weren’t the most competitive, their sons were nothing but their opposite. So when it came to the relay, even with the late start, the four of them breezed through the obstacle and even won first p[lace much to the chagrin of other families. Volleyball was also a breeze because little did everyone know, Johnny used to play as a varsity and with both Donghyuck and Chenle helping him, they out powered their competition; Kun was their cheerleader.

 

“Not fair if Johnny would play basketball too! He’s tall!” One father argued and Johnny was about to argue back but Kun stopped him and stepped forward.

 

‘I’ll play.” Kun smiled at him.

 

Little did everyone know, Kun had been a player in middle school and he was a point guard and outside shooter. Chenle had picked up basketball after he had watched an NBA game and had been playing too ever since, at first Chenle was surprised his dad knew how to play but when challenged, Kun was a force to reckoned with. With carefully coordinated game plays and communication, Chenle and Kun breezed through and took points after points, much to the delight of Johnny and Donghyuck who were both screaming the loudest for the two. Three gold medals, a grand champion trophy and a beef set later, Johnny, Donghyuck, Chenle and Kun were posing for a picture. Kun knelt on the ground with Donghycuk while Johnny allowed Chenle to stick tohis side, placing an arm around the teen’s shoulder. Kun took Donghyuck’s hand but  the teen had other plans as he linked their fingers together and kissed Kun’s knuckles. They really looked like a happy family.

 

There was a bonfire after their dinner and some played songs on guitars while the others sing. Donghyuck of course did not pass up the opportunity to sing and being a competitive kid, Chenle too and eventually roped in his father to sing a bit. The kids retired early while Johnny and Kun sat by the cabin porch and took time to stargaze as the night sky was clear.

 

“Thank you for treating Donghyuck nicely despite him being a brat.” Johnny spoke and Kun looked at him and smiled.

 

“He’s a good kid Johnny.” Kun replied and Johnny sighed.

 

‘I know he is but he’s been acting like a brat for a while now and it’s not him.” Johnny confessed and Kun sighed this time.

 

“Have you asked him what’s wrong?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded.

 

‘yeah I did. But he gets all worked up about it.” Johnny replied.

 

“Have you listened to him? Like really listen to your son?” Kun prodded and Johnny nodded. “You didn’t” Kun answered and Johnny  looked at Kun, confusion painted on his face.” He told me you didn’t listen to him.” Kun shared and face Johnny, looking dead into his eyes. “Are you aware of your son’s love language?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded.

 

“He hugs persons he likes. He does that to me when he was younger but as he grew up, he stopped.” Johnny answered.

 

‘Did he stop or did you stop allowing him?” kun asked again and Johnny was getting fed up with the questions.

 

“My girlfriend told me that Donghyuck is too old for that kind of affection. I’m babying him.” There’s irritation in his voice and it made Kun scoff.

 

“And you listened to your girlfriend more than your son?” Kun questioned in an accusing tone and it made Johnny angry. “I’m sorry but you believed a stranger more than your own blood? Donghyuck clearly expressed his opinion and you as the more mature one should have assessed the situation before you decided. Donghyuck told me that hugging you was his safe space!” Kun tried to explain and Johnny was shell shocked at the revelation. “You had raised him with all the love and care, you had showered him with affection and then all of a sudden you take it all back because someone told you that your son is too old? Johnny, there’s no age to stop affection for your child!” Kun’s tone was firm and Johnny looked at his clasped hands, feeling remorse at the wrong decision he had made.

 

“I’m sorry if I have to be blunt but your kid wanted you to be happy but someone that will also make him happy. He wants a family too not his replacement.” Kun sighed and Johnny nodded.

 

“There’s truth to that. I’ve always thought that Hyuck hated her for no apparent reason but I guess he’s right. I’ve been thinking how hyuck would leave the nest soon, that I would be lonely without him but I did not really considered his feelings.” Tears fell from Johnny’s eyes and at this point, Kun sat closer to him and embraced him.

 

“Being a parent is not smooth sailing but I trust that you are doing your best.” Kun assured him and Johnny wiped his tears with his hand.

 

“Chenle was right when he said you’re such a strong and empathic person.” Johnny tried to laugh through the tears. “He’s proud of you, did you know?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded, still keeping Johnny in his embrace. “When he said that you gave birth to him and raised him all by yourself, I was at awe, here I am struggling with parenting, I didn’t even give birth to Hyuckie, and I want to give up as he started his rebellious phase. Yet you? He’s not even your child bot you managed to crack him open and give him affection I failed to.” Johnny took a deep breath and this time Kun wiped his tears.

 

“What’s important is you tried and you’re still trying. It’s not a walk in a park Johnny but you’ve already raised hyuckie for fourteen years.” Kun assured him. “He’s still your little bear.” Kun said and Johnny laughed.

 

“Thank you, you’re really godsent.” Johnny said and kun beamed him a smile.

 

“Dad?” A head popped from the front door and Kun scooted a little away as Donghyuck ran to his father and cupped his face, pouting as he saw tears glistening fromhis father’s eyes. “I’m sorry, did I go overboard?” Hyuck asked and Johnny shook his head as fresh tears fell then hugged his son.

 

“You did nothing wrong hyuckie.” Johnny said and held his son tightly just as Chenle went outside.

 

“baba?” Chenle asked and Kun gestured his son to come closer. Chenle did and he was hugged by his father and kissed his cheek. Chenle protested a little but hey, he still loved his baba’s bugs and kisses.

 

“Love you lele bear.” Kun whispered and Chenle smiled and nodded.

 

“Love you too baba.” Chenle replied.

 

 

---

 

It was already nearing winter when Kun and Chenle found time to visit Limitless Café. It was almost closing time so there were no more customers but when they entered, they were surprised to witness a girl throwing water at Johnny before walking out of the café.

 

“Did we come at a bad time?” Johnyn asked and Donghyuck shook his head as he ran after the girl but just flipped the sign to close and locked the door.

 

‘Perfect timing.” Donghyuck returned and took the cake box from kun and Pulled Chenle towards a booth.

 

Kun walked towards Johnny to assess him and Johnny gestured that they go to the back for him to change. Kun found a towel to give to johnny but blushed and turned around when he saw Johnny stripping to change into dry clothes. Johnny chuckled at the reaction and shook his head as he wore a spare shirt. Kun then helped him dry his hair.

 

“What even happened?” Kun dared to ask.

 

‘We broke up, she made choose between her and Donghyuck, can you believe that?” Johnny answered and Kun nodded. ‘Obviously I chose my son.” Johnny was grinning, proud of his decision. “You wan a cup of coffee?” Johnny offered and Kun nodded, folding the towel and putting it in a bin before he joined Johnny at the coffee machine.

 

Kun observed the man do his magic with a fond smile and when he was done with their coffee, they walked towards the booth where their sons were already waiting for them.

 

‘Oh you brought cheesecake?” Johnny asked and Chenle nodded

 

“it’s the best, baba made it” Chenle proudly said but when Johnny was about to cut the cake, both Donghyuck and Chenle stopped him.

 

‘You’re not the only one texting each other.” Donghyuck grinned making the adults blush. “it’s Chenle’s birthday and we’ll celebrate it tonight.” He announced and Chenle nodded with glee.

 

Johnny lighted the candle and they sang happy birthday in three languages, Kun in Mandarin, Donghyuck in Korean and Johnny in English. They urged him to make a wish and Chenle exchange grins with Donghyuck before he blurted out “I wish that my baba will marry the man of his dreams.” Chenle then looked at Johnny. “Please make my wish come true dad.” He then blew the candle leaving both Johnny and Kun speechless.

 

“So?” Donghyuck asked with a raised brow and Johnny laughed loudly and Kun pouted.

 

“You planned this?” Johnny asked and the two nodded. “I can’t disappoint our birthday boy can I?” Johnny asked and both nodded vigorously. Johnny then took something from his pocket, knelt in front of Kun while Kun floundered like a fish out of water.

 

“We’re not even together!” Kun shrieked out.

 

“I think we already got married the day we swapped our sons.” Johnny grinned and took Kun’s hand and kissed it.

 

“But, Donghyuck!” Kun tried to argue.

 

“I picked out the ring with dad.” Donghyuck shrugged and Kun looked at his son.

 

“I want a sister.” He bluntly said and Kun took a deep breath and bit his lip while he looked at  Johnny, smiling with eyes shining.

 

“Go ahead.” He said softly prompting Johnny to take the ring out of the box and insert itt into Kun’s ring finger.

 

“Marry me?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded.

 

“Yes, I’d love too.” Kun answered and pulled Johnny into a kiss just as their sons popped the confetti.

 

 

----

 

Epilogue

 

It took two years before they decided to settle down and tie the knot. In the two years that passed, the two blended their families almost instantly, with Kun and Chenle moving it not he house just behind the Cafe and Kun’s composition were constantly played at the café. Kun’s cheesecake was also served in the café, and became a best seller while Kun and Donghyuck decided to take up baking lessons to have more variety in the food that they served. Chenle took an inkling to the business side and would help Johnny with he café’s books. Kun still composed but he has fully immersed himself in the café to help out his fiancé and their combination had proven to be one of the best, landing them features in websites and magazines.

 

They held a small ceremony inside the café, it was transformed into a room of blooms and trust Johnny to cry like every groom in wedding videos because Kun looked amazing as he walked down the aisle. Chenle was chuckling as he stepped on his place while Donghyuck was rolling his eyes but handed his father some tissues.  When Kun reached him, Johnny thanked Kun’s parents and tookKun’s hand, kissed it and interlaced them. They sealed forever with a kiss.

 

A few months later, Kun found out that he  was pregnant which was a surprise because he was nearing his 40’s. The doctor was not too surprised that Kun can get pregnant but when the ultrasound revealed that it was twins, Kun was advised to scale back on work because it will be difficult for him and the babies health wise. Kun delivered the Twins via C-section, the older of the twins was a boy they named Sungchan and the youngest and their precious lotus flower, they named her Yizhou.

 

“I love you.” Johnny kissed his husband’s temple and Kun hummed sleepily, Yizhou sleepily   on Kun.

 

“Love you too.” Kun gestured for Johnny to kiss him on the lips and his husband obliged before getting Sungchan from his cot to change his diapers.

 

 

 

--

 

a/n: Some facts:

Kun mention in Akdeong Seoul that he used to play basketball in middle School

Yizhou is Ningning and I like her a lot, Sungchan appeared on awsaz with Kun and they adorable together so I justwanted him to be Johnkun’s son somehow

Donghyuck’s love language has always been hugs so I just wanted to emphasize that here

Johnny played volleyball in highschool (or was it middle school)

During one vlive in 2018, Donghyuck caught  apaper towl on fire and Kun took it out with his bare hands

 

 

So anyway, I know that there’ll be little to no crumbs from johnkun so might as well just write stories to at least have something to keep johnkun alive.