end

of failed events and cute boyfriends
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heechul was in an extra good mood. Why you might ask. That is because his schedule finished two whole hours early and he didn't have any other appointments. That meant he could go home, relax and play games. Ah, it was indeed a lucky day.

He unlocked his apartment, entered, and expected to be greeted by Gibok but he was nowhere to be seen. Instead, there were an extra pair of shoes he didn't remember being there when he left. He wasn't quite certain who was the owner. But it didn't take him long enough to find out when he heard Jongwoon's voice from inside his home. 

"Bok-ah, no, no - you're making a bigger mess out of this. Get out," 

A mess?

Heechul's insides were telling him that his happy mood was going to be ruined in the next few seconds. 

He entered further inside and could already see traces of a mess around. There were paw marks on the floor made with what he guessed was flour. Okay, okay, he could deal with this. It wasn't so bad. No, it wasn't. It could have been worse. Yes, exactly. It could-

"Gibok - NO!" 

Jongwoon came out of the kitchen, running after the dog that had a packet between his teeth, whatever it was inside was coming out all over Heechul's floor. 

"Caught you! You little- oh, hyung, you're home!" Heechul wanted to scream. Jongwoon looked like he had walked out of a food fight and he could guess what the kitchen was like. For an unknown to Heechul reason - Jongwoon didn't have trousers on as well. 

He stood still as he observed Heechul. That wasn't the plan, which went south like an hour ago. Jongwoon really hoped he could manage to get things in order before Heechul got home. He never expected him to get home so early. Heechul was stiff from head to toe. He probably wasn't sure how to react.

"Jongwoon-ah-"

"Hyung, I can explain," Heechul sounded upset, which wasn't surprising granted the looks of their surroundings. But he still hadn't stepped in the kitchen. Jongwoon glanced at the room and tried not to cringe. "I-SURPRISE!" Jongwoon lifted one of his arms in the air while still holding on to Gibok with the other. The dog was calmly staying in his arm unlike what he was doing early. Little rascal.

Jongwoon tried to lift the mood, but maybe it wasn't the best time. Heechul's face was becoming darker. Jongwoon cleared his throat, looking ashamed. He let go of Gibok, who ran away from the scene. 

"Hyung, we-our anniversary is in two days, but we won't be seeing each other for like two weeks because of your work. I was wondering whether I should surprise you before or after it so I decided it would be better to do it before because otherwise, it'd be too late. And I wanted to do something more personal. Like cooking a very complicated dish that I have never done in my life, but it's your favourite and-" Heechul pulled him by the collar of his tee, lips pressed against Jongwoon's. He clung to Heechul's arm as the older man kissed him deeply. 

They pulled away and leaned against each other's foreheads. 

"Idiot,"

"Yeah, I am," Jongwoon smiled and Heechul pulled away while tugging at his t-shirt.

"Why are you pantless?" Jongwoon scratched the back of his neck and avoided Heechul's eyes. 

"Well, you see, things became really sticky in there, pretty early on. I had to take them off. But I didn't want to make more of a mess, so I didn't look for clean ones from yours and continue to cook like this," Heechul followed Jongwoon's gaze, which was pointed at the floor where his trousers were neatly folded but were far from clean.

"Okay, understandable. But why in the world would you even cook in the first place? Couldn't you do literally anything else? Jongwoon-ah, your cooking isn't the best, let put it that way,"

"Hey!" He pouted even if he knew Heechul was right "I know, but I thought that you'd appreciate it,"

"I'd appreciate it more if you never set a foot in my kitchen. Ever again," Heechul smiled sarcastically and Jongwoon punched his a

Please log in to read the full chapter